Saturday, September 13, 2008

Photo Hunters: Wild

The Photo Hunters theme this week is wild. First, here is a photo of me acting wild and crazy!
The red "X" is where I live. Everything on the left side is the Florida Everglades. Since we live so close to the Everglades, there are many wild birds and animals that visit my yard. I will show you some from my very own backyard!
This is a Great Egret. I think he is looking for some fish.
These birds are called White Ibis! I like their funny beaks.
An alligator! In my backyard! Run for your life! (after you take a photo).
Here are some Muscovy ducks. They make a big mess pooping on the patio.
This is a brown anole. You can tell he is a mature male because of the ridge along his back. Or, he could be a tiny dinosaur.


Share/Bookmark

83 Notes for Daisy:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Wonderful wild photos, Daisy! You're lucky to have so many interesting critters that live close-by!

Have a great weekend!

Your Pals,
Sen-Chan and Tom

Anonymous said...

Oh, we do hope the brown anole is a tiny dino, Daisy! We do not have any alligators in our Swamp. Our Nana isn't very sad about that. We just love living amongst so much wildlife. We hope we never live in a big city.

jams o donnell said...

You have such wonderful wildlife Daisy especially the fearsome Everglades banana monster! Happy weekend

Mec said...

awww... i'm sort of envious of the alligator in the backyard :) living in the city deprives me of nature big time..

btw, my wld is also up

ZOOLATRY said...

You're a wild 'n crazy lady.
We got all those same things in our yards... our human is very happy to now know the "kind of ducks" those are... lots of them filled up all the ponds left behind by Fay and she couldn't remember their names!

eastcoastlife said...

How lucky you are to live near to the wildlife! Happy weekend!

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh no run away from the dinosaur!

Huffle Mawson

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Good gracious Daisy....you live at the zoo! What wonderful pictures. Stay away from that alligator!

Anonymous said...

I love you Daisy!
You make me smile every day!!!
I am a Tortie and my Mommy adopted me from a shelter over 3 years ago.
I am so spoiled now that I don't even remember ever haved lived anywhere but here with her.
We love to read your blog everyday!!
You are so funny and so adorable. I get scared that my Mommy will try and dress me up but she promises that we will just look at Fashion Friday and not participate.
Thank Goodness!!!
Love,
Hazel

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You've got a lot of wildlife where you live Daisy. We get Egrets in our fields in the winter, but they are smaller than yours. Our Beans used to have Muscovies too, but that was before they had us. We live close to the river, and in winter we get Canada Geese. Sometimes there are about 400 hundred in our fields, and they make an awful racket.We don't get alligators, THANK GOODNESS!!!

Parker said...

Gosh, that's great to have so many wild things so close. The wildest thing we have are some loud neighbors sometimes...

Daisy said...

Hi Hazel! I am happy that you got such a wonderful Forever home.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures, have a great weekend :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

O how I love these wildlife pics! A great collection!

Anonymous said...

The wildlife outside must drive you wild :) I like your picture with the wild banana best of all.

The Florida Furkids said...

You have some cool Wild friends, Daisy. EEEK about the Alligator though - we're pretty sure we don't want any in our yard. We had ducks in our pool once!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We loved seeing all the wild life that visits you. Was that a Blue Heron next to the White Ibis?

And Daisy did you steal Pixie's banana?

~S,S & C

Mickey's Musings said...

I agree that a catnip bananer will make you WILD!!! heehee
You have lots of really neat critters near your home:)
We have WILDlife,but some of it Mom hates!! (like spiders! ,heeheehee)
Purrs Mickey

Unknown said...

Daisy, your backyard looks like it is visited by the same critters that visit our Granny's backyard in South Carolina! When we were there in January, there were once over 100 wood storks and ibis around her lagoon. It looked like Africa! And you'll never believe this - there was a BALD EAGLE in a tree that took a look at me and swooped down and circled us before deciding I'd be too big to eat in one bite!

Your pal,

Petey

Sweet Purrfections said...

Looks like you have a bunch of critters you could chase and play with if your mom would let you, but stay away from those alligators! We want to keep Daisy around for a little while.

jenianddean said...

Those are some crazy wild pictures. I don't know if I'd like having alligators in the back yard. But I bet the messy ducks are fun to watch.
--Jasper

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

doze ar sum intrestin wild animulz daisy.
mi mom luvz da flora an da fauna in da funshine state.
luv--jh

i beati said...

DAISY ISN'T IT FUN TO SEE EVERYTHING WILD YET LIVE IN A WONDERFUL CASTLE WHERE YOU CAN PLAY AND WATCH IT ALL OUT THE WINDOW, AND NOT BE SCARED..My cats have a built in enclosure 11 by 14 where they can play and climb like a jungle . they love it .They watch wild cranes and chase lizards and snakes.By the way Toppy said have a great weekend!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that is sure a lot of wild life daisy! you are very brave too!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Chat Blanc said...

wow! it's like you have a zoo in your backyard. that's super cool!

Dma said...

wow what a cool neighborhood u live in.

JD at I Do Things said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos of the cool birds and animals who come to visit you. I'd love to look out my window and see an ibis, but I don't think I'd care to see an alligator that close-up.

JD at I Do Things

Lux said...

There are so many interesting wild things where you live, Daisy!

Lidian said...

Boy oh boy, Daisy, that is like having Animal Planet Live right in your own backyard! Those are really cool photos, you are a lucky kitty!

Our backyard needs some new programs - we see little birdies, sometimes another kitty (which we find puzzling, how the heck did they get OUT?) and the same old grey squirrel who eats all our raspberries...

your Canadian pals, Asha & Katia

Sarge Charlie said...

I am just like you daisy, I am a "wild and crazy guy" you have lots of wild animals in your yard.

CRIZ LAI said...

Hey Daisy! What a dinosaur doing in your backyard? I thought they were extinct... under your paws.. haha :P

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

Jans Funny Farm said...

Your mom is brave to stop to take a picture of the alligator. You have some interesting visitors there.

Chrissie said...

You have your own wildlife preserve back there! I'm glad I don't have an 'gators in my back yard..that would be too scairty!

Forty Paws said...

Great fotos Daisy! Be furry kirful of those ginormous wild ani-mules.

Luf, us

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

You have some very interesting back yard furiends. I mostly have vishus deer. Sadly, we heard gun shots yesterday. It scared all of us and Bob and Patrick, too.
Hope you have a happy Saturday!
~ Anna Sue

Donna said...

That is a handsome lizard. He owes you a thanks because you did not eat him.

Anonymous said...

The Lady says that your house is lovely and your area is lovely and most of those wild creatures are lovely, but there's No Way she would live where alligators could visit the backyard. You're very brave. And she is not.

Anonymous said...

Excellent photos! I like the alligator one-- he looks so dangerous! Do they move very fast on land?

Camp Stanhope Happenings said...

I really enjoy the wildlife pictures around your house. Be careful of those alligators! We do not have those kinds of animals here in the 'heartland' of corn and soybeans and pigs!!!

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, you live in Wild America, Daisy! That is very exciting to have such cool birdies and alligators and tiny dinosaurs living in your neighborhood.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Toulouse said...

Such beautiful wildlife and in your backyard no less! They must be tame to let you take their pictures. You certainly have an exciting life! *giggles*

BeadedTail said...

Wow Daisy! You live in the coolest place ever! So many fun animals to see in your yard!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing these. How incredible Daisy that you get to look out your window and see so much. I have never seen any of those beautiful beings in the wild like you. So lucky. :) Peace!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Those were very good wild photos Daisy.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Kyoot tiny dinosaur!!!!!
Those Ibis beaks sure look lethal!
We mostly have mallards & geese her in Minnesota.

Kimo and Sabi said...

We are furry glad we do not live by them big aligaterz! But, then . . . we gots mountain lions! EEEEK!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Daisy, yoo haf mini dino-sawrs in yoor yard! Two diffrint kinds even.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I like Saturday Photo Hunting!

I hope ur mom did not get too mad at the Muscovy ducks ... they were probably just afraid of the Hornback Dinosaur.

I am too - just a little bit.

Asta said...

Daisy
I think you live in a bootiful wildlife sanckshuawy..
I love all youw pictoowes, but pleez take cawe and watch out fow the dinausouw and the cwoko dile.
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Babs (Beetle) said...

Wow! So much wild life! The most I see is worms, slugs and birdies!

Purrs, Sukie x

Tesla and Hansel said...

Daisy i jus luf yoor photohunters every weeks! Mommeh didna halp mez tadeh acaz she hadda werk all mernin. I hates meh mommeh. Stoopid.

Mommeh's favorites bird iz da 'Scarlet Ibis'

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Wow, you have a Big World right in your own backyard! LOVE all the animals...uh, maybe except the alligator!
--JB

Tesla and Hansel said...

peee eees. I lefted yoo awardie :)

Nomi said...

Wow, so many animals and wild fings right in your backyard ! I like the birdies but I would run away from the alligator !!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

It must be very exciting to live so close to the everglades and get to see so many wild creatures. (Except for the alligators. They're just plain skeery.)

RJ Flamingo said...

Hi, Daisy! We get the egrets and ibises, and the Muscovy ducks, too, even though we don't live as close to the Everglades as you do. Mommy thinks it's because we're a block off a canal. We get parrots, too.

There was an alligator in the canal last year, but some nice men came and took him away to the Everglades. Hey! Maybe that's him!

Isn't it fun to have so much stuff to watch and pretend to hunt through the windows? Pretty wild!

Stop by when you can!
http://flamingofotos.blogspot.com

Love -- JJ

Questdriven said...

It's really exciting to live near where wild animals are, isn't it?
We live next to a small woods, so we have big rats, snakes, and possums. Sometimes a bunny even comes into our yard.

Questdriven said...

Chicken feet are really yummy. I'm sure that cats would like them.
I don't know if this is true of cats, but with dogs dogs won't always eat raw meat because it doesn't smell as yummy as cooked meat.
Cookie gets chicken feet to help ease her arthritis.

Karen and Gerard said...

Don't let that alligator get you! Watch out! With all those critters around, I would be surprised if you ever got bored.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Yowza! You've got a whole bunch of wild creatures at your house!
DMM

The Cat Realm said...

Now Daisy - about that brown anole - can you wrap and ship that??? It looks very tasty - and I have never seen one like this here. As a fellow lizard connoisseur I know you'll understand...
We posted the winning Dare and I Dare You to accept the challenge!
Karl

Kitikata-san said...

Those are some nice photos! And how dare those duckies take poop liberties on your patio. Sheesh, tell them to find their own litter box.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay i do not want to scayr yoo but i am pretty shoor that littel dinosawr is the wun wot spat in newmans fayse and then ayt him in the famus dokyoomentry jurassic park so tayk care arownd it ok bye

Team Tabby said...

Nothing like a fresh nip banana, Daisy!
Those wild critters from your backyard are very interesting! Our beans saw some like those on a trip through the Tamiami Trail.

Mindy & Moe

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Daisy, you have the best backyard EVER! My husband and I visited the Everglades on our honeymoon and fell in love. It's such a wonderful and amazing place. I would love to live as close as you some day.

Just Ducky said...

Cool wild creatures in your back yard.

Anonymous said...

WE thought that was a real banana at first haha.
Wow Daisy you must love looking out your windows!
At our old house we used to live nezt to a forest and used to get all of those critters cept the alligator!! ARRHH that would be scary!! Though the frilled necked lizards and blue tongue lizards were scary enough of their own, it scarded my grandpa from the states! heheh
Now we lives in the city we don't see so much :(

The Fitness Diva said...

Wow, Daisy, you have a pretty amazing back yard! I'd love to be able to come outside and see different animals all the time. Although seeing the alligators would scare me a little bit...
As soon as you snap that picture of him, RUN! ;)

I love Florida, the Everglades seem like a great place to live!

L. Alida said...

Your backyard is amazing Daisy! The alligators scare me, but the other animals are really cool. You and Pixie are the coolest of course.
Your joke about Toeshee being a ham in the roasting pan was funny. My husband laughed too! Now Cricket wants to know if he tastes like it. ;)
I hope your weekend is super fun!
hugs and smoochies,
Lorianna

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think you have a very wild park at your backyard~!!! Maybe it's the reason makes you happy and sunshine!!!!!!
I like the way you eat nip-banana~~ hahaha~~~ Since we couldn't eat real banana like Pixie, right?

dennis said...

Dennis is impressed that you have a big X shaped house.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Do you have all those animals living near you house?? Wow!
Yummy banana!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

MYM said...

You do live near a lot of WILD stuff! I have an alligator on my page today to...but it's not for wild, altho it could be! They scare me! So do those little lizard things, my sis has photos of those tooo...eesh.

Linda S said...

Daisy, I like your pictures. My wildlife friend is a handsome possum named "Goway". My mommy won't let him come in to play 'cause she says he has cooties. I don't know what cooties is but they must be dangerous.

Love, Little Ding

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow Daisy, you live in a WILD area of Florida! We are glad we don't get gators here!
Your FL furiends,

Skeezix the Cat said...

It makes me nerviss knowing that yoo live so close to dinosawrs and big berds. Are yoo safe? Do yoo need purrtekshun? XXOO

Anonymous said...

You have the coolest backyard Daisy! I bet it's great entertainment for you! I can't wait til' I see my first alligator in Florida!

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

U gotz allie-gat-torz in ur back yard? Aint u fraid dey mightz eatz u? I dunt likez allie-gat-torz dat eatz kitty katz. OK?

Amber-Mae said...

Wow! You sure have a lot of neighborhood friends...

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Anonymous said...

Geeez, you are so lucky.

I would so *love* to have a go at that alligator!

Around here, the only thing worth huntin' are the wild boars.

Horse,

Footrot flats, NZ

Anonymous said...

"Wow" Daisy your so lucky to have such a great backyard :)

Forever Foster said...

Daisy, we discovered you while looking for information about our new foster, Evie, a Devon Rex. You have inspired us to participate in the PhotoHunt ourselves. What a great place you live in, to have such interesting neighbours!

Anonymous said...

Most of you know that Pixie has struggled with feline hypertrophic cardiomyopathy for over 6 years now. She was very tired and sad, and I do not think she even enjoyed her toys very much.Have a good day.Here is Pixie as a little baby kitten. Back then she loved to run and jump and twirl and leap around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails