Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Mystery: Solve the Riddle!

For today's Monday Mystery, you must solve a riddle!

Here are the clues:
I take off my jacket when the temperature's right
I frequently pop when my jacket's too tight!
At first I am yellow, even though I'm not scared
But then I turn white when my inside is bared.
Once out of my jacket, I do expand
Sometimes you will find me in the palm of your hand
What am I?

This one might be a little bit hard. You can put on your thinking cap if you need to. Do you know the answer yet? Click HERE to see if you are correct!


Share/Bookmark

105 Notes for Daisy:

Karen Jo said...

I know this one. And I got it right. Grin.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Wowww....
that is a good one~!!!
I learn something today~!!! Excellent!!! Thank you Dear Daisy!

Forever Foster said...

Hi Daisy!
Do they make your thinking cap in human sizes? Our mum needs one! She thought it was an egg! MOL. That was a very good riddle.

-Suey, Fui and Evie.

Anonymous said...

Miss Daisy you is very clever!
haha Momma said Bananana .. duh Momma..
hha Popcorn is Mommas bestest favorite food!

You look so sweet in your thinking cap.
I hope you and your families is feeling a little better, did you put Beautiful Miss Pixies Urn in a special place for you all?

You is such a little trooper Miss Daisy, just make sure you can feel sad too when you need to :)))

Lots of purring snuggles

Your Friend Victor

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh Popcorn that's so clever. I thought it was bananana. Haa
You look so cute with the fishie cap

~ Girl girl

Poppy Q said...

At first I thought it was a potato, but then I got it right.

Great Monday mystery Miss D.

Parker said...

Hooray for me! I guessed it! That was a very good mystery!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Brilliant riddle, Daisy! And, no we didn't get it...sigh...

Sen-Chan and Tom

Anonymous said...

YAY! It has been a long time since we got one right, Daisy! It must be the nice cool morning air we have been having lately.

Purrhaps you should tell us where we could find a thinking cap!

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

We have no idea wat is was, Daisy.
Maybes wat is missing is our own colourful tinking cap just like urs, though it may not work for.. ahem.. Garfield.
Better smarts next week we hope.
Hugs,

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We missed again. One day we are going to get one right. ~S,S & C

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

We guessed it right! We guessed it right! Wow...we feel real good 'bout ourselves for figgerin' this one out...Daisy, your riddles can be hard sometimes...this means we must be smart!

Thanks for gittin' our week off to a good start this mornin'!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Great riddle, Daisy!! We should have known that one but we didn't. The PM was thinking of some type of seed.

Purrs Goldie and Shade

gemmak said...

Oh...I didn't guess, very clever :o) I love your 'thinking cap' Daisy....it's very bright and beautiful :o)

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Popcorn!!!! Now I am hungry!

The Florida Furkids said...

We guessed it right! We're so excited to finally get one!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Anonymous said...

I need to go to riddle school. Good one!

Have a good week, Daisy. Have fun playing with Harley.

Anonymous said...

I need to go to riddle school. Good one!

Have a good week, Daisy. Have fun playing with Harley.

Donna said...

Yeah, I guessed it! Thank you, Daisy, it was a fun riddle.

Anonymous said...

ummmm, is it a potato? I know you've given a link to the answer, and that's very kind of you Daisy, but I want to guess it before i take a peek!
xx
Anita

Cupcake said...

Great thinking cap. Guess what! My mom and I guessed the same thing! we guessed...
...
...
...
...
...
...
POPCORN!!! Yay us!

Anonymous said...

lol

I guessed it write :D

Diasy is so cool and so cute and well she is arrogant too. But every one loves daisy :D

Lidian said...

We got it right too!

That was a really good riddle, Daisy. And delicious! (not for us kitties, but we can see that the humans enjoy it)

xx Asha and Katia

Monty Q. Kat said...

Popcorn is like bean-nip over here. MomBean takes out the popcorn popper and KidBean and SweetBean go nuts!

Mickey's Musings said...

WOOT!!! I was right!!!!!!!!!
Mom helped me a little bit ;)
Purrs Mickey

jenianddean said...

I was right!!! Yippeeee! I must have had my thinking cap on...I didn't even know I had a cap!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Yay I got it I got it...woo hoo I am so proud of myself...

purrs
Abby

sandyland said...

I finally got one but I am a little fuzzy headed. I need that thinking cap later today. I love your intense thinking face Daisy hahahaah Sandy and the kitty and Evie , Pinky, Princeman, Bitty Bopper, Mello ,Kissipurr, and Sweetheart!!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

I didn't have a brain, obviously it was popcorn and I still couldn't figure out. Shame on me!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We thought it was an egg, so maybe we can borrow your thinking cap next time.

Toulouse said...

Hi Daisy! That was so cute. As much as I love to eat... I was thinking maybe it would be something like a bug or a kind a lizard etc cause I know you like em! That was a good riddle though!

Happy Monday,
Toulouse

Dma said...

my thinking cap must be broke because i didn't get this one. mind if i borrow yours next time?

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

You stumped us again Daisy! That was a great one! We love your thinking cap, perhaps we need to borrow it ... hee hee!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Maggie May said...

Ohhhh! That was a tough one Daisy!!
~Maggie May and The Creek Cats~

Mini said...

LOL Good one I like your thinking cap!

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay i think yoo may hav misplaysd yore thinking cap and aksidently put a fish on yore hed insted but that is ok fish are yummy too ok bye

Sweet Purrfections said...

I thought I knew this one. I said a banana, but then I saw the correct answer! One day I will get it before peeking.

Karen and Gerard said...

That was very hard, Daisy, but then, I'm not so good at riddles. I see some of your other commenters got it right.

JD at I Do Things said...

Wheee! I guessed correctly! That's 2 out of about 500 I got right so far. I do love my popcorn with lots of salt and butter.

JD at I Do Things

The Island Cats said...

We got another one wrong!!! Daisy, we need to borrow your thinking cap!

Babs (Beetle) said...

Another good one daisy! I didn't guess it 'coz I'm still tired ;O)

Purrs, Sukie x

Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

We like your thinking cap.

We have an award for you...

(((HUGS)))~ Chancy, Jake and Babe, the Ernie's Voice Gang

Unknown said...

We gotted it right! Yay!! Jake likes it too!

Anonymous said...

Ariel..."Yay" I got it right and I didn't need my mom's help.

Mom..."Yes" she did!!!

Ariel... Mom be quiet Sheesh!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Popcorn! I thought it was nanas!

I guess I need a proper thinking cap.

The Furry Kids said...

Darn! But popcorn is tasty. Yum!

Love,
Tazo

PS - Yay Dolphins!!!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

WE GOT IT!!! YEAH! We never get the riddles hardly at all but we got this one.

Poppy said...

That was a good riddle, Daisy. And your thinking cap is very cute too. Congratulations on your new brother!!! He looks like he will be a superfun playmate!

Poppy

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

That one was very hard and of course we didn't get it right. We should have though. It's our mom's favorite snack and she has it almost everyday.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

OMC Daisy!! We would have never guessed this one!!!!!!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Oh Daisy! We would have never guessed this one!
Cool thinking cap!
~ The Bunch

Anonymous said...

Ha ha well I knowed this one! Yum yum I luv popcorns sooo much and when Mummy makes popcorn you bet I am right there waiting fer some!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yay, we got dis one right...prolly cuz mom had popcorn last night. We like yoor thinking cap Daisy, it's really cute.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I got it! I got it! And I must say, that thinking cap makes yoo look both smart and stylish!

Whimpurr said...

Redfurd here ... YIPPE, I got it wight! Dooz I git a pwize?? Huh, huh? .... Sowwy, Whimpurr jist towd me to settle down and forgit da pwize. ~ Purrs ~

Shaggy and Scout said...

We got it!!
We're getting better.

Black Cat said...

Duhr, first I thought it was a potato, but then I thought I wouldn't be likely to find it in my hand like that, so then I thought a 'nana, but that didn't seem quite right either... Popcorn? I hate the stuff so I'd never have guessed that; double duhr!!

Thanks for your comment. If Pinky does get a kitty (and I hope he does) he wants an older rescue cat:) xxx

Unknown said...

Can you believe that my mommy got it right?!

I guess her brain still works after all.

Little Ding said...

I didn't know...I don't think I like Popcorn. I do like your thinking cap. Thank you for coming to see me on vacation.

The Crew said...

Oh...we know,we know the answer! A popcorn.

Evergreen loves Kilroy said...

POPCORMS!!! num num num we loves it! And guessed it right! Fanks for a great riddle!

Forty Paws said...

That's very clever Daisy!

Luf, Us

Asta said...

Daisy
Youw thinking cap is much bettew than mine..I didn't guess..but nommmm, I love popcown..do you?
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Unknown said...

Oh boy, was I ever wrong - I guessed butterfly......what was I thinking : )

Good One Daisy!

The WriggleButts said...

Tee hee! I didn't get that one either.. Good thing my furs are so dark or you could see me blush!

Thank you for the very cute e-card! We're glad you all liked the package.

Kisses & purrs,
Bajas & Virus

Anonymous said...

We would never have guessed popcorn Daisy. Trixie kept saying "bumblebee, bumblebee" but that was not right.

Maybe if we had a cool thinking cap like yours we could have got it right!

Sarah Coggins said...

Good one, Daisy! Now I'm hungry. :D I like your thinking hat.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

duhr ... i thot it wuzza cicada.
hmmm.
luv--jh

Sunny's Mommy said...

Woo hoo! I got that one right! I thought it was easy, I didn't even need my thinking cap.

AM said...

Wow, you are a spunky jokester! I wish I was as clever as you!

Lightning and Co. said...

Never would have guessed... the crittermaster has something against
microwave popcorn and always makes it in a pot.

Anonymous said...

Daisy your thinking cap is too cute! And you are so clever! Thank you for today's riddle. That was good one.

Kathy said...

I put on my thinking cap, but I think it squeeze my head too tight because I didn't get it. Poo!

Zoe and Indy said...

That one was tough. And thanks to your riddle mom's going out to get some microwave popcorn. Hopefully we'll get a taste.

Anonymous said...

Yippee...I guessed right!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

You look very smart in your thinking cap.

Unknown said...

me think dat is yummy looking fishez?

Rosemary B❤️ said...

we cant find out thinking caps.
popcorn is really noisy but it smells good

SophieKitty said...

You're killin' me, Daisy! I haven't gotten one right answer in 3 weeks. I need to get some brain food.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

yay, I finally got something right!!!

~Donny

The Devil Dog said...

Ah, very good. Apparently mom is not very smart. She did not get it.

Roxy

Leona said...

That was a good riddle Daisy. We wanted to send you our belated condolences for Pixie. We are just coming back to the Blogosphere and were very sad to hear the news. Many purrrrrs to you and your family.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Good one!
I hope you had a great monday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

You stumpped us Daisy. That was definately a good one.

L. Alida said...

That was a good riddle Daisy. I guessed popcorn.
Thank You for your purrs for Billie. I'm sorry that you are missing Pixie. Love never fades. Enjoy your fun times with Harley. He is a good brother.
lots of hugs,
Lorianna

BeadedTail said...

You got me again Daisy! You are one clever kitty!

Quasi said...

I guessed this correctly! This is the first time I've gotten your riddle!

Findlay Furs said...

That was fun...we totally did not get it.

Marilyn said...

Yay! I got that one right. That's the first time I got one right. You are making me smarter.

Janet Roper said...

Daisy,
That was a good riddle - you tricked me. I wish my thinking cap was as beautiful as yours.
Harmony,
Janet

Us4 Cats said...

well pop my corn already i am done!

you dont wanta know the crazies maw came up with, geeesh!

-wlk

Anonymous said...

I got it right! I knew what it was by the second clue, just had that one yesterday for a snack.

Anonymous said...

We're going to make a guess before our mamacat looks at the answer. We think it might be popcorn??
MamaCat & the FurryPurries
Ozzy, Alice, Bootsie, Freckles, Lola, Dandelo & baby Honey

Sushi said...

Woof Daisy, I think I gotta wear the thinking cap, because I couldn't get the answer...

Strider said...

I got the popcorn when you said its color is yellow...haha. Good one. Thanks!

Lux said...

That was a good one, Daisy!

Phoebe said...

Daisy, that thinking cap is hilarious!

Motor Home Cats said...

We were close, but we didn't quite guess popcorn. We thought it was a seed of some sort.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Slash and Bronzy said...

I thought n thought fur so long until my brain almost POPPED out and then it hit me... POPCORN!

~Bombay

Anonymous said...

I got it wrOng!

I just love your hat Daisy!

Thoughts said...

Daisy I just LOVE your thinking cap! It is so cute and you look so cute in it!!!

We didnt get it right today, darn it. We need to brush up on our riddles apparently... :(

Theodore and Sasha

Tenny said...

Oh darn. I thot it mite be a bananner.

Joey said...

Dear Daisy, I got it RIGHT! that is because my Denis makes popcorn almost EVERY single night and I watch him very closely because he just MIGHT decide to go get my birdie toy out of the cupboard that is VERY near the kitchen. Do you think I'm VERY smart???

Your friend, Joey.

Anonymous said...

haha! I missed that one.. :-P

Today I learned something from this blog..Thanks a lot dear daisy:-) said...

Today I learned something from this blog..Thanks a lot dear daisy:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails