Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baking Christmas Cookies

Today I am getting ready for the holidays by baking some very extra delicious holiday cookies! They are just pretend cookies, so I do not need to use an oven. Even though I am hoping for an Easy-Bake oven for Christmas. These cookies are almost ready. They just need some more Sprinkles.
I am very disappointed with the cookie cutters. There is not a single one shaped like a snail! And there are no sharp edges. I do not know how I am expected to cut out fabric cookies with this thing.
Here I am testing the cookies to make sure they are done. Please do not try this at home, because my fabric cookie sheet is not really hot. I am just pretending.
Wait a minute, something seems wrong here...
One, two, three... A cookie is MISSING!
Who stoled one of my holiday cookies!?! It was probably Mr. Shrill.
Finally, I get to pretend-taste my cookies. I have discovered that fabric cookies do not taste very delicious. Not even a little bit. This proves I am a good actor, because I am imagining they taste good.


Share/Bookmark

94 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

Daisy, they sure look like real cookies! Are you sure you are not just pretending that they are pretend cookies?

TabbyNormal said...

We wish our mom would make some cookies just so we could help her. You really do make those cookies look good, an Oscar nom for you, Daisy!

Purrs,
Abby & Stygia

Luzinha said...

hummm... these cookies are very delicious, Daisy, aren't they? I like them! yami!

did you find out who get your cookie? or it is missing forever? please, let me know!

kisses for you and Harley!

The Meezers or Billy said...

they does look real - maybe you pretended they tasted like HAM?

Forever Foster said...

That was a very convincing performance. We thought it was a real treat in the last photo!

Teddy Westlife said...

That Mr Shrill is getting more and more out of hand. What are you going to do about him Daisy?

Huffle Mawson

gemmak said...

I think that Mr Shrill needs tracking down and once you find him you could practice your bitey skills, stealing your cookies is not nice, even if they aren't particularly delicious!

Lazy Housewife said...

I heart Daisy :)

The Florida Furkids said...

Wow those cookies look good..are you saying they're pretend so you get to keep them all?

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

AM said...

Wow Daisy, you never cease to amaze us with all your hidden talents!! Baker?? who would have imagined? I hope you find that Mr. Shrill and the missing cookie

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Cookies? Cookies? Do we smell cookies? What??? Pretend cookies? Oh no! Dat's a big tease. At least is there some nip in dem maybe?

i beati said...

The consumate baker- kudos

I like how you place your paw upon Mommy as you taste, and what a smile!!!Makes me feel Christmasy all over!!Sandy

The Island Cats said...

We hope you got some real cookies after that great demonstration!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you need some kitty treat cookies, Daisy. That way you don't have to pretend!

Tesla and Hansel said...

daisy yoo iz gud cook. I will make mommeh halp ME make sum cookies toos.

OR I SHALL SMASH HER. -tes

Maggie May said...

Daisy, you are a fantastic actor!!
We have nominated you and Harley for an award. Stop by our bloggie sometime and pick it up, ok!
~The Creek Cats~

Everycat said...

You are a consumate actress Daisy, we are drooling when we look at the cookies. I expect you will find the missing cookie in the jaws of Mr Shrill.

Whicky Wuudler

Cory said...

I'm not sure I could ever figure out how to act like something tastes good...you are an amazing actress Daisy. If something doesn't taste good to me, I try and bury it...

Maureen Hayes said...

Oh Miss Daisy, this PROVES you are a triple threat, you can act too!! I am glad those cookies weren't really hot though. Maybe you should re-think the easy bake oven? Besides, you have your mommy well trained, I am sure you will give you lots of cookies with your sweet face.

Mickey's Musings said...

I hope you get an Easy -Bake Oven Daisy,because I bet you would be a good cook!!All you need to do is keep an eye on Mr Shrill ;)
Purrs Mickey

Catzee said...

Iffen they were real catnip cookies, you could really taste em!

Ramses said...

Daisy your acting skills are second to none - I for one think you should get an Oscar nomination at the very least for your cookie tasting shot it's so convincing! :)

Purrs,
Ramses

Cat in the Foxgloves said...

What fun you have Daisy! And you're SUCH a good actor! You made me think that those cookies were delicious!

Liss said...

I love making holiday cookies! Good job acting.

Dma said...

very good acting indeed... makes me want to try the cookies.

Mrs. Sniffles said...

Daisy, I think your cookies look wonderful! I do think they could use a cilantro garnish, though. Thank you furry much for posting a purthday message.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy
Your talents never cease to amaze us...

purrs
Abby

Puglette said...

making christmas cookies is fun! even with pretend cookies :o)
I grabbed a button Daisy! I think it looks beautiful! I hope it did not hurt when I grabbed it.
Thanks for the button!!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Cat with a Garden said...

Those are nice cookies! Who stole the fourth one? Was it really Mr. Shrill?

Thoughts said...

Daisy you are too cute for words. Im glad you had fun making and testing pretend xmas cookies. I hope you get your easy bake oven for christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy, you are so versatile! Baker, actor, writer, fashion model, scientist -- where will it end?!

Anonymous said...

Daisy you are a good actor! I would not pretend that I likes those cookys not even a little bit. And I would give Mummy the stink eye fer trying to make me eats them!

Yer pal Dozer

Anonymous said...

The cookies look just like real ones! It is good that you used your modeling experience to pretend taste them.

I hope you get an Easy Bake oven Daisy. We are not allowed to cook anything.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Hmmm maybe nip filled fabric cookies would taste better?

Clover said...

Daisy, you are a good actor! You cookies look delicious... too bad they are not real!
Love Clover xo

Babs (Beetle) said...

Daisy you do make MB laugh a lot! She thinks your mummy is a little bit of a fruit cake, just like she is he he.

I think those cookies look very tasty, even if they're not.

Purrs, Sukie x

Two Greyhound Town said...

Daisy, you are a very good actor. I think you deserve a real cookie for all the work you did today.

Unknown said...

Hi Daisy. I just got my first cat. His name is Jerome and I think he is an amazing cat just like you.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are an excellent actress Daisy. I am salivating here thinking of cookies!

Chrissie said...

Daisy, do you think maybe Harley stole a cookie? He could have been hungry! Or maybe he's providing quality control...or maybe it was that rude lizard. He may have taken it outside to share with the really BIG lizard that lives in the water behind your house-for "insurance". That's it!

BTW-you are a very GOOD actress, Miss Daisy!

Boy n Beethoven said...

You're a vewy good actwess indeed because I would have thought those cookies tasted wonderful if you didn't say they don't!

Boy

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo make dem pretend cookies look deelishus. When yoo find Mr Shrill maybe yoo should force him to actrually eat a pretend cookie so he will learn a lessen.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

You really do need an Easy Bake Oven. That brought back cruel memories for the PM and the Christmas that she thought she was going to get one and she just got a "Quiz Kid" electric game. Many tears were shed that day. Her parents did get her one for her birthday in january though so she made pink coloured cakes to her heart's content!

You'd love it!!

Purrs, Goldie

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

You are a very good actress. I think you deserve some Greenies or Temptations!
~ Miss Emily of The Bunch

jenianddean said...

You just show how talented you are more and more each week. I hope Mr. Shrill brings the cookie back.
--Jasper

Unknown said...

ohmaigosh!! Daisy can has cookiez?? mai mom NEVER give me cookies dat is not fair! I will tell mai mom to give me some for christmas!!

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, you are a great actress. I wouldn't even try to bite something that isn't really food.

Roxy

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Yummmmm.....cookies!!!! When do you get real ones?

Motor Home Cats said...

Wow Daisy, are you going to make another movie? With your acting skills, we think you should. You could make enough money to buy yourself a pet monkey and an easy bake oven.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Eduardo said...

Those do look like real cookies!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Donna said...

Cookies with icing on them are really good.

Unknown said...

Those look like yummy holiday cookies!

My Mum still has her Easy Bake oven from when she was a little girl, maybe she will let me borrow it and I can make some delicious cookies too.

Linda S said...

I think you make wonderful cookies, Daisy! you are quite a cook!

Daisy Deadhead said...

The last photo is just so precious!!!!

JD at I Do Things said...

I think my holiday cookies probably end up tasting a lot like yours. Although the people who sample them are not nearly as good at acting as you are.

JD at I Do Things

Cafe Cats said...

They look delicious, Daisy! I bet they would taste better if you sprinkled some nip on them!

Sara

Randi said...

Aww Daisy! I did't realize you were such a master baker~

Those cookies look yummy!

love & licks,
Randi

The Furry Kids said...

Those cookies look delicious. I'm sorry that they don't taste very good. You fooled us with your modeling expertise, though, because we believed that they really were delicious. :)

BeadedTail said...

Daisy, those cookies sure look real! You did a wonderful acting job because you made me believe they tasted delicious! I hope you find your other cookie!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Those are very good-looking pretend cookies, Daisy!

Anonymous said...

Hello Daisy the Curly Cat, hey why don't you make some real cookies and share them with us?

The Silver Age Sara said...

Daisy, you are so absolutely adorable. Loved the cookie story and I hope you find out where the missing cookie went.

Unknown said...

Daisy yoo make a great actor!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are a very good actress Daisy. You made us believe that was a real cookie you were tasting.
pee-ess
There wasn't a lid on my nip. When I tipped it up, it went all over my head. It was fun.
Flynn

Anonymous said...

Low calorie cookies! Our granddaughter is getting an Easy Bake frosting pen for Christmas as one of her gifts. :)

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think that cookie must be really really delicious~!!!
If your mommy sell it, I might buy it a bag~~~~~~
You are really really good!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You are a very good actress as they look delicious from your smile.

~S,S & C

Anonymous said...

I should send you some of our real cookies. My mom made them for the dogs, but I stoled some when she took them outside in the cold white stuff and hid them in my playhouse.

musingwoman said...

Give the academy award to Daisy!

Anonymous said...

Pure method acting ;-) Great job, Robert De Niro couldn't act any better. And by the way: The academy award for the best supporting act goes to Mr. Shrill!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Those are the kind of cookies my mom bake! Or no bake??
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Skeezix the Cat said...

Boy, Daisy, I'm reely imprest with whut a good actress yoo are! Did yoo study "the method"?

SophieKitty said...

You should get an Easy Bake Oven for your award winning performance! I thought those cookies were real.

Lux said...

Those cookies looked like meat to me - I'm afeared I would've taken a big bite and asked questions later.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Daisy, I think you are fooling us and those are real cookies!

Quill and Greyson said...

You are an excellent actress Daisy, was that your little tongue?

Fred said...

Can you send some cookies to us?

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

I think my mommy has that exact same recipe. Her cookies taste like fabric too.

3 Cat Blog said...

Wow, you are a good actor because we thought you were really enjoying that cookie!

We hope you get that easy bake oven. :)

Samantha & Mom said...

They look pretty real to us!!
Your FL furiends,

Southbaygirl said...

Daisy they do look like real cookies...we can't believe they are fabric! Did you taste them??

Kodak, 3 Perf and Blossom

Anonymous said...

thnks

Anonymous said...

Miss Daisy you is a fabulous actor!! I totally believed you , in fact I woz trying to lickity the screen too and steal them from your mouths.. Maybee Mushka might share some from her cookie pouch with you! :)

V-V

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay if yoo dont want yore fabric cukies i wil eet them for yoo i dont mind if they ar not mayd of reel cukie stuf ok bye

Anonymous said...

hummm... these cookies are very delicious, Daisy, aren't they? I like them! yami!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Daisy, you are an excellent actress! I would not even try fabric cookies. Yuck.

PS: I hope Santy Claws brings you an Easy Bake Oven.

Gretchen said...

Your cookies look very yummy. You pretend very well.

Hugs...G

Peanut Butter and Jenny said...

i is very very jealous. mommy made cookies but i didn't gets any. all i getted was a lot of flour in my head. and when mommy tried to get it out, it made a gel like paste and messed up my pretty hair. i shows you tomorrow. you is lucky kitty

Anonymous said...

I’ve had my eye on a Canon 500D filter to use for macro shots, although have also heard good things about the Tamron lenses.

Anonymous said...

Oh harley you are just too cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you clarified that, at first I thought those were your cute little paws all curled up under you....hmmm...a beard huh...

Anonymous said...

Lol Ho ho ho, to you too! You look very handsome Harley :o)

Anonymous said...

That was a very convincing performance. We thought it was a real treat in the last photo! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You look so festive and handsome in the Santa hat! Really.........

Related Posts with Thumbnails