Thursday, December 18, 2008

Some Toys are Confusing

Here is a game called "Red Dot." I have still not figured out how to win at this game. Even when I spread all my toes real wide, I cannot hold onto the Red Dot.
The Red Dot, it always slips through my paws. And then I am left with nothing but memories.
Harley is trying to learn the secret of the Red Dot. But I do not think he is smart enough to figure it out.
Do you see the Red Dot here? Somehow, it climbed onto his back. Maybe it is like fleas. Or cooties.
Here comes Harley! I better get out of his way, FAST!

Share/Bookmark

87 Notes for Daisy:

gemmak said...

Lol Daisy, I don't think anyone ever gets to work out the red dot, it is a very sneaky red dot and it plays tricks that even wide spread paws can't compete with!

Forever Foster said...

The red dot mystifies us. You made a very good attempt to catch it with your clawrs in the first picture!:)

Luzinha said...

run, Daisy, run! kkk

and don't worry about the red dot. one day you will catch it! you will see!

kisses for you and Harley!

The WriggleButts said...

Mom's been talking about getting one of those games for Virus.. hmm..

*Bajas

Cat with a Garden said...

That's a very elusive red dot. We can't think of how to get it when even you didn't get it with that perfect claw technique in the first picture. Harley really looks dazzled.
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

Parker said...

I've been working on this mystery for years Daisy...

Anonymous said...

We think that some games, like Red Dot, are just un-win-able, Daisy. Unless you are the Red Dot. It always wins.

AB clan said...

Confusing but fun!
We never catch it...

the AB

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That red dot (our is a purple paw)drives us mad too. We really try hard to catch it, but it always gets away.

Unknown said...

That red dot comes to our house sometimes. We can't figure it out either.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

ZOOLATRY said...

Did you send that red dot up to Cocoa?
It was bounding and jumping all over our floor the other day!

TabbyNormal said...

We LOVE your spread-out toes, Daisy! We don't have a red dot at our house, but the cat who came before did. Our mom would put the dot on her haunch and she would bite herself.

Purrs,
Abby & Styggie

Karen said...

I hate those dumb Red Dots! I chased one all over the house yesterday. Darn my husband anyway!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We love playing with the red dot, but it always escapes us. We do not know of anyone who has ever caught a red dot.

The beans were playing a very strange game with the red dot last weekend, in our yard. Daddy bean had a string and a board and Mommy bean made the red dot show up on the board. This seemed very important to them and Mommy says it has something to do with our Christmas present (which may be late due to the weather). We just had fun playing with the strings when Daddy was through with them. The beans also dug holes in our yard, where the red dot told them too. They are acting very weird. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Ramses said...

Oh yer the red dot is always naughty, but unlike fishing toys it doesn't seem to break when Isis goes berserker on it! ;)

Purrs,
Ramses
x

Cat in the Foxgloves said...

That looks like a fun and challenging game Daisy! Jelly Bean has that Red Dot game and likes to play with it on the stairs.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

I love the red dot! My little sister has never sen it yet but I know it will make her crazy...

Your Pal,
Sen-Chan

Turkey Cats said...

We love the red dot too, but we can't figure out how to catch it. It is VERY sneaky!!!

Cory said...

We can never catch the red dot either, but we like to try! Sometimes it climbs up the walls and we try so hard to jump and get it...and then it slips away. We think it's a magic bug.

Donna said...

Oh no, is it cootie season already?

Anonymous said...

I always save you, Daisy, until the very end of my reading. You are always fun!

Spooky said...

Oh, that red dot's at your house now?! That red dot is amazing. It can even climb walls and ceilings!

Dma said...

sometimes the red dot appears on our ceiling and Theo tries his darndest to jump up and get it. Unfortunately he doesn't really get that close although he never seems to get discouraged.

JD at I Do Things said...

Don't worry, Daisy. That Red Dot game is very hard to win. My brother used to play the Red Dot game with me. I would try and try and end up bursting into tears and yelling for our mom.

JD at I Do Things

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Hey, we have that red dot toy too and we have yet to catch it! Man, can that dot ever move!

The Creek Cats said...

Daisy, we love the red dot game. Well, all of us except Maya who can't seem to see it!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Is that anything like a blue light special?

Purrs
Abby

i beati said...

Good exerciser that red dot game. Mello could use it Sandy

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

REDDOTREDDOTREDDOT!!!!

Liss said...

Oh what fun, Nixon and Fatty got the Red Dot for Christmas this year.

Bonnie Story said...

Daisy, your toes are awesome! I like knowing that the raisin toest is under there ready to snag that dot. I think Pepper might enjoy the dot game some time but she's getting kind of lazy about that these days. Harley's coat sure is glossy and sleek. But I bet he wishes he had curly behind-the-ear furs too. That's pretty neat. You kitties be good now!!! Bonnie and Pepper

Shaggy and Scout said...

Red Dot game is fun but you are right, it IS confusing!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Da red dot bug is furry frustrating and yet every time it appears we must chase it...Speedy is obsessed wif it and will chase it in circles. Very undignified.

Puglette said...

oh, yes...the red dot...we loved to play red dot with our kitties. hubby thought it was funny to play red dot and have the kitties jump up the walls chasing the red dot. or he liked to get the kitties to crash! i have a naughty hubby ;o)
hugs,
puglette
:o)

The Furry Kids said...

That red dot is tricky. We haven't been able to catch it either.

Lux said...

You almost had it! Ours is pretty elusive, also!

Babs (Beetle) said...

I love the red dot game too! I can never catch it either *Sigh*

MB added you to her Blogorella favourites and voted three times for you ;O)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Is Harley stalking you or that red dot Daisy? I would watch out.

Janet said...

We don't have a Red Dot here, but sometimes we play with a reflection off of Mama's watch. The kitties try and try but haven't caught it yet!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

The red dot is evil!!!!!! It goes places we don 't stand a chance of going!

Anonymous said...

You can never catch that red dot. It's like magic!

Anonymous said...

We play the red dot game and it is fun, and it tires out the kitty so she doesn't wake her mom in the middle of the night. It makes the little human giggle over and over as the kitty runs into the wall.

The Island Cats said...

Daisy, we lose at that game too...if you figure out the red dot, let us know, okay?

Peanut Butter and Jenny said...

that does not look like a fun game. i like red MOUSE game cuz i catch her and can carry her around wiff me!

Chesney Cats said...

Hi Daisy & Harley!! We LOVE to play Red Dot, but we can't catch it either....Mama gets tired of playing before we do.

Hugs & Purrs,
Sammy, Festus & Emma

Motor Home Cats said...

We don't like the red dot game. We never play it. It looks like you are having fun tho. Keep playing and maybe one day you will catch it.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Anonymous said...

Hi, Daisy! We trieds to send you a Christmas card, but it said your mail was "deactivated"! Hope that's not something bad.

Dat red dot clearly cheats.

Unknown said...

I have that same red dot at my house! Do you think it travels around the world trying to drive us cats crazy? Sometimes it sits on my paw and I try to eat it, but it disappears before I get a taste.

Anonymous said...

My cats reading your blog, and now they request me to buy that red dot too! :P

Merry Christmas to all the cats :)

Do visit my blog, i update with some photos :)

http://el.freakzter.com

The Devil Dog said...

PlusOne tries to get me to play with something like that, but it doesn't work. I am not interested. It looks like fun, though, maybe I should be interested.

Roxy

Two Greyhound Town said...

Back in the old days, my cats had a big white light that they chased. The red dot looks like a lot of fun, too.

jenianddean said...

Harley really is on the prowl in that bottom picture! We love when the red dot comes out and we get to hunt it.
--Jasper

Randi said...

Daisy...have you tried finding the source of the red dot?

Does it have something to do with your mommi?

love & licks,
Randi

Thoughts said...

Daisy I think you might never figure out the red dot. We have one of those too and it puzzles us to no end. Our bean thinks its wildly entertaining the way we chase it though!

Theodore and Sasha

Eduardo said...

I want to play!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Cafe Cats said...

Ooh! We all LOVE the Red Dot game! Even Sara and she usually doesn't budge off of the couch unless there's nip involved.

Bebe

Sunny's Mommy said...

That is a fun game! We don't have a red dot anymore, but our cats play that game with us using a flashlight.

BeadedTail said...

Oh, not the red dot! That red dot is so elusive! It sure looked like Harley was intent on catching it though!

Kimo and Sabi said...

This game is furry fun and frustrating at da same time. I don't think we'll even win . . . and da beans just laugh & laugh.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, Harley's not givin yoo cooties, is he? Cuz I've herd that it's not good to have gerlfrends with cooties.

Chrissie said...

I think that red dot is an alien, Miss Daisy. Kind of like the red dot Wall-E sees before Eve's ship touches down, it's a harbinger of doom!

I can't catch the durn thing either.

Anonymous said...

Aaawwww. Poor Kitty.

Toulouse said...

At first I thought it was an M&M, but I love food! *giggles* Mom used to have one when I was little. Hmmm.... I wonder what happened to it! I bet I know!

Hugs,
Toulouse

Mo and The Purries said...

Spooker never was interested in Red Dot, but I'll bet Pete would love it!
A very fun post!

Teddy Westlife said...

OMG do you think the red dot is invading like the vishus deer? We have one at our house too! I do my best to catch it, but I'm just not fast enough. Even when I try and bite it.

Huffle Mawson

Mickey's Musings said...

Those red dots are a pain!! They are fast and sneaky!!!!!
Purrs Mickey

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Those dots are EVERYWHERE! Get it!

Fred said...

We play Red Dot here, too. What makes it funny is when the dog plays along with the cats.

Unknown said...

oh wow...dat red dot is hard to catchz!! me never catchz it...one time i eat it but it dissappearz in mai stomachz!! so weired!!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
I've seen that red toy but I know it is not easy to catch it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Quasi said...

The red dot toy is fun at first but I find it rapidly becomes frustrating. By the way, do you live by Tampa in Florida? The Tampa newspaper reviewed my book! Here's the linky: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/dec/16/heres-few-good-reads-pet-lovers/life-pets/

Sweet Purrfections said...

Wow! Harley sure is flexible.

I haven't played the red dot game yet. I must give it a try.

Anonymous said...

hehe Miss Daisy I can not believe that even with your rawr paws it slipped through.. that is one WIL-E_DOT hehe

v-V

Jake and Bathsheba said...

I never played the red dot game.

Thank you for your well wishes for my pesky brother Jake. He is in the hospital overnight, but is feeling a little better.

~Bathsheba

Quill and Greyson said...

Hey how did Dot get over there?

3 Cat Blog said...

Oh this is Emmy's favourite game! Moses likes it for a few minutes, Bear thinks it's boring. But Emmy can play for hours!!!

Harley really looks like he's studying the dot!

Grahamn Kracker said...

That dot - it has been seen darting around Alaska, too, another calico chasing it.

Mr. Echo said...

I git bored with the red dot. I want sumthing I can dig my claws into. The red dot is frustrayting. Just say no to the red dot.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Oh Daisy... you gots a bruther now?

Harley is a goods name. We likes dat name... Mawmee's big bruther's wife is named Harlee.
Daisy May

Red dots are magic stuffoms I thinks... I can't catch dem neethur... Bootsie Woo.

Black Cat said...

The Red Dot is magic, elusive, mysterious... It cannot be caught... But its source can! Hint: Look at what your bean is holding in her hand (apart from the flashy box!). Muahahahahaha!!! :) xxx

Anonymous said...

We can't think of how to get it when even you didn't get it with that perfect claw technique in the first picture.

Anonymous said...

Those red dots are mighty slippery things!

Unknown said...

That is too funny, my dog Lena loves this game too, only we play with a much larger dot, it's from the flashlight, she goes crazy for it.

The Oceanside Animals said...

This looks like a fun game, but if the red dot is accompanied by an Austrian voice saying "Sarah Connor?" I would suggest running away.

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Daisy, you better get out of the way or Harley might run you over!!
Your (Our Mom killed the computer mouse today and that is why we have no post) FL furiends,

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! My cats have a tough time figuring out the red dot, too. My poor foster kitty gets so worked up, it takes him 20 minutes to quit looking for it once "the buggy goes to sleep."

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I know what you is saying bout the red dot. You should ignore that nasty thang. It does not play fair!

Yer pal Dozer

Related Posts with Thumbnails