Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Mystery: What Is It?

For today's Monday Mystery, you must guess what the mystery object is. Some of you who have followed my blog for a while might already know the answer to this one! Take a close look at this thing:
We will even take a peek inside and feel all around.
Study the object real hard now!
Do you know what it is? To make it easier, I will give you multiple choices:
A. It is a jewelry box
B. It is my very own suitcase!
C. It is a hatbox for a monkey's hat
D. It's just a geegaw

Do you think you know the answer? Click HERE to see if you are correct! After you have guessed, if you would like to learn more about this object, you can see the Auction Description of this thing. I think you will agree that my Mommie buys weird stuff.

Also, my friend Hannah Fanna asked me to do a guest post! I wrote all about the Florida Everglades with photos of birds and stuff from my very own backyard. I hope you will visit her blog today!

Share/Bookmark

88 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

We were hoping to see you modeling the Monkey Hat, Daisy! After all, isn't it Monkey Monday somewhere?

gemmak said...

Wow....you have some very interesting things Daisy....are you going to do some monkey hat modelling for us.....please? I'm off to read about your Everglades now..... :o)

Country Cats said...

Aww rats I got it wrong, I thought it was your very own suitcase to hold some of your fashions. My Mommy buys weird things, too, she buys very old dishes. Why would anyone want old used dishes? I do not know.

Tyler said...

Oh Daisy, I was sure that was your suitcase. I didn't know monkey's had hatboxes. Wow the things I learn on your blog are numerous.

Forever Foster said...

Woohoo! We guessed right! Hahaha there's a first time for everything:)

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

We should have known it was a hatbox for a monkeys hat, you lil monkey! We guessed a jewelry box, well you like jewelry too and dressin' up. You should go on Antiques Roadshow, Miss Daizy!

Teri and the cats from Furrydance

Teddy Westlife said...

I guessed what it was! I think you could use it for one of your hats though.

Huffle Mawson

The Florida Furkids said...

WE guessed it, but only because we figured it wasn't any of the other three!! Our Mom buys weird things too.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Luzinha said...

oh, My! I was thinking that this suitcase it was yours! kkkk

nice suitcase and nice hat, but really weird! kkkk

have a nice monday, Daisy! I'm going to read your friend's blog, now!

kisses for you all!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Wow! That is quite a box! And no, we didn't guess right... We also thought it was your suitcase! But maybe it's too small for your wardrobe!

Your Pals,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Luzinha said...

Daisy, I'm impressed with so much beautiful things that you presented us on the Hanna's blog! in the south of Rio Grande do Sul - state that I live, there is an ecosystem named Reserva Ecologica do Taim. in this ecological reserve, there are several animals, like capybaras, alligators and many birds of passage come from the Patagonian. if you want, you can see more here in this link.

kisses for you and Harley, Daisy! and your mommie too!

Peanut Butter and Jenny said...

i getted it right!!! but i thinkz you makez it into you iz own suitcase. forgets the monkey. mommy calls me monkey all the time and i no likies! i iz kitty.but you puts on hat please? you looks pretty in hats!

and my mommy getz weird stuffs from internet too. one time we getted a box of shiny boxes and i iz so excited thinkin it was the bestest toys ever for me. but she sayz "peanut no play. these is Barbies, not toys."
and they is little peoples stuck in a box!!!!!!!

jenny: Peanut, they were gone with the wind collector's Barbie DOLLS, not people.

Unknown said...

hai Daisy!! Oh dat box lookz like puuurfect for snuggling up insidez!! Me think it is your nestz!!

Isis said...

Yippy I got it right again! :) I do so like guessing things correctly, which is why I'm very concerned about Mummy making shepherds pie tonight. If I've guessed right it's fully of tender shepherds! ;)

Purrs,
Isis
x

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

We got it right! Great little box!

Parker said...

I remember that!
I'm going to go and see Hannah now...

The Creek Cats said...

We were right! It would also make a great little suit case for you, Daisy!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Daisy, we got this one right! Woooo hoooo! It would make a really cute suitcase, though ... hee hee!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Everycat said...

We didn't guess right but we are amazed such an item would be made.

Cory said...

I guessed wrong...and mom hasn't had her coffee yet, so you know she's useless...I thought it should be your very own suitcase. We definitely want to see you model the monkey hat!

Babs (Beetle) said...

That's certainly is a weird thing to buy ha ha! Did your mummy buy it for the Daisy wardrobe?

Donna said...

Wow. That's a nice box! Makes me wish I were a monkey.

Cupcake said...

Ooh! Ooh! I got it right!

i beati said...

unique not wierd,although I must say I had that hard look you wear when you,too are perplexed..hahaSandy

RJ Flamingo said...

I admit that I was totally stumped on that one, Daisy! You're right - your mommy collects some truly weird stuff. But in my case, it takes one to know one.:-)

I read your Everglades post and it was really good!

The Island Cats said...

Wow! We didn't know organ grinder monkeys hats needed a hat box! That is a furry cool thing (or at least our mom thinks that...she must be like your mom)!

mog said...

I guessed right. It would be perfect for your hats too but you're going to need more than one to store all your hats. And since you look adorable in hats, you may need a lot.

Anonymous said...

Yea! We guessed correctly! But only because we read your blog and know about your mom's monkey fetish! That's pretty cool Daisy. We'd love to see you in that monkey hat! Or maybe it would better suit Harley?

Sweet Purrfections said...

I guessed it! Yay! I thought I would see you modeling the hat though.

Unknown said...

At first I thought it was a hat box, (before seeing the choices) But once presented with choices, I thought it was probably your suitcase. But I was wrong. It looks like the perfect size for a Daisy's belongings, though, doesn't it?
Kiddo

Anonymous said...

My guess was the monkey hat!

You are the cutest kitty I know!♥

AB clan said...

To me it's a doggy bag ??
ViVi

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We guessed right. Mainly because Mommy has a bunch of regular hat boxes and they looked similar.

~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Sarge Charlie said...

Drats, I was shure I had it right two weeks in a row, but is is very interesting

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

man daisy i am so dumb sometimes! i remember that and i still got it wrong. sigh...

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Ehmmmm, I guess the answer is A?

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I was wrong!

Dma said...

maybe some day your mom will buy you a monkey roommate.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

yep ... i gessed rite becuz i know yer mommie an da stuff she likez!
luv--jh

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think this would be too small to be your jewlry box, because you have lots of necklace~!!!
And a fashion lady always need that.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Wrong again!
We guessed Jewelry Box.
You are right, your Mommie buys weird stuff. Ours used to buy Flower Frogs. What good are they!!?
~ The Bunch

Sunny's Mommy said...

I guessed right!

Puglette said...

yay! i guessed right! i know your mommie likes to collect old monkey stuff. :o)
Does it still have it's salmon colored lining?
Hugs,
puglette
:o)

Anonymous said...

We guessed! Our Mama is also monkey crazed. It's funny that our posts are about monkeys today. Great cats think alike!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy, when will you model that hat? I remember that but I had thought you were using it as a suitcase.. sigh.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Um, yoor mom is really into monkeys isn't she? Now we is gonna go learn about da Everglades...
Hi Harley!

Thoughts said...

Darn it we got it wrong Daisy! You always stump us!

Theodore and Sasha

The Devil Dog said...

Woo Hoo, we were right. Cool.

Roxy & Lucky

jenianddean said...

I guessed one right! That could have been your Saturday post, too...
--Jasper

Anonymous said...

Daisy: what I want to know is, did your Mommie specifically search for an organ grinder monkey's hat, and if so, why? Or, did she just come across the hat in random wanderings on the interwebs?

las794 said...

Boy, you got me with that mystery--I thought the monkey hat box choice was thrown in as a joke! What an interesting (and, yes, weird) auction find!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I couldn't guess. I guess I haven't been paying attention. Will now pop over to read your quest post...

The Meezers or Billy said...

WE GOTTED IT RIGHT!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I guessed right, but only because you mentioned there was an auction description for it. Maybe your mommie thought it would make a nice suitcase for you when she bought it.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We got it right Daisy!!!! Amazing!

Molly said...

this is weird.really.alright,i admit I was wrong.

Lux said...

What an amazing thing - I think it's very cool!

Asta said...

Daisy
We guessed it wight, heheheI guess Mommi is into weiwd stuff too, hehehe
We think it's vewy cool
smoochie kisses
ASTa

Christine and FAZ said...

I knew it, that's just what it looked like. Can we see a picture of your modelling said hat by any chance? FAZ

Jen said...

Yay! I got it right!

The Furry Kids said...

We were wrong. Darn! Hope you guys are having a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

Ok...looks like a hat box for one (or more) of your many hats!

So, I choose B!

Shaggy and Scout said...

We knew it Daisy, but we are long-time Curly Cat followers! Collecting is fun, especially unique things. It is almost like a treasure hunt.

Cat with a Garden said...

Daisy, your guest post was most interesting! We thought the ibis only live in Egypt! ; )
And no, we didn't have an idea it was a case for a monkey's hat...hihihi.

Fat Eric said...

Yay, I guessed right because I remembered your mum collects monkey stuff. How much of it does she have now I wonder? Enough to start a museum?

Quasi said...

I have no idea! It's too small for me to fit in.

Maureen Hayes said...

WOW I got it on the first guess. I thought your guest post was very good Daisy and I'll bet Hannah is thrilled to have such a celeb posting on her blog! I enjoyed seeing all the wildlife you have in your backyard. We don't have anything quite that exotic in NY, so I won't bore you with pictures. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yayyyy!!! We guessed right!

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

I WANNA SEE THE MONKEY!!!!

Maureen said...

Well, I thought it was a hat box, but one for a monkey??? Wow! It is very cool.

Unknown said...

We fink it is a furry neat lookin case fer a monkey hat. Ummm yer mom doesnt happen to has a monkey hidden somewhere there? Yoo gotta be real careful of the evil closet monkey!

Mickey's Musings said...

That was fun!! I remembered that box too :)
I would like you to model the hat too,since you don;t have a monkey.
You can use a monkey model though ;) heehee
Purrs Mickey

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Gosh ... It does look like a tiny hatbox.
DMM

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Yay, we guessed right! That's a very interesting item.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

we guessed right!

purrs
abby

Black Cat said...

I guessed right, but can't decide whether this is because I'm very clever (har har!) or I remembered it subconsciously from last time!

Your guest post was great. Thanks for introducing Hannah Fanna. Her blog is cool. What a cute girl and very mature (but not precocious) for her years! :) xxx

Randi said...

Monkey hat case?

love & licks,
Randi

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Yes, I want to see you modeling that monkey hat!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I did not get it. That was a good one. And you sure look funny in the purple hair in your other post!
--JB

The Lazy Iguana said...

The brown anole is not a native lizard. They are invaders - most likely from The Bahamas.

The native FL lizard is the green anole.

BeadedTail said...

I would never imagined that monkeys have hat boxes. Thanks for showing it to us Daisy! I also enjoyed your post on Hannah Fanna's blog! You did a great job!

SophieKitty said...

Wear the hat on fashion Friday! It's so cool.

SophieKitty said...

Maybe your mommie will let you wear the hat on Friday!

Quill and Greyson said...

I was gonna guess the Monkey hat box too!

MaoMao said...

hehe, a monkey hat! I didn't get it right. But since it's a box fur a monkey hat, maybe I need one cuz Momma's always callin me her little monkey efun though I don't wear a hat! hehe

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMaoMonkeyMao!

Motor Home Cats said...

We knew the answers. Did you know that they sometimes use monkeys as "jockeys" on greyhounds. When Mom was working with the greyhound rescue, she saw many dogs that came in with monkey bites.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Anonymous said...

I knew it as I read your blog everyday...Hugs

Chrissie said...

I got it right! I remember from a previous post..hey, I've been hangin' out with you for a long time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails