Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Go Behind the Scenes!

I thought it might be interesting for you to see behind the scenes while I am modeling. So I am posing in front of a mirror! My Mommie is holding up a delicious treat in one hand and trying to work the camera with the other hand.
I do not usually pose in the bedroom, because I do not take that sort of photo.
Here I am doing a real good High Five, because that usually gets me treats! I am a little bit embarrassed because I just noticed I have flabs around my underarms.
At last, my delicious treats! This picture is funny because you can see the mirror image better than the real-life image.
What are your secrets to modeling real good?
Share/Bookmark

93 Notes for Daisy:

Bae Bae said...

Oh.. that's how you take pawsome photos Daisy..

~ Bae

Barb said...

Little flabs around your underarms? We did not see that. It must be a mirror trick, Daisy! We do not have any modeling secrets because we are not good models, like you.

-Gandalf and Grayson

Anonymous said...

That was a nice idea to show us how your mommie uses the treats when you model. Now I look forward to the dressing room tour to see how you get into your clothes!

gemmak said...

Little flabs?? I think you are imagining things! ;o)

Forever Foster said...

Thankyou for your lessons, Daisy! Mum tries to do something similar when she takes our special photos, with treats to draw our attention. She tries to go as quick as possible and take lots of photos quickly, because we will start to run away after about 2-3 minutes.

That is a great photo of you getting your treat, with the double focus:)

Teddy Westlife said...

Your mum should have won an Oscar for art direction or something like that. My modelling secrets are not very impressive; I sit around looking good and mum chases me with the flashy beast!

Huffle Mawson

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Did you know that, in England, they call that flab under the upper arms "Bingo Wings"?

Very interesting to see behind the scenes, Daisy.

Your Pals,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Anonymous said...

nice shots...

Anonymous said...

You and your mommie are a very good team! What's my secret? I get treats, too. Except they are cheeseburgers, not itty bitty treats. I smile real big for cheeseburgers.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you are such a good model. Don't worry about the flab, it's a trick of the camera!

We don't have modelling secrets. Although we refuse to cooperate until we're given treats - then we limit cooperation to the amount of treats we were given. Tee hee!

PS: We think you are gorjuss!

Parker said...

My secret is to have about a squillion photos taken and then one of them will turn out good! : )

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi secretz?
i dunno ... mi mom jus catchez me wen she can ... an dat'z yooshooallee off guard ... wuttever dat meenz.
i luv yer arm flab.
jh

i beati said...

Evie is always looking straight at the camera and giving that hard look as you say..

I found your modeling secrets to be so interesting, and we women are so vain about that extra flab aren't we?

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Great tips Daisy!!

Don't worry about your "bingo wings" Daisy, they are wee little things. They give you character!!!

Purrs Goldie, Shade and Banshee

Sweet Purrfections said...

I think treats do it every time for me!

Motor Home Cats said...

We like the behind the scenes look at your modeling sessions. The only way we take good photos is because we are asleep in 95% of them.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

The Island Cats said...

Daisy...you do a good job modeling...and you get good direction (and treats!) from your photographer! Our photographer tries to do the same thing...plus she takes a bazillion pictures hoping one turns out...

Anonymous said...

I don't model real good because I am not as pretty as you are Daisy!

Deanna Lack said...

Otto is jealous because you are so famous that you get a "behind the scenes." They only make those when the movie is a big hit.

I think this is my favorite post since I've been reading. You're a star!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the SMILE Daisy! You are so adorable, and don't think a thing of that under arm thing... you have taken a human so it no longer matters.

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, modeling is a lot like werk!

Cory said...

My mom says her secret is using daddy to stand behind her. He holds the treats or a toy or just calls our name...but we aren't really good models like you. PS...you do not have flabby arms...if your furs were all tight you wouldn't be able to do the high five!!!

Luzinha said...

kkkk
I love "the making of"...
high five, Daisy!

kisses for you and Harley, and mommie too!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that was amazing to see daisy! now i am wondering how i can get sarge to hold up cake like that for me??? i would model if he would!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

ohhh Abby!! you do the same thing as I do!!! Instead me yelling at Goma you give treats that's smarter lol!! No wonder you have a great shot of Daisy all the time!!! thanks for shareing the secret!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Thosw are good photos. Thanks for the modeling tips!

Dma said...

"I do not take that sort of photo." Oh daisy, u crack me up.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

No secrets to modeling here....as we don't actually model. We just look at Meowm sometimes at the right time.

Your arms look just fine!

Janet said...

Daisy, thank you for sharing your modeling tips. We definitely need all the tips we can get around here! :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are good behind the scenes shots Daisy! There is no flabs on your underarms, I think it is a camera trick.

We do not have modeling secrets because Mom usually has to chase us down to take pictures.

The Florida Furkids said...

Mom takes eleventy billion pictures and hopes one turns out!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh Daisy...that's not flab! That's very special part of cat anatomy that lets us stretch all long and slinky...like the primordial pouch we have (though some of our pouches are filled with a bit too much fat...)

And the boycats at Furrydance remember a bodouir photo of you in something pink and feathery...boys don't forget centerfolds like you!

The boycats of Furrydance, and the girlcats who like modeling, and Teri

Bonnie Story said...

When I saw the title of the post, I hoped it was about modeling. Very cool! And what a High-Five! Proud raisin toest held high in the breeze... What kind of treats do you and Harley work the hardest for? Are they fishy tasting or cat-foody tasting yummies?

Babs (Beetle) said...

Hey Daisy! That's just how I model, well when I feel like it :O) MB says it's hard sometimes to work the camera and the treats, because If I don't get my treat quick enough, I get bored and walk away!

I see no flab!

Purrs, Sukie x

The Oceanside Animals said...

Don't worry, Daisy, they can Photoshop out the arm flabbies in post-production.

Anonymous said...

Treats, of course! Crikey will do just about anything for a snack:)

Unknown said...

Wow! I feel like I've just seen outtakes from America's Next Top Cat Model!

(Mommy says not to worry about your underarm jingle jangle...but think twice about waving goodbye to someone at the beach!)

Your pal,

Petey

Sarge Charlie said...

Your mommie is very smart.

Puglette said...

hmmm...i think i will have to try these modeling tricks on the doggies. they don't model very well.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Tigmut'hep said...

That's wonderful Daisy, far more interesting than Mummy going on about kittens... ;)

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Daisy!!
Flabs? We did not see flabs. ;)

Our secret? Our photos are taken and the staff put us in clothes in photoshop. But you knew that!

Headbutts from us.
Ruis & Karl

Unknown said...

Daisy, you and your mom are so pretty. No one notices your flabs.

Love,
Laurie & Scrubby

BeadedTail said...

Thanks for giving us your secrets to good modeling Daisy but I think you are a natural!

Amber-Mae said...

So that's who you do it huh? Well, that's kool. I think your flabs are cute. Well, my Mommy uses food & tennis balls to make us look perky!

Smelling like a Citrus,
Solid Gold Dancer

LZ said...

Modeling is hard work! Our best secret is to enlist the help of the Tall Man to swing toys and such. Other than that I generally will look up if my full name of Princess Kahzeezee Bumblestumps the Third is used.

Kaze

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy that is awesome. Your person is really impressive with how she can hold that camera so steady with one hand! Is that an exterior flash we see or the one with the camera (just thinking of weight!)

Clover said...

Daisy, thank you for sharing your modeling secrets! I am happy to know that your biggest "trick" is mine too - lots of delicious treats!
Love Clover xo

L. Alida said...

Daisy, I am always so impressed with your modeling talent! Your Mommie is such a good photographer. I like the mirror image shots and I think your arms are adorable. ;)
Have a great Tuesday honey!
Hugs and Smoochies,
Lorianna

Anonymous said...

Daisy,

You crack me up! You don't usually do bedroom shots. Ha. What a hoot!

Love,

Theresa111

Mickey's Musings said...

Those are very good secrets!!
We will not pose though.Mom should have started much sooner ,heehee
maybe if she uses good treats...
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

jenianddean said...

You are so good. We shark around Dad too fast when he tries to keep us by hand to get any real good pictures. Do you still do the clicker training for tricks?
--Jasper

brokenteepee said...

Don't worry about your flabbies Daisy....it happens to the best of us. You saw my paparazzi photos from behind. I look like a truck!

Your treats look yummy. Good for you!

Misha said...

My fashion photographer friend would call your arms 'bingo wings'! He always says that about Tyra Banks, so you're in good company...

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

My modelling sekhrets?

Having my photographer get lukhky when she presses the magikh button on the flashy beast!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That was interesting to learn some of your modelling secrets. You don't have a lot of flab under your arms, just mini bingo wings.

The WriggleButts said...

You're such a great model, Daisy! I just stay where Mom put me and try to look wherever she's waving her fingers... Virus, on the other hand, could need some modelling lessons...

B

The Furry Kids said...

YOu are so lucky to get treats. All I get is "gimme some froooot baaaaaat."

Your pal,
Titus

Shaggy and Scout said...

Your mommy has steady arms to do that with her other hand busy!

Liss said...

That was interesting and educational Daisy.

Please visit our blog today and vote for Fatty, he's trying to raise money for a local rescue group.

Anonymous said...

That's so cool to share a behind the scenes look at your modelling, Daisy! You're so purrrfessional!

Eduardo said...

Thats how I take my modeling photos Daisy! But you are way more professional!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

MYM said...

Now we know how the magic is made! Not only are you a pro at modelling ... your mommie is a very talented photographer!

And I'm glad to know you don't do bedroom photos. Phew!

Marilyn said...

I don't model real good... maybe I need treats too.

Unknown said...

Daisy do not worry about yer paw arms, dey looks good! Yoo is a super terrific model.

Sarah Coggins said...

Daisy, you are quite the talented model! Excellent tips. Not sure how well they would work at my house. Chester might pose for a treat, but Cali would require a Cheez-it and even then her cat-itude might still get in the way. ;)

Jackie said...

Awwww...now we know the secret. you do so good Daisy. But, my Puma doesn't like treats. So he won't do tricks for anything.

Maybe when we get a new kitty though he/she will like treats and thanks to you and mommy now I know how to do it!!:-)))

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you have such beautiful eyes! They "smile" at the camera! Have fun posing! Great blog you have here! Thanks for sharing!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Totally understand, Daisy~!
Michico often do the same things to me as well~!
Certainly that must be very professional like you could do it and be photoed it well~!

Maureen Hayes said...

Less treats = less underarm flab! Another trick to modeling is to choose poses that make you look thinner, like looking back over your shoulder at the camera (ala the red carpet shots). You don't need tricks because you are so beautiful Miss Daisy!

Spooky said...

Ahhh, I knew there had to be some really good stuff going on behind the scenes!

I'm not a good model. Treater says I'm lazy. Either I sleep or I run away. I don't like the flashy box thingy.

AM said...

So that's how the professionals work? We were always wondering about that. However, we have tried some of those methods and they haven't worked. I guess some cats just have "it".

Sunny's Mommy said...

No treats here. We don't get treats. Mommy sez Sunny doesn't need them.

Sometimes Mommy asks Daddy to help, hold something up high and talk to me so I'll look up. But not often.

I absolutely love my camera and as soon as Mommy turns it on, I come running to pose pretty. When Mommy turns the camera on, even in another room, it wakes me up from naps.

Mommy has resorted to burst mode. She thinks out of 3 photos 1 might turn out good.

Sometimes Mommy gets pretty pictures of me when I'm all tired out after a long photoshoot. Then I'm not spazzing looking for the laser grid.

I love the laser grid, too. The laser grid and my camera are my friends. I love them.

luv, Ollie Dollie

Lorenza said...

All those are great pictures with your mom included Daisy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

SophieKitty said...

My mommie laughed real hard at the arm comment.

Max said...

What flab? You gots no flab. You are a very good model, though. I apparently am not, as my usual expression when I see a camera is to glare... Well yeah, because I don't get treats!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

We loved to see behind the scenes at your photo shoot, Daisy. Your mommy is uber talented! And, you are a natural. Do not worry about the flabs under your arms - it is very endearing and makes us love you all the more!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie
ps. Mommy says her friend calls these flabs "Hi Bettys" as in when an older lady bean with these flabs is waving to another older lady bean with these flabs.

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Ahh - we got all excited to tell you about the "Hi Bettys" that we forgot to mention that we gave you an awardie - Come see!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

WCTs said...

You Moms are just crazy! Taking that flashing thing anywherez! But those treats ... Yummy!!!

=^..^=

?

Quill and Greyson said...

Hm I get no treats when the pawparrazzi comes by... model secrets indeed.

meemsnyc said...

We love the behind the scene shots!! Its great.

Monica said...

You are a very good model, Daisy! You make it look easy.

Mr. Echo said...

My modeling trick is to be as frustrayting as possibul. It's how I got the nickname Littelschitt. Thanks for the birthday wishes Daisy! I had a grate day and got turkey for dinner. It wuz nom nom nom!

Mr. Black said...

Dear Daisy--
I noticed that you have really cool looking, multi-colored toe-pads!

Also, those are not flabs under your arms! Puh-leese! Just ask the lady.

Finally, why am I not surprised that you were in front of a mirror? Heh.

Your admirer,
Mr. Black

Lux said...

Ahhh ... so *that's how it's done by a professional! :)

Anonymous said...

Daisy, that's very nice of you for sharing behind the scenes shots - many famous people don't like to show how things are done!

Today I saw a kitten at a pet shop that was a devon rex, just like you! She was so cute and was getting lots of pats from customers. One day I'd like to rescue another cat from the pound. :)

Skeezix the Cat said...

My seekrit to modeling reel good is having the FL take a sqwillion fotos, so maybe the odds are that one of them won't suk.

PEE ESS: I kinda like little flabs on yer arms, cuz that meens yer kervy, and it's good fur gerls to be kervy.

Country Cats said...

Daisy you are such a good model. When Mom gets good pictures of us, it is purely by accident. We do not model real good.

The Crew said...

Oh my cats...you have underarm flabs!! Maybe you're eating too many treats, Daisy.

Asta said...

Daisy
I think delicious tweats awe the best way to get good pictoowes..of couwse if you awe so vewy photogenic like you(and you do NOT have flabs )
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Boy n Beethoven said...

Thank you Daisy, for teaching me the secrets to being a professional model. I think I is not as good a model as you because mine Mummy doesn't pay so well in treats. All she does is tell me to pose this way or pose that way, and after she finishes taking the pictors, she forgots all about giving me treats! I think I must go on strike!

'Oven

Maureen said...

Oh, Daisy, you are a charmer! No flabs, all beautiful kitty... glad to see you get paid well for your work.

Loki said...

I has treats sumtimes, but also I has wet food on a GIANT spoon. Iz not holding lots uv food, iz just long. Also, I used to has a peacock featur frum mai friends who noo sumone wif peacocks, but Laz eated them.

But they nevur puts spam on mai spoon, like those othur guyz in ur comments. What the flea?

<3 Loki

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

So that's your Mommie's secret to those fantastic pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails