Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Funday: Find the Cats!

Today, we are going to play a very fun word game! I hope you like it.
Here is how you play: for each of the following clues, you must find a synonym that contains the word CAT. Here is an example for you:

A position played in baseball = CATcher

Here are your clues:
  1. A bunch of cows
  2. Tall marsh plant
  3. One who closely mimics another
  4. A very bad disaster
  5. An underground cemetery
  6. A type of launcher used to hurl an item
  7. A condiment for your burger
  8. Abrupt, disconnected sounds
  9. To cause to separate and go in different directions
  10. A substance or person that brings about a change
Good luck! Did you figure them all our? Click the Answer Button below to get the correct answers.

Share/Bookmark

65 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

We are still in Easy Like Sunday mode. We did not get #8. We did not know there would be a test today. That's a little bit No Fair on a Monday.

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh no, I didn't think there would be a test. I would have studied more over the weekend.

Huffle Mawson

The Florida Furkids said...

We got them all right! Yippeee!! What a great way to start a Monday!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Freya's Staff said...

I started the test knowing catastrophe, and then looked for one of the questions that fitted.

So I got 1.

Is that good?

I'm a scientist, not a literary genius!

Freya
xxx

Setra said...

Ooh very interesting, I'll get Mummy to help me with it in a bit when she comes back from the chiropractor. But I just had to tell you I did really good at my firstest purrtiness show!!!! :)

Purrs,
Setra
xx

The Creek Cats said...

We missed #8..... But we think we did pretty good considering it's Monday!

Spunky Doodle & Manny said...

Too hard for us, Daisy!

The Island Cats said...

We got about half right, Daisy, but that's because mom didn't try hard enough before pushing the button....

sandyshares said...

Stumped onan easy one- getting my brain going on a Monday

I'm terribly sad ..lost my little girl yesterday .sk

Noll's Nip said...

Excellent Monday morning mind exercise!

Christine and FAZ said...

Hi Daisy, I only got 8 out of 10 - is that a pass? FAZ

Milo and Alfie said...

We got all except the one about sound.
Anf if Alfie hadn't been in such a rush to know if he was right we think we would have got them all!

Milo and Alfie xx

Anonymous said...

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy - it's too early in the morning for thinking...

Sweet Purrfections said...

I must admit, I couldn't think this morning (with mom leaving and it being so early) and I missed a few of them.

They were good, though.

Forever Foster said...

Mum and Dad teamed up, and got 8. They are feeling very clever right now. Hahaha!

Cory said...

Mom probably would have gotten them all right but I got impatient and my paw hit the button!!! Oh well...

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We didn't know 7. We were going to say tomato CATchup for the condiment

JD at I Do Things said...

I got them all! Thank you for making me feel so smart.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy....Mommy hasn't had her coffee yet....so we cheated.....is it cheating if you admit that you looked??? Test on a Monday.....Daisy......oh well, we love you anyway!!!

love, uSSSSS

p.s. this was a very clever post, but it made Mommy catatonic!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i got most of them but not all of them. i need more fish oil for the rest! ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Dma said...

didn't do so well. #8 has always been one of my favorite words.

Chrissie said...

Ah, I'm a complete dunce today, Miss Daisy. I couldn't even wrap my brain around #1-and mom was NO HELP AT ALL!

Your mommie and daddie are on my heart today.

Janet said...

Very clever, Daisy! I had to think on a couple of these this morning. :-)

BumbleVee said...

Yaaaaayyy!! finally a puzzle that I did alright on! Except number 8 .... that had me totally stymied....

another funday...thanks for a good start to the week Daisy..

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Mom's brain is on vacation. she only got 7

Sarge Charlie said...

good job daisy, I was to stupid to find all of them.

Puglette said...

that was a fun quiz! i did not get all of the answers, i missed #8 and 9. but i love word games so i had a lot of fun!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy that was very hard for a first thing Monday Morning. Maybe Momma should have waited until after yoga when she was awake.

Everycat said...

Gosh that was hard, we didn't get any, mainly because our ape is so thick.

Wuudler

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That was a fun game, Daisy!
--JB

Shaggy and Scout said...

We couldn't get a few but this was fun! Monday is a hard day to try to do any thinking on!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We got 8 out of 10, so we're pretty happy. This was an excellent one, Daisy!

Donna said...

Thank u! I loves werd games. :)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry good one!

Of khourse, I know my khat words and got 'em khorrekht!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Tank woo fur the Laska Vibes!

PDX pride said...

We got seven of them right.

brokenteepee said...

We haven't had enough coffee yet so we didn't get them all. Oh well. We are not smart goats and Abby is in labor so she couldn't think straight anyway...

AB clan said...

Daisy you allways find interesting games....

ViVi & AB

Marilyn said...

My brain is not working so well today. Those were like the word games that they put on the radio on the weekends. I love those. Thank you for sharing.

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, some of those was hard! we should haf studied some more.

that was fun Daisy!

The Furry Kids said...

We got some right, but we're not telling how many. hee hee

We are purring for your Daddie. Please give him some headbonks from us and a big hug from Titus.

Love,
Tazo

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Well, we got 6 out of 10....we can live with that!

Motor Home Cats said...

We got 7/10. Not too good, but not too bad either. We really had to put on our thinking caps.

Great quiz Daisy.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We did well we only missed #8.

Debbie said...

This was a good challenge. I thought it would be easy but I missed three!

CCL Wendy said...

I got them all but two. I missed the scatter one and had an incorrect answer for the sound -- I thought it was "catcall".

Good job, I'm not normally stumped with words like that. Daisy you are a master, or shall I say mistress?

Cat Street Boyz said...

Darn, we only got 8 right....so we better take our catnip and go to our catwalks to take a long catnap ;b...(raspberries!)LOL=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

Meghann said...

Oh I failed. I was too busy looking in your beautiful eyes, Daisy, to concentrate much - maybe you should be a spy cat too, you could hypnotize suspects with your beauty :)
Have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

We're getting better, Daisy! We only missed two of them:)
Crikey is happy that you like his crazy picture. He used Dumpr to make it!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

wow, I must be really dumb because I did not get them all... oh well

happy day Daisy and harley

Mouchois said...

We got them all!
Except where I'm from, we call "Catsup" Ketchup. :P

Amy & the house of cats said...

We missed number 8 too - that is a tough one.

Mickey's Musings said...

Hahahahahaha!! That was great,except Mom's brain gave out at #8. She said catcalls,heehee Oh well 7/10 is not too bad ( for Mom) We just laffed at her ;)
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Maureen said...

Well, I got 70%... is that good enough??

Excellent quiz! It was fun!

Unknown said...

Your Cat blog is very cute so I added your blog link to my cat lens at squidoo. Here is the link to my lens =>Cat Roost Please stop by and take a look. If you have a flickr.com account add your favorite photo. Thank you and have a great day!

Lonnie

Lorenza said...

I only got 6!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

SophieKitty said...

That was a fun game, Daisy! I got 8 out of 10. Not too bad.

Black Cat said...

We only got 4, 5, 6 & 10 but owr branes ar finking abowt how to git owt (Simba) and how to git tha Noo Mummy to mineself (Alfie) and Her Indoors is No Help coz she am drinking wyne and her brane am stoopyfide and she am prittee stoopid ennyhoo so she yam no halp at orl so ther yuo hav it in a sumfink wot squerls eet shel! And she luvs werds so wot am that orl abowt I aks yuo, duhr!

We is pleezed to meat yuo Mis Dazey, fanks for vizitting us! Alfie and Simba :) xxx

P.S. What's wrong with your Daddie Daisy? I didn't know till I read the comments that he is feeling wonky. I hope he's okay! BC :) xxx

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh my!! Even late in the day our brains are not working!! Cool test and we loved all the cool CAT words!!
Your FL furiends,

Scrooge said...

I am not so good at finding words with cat in them...She could do better I think... if only She were home.

He camed home though, so I is a happy dog again.

Your Daily Cute said...

That's a tricky one!

Quill and Greyson said...

I was too sleepy to think.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

This is kind of hard for me~!
I am glad I can learn something new at the first day of the week.

The Crew said...

My, some of these are very hard. You're so smart to know all these words, Daisy.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, I hate to bring this up, but yoo spelt #7 rong. It's K-E-C-H-U-P, not C-A-T-S-U-P.

But it's ok. I had to praktiss spellin' fur a long time beefore I was abul to go to the Nashunul Spellin Bee. Maybe yoo cood ask Jeter Harris to be yer coach!

Theresa111 said...

That was really hard! My score was a pithily Three.

Related Posts with Thumbnails