Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bedtime Stories!

My new friend Nofuratu sent me this special book, all the way from Canada! It has three wonderful stories made just for reading to cats. This is a picture of the actual book. I cannot wait to hear the stories, because reading is FUNdamental. Thank you, Nofuratu!
Mommeh! Hey, MOMMEH! I am ready for bed, can we read the book now? Please? (If you say please, you usually have a better chance of getting what you want).
Here we are reading one of the bedtime stories together! I had to blur my Mommeh's face because it takes way too long to use Photoshop to remove all the wrinkles, and I am a very busy cat.

There are lots of funny pictures in the book. I enjoyed looking at the illustrations almost as much as hearing the stories.
My Mommeh is reassuring me after we got to one of the scairty parts of the story. Well, it was not really scairty, but a bowl fell down and got broked in the story. Do not worry, the cat did not get in trouble.
Hearing bedtime stories is very, very fun and I recommend this book for all cats. Be sure to read my friend Nofur's review of the book, too! He is a very cool cat, and he has lots of fun adventures. And guess what? We will forward the book to another cat who would enjoy bedtime stories. Leave a comment if you would like to read the book, and are willing to forward it to another cat when you are done. We will pick a kitty at random!

Ps: I have some exciting news! We just installed a webcam. You can see it in the sidebar, just below the Chat Box. We will broadcast LIVE daily at 4:45 pm - 5:00 pm, and maybe some random sneak-peeks at other times, too.

Share/Bookmark

73 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

Daisy, that looks like fun! Will Harley get to hear the stories, too?

We are very sorry we missed you Debut Live Broadcat. Mom was on the phone with a customer and refused to hang up. Can you believe that?

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Cool, books for cats. I wonder if they have something like that for dogs as well?

Well, we missed the first day of your cam session, but we will be sure to tune in later today!

Misha said...

That book is a great idea! I'm gonna have a look to see if I can find it in New Zealand.

I like to help Mummy read in bed by sitting in front of her book.

Forever Foster said...

We will have our mum check out what time we should try and sneak a peak at you, Miss Daisy!:)
Your book looks very interesting.

Poppy Q said...

Miss D, you are a lucky girl getting stories read to you by your blurry mommy. What a cosy looking bed too.

Smooches.

Teddy Westlife said...

That sounds like a very good book Daisy! It was nice of your mum to read it in bed with you.

I will usually miss the webcam as we are asleep in Australia at that time :(

Huffle Mawson

Parker said...

I must make a note to see you this afternoon! That book does look wonderful!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We will try to drop by this evening to see your webcam in action. ~S,S,C & F

The Whiskeratti said...

LIVE Daisy and Harley! Wow. Will there be a surprise appearance by Mr. Shrill, too?

Duni said...

Oh Daisy! Aren't you lucky your mommy reads cat stories to you! What a grand idea!
I'm sure it's lots better than those boring old newspapers...

purrs,

Sammy

The Island Cats said...

We're glad you got read to, Daisy! That book looks good!

We'll try to come back to see the webcam!

The Florida Furkids said...

That's so nice that your Mom reads you bedtime stories from that great book? We missed your webcam but will try again today!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

i beati said...

You look very relaxed . I think I'll go back to bed,......zzzzzzz

Miss Kitty said...

I like to help my sister study by sitting on her books while she is trying to read. Thanks for recommending the book.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know about that book, Daisy. We will tell our human staff about it, and about Nofuratu too.

SeaThreePeeO said...

That book looks like a great read. we's gald yous enjoyed it!

Mr. Grumpster Wilfred III said...

i want the book. that looks like its nice! i will watch your website all day long hoping to see you live Daisy!

JD at I Do Things said...

Daisy, I'm so glad you've got a fun book to read. But I have something very serious to say: You must not blur your Mommeh's face anymore. She is very pretty and even tho ALL of us humans get wrinkles, we do not need to be blurry.

I can't wait for your webcast! Sorry I missed it yesterday.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

drat i missed the webcam yesterday! i was having a nap! the book sounds really great but i only have flat jeter to read it to and he likes tv so don't send it to me, okay? he never listens when i read, sometimes he just likes to eat shrimps all day long.

smiles, auntie bee
oxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dma said...

i like book learnin.

Percy the Cat said...

That looks like a good book!!
As we're in Canada we are going to look for it here :)

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

It is really sweet that your mommie reads to you.

We are very excited about your webcasts. We won't be able to watch every day because our mommy is at work at that time, but we will definitely watch on our mommy's days off.

Hitesh Rawat said...

award........now a book....webcam.....daisy know how to keep us awaiting..........

woo hoo ..... \,,,/

Anne said...

I would love to read that book to my kitties. We have 2 kitties and I think they would really enjoy a book. Everyone else is reading all the time. We would be happy to forward it to another kitty to share the love.

Leigh-Ann said...

My kitties would really love to hear some stories written just for them! I have one 4 week old foster baby who still needs to learn how to curl up on bed for storytime, and a new 10 yr. old foster cat who's an expert at bedtime cuddles. Any of my other, um 15 cats (or however many are here) are welcome to listen in! Today or tomorrow I'm getting one more foster cat who seems to be feral, and he hisses a lot. Maybe he's just angry because no one reads to him.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Daisy, that looks like a good book. Mom will probably forget to watch your web cam. She has problems deciding if it is 4 eastern time or dome other time!

It looks like you have several kitties who want to borrow your book, so we will send Mom out looking for it. Like she needs an excuse to go to the book store!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you mom is super sweet to read you bedtime stories!!! We lay in bed while mom read stories to herself! The Nerve!!! Humph

Donna said...

I think I gonna ask mah hoomans to get me that book from the ly-berry. :)

Tybalt said...

Very exciting about the webcam!

Oh, and very exciting about the book as well! We would like to be involved in the book sharing, Daisy. Mommy could read the book to me and the twins AND the blurp in her tummy. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Puglette said...

reading is one of my very favorite things to do! and reading with someone you love is even better. I will be waiting for your live program!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Amy & the house of cats said...

That is great that you like to read with your mom! I have tried with my cats and they have no interest - they just wander away. I read louder but they don't really care.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That sounds marvelous. I sit with the Woman when she reads to herself in bed but she never reads to me...

Oh we got a sample of some raw food that the Woman tried to feed us and then put our regular food over it and we actually ate some of it. She is hopeful that this mixing like you suggested will work...

Frugal Vicki said...

Too cute! Now I can join in the fun with Mommy and my sister and brother!

Sadie and Sable

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I can tell that must be an interesting story book, I am so glad that your mommy doing bedtime stories for you!

So wonderful!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Can your Mommie come read bedtime stories to us too? You and Harley can come too, of course.

brokenteepee said...

Daisy, methinks you are a little bit spoiled.

Not that I know anything about being spoiled.....

Anonymous said...

I don't see anything under the chat box for the live cam - maybe it will appear at 4:30 ?

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy
We were wonderin where was Harley...we know he would like a bedtime story too.

purrs
Abby

Debbie said...

You are so good while your Mom is reading to you. My cats would rather sit on the book or rub their faces on the book!

Sweet Purrfections said...

I didn't know you could actually read one of those things. Whenever mom puts a book down, it's a bed for me. Maybe, I need to try this reading thing.

Grampy said...

I love the idea of reading to your cat. I wonder if they have one for dogs.

Daisy said...

Oh, sorry, I moved the webcam to the far right sidebar, to the right of the Chatbox!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Looks like you had a good time reading that book! Did you get thru all the stories?

The Kitty Krew said...

What fun to be read to by your mom! You look like you were having fun. (and your mom looks very pretty, we bet there aren't any wrinkles at all!)

We'll try to make a webcam appearance but the usual time is when we're not available so we'll have to wing it...

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Meghann said...

Awww how nice to have bedtime stories with mommeh :)
I can't wait to see you on the webcam, how cool!

The Meezers or Billy said...

That is very cool Daisy!!!! will you be showing re-runs of your webcasts? Our the mom is commuting at that time so we will not be able to see you live.

Charlemagne and Tamar said...

We're going to ask our Momma to buy a copy of that book for us! She likes to tell us stories anyway and these ones will be just for us.

We think it's great that your Mommeh reads you stories and it looked like you really enjoyed it!

Have a nice weekend,
Charlemagne and Tamar

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi Daisy!!!! Hi Harley!!! I have missed visiting with you! Your Mommy is so pretty! She doesn't need to have her face blurred! :)

You both look so lovely reading in bed! I would love to snuggle with you too!!!

Love, Auntie Deb

Liss said...

How exciting. We'd love to read the book and pass it along too.

Dream Mom said...

Oh that sounds like a lot of fun. I love to read too. I order my books online from the library and get new ones every week or so. Thanks for sharing your new book!

Your live broadcast sounds good. I'll have to remember the time and check it out.

Reese =^..^= said...

Oh, that looks like a very nice book! How nice to be able to snuggle up with your Mommeh for some precious time together.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

How cute is that....your mom reading to you1
A webcam....oooh, Daisy, what are you doing now?
--JB

Reese =^..^= said...

I saw you! I saw you! Harley was eating and eating and eating. That was fun.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Mr Tasty Face tells me and my big bruther Mao a bedtime story evry nite. And it always ends with "And soon they were fast asleep."

Bedtime storeez are nice.

Skeezix the Cat said...

And yer mom looks vary glameruss in bed. Not like the FL!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Dang!

I missed woo!

I wonder if your mom would read to me?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Mrs Sweetwater said...

aawwww reading in bed. how sweet.
are you going to be putting up a special weekend DaisyCam schedule ?
we don't want to miss the next show.
we'll be sure to check for it.

btw, we have cocoloco's at thirsty thursday on a badgalsays - and we made sure to add extra coconut milk for you ms.daisy

Team Tabby said...

Aw, we missed your webcam. We will try tomorrow. We think it's great that your mom read to at bedtime. Looks like a great book.

Mindy, Moe, Bono, Cookie & Mike

Brian's Home Blog said...

I haven't been able to catch your webcam either, but the book you got is way cool!

CCL Wendy said...

What a wonderful idea, and a great new furiend you have, Daisy! I'll have to look for that book myself (I live in Canada, too).

And we must say, you sure has a gorgeous mama! She looks like a young Jessica Lange to me!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Bedtime stories are pawesome!
I am sure you enjoyed it a lot!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Manny said...

I like being read to and would love this book! Here's the post where Karen read "Where The Wild Things Grow" to me and Spunky.

Boris Kitty said...

Wow a book for to reads to kittehs! Ma humans started readin ta me not too long ago. Dey reads SkippyJonJones to me. I fink I would likes to hab dis book readed to me.

Ma humans would gladly sends it to anutter kitteh when we iz dun too. Wot a gud idear.

Quill and Greyson said...

Daisy TV! Wow how cool!

Mickey's Musings said...

How nice to have your Mom read to you in bed :) Mom giggled about your Mom's blurry face.Mom would probably just insert a cartoon face,heehee Moms are weird ;)
That looks like a nice book from your friend too :)
We will try to catch your webcam. Mom should be able to get home before the end :)
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Cheyenne -Millie said...

How fun! You look like they are the bestest stories! My mom has never read to me! Though, she is always singing to me!

C. JoyBell C. said...

Daisy, 'yo mama is a pretty diva, now isn't she? Look at her all queen-like in her queen-like bed of her's! :)

Daisy...I don't understand why you are curly...

love,
C

:)

Cory said...

I asked my mom and she said we can't watch your webcam until the weekend! Unbelievable.

Mom tried to read the "Dewey" book to me but I fell asleep...

Unknown said...

"Daisy the Curly Cat" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2009/08/sites-to-see_21.html

gemmak said...

Oh....I'm so looking forward to seeing you on your webcam, I missed you again yesterday but I will keep trying :o)

Maureen said...

What a great idea! I had never heard of this book before... I shall have to check one out one day. With three cats who all love to join me in bed, it would be a fun time to read together!

Milo and Alfie said...

WOW! A webcam ~ we can't wait!

Elizabeth said...

Daisy is so luck!

Tigger

Related Posts with Thumbnails