Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sealed with a Kiss

Pssst! Come closer. I have a secret to confess...
Is anyone looking? ::whispers:: I like to lick envelope glue.
Mmmmm, tastes so delicious.
Harley prefers to fold, spindle and mutilate the mail.
Does anybuddy else like to taste envelope glue?

Share/Bookmark

93 Notes for Daisy:

Milo and Alfie said...

Daisy!!!!! Mom and Dad told us that gloo sniffing is BAD for us! So we hope yoo are not sniffing that gloo when yoo taste it!
However, we do like to eat up the post ~ or at the very least nibble it round the edges. Mom is always having to post letters we've nibbled before she could get them to the post box!

Milo and Alfie said...

YAY! We were first!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

How very interesting! We have never tried, but maybe we should?

Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan

Kathy said...

No envelope glue here, but there's one kitteh in our house who loves to lick plastic bags! Crazy kitteh!

Bae Bae said...

I haven't tried that. Is it really yummy?

~ Bae

Parker said...

I have never tried to lick the glue. Thanks for the idea!

Cat with a Garden said...

That'a a great idea. Since I like packaging tape I might like this too.
Purrs, Siena

Anonymous said...

Daisy, none of or kiddies lick gloo, but we has to keep kleenex, napkins & paper towels out of reach of Lucy. She enjoys the occasional newspaper too.
Our old cat, Devil (over the rainbow bridge now) LOVED plastic bags. We had to keep them tucked well away. When we realized her time was coming, she was permitted to indulge-chewing only, no swallowing.

Anonymous said...

We can totally see Harley Bending, Folding and Mutilating. hahahaha!

We've never tried licking envelopes, Daisy. But Whitey won't stop licking Gandalf. We think his furs may get worn off his head soon.

Spunky Doodle said...

I'm with Harley, I like to rip 'em up. Never tried licking it.

The Island Cats said...

Hmmm...we've never had the chance to lick the envelope...something else for us to do!

Meghann said...

LOL, oh my gosh that is hilarious! I can't lick envelopes - I am allergic to the gluten in the glue...now I know where to send them when I need them licked!!

Teddy Westlife said...

Daisy. The first step in overcoming a problem is admitting you have a problem.

Huffle Mawson

Margaret Elmendorf said...

Gosh Mom is going to have to give us an envelope to try. Daisy you are just amazing with the things you think of doing.

The Florida Furkids said...

We never tried it but we are good at mutilating ....HEY MOM!!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Anonymous said...

So that's how you keep so fit and trim, your secret is glue!

Hitesh Rawat said...

cool......festive cards are out.....how many will you be sending ?????huh ....daisy...????

I know you gonna.....kiss and seal 'em all

\,,,/

i beati said...

Your coolness factor went even higher with me Daisy

Rob said...

That's too cute. I'll confess, I used to like the taste of stamps before they went to self-adhesive.

Clarissa said...

We've never tried envelope glue. I (Clarissa)used to try to lick photographs but mom wouldn't let me. She said something about the chemicals used to print/develop them are bad. Now I just lick plastic bags. Some of my brofurs and sisfurs like to lick plastic bags too.

Purrs,
Clarissa & Co.

The Furry Kids said...

Hee hee! Daisy, you look so cute! Harley, you and Titus have the same idea about mail.

Love,
Tazo

Quilt Works said...

Interesting!! I never heard of this little fetish! How did you discover you like envelope glue?

The Meezers or Billy said...

our the mom only has those envelopes where you peel the strip off and they're already sticky.

The Creek Cats said...

We've never tried envelope glue before, but our mom says you sould go to work with her at the end of the month and you can lick all of her statement evelopes for her!

Dma said...

i don't so much like the taste of envelope glue but i must confess that since the advent of email i miss receiving letters from people who licked the envelope.

Romeo said...

Daisy do you feel "funny" afterwards?

Cory said...

Oh my! I've never tried that one! I bet you are looking forward to sending holiday cards.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Wow, Daisy, you could get a job as an envelope licker! I would have hired you when I was doing bulk mailings. I'll bet you don't leave the drippy mess my little water bottle did!

Noll's Nip said...

I think you're alone on this one my dearest although, I did hear a story once about a little boy in grade school who ate paste out of the jar......

Forever Foster said...

I have never tried envelope glue. I am more of a 'jab holes with my toothies' kinda gal.
-Suey.

Anonymous said...

You're so funny Daisy! Be careful licking glue though...you might glue your lips shut!

Buggys said...

That is too funny! Envelope glue does not taste good. At least I never thought so. May I bring my envelopes to you for posting?

Donna said...

I don't get to sniff the envilops. I do sniff the mail when my hooman friends bring it in, though.

Anonymous said...

Yup, my 3 kitties will lick envelope glue. Why do you guys do that?

sadermaxx said...

Hi Daisy!
Do you lick stamps to?
Maybe you cat send a letter too, maybe even order toys thought the mail. you could have your own private toy stash.

JD at I Do Things said...

I must confess, I have never tasted envelope glue, but after seeing the blissful look on your face, I may be tempted to give our mail a surreptitious lick.

Anonymous said...

OH Daisy, you are such a silly~girl!!! We've neffur tried envelope glue before, but mom gets all crazy with Christmas cards and maybe we'll hafta help her seal them up! We like doing what Harley does!!!

Shaggy and Scout said...

I'm not into glue but I oh how I love to chew on plastic bags! -Scooby

Babs-beetle said...

No licking envelope glue in our house, but I'm with Kathy. Plastic bags were a must with our cat Sindie, who is at rainbow Bridge now - probably with heaps of plastic bags to lick :)

Amy & the house of cats said...

I have not seen any of my kitties trying to lick envelope glue - but the expression on your face after you licked it makes me think it might be very tasty for kitties! Barney tries to eat the mail, but that is the closes we come in our house!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We have never tried licking envelopes. I could you know... I can't believe that Harley made the New Yorker (Skeezix reported it). I bet his job requests will go WAY up.

Cat Street Boyz said...

TINKER!!! my brother Tink LOVES to lick glue but he even goes further and bites glued packages of cereal, woofie food, plastic bags of cat litter, you name it!!! He would make a purrfect ticket puncher at the train station!=^Y^=

Anonymous said...

You don't have a problem, Daisy. Now Harley has a problem, especially if he f-s-m's the bills. But it's a problem that can be licked! ;-)

The Oceanside Animals said...

Envelopes are okay, but I hear those stamps pack a punch!

Unknown said...

Uhm, no one around her into envelope glue but Camille Suzanne goes wacko over the glue on tape! She can spot it a mile away and licks at that stuff until the cows come home. Did you know that we have cows that come home?

Mishkat said...

Tasha ate part of a bill one time after her dad mistakenly put it on her sleeping spot (he never did THAT again!) but we've never tried envelope glue - it sounds like it might be yummy.

brokenteepee said...

Daisy - are you a druggie cat?!

Do you need cathab?!

Oh no!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Not us. ~S,S,C & F

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

I aint neber lickeded no gluez. I dunt thinkz dat I wantz to do dat. OK? I do likez 2 clawz da mailz.

L. Alida said...

Daisy, envelope glue? Seriously? Eew! :) Cricket and Billie love to lick plastic bags like many kitties I see.
I wonder what is in the glue that you like so much. The VET says plastic bags have petroleum in them and kitties are attracted to that.
I like you Monday mystery, it was cute! Just like you sweetie.
Have a fun day with Harley!
Hugs,
Lorianna

CCL Wendy said...

Oh Daisy, you are a true lady connoisseur -- even if it's for glue!
Harley on the other paw, well, never mind!

Sparkle said...

I'm not a big envelope glue fan. I prefer just chewing on the paper. It's practically the same texture as my morning kibble.

Janet said...

Lol Daisy! No envelope glue here, but Tinsel likes to lick plastic bags, and Lily likes drywall! Yuck!

Jen said...

Daisy you are too funny. My dog Cinder, long since gone to doggy heaven, helped me seal all the invitation envelopes for my first wedding. 200 invites with enclosures inside. She loved it.

Unknown said...

Daisy...Daisy...Daisy...that glue is going to fry your brain! Does your mom know about this????

Ann said...

Eww, envelope glue. YUCK

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Mmm, we do not think we like envelope glue. But Westley likes to do the same with envelopes as Harley!

Your Daily Cute said...

That's a different one, Daisy... I've never heard of kitties liking envelope glue!

Misha said...

You are so funny, Daisy! I'm like Harley, I go mad over envelopes. They must be destroyed at all costs!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Well, Daisy, we haven't had to chance to taste envelope glue. Maybe Meowm will let us try some.

BeadedTail said...

We've never tried envelope glue before. We live very sheltered lives but it might be time to rebel!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I have never tried envelope gloo.
I am quite happy that you find gloo tasty.
I do like folding and mutilating though :-)
It is nice to have some projects huh?

purrrs kitties!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

no, not me. but when i was a little girl we made glue with flour and water and i liked to lick that!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo

Jackie said...

No glue lovers here. but, Rascal loves to tear up any and all kinds of paper!!

Purrrrsssss Daisy:-)

Asta said...

Daisy
I'm suwe getting a lettew sealed wif a kiss fwom you is heaven, I hope the gloo is not bad fow you , you bettew ask youw Mom
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We have never tried it but we don't think it sounds tasty

Liss said...

Yuck! ;)

Unknown said...

Oh! I have never tried envelope glue - I shall give it a try and let you know. When my Mum is trying to open the mail, I like to rub my cheeks on the envelope edges.

Max said...

Buddah likes to gnaw on packaging tape, probably for the same reason...

Ariel said...

Hmmm that's interesting nope I'm more like Harley :)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Is it khandy flavoured?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Just Ducky said...

No I don't do blue, I also don't fold or otherwise mutilate the mail.

Mickey's Musings said...

Gee Daisy, we never get to have any envelopes so we do not know if we would like glue! We must go ask Mom for an envelope,heehee
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Cheyenne -Millie said...

Spooky here likes to chew on paper... and stamps!

Puglette said...

daisy, you look so content after licking the envelopes! charlie likes to wrestle with the mail like harley. then she eats it if you're not quick.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Tami said...

I so adore to lick envelope glue, as well as scotch tape! They both taste so divine. My mommie used to totally freak about it, but now she just calls me her silly baby cat.

Lotz of lovz, Gabby

SophieKitty said...

Daisy, maybe you could get a job at the post office. You would earn monies while licking all the envelopes you like.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Hmmmm.... nope! I am like Harley!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww....
that thing tasty?
You really have very unique taste, Daisy!

Skeezix the Cat said...

I don't go fur gloo, but I do have that tape fetish.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Nope! But I love to lick the plastic.

Quill and Greyson said...

Never tried it, but does look good now.

Lisa + current cat said...

Not sure about the envelope glue, but Baby loves to lick plastic, especially grocery bags.

Maureen said...

Oh Daisy, too much glue and you won't be able to smile sweetly anymore! And Harley, I'm afraid a job at the Post Office is NOT in your future. Hmmm... then again....

Debbie said...

Daisy you are so funny! Love the pictures your mom got of you in the "act".

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I hope that your mum doesn't buy the cheap envelopes... remember what happened to George's fiancee on Seinfeld? (But I think that was only a story so you should be fine.)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Um, I licked the dishwasher plates tonite. Does that count?

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We have never tried it!

Anya said...

Daisy do you like that
:(
No envelope glue for me ....
hugs
Kareltje =^.^=

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Heehee!!! Go Harley!!!

Unknown said...

You do look like you were really savoring that glue, Daisy.

Maybe your mom can find you some comparably flavored yet more nutritious snack. :)

Lyoness Sealdotter said...

MEEEEEE!

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh geez!! What fun!! Mom only buys the envelopes with the pull off strips and then hides them so we can't find them!! Drats!!!
Your TX furiends,

Related Posts with Thumbnails