Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Mystery: Solve the World Puzzle

As we come to the end of another year, I am feeling a bit melancholy. So, I decided to do a Word Puzzle today! Are you ready?
Here is the puzzle. Can you figure out the phrase?

Here are some hints:
  • Say the words out loud and run them all together
  • It is an old saying
  • It has to do with the new year (or the old year)
  • The picture on the saying is a big hint

Share/Bookmark

72 Notes for Daisy:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

I got it!! *raising niptini*

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh Daisy. Why are you feeling melancholy today?

Anonymous said...

We got it too! High five Rumblebum guys. Momma's feeling kinda melancholy too Daisy, maybe you two need some cheering up. Just think how wonderful the new year will be.

Jen said...

HaHaHa - got it (although I might have figured it out faster if I had tee martoonis first :o)

Sónia Mendes said...

I got it, I got it. Let's drink to that, hehehe.

Feline kisses from Gotchi

Forever Foster said...

Bottoms up!

Milo and Alfie said...

We got it! But why are yoo sad today? Smoochies.

PS: Praps yoo should hit the January Sales to cheer yerself up!

Anonymous said...

We are sorry you haz a sad, Daisy. But remember, a bright shiny New Year full of every possibility is just days away!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Nip-a-roo to you too!

Angel Simba said...

Got it, got it! That is a good word puzzle.

The Creek Cats said...

We got it! yay!

The Florida Furkids said...

That's an excellent thought for the New Year!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Parker said...

Cheers Daisy - I'll drink to that!

Cindy said...

I'm still not getting it. I'll come back to it.
cindy

Dma said...

that's kinda the way i talk when i drink too much.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We got it! We'll drink to that. Cheers!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lovely saying!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox

The Island Cats said...

We'll drink that!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, took me a few readings but I got it!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Oooh! Are you serving appletinis? My wife will have two. Ummm, make it three!

Anonymous said...

I think I got it...hope your meloncholoy is short lived Daisy.

The Meezers or Billy said...

we gotted it!!!!!

Cory said...

Raising a niptini to toast 2010 and all the good things it can bring!

I'm melancholy too...just watched old videos of my guardian angels. I tried to paw them out of the computer but they didn't respond to me. ::sigh::

purrs,

Cory

Donna said...

This is wunnerful. It took me a lot of tries, but I got it! :) Happy Gnu Ears to u and your famblee too. :)

One Cats Nip said...

GOT IT! WOoT!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I raise my nip tini to 2010!

Puglette said...

indeed! "lettuce knot" and work toward "whirled peas".
you have such a cute grumpy face, but i hope you have a smile now!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Raymond and Busby said...

Purrs Daisy, good word puzzle! Hope 2010 is a great year for all of us.

Me-Me King said...

Excellent!!! *hic*

Me-Me King said...

Excellent!!! *hic*

Samantha & Mom said...

Merry Belated Christmas Daisy & Harley and your Mom & Dad!! Here! Here! Hope yu get over the melancholy's soon!
Your TX furiends,

Liss said...

Got it!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We never ever guess where Chey is. And we usually don't figure out your quizzes. But we got this one.

Hope this doesn't mean Jan will become melancholy as the old year passes away. We hope 2010 will be a good year for all.

Split Rock Ranch said...

I'll drink to that!

catsynth said...

We got it, and we agree to raise a toast with you!

BTW, word puzzles are our favorite puzzle type (one of us is a big crossword fan).

Aneeter said...

Yay!!! There will be champers for EVfurrybuddy!!!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Daisy this is a good one! We got it and were very happy about that!

We hope you don't feel melancholy for too long - it will be a fun new year soon!

Sparkle said...

I got it and I don't even duhr ink! 2009 was a nice year, but I think 2010 will be even better!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Daisy..homework?
Benny & Lily

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We gots it! We don't know why yoo has a sad, Daisy, but we hope it goes away soon.

The Crew said...

It took Mom a few tries, but she got it. We raise our glass to the feud sure, too.

CCL Wendy said...

Got it! This one was fairly easy. Great spelling, though.

I hope you're feeling more chipper soon, Daisy! Maybe you'll be in the mood for a party on New Year's Eve.

brokenteepee said...

Just think of all the catventures that await you in 2010!

Joanne Olivieri said...

and let us always drink to you Daisy and Harley :)

Max said...

I are teh smart. I got it :)

Admiral Hestorb said...

Daisy! You are a raging beauty!!! I am too but look at YOU! My goodness.

I am an Admiral on the high seas, by the way. I am home to catch up with my furrfriends before setting sail again.

Jen said...

I'll drink to that! Happy New Year.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

WOO HOO!!! We got this one! We hope you get over your melancholy soon!

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh boy!! We got it right away!!!!
Guess it pays to guess first and drink later ;) heeheehee
Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

Sara Katt said...

Dear Daisy,

Talking about melancholy... It's Anna's birthday today and no one but hennes own Mommie remembered!

Sorry Daisy, but I just don't get the riddle.
But that's okay, I don't have to win everything every time.

Purrs,
Sara Katt

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Something about lettuce snot, right? Ewwwwwww!

:)

BeadedTail said...

Yeah, we finally got one Daisy! Cheers!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Thoze are wize werds, Daisy. The FL sez that this last yeer has bin so krappy that she'll be happy to drink to 2010.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

It took a few trys, but we finally got it!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We got it! Very good saying!

CatHerder said...

It took me a couple of times reading it in between sips of my Guinness..but i finally got it LOL

Just Ducky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Ducky said...

got it Daisy, Cheers!

Maureen said...

Ha! I finally GOT one!

Woot!

Happy New Year to you and Harley Daisy! (Oh yeah and to Mommy and Daddy too).

Black Cat said...

Isle duh rink two that! :)xxx

SophieKitty said...

Yay! I got one. Momma feels a bit melancholy too, Daisy.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
I guess my mind is not working pretty well right now! Haaa!
I will read it again so maybe I will get it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

WillOaks Studio said...

beautiful sentiment, Daisy--and I toast you and Harley!

Your Daily Cute said...

A great toast! *raises glass*

Quill and Greyson said...

I was too distracted by that lovely pic Daisy!

RNSANE said...

Wait a minute..it's after five o'clock...I MUST fix my martini first, then I'll solve the puzzle.
Hope you'll be out of the doldrums in the next few minutes!!

GLOGIRLY said...

We totally agree...
To the future!

Happy New Year Daisy!

XOXO
Katie & Glogirly

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I hope you are cheering up today, Daisy!

Bae Bae said...

I dont know the puzzle.. but probably something to do with drinking??

~ Bae

Sasha said...

I worked this out very quickly. My human is still wondering though.

JD at I Do Things said...

Good one, Daisy! It took me a couple minutes, but I eventually got it.

Very good advice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails