Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Toothy Tuesday

Today, let's talk about teeths! Here are mine. Can you see them all? Maybe not.

Hey, Harley! Show us your teeths! Okay, see that row of tiny little teeths in the very front? Do you know what they are called? The technical name for those tiny teeths is "INCISORS."
But I call them by their more correct name "Flea Picker Teeths." You can make tiny bites with your Flea Pickers and get all sorts of dirts out of your coat!
I have mentioned before that I hate teeths, on account of all the problems they cause. But I will make an exception for Flea Picker teeths, because they are cool!

Share/Bookmark

62 Notes for Daisy:

PussDaddy said...

You guys have some really lovely flea pickers!

PussDaddy

Unknown said...

Leon only has flea-picker teeths plus four other teeth left. He had to have all the others pulled because they were rotten. No-one knows why they got that way--he ate the same diet as all the other cats! But he was real runty when he was a kitten. Maybe he wasn't able to feed as well as his litter mates.

Bae Bae said...

Oh.. you sure have very sharp teefies

~ Bae

Poppy Q said...

I did not know thems were called flea pickers. Thank you for letting me know Miss D.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Those are my favourite teeths!

You know what? I had to go to the v-e-t last week. She checked my teeth and said 'Ooh, someone's had their teeth cleaned recently!' But guess what? I've never had my teeths cleaned IN MY LIFE. I must have super teeths or something.

Teddy Westlife said...

I did not know they were called Flea Pickers Daisy. Thank you for teaching me something new today.

Forever Foster said...

We didn't know incisors had another name. We are intrigued!:)

Freya's Staff said...

I call them Chick-hen stealer teeths! Cos that's what I use to steal Chick-hen!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Flea Picker Teefs! That's a funny name Daisy. We love it.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We thinks they are also good for getting mats out of your hair. ~AFSS

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

It's good that you like at least some of your teeth, Daisy!

Anonymous said...

Flea pickers? Are you for sure, Daisy? Because we always call them fur fluffers. Mmmmmhmmmm.

Hansel said...

daisy don't poke yourself in your eyeball wif your back nails.

Sweet Purrfections said...

I just love your toofies in the first picture, Daisy. It looks like you are yelling at Harley to leave you alone!

Marg said...

Those teeth are very important so take good care of them Daisy. Although, we had a sister that didn't have any teeth and she managed to eat just fine. It is known that cats can eat things whole.

gemmak said...

Your 'flea picker' name for those teeths is very funny :o)

Dma said...

i used to think god would have had a better design if he/she had just given us one big tooth across the top of the mouth and one big tooth on the bottom. then it was pointed out to me if something happened to one of the two teeth, you'd really be hurtin.

arbed and edgar said...

They're my favourite kitty teeth, too - I love looking at them because they're sooooooo tiny!

Buggys said...

Wow, that first picture was pretty ferocious!

One Cats Nip said...

remind me to never make daisy mad....

Ariel said...

"Oh My" You have some sharp teeth Daisy.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You have great teeth! They look very clean and sharp

Raymond and Busby said...

We like our two big fang teeth the best. We heard a rumor that they are called canines.

Have a good day Daisy! Purrs to you and Harley Q.

Cory said...

Flea picker teeths! That makes me laugh!!!!

xoxo Cory

Janet said...

Daisy, thank you for this informative post! We were, in fact, just wondering the other day what those tiny little teeth are for! Now we know!

Anonymous said...

Daisy you have beautiful teeth and toenails...Thank goodness Mom is a strict brusher.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! It's a good thing I still have all my flea picker teeth! Those are important!

Cat with a Garden said...

Such cool pictures today and we like the name flea pickers! We are thinking of your mommy these days and hope she likes her day hunting place.
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful "flea pickers" both of you!!! Cricket is the ONLY one who lets mom brush her gompers!

Bonnie Story said...

Harley, your teeths are really awesome! Wow, we were skeert for a sec. There is nothing like strong flea picker teeths when you need them. We don't think you guys have fleas though! Pepper and Weederman use those little teeths after they run on the woodpile like they are not supposed to, and they get sap on their paws from the cut wood. Naughty pups. Sometimes a human bean has to wipe the sap away with eye makeup remover wipes when the flea picker teeths can't get it all off...

Guido the Italian Kitty-Big Angel Now said...

I eats da EyeTailYun furesh garlic and it scares away da fleas!

brokenteepee said...

You are very clever Daisy..and clean I suspect.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Goodness! Look at your teeths!!!!! Orion will nibble at Meowm with those flea picker teeth!

mog said...

Flea picker teeth LOL. Great teeth pics. Especially like the toe picking one. Cute!

loki said...

Oh Daisy, very nice flea pickers!

Mouchois said...

Whoa, Daisy! That picture is CRAZY! Who are you laughing at?

i beati said...

too scary I thought it was Halloween

Sparkle said...

Wow, never mind the teeth - you have the LONGEST toes, Daisy! My human says that long toes are a sign of intelligence. I think she may have her facts a bit scrambled, but in your case, I believe it is true.

meemsnyc said...

Nice set of teeth!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow Daisy you really did show us all your teeth! We didn't know that they were called flea picker teeth - we are glad to know so we can use it in the future!

GLOGIRLY said...

I KNEW those cool teeth had to have a special name! Thanks for demystifying the teeths, Daisy!

... and WOW, do you ever know how to open wide!

mew!
Katie
(Glogirly's cat)

Hoshi said...

Tasty paws?? Daisy??

JD at I Do Things said...

This was extremely informative! I shall have to go examine Pru's and Gus's teeths immediately.

Ann said...

flea pickers, why didn't I ever think of that name for them. You are so smart.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow, dem is some nice clean teefs!

Lisa Kolosey said...

You don't have fleas!!! But you do have pretty teeth! You, too Harley-quinn!
~Lisa Co9T

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I scrunch my nose up just like you when I use my flea picker teefs too.
Flynn

Anonymous said...

Snap, Daisy. You got some big chompers for such a little lady.

Cat Street Boyz said...

Whoa....Daisy you scart us!!!LOL We thought you were hissing...were you? Harley, very handsome teeth!!! (=^Y^=)

Cindy said...

Too funny. I never heard of flea-pickers before. Yours are very lovely.

SophieKitty said...

You two have the whitest, shineyest teefs I've ever seen!

Flea picker teeths! HA!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

And such healthy teeth!! You have an awesome mummy for taking such good care of you!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

You look very fierce in that top picture! We didn't know those teefs are called flea pickers. Harley's flea pickers are really cute. We love the sounds we make when we comb our furs with our flea pickers.

Lorenza said...

Good info about teeths!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Donna said...

I likes to chew mah food. I guess that makes teefs important. I don't likes having them werked on, but I needs teeds to eat. :)

Quill and Greyson said...

I didn't know the technical term for these. They are perfect for toe nibbling.

Unknown said...

great pics! Your mommeh is an excellent photographer :)

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow yoo hav more tooths then my sister trouble the kitty duz!!! maybe it is becuz trouble the kitty is like 500 yeerz old!!! ok bye

CCL Wendy said...

Enjoy some toe jam with those fleas, Daisy! It makes a nice combo.

Wow those are some vicious-looking claws you've got on those cute little toesies of yours!

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Harley's flea pickin' teeths are very cute!

Maureen said...

Aw, what cute teeths you have! And I love how you can spread those toes!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Flea pickers...that made mewmie snort when she read that! She says that is what Kiki uses to chew on her hair...do you think Kiki thinks our mewmie has fleas?? Those teeth are good for doing pedicures too...but mewmie said we don't do a very good job ourselves...

Related Posts with Thumbnails