Thursday, February 4, 2010

How Does That Work? All About Cars!

I am BACK with another episode of "How Does THAT Work?!" And since I am a MANCAT, I enjoy CARS. I'll bet you are all WONDERING how CARS work. RIGHT?
So, I went INSIDE my Mommeh's CAR to FIGURE things out. INVESTIGATING things is IMPORTANT. I also did some RESEARCH about cars. Did you know they run on HORSEPOWER?
I have figured out that HORSES live UNDER THE HOOD of the car. That is where a CAR gets POWER from! Lots and lots of HORSES! HUNDREDS of them!
If you were to OPEN the HOOD, here is what you would see! The HORSES working HARD to power the CAR!
Things are EASY to figure out if you just THINK about it long enough!
Share/Bookmark

72 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

You are a smart cookie H. Thanks for telling us about cars.

Teddy Westlife said...

You are teaching me so many things I never knew, Harley.

Kathy said...

You made me laugh so hard today, Harley. Yes. Yes, there are many horsies in every car. You probably don't remember Volkswagons. Those ran on ponies.

Forever Foster said...

We would never have thought to look under the hood. Good work, Harley!

Angel Simba said...

Yup, you must be right, because all cars list what their HORSEpower is. So definitely hundreds of horses under the hood.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Thanks for sharing this, Harley! I always learn so much from you! LOL

Jen said...

What a clever boy you are, Harley! I must admit though, our herd was terribly curious to know how they managed to fit all those horses under one hood :o)

Milo and Alfie said...

Harley, we learn so much from yoo. Yoo are very clever!

We hope yoor mom's noo job is going well. Our mom is settling in to hers but she said "roll on retirement!" ~ if yoo know what we mean! We think she prefers being wiv us.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are very clever and explained that well to us. We have horses here and we wondered where they went when they are taken out of their fields. We think there must be a special machine that makes them smaller when they are needed for car engines because these horses would never fit under the hood. They must be made big again when they go back to their field.

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Harley! We never knew that! Thanks for letting us know!

Anonymous said...

You are so smart, Harley! I used to drive a '65 Mustang convertable! It was a wild ride with the top down!

Cats in trees said...

We heard they can be very thirsty too.

Free Online Games said...

Thanks for giving more new things which i never heard in my life. Thank you sooooo much....

i beati said...

explains a lot to me sandy

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Harley, you are very smart. I just heard some horses in my garage, now I know it! You are soooo smart. You should get tested. You could be a genuis kitty

Happy headbonks

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You're so funny Harley. There must be very, very tiny horsies in our car because it's a small car. Maybe that's why people raise miniature horses??

The Furry Kids said...

Wow, Harley! That was a very informative post. hee hee
Love,
Tazo

Marg said...

Harley that is such good information. We kind of knew that cars ran on horse power and that is because horses are so powerful and can pull that car along. You have a nice day today Harley and be nice to that Daisy.

The Florida Furkids said...

We always feel so much smarter after we read your posts! Thanks for letting us know about the horses!! We're going to listen at our garage door to see if we can hear them.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Dma said...

i never understood why humankind switched from chariots and stagecoaches.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i wondered what was under there!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

How logical!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Wow...who KNEW?! Thanks for letting us in on that secret Harley. You're SO smart! ;o)

The Meezers or Billy said...

that is twenty three different kinds of awesome!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Harley, you are brilliant for figuring that out. I never knew about the horses. You are a smart cat :)

Happy Cat Family said...

I always wondered about the horses too... Wow, you are SO smart! Thank you so much, you sure deserve the Cat Nobel Prize!

Janet said...

That is amazing, Harley! I think I'd better go look under the hood of my car now!

Anonymous said...

I really don't think they mean REAL horsies - but you look good in that car!

Breakfast With the Bennetts said...

Harley I asked dad cause he is a car workeroner and he said there are not really horses under the hood. I was so dissapointed cause I wanted to meet them. Oh well, I can't wait to see your next explination.

Snuggles
Bella

p.s. I still think dad might be wrong and just doesn't know it. hehe

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! Harley you are brilliant!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Who shovels out all the horse poop?

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Harley, you are so smart! We have a question. Does Mom have to take hay out to the car to feed the horsies?

Mouchois said...

Hahaha. Kathy's comment made an already funny post even funnier!
VWs DID run on ponies!

JD at I Do Things said...

HAHAHAHA!
Those horses don't look like they're working very hard. Maybe that car is stalled, tho.

Amy & the house of cats said...

That is awesome Harley! We love your "how does that work" posts! We learn so much from them!

Stephanie said...

Wow you sure are smart figuring out that car!!

Sparkle said...

That's good to know! I don't mind, just so long as my human doesn't let the horses in the house. I like having the wide open spaces of my home uncluttered by hundreds of horses.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

WOW!!! We would have never figured that one out! Thanks Harley!

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the info. Mommy thinks she has to find another herd, because the one's in her car are sick or something!

Cheri Linehan said...

Thanks for explaining that Harley I always wondered hom Mom made the bad noisy machine go? I should have figured it was us animials doing all the hard work.

Cheri Linehan said...

Thanks for explaining that Harley I always wondered hom Mom made the bad noisy machine go? I should have figured it was us animials doing all the hard work.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant, Harley!

Puglette said...

those cute little horses must hide everytime i open the car hood! thank you for finally showing me how sweet they are.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

You are smarter than the average bear Harley!

brokenteepee said...

Thank you Harley! I never would have known that without you!

Ann said...

Oh Harley, leave it to you to figure it all out. Did you take moms car for a spin while you were checking it out?

Max said...

Dood? Who cleans up when those hundreds of horses poop?

loki said...

Harley, you're so smart and I love cars too! I like when you explain how stuffs work, I always learn something new!

Nomi said...

It's good that horsies have something to do all day apart from eat grass.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow Harley, yoor sooooo smart! Now we know zactly how a car works...Zippy still wants to drive even if der is horsies unner da hood.

Christine said...

Harley, you are very brave for going into your Mommeh's car to figure out how it works. My kittehs do NOT like to go in the car, because they know that these car trips always end up at the V-E-T. I know that your Mommeh makes you and Daisy go to the V-E-T, too.

Maybe all those horsies have to go to the horsie V-E-T, too!

Donna said...

How do they make the horseys get so small?

gemmak said...

Lol...excellent! :o)

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Harley, you are so clever! I wonder if your mommeh would let you bring some of the horsies inside your house so you and Daisy can play with them when your mom isn't driving her car.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Harley
I am always learning so much from you!

purry purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You're brilliant!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Thank you for all that info on cars. Cool dude
Benny & Lily

Quill and Greyson said...

I wonder if the little horses have harnesses?

SophieKitty said...

Harley, you have a wealth of knowledge! I'm so glad you share. I would never now how any of this stuff works.

WillOaks Studio said...

Oh dear Harley...I KNEW that was how they worked...I just never saw the horses until you showed me them....then I laughed my a__ off, you're just too smart!

meowmeowmans said...

What a smart mancat you are, Harley! Great investigative work!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Judging by its acceleration, I think my car is powered by squirrels ...

petra said...

Wow Harley you are SMART! Think you could teach my doggies a few things??

Lorenza said...

Huh? Do you know how many horsies we need to run a car??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Your Daily Cute said...

Clearly! I wonder if those horses in your mom's car would like some yummy sugar cubes?

Unknown said...

Harley, you are one smart MANcat!

Bae Bae said...

That is so smart. Now I finally know how car works. :)

~ Bae

Cheyenne -Millie said...

You are a very intelligent kitty cat Harley! Also very funny!

Luzinha said...

always clever, dear Harley!

GLOGIRLY said...

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, Harley.
I KNEW it had to be the horses.
Glogirly's horses make her car run from the back. They're weird. German I think.

Happy Super Bowl Weekend!
mew,
Katie
(Glogirly's cat)

Maureen said...

Ha! Oh I love your take on things Harley!

The Furry Bambinos said...

Oh, so that's how it works. You are very brave, Harley, for investigating the evil machine! We HATE to go inside a car, so we like to shed a lot to voice our displeasure. Did you shed lots of furs?

Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, Cookie, and Caramel

Related Posts with Thumbnails