Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: I Cannot Has?


(Please be sure not to play with ribbons or string unsupervised. Harley had to give up the ribbon as soon as the photo was taken.)


Share/Bookmark

67 Notes for Daisy:

Sparkle said...

Oh Harley, I feel your pain. I adore ribbons, but my human immediately snatches them away from me.

Winston said...

You looks like you are having fun Harley. I like to get at ribbons too but Mama always takes them - not fair!

Keiko said...

Harley you have such a cute face! We like ribbons too... but we're not allowed to keep them!

Kathy said...

Yes, Harley, you must give up the ribbon. Even though it looks like a toy you would like to play with, it's really not. I know. That stinks!

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh noes, Harley were you very sad?

Poppy Q said...

Mr H, that looks like it could be a very costly riboon if you ate it. I bet you have a bijillion other toys to play with.

Anonymous said...

Oh how true! jane is a string eater so I have to be VERY careful around here with dental floss, thread, ribbon, etc.....
Harley, I'm sure your Cat Dancer is MUCH more fun than that ribbon.

Parker said...

I know, we can't play with ribbon unless a 'rent is watching!

Turn Your Terrible Child Into a Terrific Child said...

oh harly i must admitt i was very nevus about those ribbone i glad you gave them up as soon as the picter was taken

LL

amandab said...

Cats will get into anything. Ribbons, newspapers left on the floor, boxes, my wool whilst I am trying to crochet ... Hmm ... why do I love them again?

Happy Wordless Wednesday!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Harley, you looked so happy playing with your ribbon, but we all know how dangerous they can be.

Kea said...

Harley, we can only play with string or ribbon while under supervision too! We don't know what our human's problem is, does she think we're going to eat it? Not unless it's treat-flavoured....MOL!

Anonymous said...

We hardly ever even SEE a ribbon, unless it's Christmas... and the boxes are far more interesting then ribbonz.

Unless you are Grayson. Grayson loves ribbonz.

Forever Foster said...

Ribbons are like the funnest toy. It must be because they are forbidden. *sigh*

-Ronny.

Anonymous said...

sigh. Harley, i unnerstand. i loves gifty ribbon too! i try to grab it and eat it up whenever i see it. it is the only thing that has ever made me do the barfies. my mommeh does not 'preciate the barfies though, so she takes it from me too. you look just as depressed as i feel when that happens to me.

i beati said...

I can see hopw inviting it is Harley..Toppy wants you to come and play with her..sandy

Cindy said...

Oh yes! Rosie loves to eat ribbon, then we find it in her poop.

Angel Simba said...

I am like a magnet for the curling ribbon. The kind my Mom uses to end up chewing so I get small bit that make me barf, but the kind you have there looks like it just might get swallowed whole and cause BIG TROUBLE. Anyway, I am not allowed to have any to play with unless for a very short time under strict supervision.

CCL Wendy said...

Boy, do we know all about that! Yes, Harley, do not eat it, especially!

I've had to pull some of that stuff out of Dante's butt, and luckily he wasn't hurt in the processing of it. Dante goes nuts for paper ribbon.

I know it's fun, but safety comes first, Harley.

Lin said...

Oh yes--not so good. We had a cat a few years back who ate like 3 feet of string. Didn't find it for days--gees, I was very worried, but everything came out alright. ;)

Dma said...

Your sister's tail might be a suitable ribbon replacement.

Tina said...

oh harley never mind. u will have to play with something safer next time ;)

My entry is at my Game FreakZ blog

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

okay then, i promise not to play with ribbon and i won't let sarge play with it either...

smiles, auntie bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Marg said...

Poor Harley, but we aren't allowed to have ribbons either. We sure wouldn't want anything to happen to you. Who would chase Daisy around?? As usual, your eyes are terrific.
Have a super day.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Harley, dood, I try and try to get ribbons but the mom wont let me either. So I turned to licking plastic bags instead! MOL

Shadow

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, but I'm glad your mommie keeps u safe...

tekorin said...

Ribbons are great FUN!!!
But....too bad we can't keep them.
Hope you played enough with them!!

AFSS said...

The beans take all the good toys away. They says it is for our own good but we thinks they just want to play with them.

Anonymous said...

No you cannot haz ...it is for your own good and safety. But you look cute as a button...

Anonymous said...

We love ribbons too! Mom used to dress her Christmas presents up so nicely with them, but NOOOOO, not anymore! She said she was tired of pulling string outta our butts! Ewwww...she said it was gross!

Cat Street Boyz said...

Ribbons are fun but you are right Harley, we could get all wrapped up in them. Some could even be toxic 'cause they are not rated for taste safety but oh, they sure are fun when we grab them, even for a few seconds=^Y^=

The Oceanside Animals said...

It's all fun and games until someone swallows a ribbon.

Raymond and Busby said...

Yep, those ribbons can be dangerous. But we do wish we could have them to play with!

Puglette said...

excellent advice harley. another wonderful PSA.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

catsynth said...

We have the same problem, too. Luna quite likes them - she likes twist-ties even more. They all have to get confiscated.

I did find an official cat toy that had a curly shape I thought would be appealing in a similar way. Even that I only let out for play under supervision.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Poor Harley. Ribbon is so fun but can be bad for a cat.

Tammy said...

My Oscar LOVES ribbons! He is getting to be an old boy (14) but still acts like a kitten when he comes across a ribbon to chase!

Jacqueline said...

We love to kill strings and ribbons; Sukki loves to chew them too...Hope you continue to have a fun day, Harley...kisses...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Why is it that everything that's funn is banned, that's ot we want to know. It snot fair!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Sorry Harley, but if yoo swallow dat ribbon der would be big problems!

brokenteepee said...

Sherpa is a bad boy about ribbons too. He tries to help the publicist when she is packing up her jewelries. He is not much help....

jenianddean said...

We've all had ribbon in the litter box before, I'm sure. Love ribbon a little too much.
--Jasper

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Yep, that stuff is fun to play with, but we get ours taken away too! We guess that is better than having our tummies operated on.

gemmak said...

Oh noes...you cannoy haz, unless mommeh supervizez!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

You are very good to play with that only when mom is around.
Ribbon is pretty cool and fun, but moms are always hiding the fun stuff.

bonkie bonk

Christine said...

Harley, I had a kitteh who eated tinsel, and he got very sick and had to go to the VET! It was so scary. Luckily, he was okay and lived for many years after that.

I would not want something bad like that to happen to you. Your Mommeh is right to only let you play with the ribbon when she is carefully watching you.

Meadow said...

Dexter is a super ribbon fan....I have to wrap presents behind closed doors anymore :(

Ann said...

ribbons can be very fun but good advice to not play with them unsupervised

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We know it was hard to give up the ribbons. But it is fun to play with them!

The Furry Kids said...

Harley, I always have to give up the fun toys too. It is not that much fun. :(

EG

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We can play wif string a little bit, but only when it is attached ta large stuff at both ends (like a wand and a fevverbutt toy).

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Harley
Momma won't let us play with ribbon or strings or anything like that...

purrs
>^,,^<
Abby

Katnip Lounge said...

Harley,
Mommy won't let us play with ribbons. She's mean. But you know what's fun? RUBBER BANDS! But we can't have those for some reason either. Double mean!

The Florida Furkids said...

Ribbons are fun but we're never allowed to play with them either.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Island Cats said...

Harley, that ribbon may be fun...but there are better toys to play with!

The Island Cats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Your Daily Cute said...

Harley doesn't look like he's used to hearing "no" very often!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

We love strings and ribbons, and cap covers... all that bad stuff! Be careful Harley!

Lorenza said...

Good advice!
Happy Wednesday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

meowmeowmans said...

That's good advice! We do agree with you, though, Harley ... ribbons are lots of fun.

Donna said...

Awwww. Plz to be carefuls. :)

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

You're lucky to have such a great mummy my friend!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I can tell you love it very much, Harley~!
I will love it if I were you!!!

Maureen said...

Oh yes, ribbon is only played with under supervision... and my poor three cats would LOVE to get into my six foot long ribbon holder in my craftroom! (which is why the door is shut when I am not in there)

JD at I Do Things said...

I'm sorry, Harley. Those ribbons look like a lot of fun, but they can be very dangerous. My mom had to pull about 3 feet of ribbon out of her cat Noel's throat. He was very lucky not to have been injured.

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Tofu loves anything stringy, but we have to make sure he doesn't have access to them unsupervised, too.

Cory said...

I get that stuff taken away from me too...sigh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails