Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I AM EGC-Free! (mostly)

Oh HAI everybuddy! I am going to TELL you some GOOD news. I am ALMOST completely FREE of my eosinophilic granuloma complex! My LAST outbreak was about TWO DAYS after my annual vet exam back in DECEMBER! I think the STRESS brought it on.
I NEVER told you very MUCH about my CONDITION back then, because I did not want my friends to WORRY about me. But for over a YEAR I got TERRIBLE ulcers on my FACE and I got STEROID shots almost EVERY month. Here is one of my WORST ones. I hope you do not think LESS of me now that you SEE how sick I was back THEN.
I was looking BACK at some of my OLD pictures, and I see how SKINNY my face was then! Can you see my SWOLLEN lip?
Besides the ULCERS on my LIPS, I would get all SORTS of crazy symptoms like big LUMPS on my CHIN, blisters on my PAW pads, SCABS on the back of my THIGHS, and my MUZZLE would sometimes swell up and FLUID would leak out of my WHISKER holes!
Anyway, for SOME reason, I am almost COMPLETELY better, except when STRESS makes me get another outbreak. I just wanted to let you KNOW that I am GOOD now!
Share/Bookmark

88 Notes for Daisy:

Sparkle said...

Wow, Harley, I am glad that whatever-you-call-that-thing is not bothering you anymore! It must have been really uncomfortable!

Lisa + current cat said...

Oh, Harley, you looked so gaunt and uncomfortable. We hope you stay stress-free so you stay well.

Freya's Staff said...

That's great news Harley! I guess your stress reliever toy is doing its job!

What's it called again? Oh yes! It's called DAISY!! :-)

xx

Lisa Kolosey said...

Goodness, Harley! So glad you are free of that bad stuff! Stress? You always look so happy to us :).
~Lisa Co9T

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor Harley! That looks like it was very sore. We are glad you are so much better now. Stay chillaxed so nothing stresses you to make it come back.

Mr Puddy said...

Wow ! Harley, That was tough !
I'm so happy to know you are completely O.K. now
Good Idea to keep your self happy, Stress is no good for you or anyone.

Look at the old photo and now. I have to thanks for everyone in your family to keep you happy. You are in the good hand and paws : )

HUG
xoxo

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

O, Harley, I's had no idea you was so sick.
So glad it's gone.
You must stay stress free.
Love & Purrs,
KC

Kal said...

I am glad that this special boy is doing better. His modelling career can now proceed without any interference.

Karen and Gerard said...

Oh Harley, that is such good news! So glad your mommy cared for you and got you better! Hope you will just relax and not get stressed out anymore. You remind us so much of our Mr. Moe Cat! He was very sick when we first got him too and looked like you. Eat, play, sleep and don't think too hard when you are figuring things out. It's okay if you don't know how something works.

Angel Simba said...

Harley, I am so glad you are much better wit your EGC. Does your Mom also think that your grain free, raw diet has helped out? Do you take any supplements with that?

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are delighted with this good news, Harley, but we also want you to know that we love you NO MATTER WHAT!!!

khairul said...

really cute cats.. i love cats too.. i have 14 cats..

Bacon said...

Oh Harley! I'm so glad you're feeling better. But I do think you need to make sure DAISY handles all that stressful stuff- maybe SHE should be making those vet visits instead of you! ;)

The Florida Furkids said...

Great news Harley. We hope that nasty EGC never comes back.


The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

CatHerder said...

aww big hugs!

Michelle said...

So wonderful - makes our day!

Marg said...

Oh Harley, that is such good news. We have a kitty here that had something kind of like that. She had rodent ulcers. But hers are gone now too. But we are so excited that you are so much better. That is so great. Your face used to be really skinny before. Take care and have a fun day.

one of Fae's humans said...

that's WONDERFUL news, Harley! i'm really glad that you've gotten better. :) i hope that you won't get stressed very often so that you can stay better.

Pandafur said...

Harley Iz so glad you iz better. Your pore lil face, it wuz skiknee. Pleeze to nawt haz moar stress mai sweet furrend *softpaw*

JD at I Do Things said...

Oh, sweet Harley!

I am so sorry to hear how sick you were. But I am SO HAPPY to hear that you are all better! You are a beautiful, sweet boy!

Forty Paws said...

Wow Harley! It's all the luf that you are getting from the poodins in the cat blogosphere! We are so happy for you!!! Stay stress-free!

Luf, Us

Hannah and Lucy said...

Harley that is great news - we are delighted for you. Your poor little face looked so sore when you had those nasty ulcers and we bet they were very ouchie. Your mom has done well to help you get better so all you've got to do now is stay stress free.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Kea said...

Awww, handsome Harley, we hope you stay EGC-free, permanently, that you don't get stressed enough for another outbreak!

-Fuzzy Tales

Dma said...

glad to hear you are better. here's to a stress free existence.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Yay for your manly strong immune system for kicking those ECG's away! Oh, and your mom's good nursing care, and your extra special foods, and your laid back life now!

Cory said...

Harley, that is fantastic news. Jonesie knows how frustrating those ulcers can be because she gets them too. One time she had an ulcer on her tongue! She must remain stress free and we do our best to make sure she is a happy girl.

Cat said...

Harley you poor thing, that must have been very painful!!! We are so glad that you are getting better :-)

Random Felines said...

That must have been very scary and we are VERY glad you are feeling so much better now!!!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, whatever that was ya had, we love yer long whiskers... MOL!

Janet said...

That is GREAT news, Harley!

Unknown said...

Oh sweety, you could have told us. We are here for you, your sister and your mommy. Good news and bad. You don't know it, but all my kids are subscribed to you and love you very much. You look like our kitten (one year old), Yaps! That makes you a very handsome cat, indeed.

Hugs to you and you're mom. I get nervous at my doctor too. My blood pressure goes up. :)

Myst and Blackie said...

We are happy you are better Harley! All of us think you are very brave to have the shots to treat your illness & we think you are very handsome well or sick!

Purrs...

Unknown said...

Wow Harley! Me thinks yous is the most beautiful cat! Even when yous had the terrible things. Glad yous is better!
Nellie

Admiral Hestorb said...

Harley, I love you SO much. Nothing could ever make me think anything other than loving thoughts about you. You are precious.

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor baby - glad it's almost all gone now

Shaggy and Scout said...

We remember you blogged about it a little bit after you came to live with Daisy & your mommeh.
He hope the outbreaks are under control now and if it was some kind of virus causing it that is is vanquished, never to return again!
xxxooo

The House of 9 Lives said...

Oh, Harley, buddy - we are so glad to hear you are all better. We've been lurking at your blog for a while now and really, really enjoy your and Daisy's exploits. We are glad you are your handsome self and hope you won't be bothered anymore by that illness!

jenianddean said...

I couldn't think of any happier news! You really didn't look bad back then, but you look much better now. Keep up the good work.
--Jasper

Katnip Lounge said...

Oh Harley, we are so happy that you are WELL. We winced just thinking about leaky whisker holes...that is terrible! We think your good diet and your Mom's love has healed you all up. Here's to a stress free day!

OKcats said...

Oh Harley, bless your little heart! We're glad to hear you're almost all better! Does this mean you never have to go see the vet again, since he stresses you out?? Clever!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow Harley! That's amazing. We bet it's cause you eat so well that your immune system is getting better and better and some day you might hardly ever have out breaks. We hope so.

Winston Wilbur said...

Harley this is super good news, we are so glad you are free from that thingy-ma-jing illness. I think you are cute even if you had bumps and blisters.


Kisses
Tika

CCL Wendy said...

Oh Harley! Why would anyone think less of you for being sick? It's not anything that you could help -- you needed medication to get better.

So, take time to relax from now on so the stress doesn't get to you. If you're easier on Daisy, you'll actually make it easier on yourself.

You're just as handsome, swollen lip and all!

brokenteepee said...

I am very happy to hear this, Harley. It is probably because you live in a very happy forever home with a wonderful mommeh and daddeh who love you very much.

Robyn said...

Yay, Harley! So glad you're feeling better!

The Island Cats said...

Harley, that is such good news!!

Y'know, Ernie suffers from this...not quite a severely as you had it, though. He sometimes gets a swollen lip and some scabs on his paw pads and he gets itchy. But it's never been so severe that he had to get steroid shots on a regular basis...only once when it was real bad. We think it may be environmental.

We hope you stay stress free and EGC free!

Everycat said...

We are very happy you have been EGC free for such a long while Harley. Those ulcers and other nasty things must have been so sore for you poor boy. No one would think less of you for being poorly Harley, but we understand that dashing young mancats have to manage their PR a little. It's great you are well again!

Whicky Wuudler

cheryl said...

oh, dude!! we's so sorry to hear you been haffin' those nasty sores! xing had 'em, too, but just one time onna lip unner where she's got the missin' fang. you are a brave kitteh to take a shot frum the vettie! we're sure the loves an' pettins from yer mommeh made you all better now!

an' you has ALLUS been good!!! now yer even better!!

Anonymous said...

yay! That's wonderful news, Harley!!! Hope it doesn't come back.

Anonymous said...

yay! That's wonderful news, Harley!!! Hope it doesn't come back.

Unknown said...

oh dood. i am glad ur feeling better.

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Harley, that is wonderful wonderful noos!!!!

The Whiskeratti said...

Harley, we are so glad you are much better now!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Harley! I sure hope you can be stress-free so you continue to stay healthy!! You really look great now :)

Ozark Mountain Cats said...

Harley, you should tell Mom to get a vet that comes to your house. You're a very famous cat now and I'm sure that the vet would understand that with your busy schedule and all that a house visit would be appropriate.

Purrz

Ikaika said...

Harley, we are so happy that your EGC is under control! It is not fun. Stress does bad things to us kitties. We can also sympathize because Tanith and Midnight both have EGC, but they are free of it right now, too. Yay!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh Harley, that is just nasty stuff! We are glad you are doing so much better now!!!!!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh Harley, you've always been good in our book but it's nice dat yoo don't haf da ulcers or swelling anymore. We'z hoping yoor life is as stress free as possible.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We had no idea it was so bad. WE are glad you area almost all better!

M Dawson said...

Harley, it is SO important that folks know that these things can be fought, and that you defeated your illness. If anyone else gets something like this, heck they will worry BUT looking at your post they will see there is HOPE and that there is medicine. EGC looks mighty scary BUT knowing it can be treated is very important.

* nosetaps * from your admirer

DashKitten

Donna said...

I am so glad! Yay! Yay! :) (claps paws)

My hooman was so glad, her eyes were leakin that water stuff. :) She says to hug u. :) {{{Harley}}}

Ann said...

oh Harley that must have been just awful for you. I'm so glad you are better now. Now don't go getting yourself stressed anymore.

LP said...

Gosh Harley.Every time we see you we always think what a handsome healthy boy you are so your Mama sure takes good care of you 'cause she had us fooled about your condition. We are glad you are getting better and stronger.Maybe a talk with Daisy and Mr. Shrill are in order. An absolutely NO STRESS from you two talk!!
the critters in The Cottage

Anonymous said...

We are so happy you found a great Mommy to help you with all your "special stuff"...you are a great cat no matter what!

BeadedTail said...

We're so glad you are better Harley and we hope you stay stress free so it doesn't come back!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Harley
We are so glad that you are better and we hope that you won't feel any more stress because we don't want you to break out.

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<
Abby Ping Jinx Boo Gracie
purrin
xoxox
~ManxMnews

Catsparella said...

Aww, poor Harley!! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better, and will be purring for you to stay healthy!!

Unknown said...

Oh, that's wonderful news, Harley! You're looking great!

Link Bartholomew said...

Poor guy, Harley! Glad you're getting better. I must say, it's difficult for me to picture you under stress. You seem like such a happy go lucky dude.

Lorenza said...

Those are pawesome news, Harley!
I am very happy for you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Asta said...

Hawley
This is most exciting and excellent news!!!
I aways thought you wewe good and love you wif ow wifout youw sickies, but I'm so happy that you awe feeling fine and looking so pawfect.
Stay stwess fwee and know i love you no mattew what!!!!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Marilia said...

Harley!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I´m very happy with your good news!!!
Hugs from Brazil
Marilia

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Daisy I most certainly would NEVER think less of you for posting this! I am stunned because that LOOKS and sounds soooo similar to what Cody has! Cody's lip has always looked "strange" from when he was a kitten.
Last summer he started getting bloody like sores or scabs on his head...then he had the big bumps under his chin too...(but none anywhere else like you had)
The vet said it was probably a food allergy and switched him to canned/dry rabbit....
He got the lumps again about a month ago and the vet put him on prednisone (sp?)
If you get a moment I would love to hear more about this. Are you on a special diet?
so far Cody seems to be ok...he finished his prenisone a few weeks back but we are watching him.
The vet said it could be due to stress (probably from Dakota! lol) or food or environment!
I forgot, how old is Daisy?
Thanks so much for sharing this!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

ooops!!! it's HARLEY, not Daisy!!! Duh!!! I was so amazed about it being so similar that I screwed up!

Deven said...

OMG, poor Harley, Oh, baby boy, you must have been so sore and unhappy. Mom and Dad must have been wild with worry. So very glad you are almost 100% now. You are too much of a bunny to be so sick.

Just Ducky said...

Hmmm, VET=stress. Maybe you can just stay home!

Quill and Greyson said...

We're so glad you're feeling better!!

Theresa H Hall said...

Oh such good news little Harley. I did not realize how bad it was for that time. Glad your Mommeh took such good care of you. Prayer does work.

Love,

Aunt Teesa

Barbara said...

Oh poor Harley, glad you seem to be over it, xx

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Harley we can't tell yoo how happy we are that yoo are better! We love yoo, sweet boy. Stay well.

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Harley!! we are so glad you are (mostly) EGC free and that is stays away from you!!
((((((((HUGGGGSSSS)))))))) from your TX furiends,

Ariel said...

"Oh My" Harley that looks very painful.I am so glad your doing good no more stress :)

Jacqueline said...

We had no idea, sweetie, but are so happy to hear you are doing better...Life is too short for stress=take more naps and eat more nip :)...We adore you, handsome Harley!...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Clooney said...

Oh Harley, theese is excellent news that everything has cleared up! I thinks if you ever start to worry and feel stress you should go watch Ernie and Bert run around and theese will cheer you up!

The Crew said...

Harley, we're so glad you're better now.

BumbleVee said...

Wow.... that was awful.... I'm so glad you are feeling and looking so much better now Harley!

I've been away and sure did miss you and Miss Daisy and all your antics.... so now...I'm scrolling backwards to see all I missed .... 3 weeks is a long time when somebody like your Mommeh blogs daily....!

Sara Katt said...

Hi Harley,
I am so glad to read that you are better from your EGC-sores. It is so important to be healthy and feel good.
And if you are having health problems, it is not easy to blog about them.
Right now, I am a little worried about my cat-mamma Cajsa Cat. She gave birth to five kittens - my siblings - a week ago, on April 5th. One of them did not survive. I am going to blog about it soon.
Purrs,
Sara Cat

Andree said...

Harley, I am so glad that they have made these huge strides in helping kitties with this. Bless you and your mom for persevering. I know how you have suffered.

Related Posts with Thumbnails