Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My Backyard Adventure!

I got to go Outside in my backyard on my harness and leash, and I went right to the very edge of the water! My Mommie has to watch me closely, because alligators live in this water, and they move very fast. I would not want to get eaten up! I saw this pretty bird. I do not know what kind of bird he is. He told me his name is George, but he did not even know what kind of bird he was.
Then, I saw this big fish! He was almost 2 feet long! I tried talking to him, but he didn't answer. I think he had too much water in his ears.
I started to get nervous about alligators. So I turned around and RAN back from the edge of the water. Better safe than dinner.
Aaaahhhh! This is more like it. I spent some time sunbathing on the patio. The sun feels good on my tummy.

Share/Bookmark

44 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow Daisy, you have a wonderful backyard! You are very brave to venture so close to the water. I am glad you didn't stay by the water's edge very long because I wouldn't want you to be eaten by an alligator!

Parker said...

You are right. It is much better to have dinner than to be dinner! I like the bling on your leash and the pretty pink! You look very happy taking a sun bath.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

You R the most adventursome kitty I no. At least U no when to come fully back into the safety zone. I think U need a camoflogy colored leash and halter to match your furrrrs. That way you will be incogneato and the scary critters won't C U.
Luf Peach....good night now

Ali & Fiona said...

Ali here: I do not like my harness and lead, I play dead. Though you look like you had lots of fun.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

That big birdie looks like some kind of heron. It has a brown leg warmer on its neck though... It must be cold out for George.

You better be careful Daisy. Watch out for those horrible huge lizzards!

Love, Prinnie
and Caesar

Anonymous said...

Daisy love the photos. Looks like you had a great adventure.George looks very nice and his feet are a very pretty color.That fish looks big and yummy too.You look so adorable in all
the photos yet I really like the last one best you look so relax :)

Forty Paws said...

We agree with Caesar & Prinnie. George is probably a Little Blue Heron Florida caerulea. We're glad that you ran from the water. You wouldn't be dinner, you would only be a snack!!

Aren't patios great for sunbathing?

Luf, Us

Lux said...

Look at your toes in that last picture - cute! You had a big adventure!

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

You look simply stunning in the last picture! What an adventurer you are. Maybe I should bring you hang gliding sometime. I'm going to Ipa Nema (No idea AT ALL on how to spell that one!) and it would be fun to have you along!

LZ said...

Wow Daisy, you really are a thrill seeker! I bet your heart was pounding when you finally left the bank of the pond.

Kaze

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

That is a great adventure! Stay away from the alligators!

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow you hadded fun! I LOVE your tosies in the last pikshur! - Sammy

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow Daisy, yoo reely are brave, those giant lizards cooda maded yoo a snack! Yoo gots neet stuff in yoor yard.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you are furry brave to go to the edge of the water like that! wow! i don't want to go there cause i am ascarid of alligators but not fish. i wish you could eat that fish all up daisy! ha ha ha i bet he would taste good.

smiles, auntie bee

Shaggy and Scout said...

Heh, Heh, "Better safe than dinner." We like that one. But you would be a snack, that's for sure. A sunny siesta on the patio is one of the greatest pleasures in life!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We got nervous when we saw you near the water, the patio looks much safer!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, you made us nervous so close to the gator water!!!

But we think that George here is a Green Heron.
Note the distinct coloration differences in the neck and body.
And the white on the underside of the neck.
Here in Michigan, Green Herons like our swamps -- but they also eat snakes in the fields in the fall. The farmers cut down the corn, then the mice come out to eat the corn, then the snakes come out to eat the mice, and the Green Herons come out to eat the snakes.
The cycle of life.
Anyway, our vote is that George is a Green Heron.

Not The Mama doesn't run a bird shop for nuttin, if not finding lots of birds in books!
cheers,
Daphne & Chloe

Skeezix the Cat said...

George looks like a yummy Green Heron to me. Do yoo have any tummy shots ware yer facing the camra?

Daisy said...

Daphne & Chloe and Skeezix, thanks for teaching me about the Green Heron! My Mommie couldn't take a tummy shot because then her shadow would be in the picture. And I do not want my Mommie's big shadow blocking my sun!

The Crew said...

Oh Daisy, this might give me nightmares. An alligator that close to you! (shudders)

Um...is everyone there besides you & Pixie named George? Is everyone in Florida using my name? Should I be flattered or is this a huge identify theft issue?!

George

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

OH Daisy be careful. There are too many AL's out there lurking under the waters. They are so lightenin fast. We kitties are fast but I fink those AL's are faster than we are. You are furry brave to get so close to the waters.

That was a pretty heron you saw and it would have made a nice playmate.

Abby

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

daisy honey i tagged you again since you did such a good job before!

smiles, auntie bee

The Meezers or Billy said...

Daisy, fank you so much for singing for me when I was not feeling well. I am feeling better today and I really appreciate your wonderful happy songs! and your purrs! - Miles

The Cat Realm said...

Daisy Daredevil!!!
Alligators? Are those like REALLY big lizards???
You have to be careful with really big lizards, they BITE! I know, because I have a bald spot of where one bit me once!
Anastasia

Karen Jo said...

You were very brave to go so close to the water to see the heron and the fish, but I'm glad you ran back to safety. I love the way you are making happy toes in the sun in the last picture.

Samantha & Mom said...

So glad you got away from the water. Those alligators are huge ugly things and very fast. You look so good on your leash and the sun is making such a pretty shadow behind you. Have a good day.
Samantha & Tigger

MaoMao said...

Wowie, what a great adventchure! I'd be skeered of the gators, too! But you look like you're enjoyin' the sunshine in your last pikshure.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Phoebe said...

What an exciting adventure. You have a very interesting territory to explore, Daisy. That fish would make a nice dinner i think.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Daisy, you know, I never noticed how multi-coloured you are! You are truly gorgeous!

Better to lounge on the patio than in the wild. Much safer for a kitty as refined as you!

xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Daisy! Alligators sound very frightening. You are such a brave girl, but be careful! And your harness looks beautiful on you.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

furry cute foto on the bricks

The Furry Kids said...

You sure had a great adventure! I think I'm askeered of alligators, though. :shudders: Thank you for the info on mealtimes at your house. It sounds like Momma has been on the right track with us.

Love,
Tazo

Rebecca Meyer said...

WoW daisy we think you are cute too and you have really grate movies!when we grow up we wanna make movies too!

I'm glad the alligators didnt eat yous when you went for your walk. TY for stopping by our blog!
-Dexter and pete

Anonymous said...

Don't get that close to the water, Daisy! We don't want anything to happen to you!

Unknown said...

Daisy you have a wonderful backyard! and you are valiant.It scares me to go outside.
●๋: ●๋:
´´´´´●๋: ●๋:
´●๋: ●๋: Luna Spain ●๋: ●๋:
´´´´´ ●๋: ●๋:
´●๋: ´●๋: ´●๋: ´●๋:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yoo haf a furry ixciting yard Daisy. We would like to see the fishies and herons. I fink Eric would get eetid by the allygaters cuz he would haf to paddle his toes.

Tara said...

Wow, what a great walk! You are so brave! And you look great in your pretty harness and leash!

Tara

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

sunbathing looks great~!!!
I think you are very comfortable~!

Zoey and the furballs said...

Ooohhh alligators! Nope we don't want you to be dinner for them either!

Bogdan, the editor said...

I wonder if those fish and birds could be as dangerous as gators ... they looked big. Hmmmm.

Kat 3 says she is jealous of your walk, but is happy she doesn't live near gators.

Anonymous said...

You live at a very dangerous place. I am glad that there are no alligators in Sweden!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Daisy, we're purty sure George the bird is a green heron an George the fish is a CATfish! Just stay away from George the alligator.
I can tell you REALLY like sun on yur tum! Purrs!

Tanj,Uschi&Vladi said...

That looks like a daring adventure. We are sure glad we don't have to worry about alligators!!! Be careful out there.

Anita said...

WOWWWWW!!! FANTASTIC AND BIG FISH...

Ñammm, ñammmm, yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails