Monday, September 24, 2007

Movie Monday: A Shoulder To Climb On

I love to climb high. But, so far, I have not been able to climb on top of the kitchen cabinets because they are too tall for me. Even when I stand as tall as I can! When my Mommie stands near the cabinets, I think I can use her to help me jump up there! Here I am figuring out the distance from her shoulder to the cabinets...


ps: My plan failed. Because my Mommie screamed when I dug my toenails into her shoulder.
Share/Bookmark

62 Notes for Daisy:

Ramses said...

Oh that's a great little vid of you Daisy! You sure have a cute way of asking your Mommie for shoulder too! :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

maybe your mommie could wear those pad thingys that futball players wear and it wouldn't hert her and you could climb! what do you think of that?

smiles, auntie bee

Parker said...

I love your meow Daisy!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Cute video, Daisy. :) I like to get up high too. I'm not allowed in the kitchen, though, so I've never tried to get up on the cupboards.

Team Tabby said...

Climbing high is lots of fun. Our cupboards go right to the ceiling, so no fun there. You'll do it though. Go, Daisy, go!

Moe & Mindy

Poppy Q said...

Daisy it is nice that you asked your mommie if you could climb up on her.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yoo are kyoot Daisy wiv yer big round eyes. Well done on gitting on yer mum's shoulder.

Mickey's Musings said...

Daisy,you are too cute.Also,you are right,you do have a tiny little meow!Mom thought it was soooo cute,especially with those big round eyes.
Keep working on it.One day you might get there.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Very cute meow, Daisy.
That was a polite meow... and it was nice that your mom offered her shoulder for you.
I used to love to climb on mommies shoulder but now... I might fall and break a hip. that would be bad.

I think I will jump on top of the cabinets now... I can get their easily by going on top of the fridge first.

~~Caesar

Happy Day to you and Pixiekins

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think you are success~! At least you climb on your mommy's shoulder for sure~!!!
And I love your MEOW~! That is a beautiful mewo~! Just lovely.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Cute video Daisy! We didn't get to hear your mommie's scream though. Our mommie screams too when we dig out nails into her skins. She can really be very loud!

Shaggy and Scout said...

You darling little girl!!! You are so stretched out standing on your back legs in the picture and you are still little!!! Very cute video....we love your pretty eyes too, very nice closeups!

Anonymous said...

Very cute video Daisy. I love the way you told your mom to get closer.You sure are a brave kitty.I like to climb on top of the fridge, then I wait for mom to walk by and jump on her back.She doesn't like it but I do it's fun :)

Shaggy and Scout said...

Pee Ess: Tell your mommy that you must check for lezzards up there, maybe then she'd get you all the way up.

Dma said...

You gotta keep trying. I'm sure there's something fantastic on top of the cabinets. Perhaps next time your mom will offer the top of her head.

Unknown said...

Wow, Daisy, you are a really good climber!

Thank you for sending purrs to Figment!

-Rosie

LZ said...

Your Mom is better than the LL. The Lap Lady would never actually wait that long for me to get up there. I do love my shoulder rides, especially from the Tall Man! I bet he could get you on the cabinets if you want I'll loan him to you.

Kaze

zevo hussein calamari said...

Maybe you could borrow some wings and fly up there.....

xoxoxo
zevo

Jimmy Joe said...

That was smart to use machine paw to get your mommie to come closer. She is not a very good circus-cat coach, though, if she screams when you're practicing. I get on top of the cabinets by gettin' on the fridge. My momma says if I got on her shoulder I'd pull her arm out of its socket.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoor too kyoote Daisy. Yoor mom shood wear shoolder pads den yoor claws woodent dig in and yoo can get up on da verrrrrrry tall cabinets.

Anonymous said...

Great video Daisy! You are really cute standing up on your back feets. When Trixie was a kitten she used to ride around on the boy bean's shoulders.

Mom says claws in the shoulder are no fun and she understands why your mom screamed.

Sarge Charlie said...

wow daisy, you are very tall, and of course you know what you want, tell mommie to lift you up.

Anonymous said...

Daisy I think it's good to have goals. You know, one of these days you'll get there.

Anonymous said...

That was a great try, Daisy!
Next time you could use a Spiderman outfit to climb that closet!

It is very good when you have a microchip, because than the police or the vet can check your identity, if you get lost one day and bring you back to your humans.
I have seen on TV a cat in Australia who found his humans after 8 years (!) because of the microchip. He was pretty happy to have them back!!!

I am sorry that I am not posting as often as I would like to, but my female human still feels pretty sick. I am glad that she sees a doctor next week.

Love

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

We have breakfast bar, so I jump on that, then I jump to the top of the fridge, then i walk across the hood on the stove then I can check out the cabinets. Bean doesn't like me in there though, cause I sometimes push things out.

The Meezers or Billy said...

ooo we heard you mao!!! like a meezer!! and we heard you purrrrrrrr - you haf a nice purrr!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

what a cute little voice you have

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Daisy

You have the sweetest little meow.

Purrs
Abby

Forty Paws said...

Dear Daisy,

Where is your refrigerator in relation to your cabinets? Annie uses the refrigerator as a step onto the top of the cabinets. Just sayin'...

Luf, Us

Earl Grey said...

I've got a couple of plans for you, Daisy. I notice that your cabinets have these nice little ledges at the bottom. If you could hook your back toes on those, I bet you could launch yourself on top of the cabinet. Or that nice shiny, toaster looks like it's about the right height to be a step stool. That is, if your Mommie doesn't mind furs in the toaster (our Mom frowns on that for some reason). Last, but not least, if all else fails, you can always just open that cupboard with the bee-yoo-tee-ful dishes in there and just sit your 'tocks on those. That's always fun. Just make sure your Spot #13 is clean - otherwise your Mommie might not be too happy.
Good luck!

Daisy said...

Thanks for all the tips, everycat! But the refrigerator has wood wrapped all around it and there is nothing to jump up on. And the cabinets go many, many feet higher than you can see. The only way up is for Mommie to stand on a chair and put me up there. She has done it for me before, too!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, great video! And you were the STAR! Mommy said that she would help you get up there cause you are so cute and she loves your meow! So just give her a call!

Unknown said...

Daisy you are so funny! When you are standing up tall at the counter you can really see all your beautiful colours, very pretty. My cabinets don't have a top, they go right into the wall, so the highest I can get is on top of the fridge. I really like it up there, I feel like I am on top of the world!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

DAISY! Awesome work my friend! You know, the human says there is a definite glint in your eye! x

jenianddean said...

My little sister Maggie like to go from the top of the fridge to the top of the cabinets and that works well for her. Huggy Bear is a little big and not much of a jumper, so he'll use Dad's shoulders to get up, but not often. Keep trying!
--Jasper

Skeezix the Cat said...

If yoo git a kyoot manicure with SoftPaws, yer mommy will never cumplane abowt yer sharp claws agin.

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Daisy, that was great! We see your Mommie edited out the scream!! (hehehe) Next time put a folded rag on her shoulder for protection from your claws!!
Your FL furiends,

PS: We had fun trying to see if anyone noticed!! (hehe)

DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest little meow, Daisy! ~DKM

Unknown said...

I think that you should join the circus Daisy. You would be really good at it.

ASTOR CATS said...

Daisy Cat + sholder = reach. Your plan would have worked had not your mom screamed. We could see you almost made it!

Midnite & Stray Kitty

darlene said...

i made my husband watch some of your videos you made of daisy yesterday....we thought they were so funny and very creative!!!

Miz said...

You have a lovely kitchen daisy.

Smudgie use to go from the counter to the fridge to the cabinets. Now the counters are off limits so she is cut off.

Christine and FAZ said...

OUCH Daisy OUCH.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

That was cute Daisy. Our Mommy has been trying to take a picture of us with her new phone so she can use it as wallpaper, but we keep messing it up. We just want to see what she is doing. Plus we don't think she knows what she is doing.

~Scylla, Charybdis & Sockie~Pooh

The Furry Fighter said...

hehe cool movie! very cute.
sorry i haven;t been in for a few days, meowmie has been sooo busy and has been neglecting ME! i love you in the t-shirt on Fashion Friday, very pretty. Congrats on your award too - you crack my mum up for sure :) x

Peach Man said...

Daisy how did you do that? First of all if I tried that Mama would yell "Peachgetoffthecounter!!!!" Man, your Mommie is so cool about these things...

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,

Da five watched your video & we iz learnin' many interestin' trickz from you.
Most of da catz here like to jump on da roof & play king of da mountain... but momee getz furry nervous & will git us down, even do we all know how to jump on da railz to do dis.
If you claw da momeez, dey do dat screechin' & stuff, just to make us feel a bit guilty. Did your momee feel guilty fur makin all dat noise?

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
how much temptashunz to u get fer starrin inna grate movie like dat?
luv--jh

Zoey and the furballs said...

I'm sure you will find you way up there Daisy. You are quite clever.

Anonymous said...

Oh, *giggle, giggle, giggle* -- you made my Mom SQUEE herself hoarse! That was just precious. You and MaoMao both do that little "c'mere, c'mere" paw thing! And you are a very clever girl -- that's an excellent idea, to use your Mommie's shoulder as a step-up!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

MaoMao said...

hehehehe, my momma sez OW MAO, OW MAO, OW MAO when I try to climb up her leg or sharpen my clawsies on her butt! You and me do a real simmilur paw thingie when we're wantin' our mommas to do or get somethin' fur us!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

momsbusy said...

ars mommees says she unnersands why yur mommees say ouch!

my mommees says ouch when i make biscuits on hers arms while she holds me like a baby. kimiko

mommees tells me i gotta make biscuits on hers blankets and not hers shirts cuz my claws is so sharp. yuki

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIXIE!!! We hope you have a pawesome one!

~Donny, Marie, Casey

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Wow, yoo luk supur tall and supur long Daisy. Yoo sure have beeutiful colurings on yer bak. Keep werking on yer cabinet leep...yull make it evenchuallie!

Pee Ess- All we know about
"PRO-MOTION" is that owr lady werks a lot and is supur tired when she gets home.

Tara said...

Good try Daisy! Mom's can be wimps sometimes, can't they?
Tara

Anonymous said...

Very cute video Daisy. I love that you are purring the whole time. It shows that you love your mommie, and you love being a star. You also have a very soft little meow. I'm glad that your mommie sometimes helps you get up on top of the cabinets.

Tara (not the cat)

Kimo and Sabi said...

Better luck next time!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dear Daisy! CONcatULATIONS on your QUACK UP award! You so deserve it because you are so funny! If you come over to my house, you can climb to the highest shelf in the kitchen with me...there is room for 2 tiny kitty girls like we are.
I am having a hard time finding a good place to sleep right now...I want summer back so I can sleep ouside on the patio:(
Love Peach

Karen Jo said...

I love your video and the picture of you reaching way up. You had a very good plan up until your Mom screamed. I understand why she screamed. I am glad that your Mom helps you up to the top of the cabinets sometimes, so you can explore.

Gretchen said...

Ouch! That sort of hurts, don't you think? Well? Did you get up on the cabinet after all?

Hugs...g

The Lazy Iguana said...

Skipper gets on my shoulder too. Actually he gets on everyone's shoulder. When I change the water in my little aquarium, Skipper gets on my back and then plops down to take a nap. He is good at not digging claws into my back.

Henny and Marlene said...

:D

Daisy, wear slippers the next time you try to jump on top of the cabinets. Then you have more chance on success to reach them because mommie can hold still herself and the camera.

Related Posts with Thumbnails