Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Mom Speaks!

The mom from The Kitty Krew tagged me for a Meme. Daisy and Harley both agreed to let me post today, so I will take advantage of their generosity. Here's how it works:
Either (1) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos OR (2) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos, OR (3) post a childhood picture of yourself.
I'll post the childhood picture! Actually, I have a few to show. First, you can see that I was born in the era of black and white photos. And I might be wearing Nurse Shrill's cap.
At least I had some fashion sense back then (thanks, mom). I still can't do anything with my hair...
I have all of my teeth now. I swear!
Here I am wearing the shirt I made in Home Economics class. Uh, and holding a rainbow trout. I will tag anyone who wants to play along to do this Meme. Let's see those photos!

Share/Bookmark

71 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Miss D, we can see that your mommy is a natural blond, and now has much better taste in clothes. We think she looks cute in all her pictures, I bet she laughed as she posted them.

Cheyenne -Millie said...

Thank you for sharing your photos! We love your beautiful blond hair!

Milo and Alfie said...

We love the photos ~ your Mom is Cute wiv a capital C.

Parker said...

What fun! I love your photos!

Amber-Mae said...

Mommy loves your shiny blond hair! Mommy would be too embarrassed to share her childhood pictures. I wonder why? Hehehe! Thanks for sharing!

Anyway, please come over to my blog & vote for the short film I acted in called FLASHES!!!! Thank you!

Smoochies,
"Famous" Solid Gold Actress

Forever Foster said...

A great meme:) Daisy, you were very kind to let your mum have a turn on your blog:)

The Florida Furkids said...

What a fun meme. Thanks for letting your Mom have your blog for the day - we enjoyed the photos. Our Mom was born in the time of black and white photos too.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

C. JoyBell C. said...

I also love how my mother dressed me up while I was growing...I always looked so classy...in all of my vintage pictures! I just love how I didn't grow up like a lot of the little girls I see today...running around looking like little tramps!

I looooove that hat on your head right there! And the little outfit! :)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Loved the photos. We will try to make our Mommy play, it would be fun to see some photos of her when she was little. ~S,S,C & F

Anonymous said...

We love the way your Mommie was holding that trout! Was she afrais it was going to start singing like the Singing Bass? hahaha!

Mom was born in Black and White and graduated to Kodachrome and grainy 8mm home movies. Our Auntie Lynda had them all transferred to DVDs a year ago and gave everyone in the family copies. They are truly askeery! hahaha!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh Daisy's mommy how pretty you are now all grown up from the tiny little blond flower you started out as. We love old photos and will probably take you up on the dare to post ours...

The Whiskeratti said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Hansel said...

Wow look at the color of that hair!

The Island Cats said...

Thanks for sharing those photos!! That was so much fun!

momsbusy said...

daisy and harley, you have a very brave mommy to post so many photos of herself from "back in the day". LOL

really blond hair like hers was tuff to photo outside in the sun i guess that made the hat a necessity. no hat = major glare. we had that problem w/ my youngest step daughter.

we enjoyed your mommys post. i may be hard pressed to find some photos to play this game. of course i will have to see if y2kt will allow me to borrow their blog.

Teddy Westlife said...

I am not sure why there is a trout in the photo? Your mum looks cute in all her photos.

Huffle Mawson

Mishkat said...

I LOVE these photos! I have some of myself that are very similar. Our house looked a lot like yours - were you wearing an Easter outfit in that photo? Also, I think I have the same hair in my first grade photo :) (I had cowlicks!) Thanks so much for sharing these - they are great!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Just lovely photos! These pics bring back lots of happy memories. Very impressive the fish photo, kind of makes me feel a bit hungry.

Happy Day Daisykins and Harleyskunk

Cory said...

Those are awesome...mom was tagged too and she still can't decide whether to go with the photo or the fun facts!

Sarge Charlie said...

were you good at taking tempatures when you wore nurse shrill's hat.

i beati said...

My scanner isn't working but I was wondering do they give trout if you make a nice top in home ec. I got as gold pin??

love the gloves a wonderful era

Anonymous said...

We really loved the pictures of you when you were a kitten, a very cute blonde kitten!

Mr. Grumpster Wilfred III said...

haha, you look grossed out by that fish. i bet it would be yummy to eat. my mom likes your hair pretty blonde hair.

Anonymous said...

love the first photo. That is just too cute!

The Kitty Krew said...

Lovely pictures, Daisy's mom! Thanks for sharing those. I wish I knew where my childhood pics are, I really should find out who "inherited" those when my mom sold our most-of-my-childhood home.

Hugs,
The Mommy of The Kitty Krew

Donna said...

I luvs ur Mom. Hi, Mom! :)

Tommy and Teaghan said...

It's great to see all dem old photos! Fanks for sharing. Reminds Mom of her old photos too. We'll haf to make her get some out.

The Meezers or Billy said...

you actually WORE what you sewed in home ec? it took me 2 YEARS to finish that pair of pants I tried to make. - MeezerMomMary

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i just love that photo with the little hat and gloves! purrfect! that must be where daisy gets her fashion sense!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo

Dma said...

is that daisy and harley i hear in the corner snickering?

JD at I Do Things said...

Oh, my goodness! What a cute (and then beautiful) girl you were (and are). Your hair! Gah! So shiny and pretty and soft. Promise me you'll never cover it up -- not even with a Nurse Shrill cap!

Anonymous said...

Love Daisy and Harley but really nice to get to know you.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Cute photos! Ah, yes, who among us hasn't posed for a picture wearing a shirt from Home Ec and holding a rainbow trout. It's like a rite of passage in the Northeast!

Puglette said...

ha! what a cutie!! i will have to scan in some of my old photos to see if i can play. i love your navy and white dress, was that for easter?
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

My human has some of those toothless photos too. I am happy to say she has all of hers as well. I keep hoping mine will grow back... Sigh

Chey

Shaggy and Scout said...

You sure she has all her real teeth, Daisy? They are doing wonderful things with implants these days!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We liked seeing your mum's photos Daisy and Harley. We were wondering if Nurse Shrill was better behaved than Mr.Shrill. She looks to pretty to be naughty like him.

Reese =^..^= said...

Awwwww, what a cutie pie. I think your Mom and my Mom must be from the same era--she has some of those black and white photos too.

Motor Home Cats said...

Those are very cute pictures of you. Now we wonder what exciting facts you are hiding from us - lol.

It looks like a fun meme.

Tara (not the cat & mom to Camie and her kitties)

The Crew said...

Thanks for reminding us that we ALL looked geeky! I never had the courage to wear anything I made in Home Ec.


Crew's Mom

Thoughts said...

LOL, I love looking at old pics like this. What a fun meme!

Jaime

Meghann said...

Oh my gosh you were the cutest kid ever! How sweet! The trout photo was interesting (dang you did a good job on that shirt!), and I love your hair, and I don't care that you can't do anything with it...I'll trade you for mine, lol.
How great to get to know a bit more about you!

brokenteepee said...

Oh my. The publicist thinks she had the same coat and hat as in your second photo. She knows she had the same white gloves. She was born in the era of black and white photos too.

Soon there will be no one that remembers black and white like so few people know what a record player is.

*sigh*

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

What great photos! Beautiful hair! LOVE THE FISHIE!

Unknown said...

It's so neat to see old piccys of our mom's. MOL

We has sumfin fer yoo Daisy and Harley!

Molly
Shadow
Trooder

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Mum says she was in the black and white era too. Loved to see yours. Would be good to do that when gets chance.

Hugs GJ xx

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Our Mom was born in the days of black and white photos, too. She said your photos reminded her of some of hers! This looks like a fun game!

Debbie said...

What fun photos, I remember when all the girls HAD to take Home Ec! (I was born in the ear of B&W photos too)

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Cute pics and great memories! Love the fishy!
--JB

jenianddean said...

Those are some great photos. I love the older pictures ... they have a certain quality to them that modern digital pictures lack.
--Jasper

Your Daily Cute said...

What cute pictures! I do love old pictures... they have so much more charm than pictures now, don't they? Adorable.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Would your Mom touch that trout now? teeheehee! Cute pictures!

Snowy and Crystal said...

your mommy looked so adorable guys :)

Plz thank her for sharing

Maltese Paws

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You don't seem at all sure about that trout...!

Mickey's Musings said...

Daisy & Harley, Mom was born in the era of black & white film too,heehee
Mom even had a hairstyle with straight bangs too!!!
WE can see where Daisy gets her fashion style too :)
That was a great meme!!
Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I liked seeing your childhood photos. I think the one of you in pigtails looks a little like Nelly Olson on "Little House on the Prairie."

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Very cute photos!!
... and how nice of the cats to share the blog today

Howdy from Hollydale :-)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry khute and khool to see!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

BeadedTail said...

What a fun meme and thanks for letting your mom post her pictures! She was a cutie patooty and we enjoyed seeing her as a little tyke!

SophieKitty said...

Your mommy sure is funny, Daisy. The shirt made in Home Ec class is priceless.

Lorenza said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures Mom!
i am going to tell my mom about this meme and i hope she can find some pictures too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh those are great photos - you are very brave because I don't know if I have the guts to post any of me when I was young - I might get kicked off the internet!

I love the "uh, and holding a rainbow trout" picture!

The Creek Cats said...

Loved your mom's pictures, Daisy!! She sure had great fashion sense!

Our mom was tagged too and posted on her creeklife blog.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Mommie you two have! Has she ever brought home one of those big fat Rainbow Trouts for you?

Sweet Purrfections said...

Looks like your mom was born in the same era as my mom!

Quill and Greyson said...

What? Sorry I was distracted by the yummy Trout!

You look yummy too!

The Furry Bambinos said...

Daisy and Harley, thanks for letting your Mommie borrow your blog! We loved seeing photos of her! She sure is a cutie! We'll try to get our Mom to do this meme too!

Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, and Cookie and Caramel (the fosters)

Lin said...

Uh oh, looks like we might have another contestant for a future Dork Off over at Duck and Wheel! Those photos are GREAT!!

Margaret Elmendorf said...

Those pictures are terrific. Our Mom is so old, that who knows where her child hood pictures are staying. They probably have rotted by now.
But she does really love your blog and your sense of humor. Mom loves to laugh so we all try to keep her entertained.

Kashim. Othello and Salome said...

Hi Daisy's Mom!

Momma liked the meme and did it too on her own blog: http://www.paulchens.org/?p=407
She said she had fun!

purrrs and kitty hugs to Daisy and Harley!

Related Posts with Thumbnails