Thursday, September 30, 2010

How Does THAT Work? Getting SPADED!

I had to put on my THINKING cap for a LONG time to figure THIS one out. I ALREADY explained how BOY cats get NEUTERED. Many of you wanted to know, WHAT happens to GIRL cats? Well, they get SPADED. I have HEARD it called being "SPAYED" but this is a spelling ERROR.
See, GIRL cats have a LADY GARDEN in their INSIDES. The GARDEN must be pretty BIG, which is why Daisy has a big BELLIE!
This is what the GARDEN looks like on the INSIDE. There are just REGULAR plants inside there until a BEE comes along to FERTILIZE the plants. One day, your mom and dad will EXPLAIN the BIRDS and the BEES to you. The FERTILIZER part is CONFUSING.
NEXT, the seedling turns into a KITTEN! They get BORNED after a lot of DAYS. But since there are ALREADY a lot of KITTEN plants getting BORNED, this is not always a GOOD thing. Maybe SOME cats use MIRACLE GROW!
MORE kitten plants are not NEEDED because not all kittens have HOMES. So, ONE DAY, the GIRL cat goes to a GARDEN CENTER. The GARDEN GNOME will use his SPADE to FIX the GARDEN. This is why it is called being SPADED. The spade REMOVES the GARDEN!!! But do not WORRY, because the girlcat will be ASLEEP when it happens.
Daisy is very SHOCKED to learn the REAL truth. But she got SPADED many YEARS ago. She probably FORGOT all about the GARDEN CENTER! It is a GOOD thing I can FIGURE out how stuff WORKS!

Share/Bookmark

67 Notes for Daisy:

Sparkle said...

You mean THAT is what they were doing when I was knocked out?! Wow, I had no idea!

Ann said...

Thank you Harley for figuring that out and sharing the information with us. I always wondered what gnomes were for. Gnome must be secret code for V. E. T.

Puglette said...

thank you harley for another informative post! i am going to share this with our puppy, penny. she will be spaded next month, i am sure this will help her, knowledge is power! but i will keep an eye on the gnome...they are kind of tricky!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Anonymous said...

Wow Harley, even Momma didn't know that and she's pretty smart. We're glad your posts are so educational!!

Teddy Westlife said...

Is THAT what happened to me all those years ago?

Kathy said...

Harley, I think these lessons qualify you to teach as an adjunct professor at the university where I work. Would you consider coming in to give classes? You would have to use a computer and it helps if you know PowerPoint. You can even use a laser pen, but you just can't chase the dot around when you're teaching. Call me.

Karen and Gerard said...

I like this explanation and am going to share about it in my "Things I Learned this Week" post tomorrow with a link back here so others can learn all about this procedure too!

Angel Simba said...

Wow, that explanation has so many parts to it - the Lady Garden, the Birds and Bees, the Garden Gnome. You are very smart to have been able to keep it all straight in your heard, Harley. Mine is swimming.

The Island Cats said...

Harley, after hearing that, we're glad we are mancats!!

Wally & Ernie

Forever Foster said...

They did WHAT?!?!?!?! :O
-Suey

Marg said...

Harley, you had Mom fall off her chair laughing. What a great way to explain spaded. So glad you helped us understand the garden inside Daisy which isn't there anymore. We need all cats spaded.
Have a great day.

Cara n Crew said...

Thankyou, Harley for that great explanation. We all got spaded too but we didn't realize what had really happened. Now we know!

-Pip, Smidgen, Minnie

Dma said...

thanks for clearing all that up for me harley. when it comes to that subject i know very little.

Hannah and Lucy said...

Harley is that funny little man with the red hat the one that SPADED Daisy? We wouldn't have liked him rummaging in our gardens with his SPADED.
Thank you for telling us all about this important health care.
Luv Hannah and Daisy xx xx

Clarissa said...

So that's how that spaying thing works. Thanks for the explanation, Harley. You are such a smart mancat!

OKcats said...

My goodness, Harley, you sure are good at putting together pieces of a difficult puzzle so you can explain things to us! Who would have thought it would have involved bees and a garden center with a garden gnome??

Anonymous said...

That is the BEST explanation we've heard on the Spading situation!!! You totally rock, Harley!!!

The Florida Furkids said...

We are always so impressed by your knnowledge. We knew some of that but had no idea about the Gnome!

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Unknown said...

Thank you, Harley-- this was extremely educational, and helped me understand what my cat Alice has gone through.

She has a big belly like Daisy. It must be the garden.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, no wonder us girls felt a little ouchie after dey knockeded us out!

Admiral Hestorb said...

Harley, you have it ALL down really well. I didn't know about that lady Garden or the gnomes but now I know what happened when mommy took me to the Garden Center and the Gnome spaded me with his spade! (you're right. I always suspected there was a misspelling with 'spayed').

Harley, no looking at bellie places. Or no commenting on them. Daisy might swipe you with her paw!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Thank you Harley for telling us how it works. We knew lady cats had a garden but didn't know how the spading worked.

AFSS said...

MOL, We loves the pictures you had to go along with your explanation. No wonder Artemisia is so good in the Butterfly Garden.

Raymond and Busby said...

YIKES! Another reason to be glad we are boy cats!

BumbleVee said...

Honestly! those darn garden gnomes... they are everywhere aren't they?? who knew?

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Boys!


Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Your erudition never ceases to amaze us, Harley!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are quite smart to figure that out Harley...

Your Daily Cute said...

Another mystery solved! You are clearly a genius, Harley.

Maybe we should put some of those garden gnomes around in some feral cat colonies... ;)

Shaggy and Scout said...

That was a very good explanation Harley! We wish more girl cats would be able to visit the Garden Gnome.

las794 said...

You enlighten us all, Harley! :D

Mr.Mews said...

And to think I thought you were talking about gardening... Lady garden, how clever!

BeadedTail said...

That was very informative Harley! Thanks for solving that mystery for us!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Harley! This is Gus from House of Cats - thanks for explaining this. Me and Stella got neutered and spade at the same time, but they made us be separate - I bet that is because she had to be at the garden center for a while! And oh, I can't even tell you how excited I am that you posted this today - I was going to ask about it because the girlcat I have a crush on, well, I think she is getting spade next week and so I was going to ask you to explain about it soon, so she would know what happened - but this way she will know and not be so scared!! You are such a smart mancat - I know that I can get the truth from you (I think sometimes my big brothers make stuff up to trick me!)

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Goodness! We are so very glad you taught us that!

i beati said...

very creative expla nation

brokenteepee said...

Harley, I love you.

Donna said...

O hai! :) I am glad to know that is how it is done. I can has learn. :)

Ivan from WMD said...

Harley, you just crack my mom up! And I had no idea how that worked because I'm a boy. (And glad I am!)

The Whiskeratti said...

What would we do without you to explain all this impawtant stuff to us, Harley?

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Harley, thank you for explaining that to us! We did not know all of that.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Harley!!! No more homework
Benny & Lily

Sweet Purrfections said...

Harley, you just won't do! What a creative way to think about this important topic.

Theresa111 said...

Harley,

This might just be the finest explanation about the birds and the bees, not to mention the garden center, that I have ever read. ice job.

Love,
Theresa

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Be careful of that Garden Gnome! He got at me with his spade TWICE an it dint werk right either time...

Ayla

Angie, Catladyland said...

Oh my gosh, Harley! Where would I be without your very helpful explanations? You are so smart and a very good teacher too!

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, pretty COOL!!!

Princess Treasure said...

Dear Harley,

Thank you for explaining The Traumatic Event. The visuals helped to.

And Daisy, thank you for letting him share this. It is very important information for us kitties to have.

HRH Princess Treasure

Mickey's Musings said...

Gee Harley, Tillie,Tiger & Georgia just fainted!! The did not realize that was how they got spayed, heeheehee
It does explain why Tillie & Tide also like grass ;) hahahaha
Purrs Mickey

SophieKitty said...

Harley, you are amazing! You've really outdone yourself with this report.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Your pictures are excellent. My sisfurs are all spaded and have never had any kittehs. Well, Jasmine had kittehs, but that was before she came to live with us.

I'm sorta glad I'm a mancat.

Great lesson!!
~ Napoleon

Lorenza said...

Harley!
Thanks for the explanation!
Sure you took your time with the research!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Just Ducky said...

Very interesting Harley.

GLOGIRLY said...

Harley, I don't know why, but Glogirly is laughing so hard she's having to wipe her eyes. I'm pretty sure she's not even laughing at me. All I know for sure is that I'm not EVER going to trust those crafty little garden gnomes. I KNEW there was something winky with them.

xoxo,
Katie
(Glogirly's Cat)

Jans Funny Farm said...

Well, that is an interesting explanation, Harley. Thank you for sharing it. Jan is rolling on the floor laughing. Wonder what's so funny?

JD at I Do Things said...

I always thought it was "SPADED" and not "SPAYED." Thank you, Harley, for explaining this mysterious process. (Has Daisy forgiven you for calling her "bellie" big?)

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Harley, you are so smart!! Thank you for the wonderful explanation!

Cory said...

Whoa...had no idea! I bet Jonesie knew because she knows all about gardens...and we have those spades in the shed. I don't remember the garden gnomes lurking about but I passed out before my surgery so I suppose I missed them!

Thank you Harley for giving us the real scoop!

Jans Funny Farm said...

PS - Buddy has been convinced he was farmed. We almost had him convinced otherwise until he read this. Now he's sure he was right. Girls get spaded. Guys get farmed. sigh

meowmeowmans said...

Who knew? Thanks for clearing this up, Harley. You are one smart kitty!

Katnip Lounge said...

Harley, once again we are awed by the breadth of your knowledge!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Harley, what would we do without you explaining all of these things for us. You are a wise cat :)

Whisppy said...

LOL! Harley, you've really made my day! I can't stop laughing at your post!

Anonymous said...

Hummm....what about the green thumbs?

Unknown said...

You are SO smart. You are so ingenious being able to explain such a complicated thing and turn it into such a simple thing so that we can understand it.
Thank you!

Ellen Whyte said...

MOL! Great post!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Amy sent us over to see the explanation today. May I say you are the BESTEST teacher, Harley. I must tell all the fosters to come visit you when it is their turn to have the lady garden spaded.

Related Posts with Thumbnails