Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Funnies!




Some of you were wondering why my Facebook Profile was deleted. Here is what they told me:

Your account has been disabled because we have determined that you are not representing yourself authentically on Facebook. Fake accounts are a violation of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. All accounts must abide by the following policies:

• You must provide your real first name and last name.
• Impersonating anyone or anything is prohibited.
• Profiles created to represent celebrities, pets, ideas, or inanimate objects are strictly prohibited.
• Profiles created for the purpose of spamming or harassing others are strictly prohibited.


PS: I am allowed to have Facebook Fan Page. I hope you will click on the "Like" button to follow me on my new page!

Share/Bookmark

53 Notes for Daisy:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We are very glad that you have a new FB Fan page, Daisy, and think that FB are totally silly in not allowing pet pages.

Purrs,
The Chans

Mr Puddy said...

COD ! I couldn't believe this " represent celebrities, pets, ideas, or inanimate objects are strictly prohibited."
They must be a NERD !!!!

Hugs
xoxo

one of Fae's humans said...

awww, sibling love....

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Bum-scrubbly! What a funny phrase. I never heard that before.

Harley, I hope you know how much that picture of you in the third frame makes me giggle. Your eyes are so BIG! Cracking me up!

Have a better week Daisy and Harley!

Barb said...

Facebook Terms have always said you had to be a 'real person' and use your real name, so it came as no surprise to me. I deleted the old DailyGs fan page ages ago because I didn't like how they behaved as compared to my personal page. I was stuck with it for my actual business page but I didn't "have to have" the cat's pages.

Very recently (a month or two ago?) Facebook made huge improvements to Fan Pages and I must say I rather enjoy them now! I hope you will, too, Daisy! Perhaps you will even allow Harley to have HIS own Fan Page!

Katnip Lounge said...

But Daisy, you ARE a real purrson!

FB is crazypants.

We hope this week turns out to be MUCH better for you!

The Island Cats said...

Well, we like being your fans, Daisy! We'll always be your furiends too!!

Wally wonders how soon his FB account will last??

Teddy Westlife said...

I had my mum like your Fan Page, Daisy!

Marg said...

That really is too bad that they deleted your page Daisy but we sure are glad to see you back on a Fan page. Take care and have a great week.

Lin said...

Criminy. What is the world coming to when they don't let you have an acct on FB??! And to think of all the knuckleheads on there!! Sheesh.

Link Bartholomew said...

We liked you on facebook. Sorry you lost your original page. Harley, you're my Marmie's favorite. You're such a happy go lucky guy!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are delighted you got a new FB page Daisy - we don't see why they had to go and change things.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

The Daily Pip said...

Yep, same message I got! The facebook meanies!

Your pal, Pip

Raymond and Busby said...

We're sorry you had a bad week, Daisy, and we hope this week is better. When does Harley get his own fan page?

Gemini and Ichiro said...

The good news is that now that you are a page, I can interact with you instead of leaving it to the Woman!

Dma said...

glad harley understands exactly what you are saying.

Kea said...

Well, what's the point of FB if you can't have your own page (i.e. in our names)? It's good thing the mom doesn't bother with FB at all, then! :-P

-Fuzzy Tales

Sweet Purrfections said...

I'm so glad you have a Facebook Fan page, but I can't believe that FB strictly prohibits something that represents pets! Doesn't make any sense. I guess I got by with it because mom used our last name. Who knows? They could come back and delete mine again?

At least I can find you on the CB.

Kali and Aswell said...

We thinked that be a dumb rule - and lots of peoples do it ...there are whole groups of cats and dogs on Facebook.

She sayed maybe it is because they wants to be able to tell advertisers that all those peoples are real peoples that they can sell too - but since cats and dogs can't type too good without peoples, that is a dumb idea.

Anonymous said...

That was funny!

BeadedTail said...

Daisy, we know you are lucky to have Harley as a brofur! :) We're glad you have a fan page now too!

Galletta said...

Daizy? Not real?? Did your mommy send them your registration papers ?? Hmmmph. If FB tries that with my page, my beans might just do that. Just scan G's registration papers which clearly show his registered name which means he IS REAL!!! Kitties are no fakes peoples. We iz peoples too!

Random Felines said...

Mom knows what you mean about luck - she is pretty sure one of her relatives ran over some Murphy guy and now she is paying for it. MOL

Weird about those facebook peoples.

Cat said...

Hi Daisy, sorry to hear about your facebook page. A couple of years ago my nephew had a page for his cat Mitzy and FB deleted his also!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Now I have bad luck. I just tried to change my last name and FB rejected it. I am now Jb Bean on FB! Whatever.
--JB

CCL Wendy said...

How ridiculous! About the Facebook page, that is. Well, okay, Harley's kind of ridiculous, too, but that's par for the course.

The response you got from Facebook looks like one of their "canned" answers. I absolutely hate it when that happens.

You have people on the help desk who are trained to respond with these pre-written answers, and they never tailor them to your specific situation. You might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Sparkle said...

Facebook is totally silly about not allowing cat profiles. Bah! Anyhow, I posted about your new fan page on my FB fan page, to help get the word out.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Bah humbug!
All you who already had pages should have been "grandfathered" in and new ones directed to the fan pages.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Poor Daisy! I'm glad you're able to have a Fanpage on Facebook :)

LP said...

We love the word bum-scrubbly. It sounds dirty but clean too.
Poor Harley.One day Daisy will recognize just how lucky she is to have someone to bat around.Heehee.
the critters in The Cottage

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We sometimes use our mom's FB page to talk to our frends...if we can't be frends den we'll be fans. We were fans anyway. Facebook is sometimes silly wif der rules. A cat can't haf a profile but dogfighters are on der all da time.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're glad to see you back on FB. We don't understand the name thing. After all, Daisy TheCurlyCat IS your real name!!

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Well, yes, it was a rough week for you Daisy! We are so very glad you can have a fan page! We have already "liked" you. Silly Facebook! What is wrong with having a page for us animals?

Ann said...

There must have been something in the air because I had one of those bum scrubbly weeks too.
Lets hope this week is better for all of us. :)

brokenteepee said...

You have had that page for a long time. You were not spam. You are not even a pig

M Dawson said...

Sorry Daisy. I do not consider the 'response' of "Facebook" to be acceptable.

Hang in there girl We will ensure you are the best FAN PAGE ON PACEBOOK

Tamago said...

LOL! Yes Daisy, you always have Harley :-)
I don't do FB but they sound so strict to close your page with such reason. I'm glad you have got FB fan page.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WE hate weeks like that! Does that mean that all pet FB pages will be deleted?

Jacqueline said...

We hope you adorable friends have a much better week!...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Your Daily Cute said...

Things can only get better, Daisy! That means this week is going to be extra super fabulous.

I can feel it!

Donna said...

Hoomans can be very silly sometimes. I has clicked 'Like' on ur new page. Thank u! :) {{{Daisy}}}

Quill and Greyson said...

People are so silly, of course you're real!!

Gigi said...

Aw, Daisy, that policy is so unfair! Why, it's....it's....it's SPECIESIST, that's what it is! My Human knew there was a reason she never liked Facebook!

i beati said...

Well crap How do I find you there?

Lorenza said...

Sure I hope this will be a better week!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Asta said...

Daisy
That is the most widicoolous thing FB is doing..the stoopid foundew's doggie has a page, and so do a whole bunch of othew fuwwfwiends..It's awbitwawy and discwiminitowy
GWWWWWWWW I think I should go bite them fow you.

Now Daisy, I think having HAwley is GOOD luck
smoochie kisses
ASTA

ShanimalsCrackers.blogspot.com said...

...they should also delete profiles for babies. But NOT cats.

Anonymous said...

Oh Harley you are such a sweet kitty. You and Daisy are a cute couple.

Jude the Dude,Poo,Babybella,Piper & Marley

Cathy Spicer said...

So glad you were able to create a Fan page and I'm happy to find you there and here. I didn't realize they were cutting accounts. I wonder if FB founder Mark Zuckerberg's dog (Beast) lost his profile too??????

Ariel said...

"What"??? that's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We loved your last comment Daisy! Do you think Harley caught on?

FB is bein a bit silly to prohibit us cats!

domain registration said...

I love this blog. It's really interesting that Facebook have many fan pages for the pets and they are active also. I also want to make a page for my pet.

The Furry Bambinos said...

We are very sad and upset that your Facebook profile got deleted. Hoompf! We liked your Fan Page, though.

Purrs,
Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, Cookie, Caramel, Sunny, and Sky

Related Posts with Thumbnails