Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas at a cat rescue shelter

Yesterday, we started Christmas a little bit late because my Mommie was helping at the cat rescue shelter in the morning. I did not mind because those cats are very nice, and they do not have their own famblies yet. To celebrate the holiday, they got to eat food called Thanksgiving Day Dinner by Merrick. It is very good Stinky Goodness, and all the cats liked it, but I think what they really, really wanted for Christmas was their very own forever home.

Here is a picture of one of the great cats at the shelter. His name is Laurel. He has a brudder named Hardy, but I do not think they know any comedy routines. He is a very, very nice cat. He is just waiting for someone to take him home!

These are even more cats havin' fun on Christmas day. Look, the black cat on top is trying to get the calico cat! heh heh heh...

Here is another cat who must live at the shelter. Her name is Baby. I like her very much. She had a very hard life, and almost died! She was less than 4 pounds when she was rescued, and her sister died. She was my foster sister and lived at my house for a couple of months. I know you will not believe this, but I even gave her a couple of my toys. It is true! Baby would really like to have a regular home.

If you are in the south Florida area, and you would like to adopt any of these great cats, or make a little donation, you can find them here at Cats Exclusive. Just tell 'em Daisy the Curly Cat sent you!

Share/Bookmark

6 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

we sure hope those kitties get good homes soon. our Lady volunteers at a shelter too, and it's so sad to see all the homeless kitties.

LZ said...

Oh those are very nice kitties! I hope they get homes soon! We eat that kind of stinky goodness and it is very GOOD! That is so nice of your mom to help out with the other kitties.

Kaze

Lux said...

We don't live in Florida, but I sure hope all those cats find their forever homes :::crossing paws:::

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Oh Daisy... so many beautiful cats. I'm glad they got special stinky goodness for Christmas.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We hope those cats find their forever homes soon! Your story makes my mom want to go out and adopt a shelter cat, but sadly, my dad is allergic to most breeds, and Sphynx don't usually end up in shelters (especially not in Germany) so we can't.

It's so wonderful of your mom to help other kitties! :)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Wow ... What a wonderful group of cats. We hope that they get fur-ever homes, too ... And we wish them lots of luck.
DaisyMae Maus

Related Posts with Thumbnails