Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen edition #2









My BIG New Year's Resolution is to be a nicer cat. Here are the 13 ways I will do that:

1. I will always keep my claws IN when I am playing
2. I will not tease Pixie. As much.
3. My teeth are to be used just for food and flea-pickin', no biting! (note from Daisy's Mommie: she is an indoor cat and has no fleas; she just likes to do that picking thing with her little teeth)
4. I will not be so envious of Skeezix's great wardrobe. (This one will be hard)
5. I will only do rabbit kicks on my toys, not on beans or other cats (sorry, Pixie)
6. I will stop trying to steal licks from Mommie's ice cream bars; after all, she always lets me lick the stick when she is done!
7. I will stop begging for new toys, because I already have a toybox full of toys I do not use
8. I will not be a squirmy-wormy when my Mommie cleans my ears or cuts my nails
9. I will be more careful in the litter box so I do not track bad things all over the house
10. I will not play with the mail, or lick the adhesive on the backs of envelopes before they are used
11. I will not cry to go up on high places where I am afraid to jump down
12. I will share my toys with Pixie. This one will also be very hard.
13. I will not play with lizards. Ok, I will play gently with the lizards. Ok, Ok, I will probably play rough with them, but if their tails fall off, I will try to glue them back on after.

PS: I am learning that it is very hard to turn over a new leaf. I have already broken 3 of my resolutions. I will not tell which ones though. (Sorry, Pixie).

Share/Bookmark

16 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great resolutions Daisy! I need to work on 8 and 9 too. Good luck with all of them!

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Like I told the Meezers, I don't need to make a list, because I am purrfect! (Momma just shook her head) Good luck though, I think you are setting your standards kind of high; taking all the fun out of being a cat.

Patches

The Meezers or Billy said...

It's ok if you has broken some of them, - it's not New Years yet. You're just getting them out of your system!

Gemini said...

Oh purhaps I should make a list... I'll have to go and get to it!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Miss Daisy

It is gud to start early and see how hard they are to keep. Maybe do an updated list a'fore New Years!

Grrr--8 list!
~Abby

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Ha, ha. I wish LT would follow some of these.

Skeezix the Cat said...

This sownds like torcher! If it makes it any eezier on yoo, yer welcome to kuntinyoo to be jellus of my wardrobe! (I cood never in a millyun yeers give up rabbit kikking!)

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

well daisy,
doze ar sum grate rezolooshunz.
wut'z a lizard?
luv--yer frend--jh

Mo and The Purries said...

Aw c'mon, tell us which ones you've already broken!
And when do we get to see you with more lizards?!?

Unknown said...

Daisy,

we'll trade you the mom that lives here's heated blanket for a lizard!! Don't tell the Mom that Lives Here though!!

D
J
CC

Daisy said...

The next time I get a lizard, I will post a picture. I must be fast though, because Mommie takes them away from me when she finds them.

Emma's Kat said...

Daisy, you are too cute! I love you T13 Resolution list! But, thirteen resolutions are really hard to keep! So, only breaking 3 of them is not that bad!

Anonymous said...

YOU GOT LIZZERDS! WAY COOL!!!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Forget the resolutions! Ya gotta live a little!

~Jake

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh, Daisy ... Your resolutions are HARD ones to keep. I should know ...

Mom told me that I could only make one resolution and that I should try really hard to keep that one ... I'll likely break my resolution sometime on January 1st. It's really hard to be nice when other cats can be so colossally irritating. Good luck with yours ... Buy some band-aids for Pixie ... She might need 'em.
DaisyMae Maus

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Daisy...

You're funny. When you become a cat of a certain age you will stop making resolutions because you will stop putting pressure on yourself. It really makes life much easier -- well -- maybe not for Pixie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails