Thursday, February 22, 2007

My new Sea Monkey pet!

Even though my Mommie said that the Sea Monkeys were not good pets, I decided to do some more research. I think she might have been wrong! Because I found out that they CAN do tricks:
__________________________________________________________________________

From The Handbook:

Trick #1: Sea-Monkey Hypnotism
As Sea-Monkeys® are light responsive you can just move a light back and forth and they will respond Turn off all the lights in the room. Hold up a candle or a flashlight. Move the light around and issue commands to the Sea-Monkeys® such as "move left" or "move right". For instance, if you move the light to the right the Sea-Monkeys® will move to the right. If you move the light to the left the Sea-Monkeys®...well, you get the idea. The book suggests that you use some type of "patter" such as "Binky follow my light, you are now hypnotized" and use such jokes as "What do you feed a 2000 lb Sea-Monkey®? Whatever he wants!" to entertain your audience. I would suggest avoiding such terrible jokes as the Sea-Monkeys® might all throw up and die! Try stealing jokes from Seinfeld or the Simpsons for a better response.

Trick #2: Acrobatic Sea-Monkeys
Put your Sea-Monkeys in a box to prevent almost all light from entering to the aquarium. Make sure that you are in a very well lit room.Wait at least one hour for your Sea-Monkeys to adjust to the new lighting, and gather all who wants to view, when everyone is ready, tell them they are going to see your Sea-Monkeys become very active and 'perform' acrobatics instead of just swimming around slowly. When ready, remove the box and the Sea-Monkeys will now be exposed to the light. Instantly, the Sea-Monkeys become very excited and start to swim faster, and do flips, turns, etc., creating the illusion of acrobatics.
________________________________________________________________________

So I have decided to get a Virtual Sea Monkey, on a trial basis. If he is good, I might get my very own REAL Sea Monkey! Because I would like to try to hypnotize my Sea Monkey.












Meet 'George'
my adopted
Sea-Monkey!

Share/Bookmark

10 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, George the Sea Monkey.
What a cute pet. He seems pretty active.
I think this is a great practice pet for you. Too bad you mommy won't let you have a pet lizard. That would be fun....
No... George the Sea Monkey is a good pet for you Daisy :-D
<3

LZ said...

Wow, that's really cool! What a great idea to adopt a sea monkey. Maybe if you take great care of George you can get a bigger pet in the future. How about a bird??? YUM! Oh, I mean FUN!

Kaze

Skeezix the Cat said...

Do yoo know that sea munkeys have a web site? It's heer! I'm gonna save up my allowinse and git sum! Thank yoo for this informutive post!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Professor Daisy, do yoo know if See Munkeys are whut's in Ben & Jerry's Chunky Munkey Ice Kreem? Cuz the Food Lady and Mr TF eet it all the time,and I woodn't wunt them to eet George by mistake.

Unknown said...

Daisy, our Mom that Lives Here calls her baby bean Monkey a lot.Could he be related to your George? Maybe he's a sea monkey and not a 2legged kitten after all!!

D
J
CC

Artsy Catsy said...

Daisy, you are so cute and funny! (You, too, Skeezix - Chunky Munkey LOL!) Thanks for coming to see my Pink Lady outfit - I tried really hard to find a good one so you would be proud of me!

Lucy

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

They would all die in Bad Kitty Land is what the human says, because if it moves we attack. And we don't need a murder charge on our record. Well, not for Sea Monkey pets, but George is cute. I guess we play too rough and are not allowed any of our own pets, except snakes. We have to let them go alive tho and can't keep them. Maybe if we put them in a cage like George has??? Hmmmmmm

Good Morning to You Daisy and Pixie!

Karen Jo said...

George looks like an interesting pet. He moves around a lot and is fun to watch.

OreotheCat said...

Awwww..Abby said shes always wanted a sea monkey...im gonna ask for a realone for my birfday! Take care and i hope George and you work out!

Mo and The Purries said...

How cool is that!
A Virtual Sea Monkey!
I used to love having real ones.
I bet virtual ones last longer!!!

cheers,
Not The Mama
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Related Posts with Thumbnails