Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #9

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here are thirteen pets my Mommie has had:

  1. Her very first pet was a bunch of snails that she kept in a jar when she was a very little girl. I have been thinking I might like to get some snails for my very own pet.
  2. Then she got some of those little turtles. There were three of them: one for her, and one for each of her brothers. Her turtle was named Myrtle. When they went outside in their little pond to get some sun on their shells, BIRDS PECKED THEIR HEADS OFF!
  3. Her Gramma got her some Sea Monkeys. You just add water to make them come alive. These were a disappointment, because she found out they were not really monkeys. They were not even very cute. They did live in the sea though. The Sea Monkeys never even did any of the tricks they showed on the back of the comic books. Just FYI: the x-ray glasses were a disappointment too.
  4. Then she had an apricot toy poodle. His name was Andy. Or Andrew. Or Rooney.
  5. When she went to U.C. Davis, she lived in a dormitory. They allowed small pets. So she got a guinea pig. Her name was Mrs. Bill, named after the character on Saturday Night Live. One day Mrs. Bill chewed up the arm on her jacket. Ohhhh Noooooooo! Mrs. Bill!
  6. The next pet was a hamster. His name was Percival. You could call him Percy for short. He made a big mess in his cage. And he stuffed his cheeks with food. What a nut!
  7. Then there was a gerbil. His name was Skippy. My Mommie lived in California at the time, and it is illegal to own a gerbil there. So she went to Nevada, bought one there, and smuggled him across the border! I guess he was an outlaw gerbil.
  8. Next was the first cat. It was a black cat named Slinky. She was a stray kitten, and my Mommie got her from the U.C. Davis Veterinary school. Slinky eventually got diabetes, and had to have insulin injections every day! And she went potty on the carpet. She was bad.
  9. Then there was the great Haiku. She was a very beautiful chocolate point Siamese, and my Mommie loved her very, very much. She got kidney disease and died when she was only 4 years old.
  10. There was also a big fish tank full of African Cichlids. I never got to meet them, but I guess they were very pretty fish. A Loach lived with the Cichlids. When they moved away from California, the fish did not go with them. Since this was almost 20 years ago, the fish are probably not still alive. But I am not sure.
  11. Then my Mommie got Cricket. He was another chocolate point Siamese, and he was a very sweet cat. Sometimes she called him Crickettoni. He lived to be 16 years old. But my Mommie wished it was a lot longer.
  12. Next came my big sister, Pixie. You already know all about her.
  13. I'll bet you can guess who is the last, and very best pet. You are right, it is ME! Daisy!

Share/Bookmark

28 Notes for Daisy:

Jane said...

Except for a few fish I have only had three pets. My first siamese- Lotus died when I was 3. Then we got Niki a very naughty dog, who ran away every day. We had to put him down because we lived near a highway and it was getting to hard to contain him. He scratched the mail carrier and she sued my parents. Then we got Kitten a seal point siamese who lived to be 20 years old. Now I live in a pet free apartment. Oh wait, I did have a gerbil for a few months in fifth grade, but Kitten was the pet of a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

This is a great long list of pets, many years, many many memories too, and I bet they were all loved.

I am so glad you and Pixie are with your mom now.

I hope you have the very best Thursday ever!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hi Daisy, yoor rite! Yoo and Pixie are prolly da best pets yoor momma effur had.

Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, your mom has had a lot of pets! Before I came along (and before my dad came along) my mom had Siamese cats too! Her Whiskers lived to be 19 years old (two months short of 20).

LZ said...

That is a great TT! I don't think the LL could do a list like that as she doesn't remember the names of all of her fish and she really hasn't had that many cats. I didn't realized your Mommie had Siamese before, that is really cool!

Kaze

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Oh you are lucky 13! That is very cute, just like you and Pixie.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

Furry gud list! Momma told me that she had her furst dog until she wuz 19 and it wuz furry hard to loose him. She also had little piggies when she was growing up and some mice. But the furry best wuz when she gotted me! *grin* Momma and I have a furry furry speczial bond 'tween us.

Abby

Unknown said...

Our Mom has had lots of pets, too...She started bringing them home off the street when she was 4. Our Mimi said that she knew they would have to keep the kitties, because it would have a name before my Mom got home!!!

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Daisy! Gosh... your mommie sounds like a very wonderful person for having all those pets. Our woman likes pets too.

Thanks for dropping by today. We missed you, too.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Our mom had Sea Monkeys too. She also had Sea Horses for a time.
Very nice list!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Wow - yer momma loves animals! Our Mommakitty used to have a toy poodle name Tou-Tou who live to be 19! She was furry spoiled and had painted toenails!

Christine and FAZ said...

Good list but you and Pixie are the best in my book. FAZ

p.s. Daisy, I am glad you said I was fading away cos someone else said I looked fat (obviously I deleted that comment in case the humans saw it). Whilst you're studying hoo hah hectomy or whatever it's called maybe you could also study lip-poo suction for my thighs and a tum-me tuck for my tum.

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Ha I remember Sea Monkeys.

Your poor turtles!!! :-o
My turtle I had when I was young ran away. Yes, it ran away and we did not find it. I'm the only person in the world with a run away turtle LOL

I hope that Thursday Thirteen doesn't go away. I contacted Leanne and I'm determined to rescue the thirteen if I can!

INAMINI said...

Your Mom certaimly has had a wide variety of pets. My Mom has only had cats and a dog.
LOKi

INAMINI said...

Your Mom certaimly has had a wide variety of pets. My Mom has only had cats and a dog.
LOKi

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Wow! Sanils! Birds pecking heads off turtles! Outlaw gerbils! Your Mom has had lots of excitement in her life!

Karen Jo said...

Your Mommy has had lots of neat pets. I had a turtle named Myrtle when I was young, too. My brother had a turtle name Timmy. One year, the day before Easter, we took them outside to let them play in the grass and Timmy ran away. We looked and looked for him, but couldn't find him anywhere. Easter Sunday we woke up to a deep snowfall and thought Timmy was gone for good. Then in June, my Mom was clipping the grass by the fence and found him. He sure was glad to be found and fed.

I want to thank you for stopping by my blog so often and adding me to your links. I really appreciate it.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi mom'z first pet wuz a toy fox terrier named ...

PIXIE

laffin an laffin!

no gerbilz in cal-i-for-ni-a? intrestin.

Forty Paws said...

That's a wonderful list Prof. Daisy!! Owr Maw had doze turtles too, but her's dint git their heads pecked off!!! Wowwee.

Luf, Us

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Hi Daisy and Pixie, Our Human wants Birds, she always had those flying rats with wings around and talks about getting more. We wouldn't mind. And she had snakes too and rabits and goats and horses. We bring her snakes to play with but the husbandman is skeeerrrrred of them.

Sending Purrs and Loves -

Zed The Headless Monster Kitty Cat!

The Lee County Clowder said...

I don't know what is more interesting.

That California bans gerbils. (any one know why on earth the did that?)

Or that your Mommie smuggled a bootleg gerbil into the state.

dan

Anonymous said...

Wow that a long list.My mommy had alot of pets too.

Tara said...

What a great list! Mom wemt to UC Davis too! And she had lots of pets, turtles, rats, ducks, tarantulas, dogs, cats...her last siamese before me, Tia, lived to 18.

And Dad always teases me when I'm bad that his is going to trade me in on a gerbil. Now I can tell him gerbils are illegal in California! But he has seen them in the pet store at our Mountain house, which is in Nevada!

Tara

The Cats Stephens said...

Your mom went to UC Davis? Our mom went to UC Santa Barbara! She said when she went to visit all the schools when deciding on college she visited Davis and it smelled.

Purrs,
Emily

Skeezix the Cat said...

I always make the Food Lady reed yer blog becuz it's a fun thing we can do together, and she reely krakt up reeding abowt the See Munkeys becuz See Munkeys were menshund in the book she was reeding beefore she wint to sleep last nite, and the book sed ixzaktly the same thing that yoo did! And I never noo abowt See Munkeys beefore! Yer blog is vary edjukayshunul!

Unknown said...

I'll probly git in trubble for telling this storey, but owr lady and man used to have slug pets. Slugs are like snales, but they don't have shells. Win they woke up evry morning, they notist thare were slugs in the rain box in the downstares peepul litter box room. After a few howrs, the slugs disapeerd down the holes at the bottum of the rane box. Late at nite, like after they wint to bed, the slugs came bak and klimed up the wall of the rane box. They were always gone by abowt 7 in the morning.

The lady and man don't like to kill any creechers. And they did sum reeserch (on the innernets, of korse) and discuvverd that the slugs were eeting mikroskopik stuff off the walls of the shower, and in fakt, sum peeple employ slugs to do that werk. They stopt using bathroom kleener in the rain box becuz they didn't wunt to poizun the slugs, and the slugs kept the shower purrfiktly kleen. But then win the cat sitters came over, she had to ixplane how to not kill the slugs in the rain box. And of korse, the lady gave them all names. Win they mooved, they reely werried abowt the fate of the slug famly on Sunshine Avenoo.

And Pixie, yoo look way better in a pink robe than I do!!!!

Mo and The Purries said...

That's an awesome list.
I did a similar list not too long ago for a Thursday Thirteen!
Undoubtedly, Daisy, you & Pixie are the best.
Even though I laughed out loud when the birds pecked off the turtles' heads! (Sorry, Daisy's mom!)
Thanks for sharing this great list with us!
cheers,
Not The Mama
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Related Posts with Thumbnails