- Her very first pet was a bunch of snails that she kept in a jar when she was a very little girl. I have been thinking I might like to get some snails for my very own pet.
- Then she got some of those little turtles. There were three of them: one for her, and one for each of her brothers. Her turtle was named Myrtle. When they went outside in their little pond to get some sun on their shells, BIRDS PECKED THEIR HEADS OFF!
- Her Gramma got her some Sea Monkeys. You just add water to make them come alive. These were a disappointment, because she found out they were not really monkeys. They were not even very cute. They did live in the sea though. The Sea Monkeys never even did any of the tricks they showed on the back of the comic books. Just FYI: the x-ray glasses were a disappointment too.
- Then she had an apricot toy poodle. His name was Andy. Or Andrew. Or Rooney.
- When she went to U.C. Davis, she lived in a dormitory. They allowed small pets. So she got a guinea pig. Her name was Mrs. Bill, named after the character on Saturday Night Live. One day Mrs. Bill chewed up the arm on her jacket. Ohhhh Noooooooo! Mrs. Bill!
- The next pet was a hamster. His name was Percival. You could call him Percy for short. He made a big mess in his cage. And he stuffed his cheeks with food. What a nut!
- Then there was a gerbil. His name was Skippy. My Mommie lived in
at the time, and it is illegal to own a gerbil there. So she went to California , bought one there, and smuggled him across the border! I guess he was an outlaw gerbil. Nevada
- Next was the first cat. It was a black cat named Slinky. She was a stray kitten, and my Mommie got her from the U.C. Davis Veterinary school. Slinky eventually got diabetes, and had to have insulin injections every day! And she went potty on the carpet. She was bad.
- Then there was the great Haiku. She was a very beautiful chocolate point Siamese, and my Mommie loved her very, very much. She got kidney disease and died when she was only 4 years old.
- There was also a big fish tank full of African Cichlids. I never got to meet them, but I guess they were very pretty fish. A Loach lived with the Cichlids. When they moved away from
, the fish did not go with them. Since this was almost 20 years ago, the fish are probably not still alive. But I am not sure. California
- Then my Mommie got Cricket. He was another chocolate point Siamese, and he was a very sweet cat. Sometimes she called him Crickettoni. He lived to be 16 years old. But my Mommie wished it was a lot longer.
- Next came my big sister, Pixie. You already know all about her.
- I'll bet you can guess who is the last, and very best pet. You are right, it is ME! Daisy!