Saturday, February 17, 2007

Photo Hunters #6: ANTIQUE

The Photo Hunters theme this week is antique. Do not ask me why, but my Mommie collects antique monkeys, and organ grinder monkey memorabilia. Here is an organ grinder monkey's hat, and the special leather hatbox it goes inside of. A REAL monkey used to wear this hat. Here is another kind of organ grinder monkey's hat. This one is made of felt instead of leather. And this is the little cup the monkey would use to collect his coins in. There is a special lip on the end of the cup so the coins wouldn't fall out if the monkey was not careful. Those monkeys must have been dumb to lose their change!
And here are a bunch of old wind up monkeys. Each monkey does a different crazy thing like: comb his hair, tip his hat, or move his baton. Of course, my favorite is the clown monkey!


Share/Bookmark

39 Notes for Daisy:

Waspgoddess said...

what an absolute cutie (the cat). my cats are still number one, but only just :)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, very cool Daisy. :) That's neat that your mom collects those things! I agree, the monkeys couldn't have been too smart to lose their change!

Anonymous said...

Wow - how different is that!! And way cool!!!!

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

Wow! A real monkey wore that?!! I bet it smells very interesting!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wow daisy ... yer mom reelee likez to monkey arownd duzzen't she!
wutta collekshun. da monkey hoo wore da hat in da first pikshur musta been verree big. lookit dat hat next to u!

Hootin Anni said...

This is wonderful!
Well now Daisy...tho you're the most beautiful on the blog---you tell your meowmie that those monkeys are darn nifty!!! Great antiques------
My antiques photos have been posted. Happy weekend.

Viamarie said...

Very interesting pieces you have here.

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I have never ever seen anything like this. These items are very very interesting.
I especially like the shot of you and the hat and box. You are a good kitty.

Have a fun Saturday

Fat Eric said...

That is a furry unusual collection your mum has. My mum wonders where one finds such things...on eBay? at collectors' fairs?

Daisy said...

Fat Eric: Almost all of them came from E-Bay! The leather organ grinder monkey's cap came from an on-line live auction of "Americana" collectibles.

Forty Paws said...

Very interesting antiques you have there Professor Daisy! And quite an educational post today. Thank you for the information!

Luf, Us

Linda said...

Your mommy didn't monkey around when it came to getting great pictures for this week's theme, did she? I know ... bad, really really bad but I couldn't help myself!

Monkeys kind of creep me out, and clowns even more so, but that's just me - I must have had a bad monkey and clown experience in another life!

Anonymous said...

Those monkeys are kind of scary!

Spoon of life said...

How much for the antique cat?!;)

M.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well daisy honey i think you are right. now why would she have those things. much better to collect something interesting. like feathers, or catnip toys, or stuff you like, right? what's wrong with her? want me to pay her a little visit and tell her what she should collect to make YOU happy? cause i'll do it you know.

smiles, auntie bee

Tara said...

Those are some interesting things to collect...I'm afraid I'd just chew on the leather. But I'd really like to see them worn by a real organ grinder with a real monkey! Tara

Shaggy and Scout said...

MOM! We want an organ grinder monkey to live at our house.....Oh come on Mom....he can help you with the chores, and the extra change he gets will help get more stinky goodness!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Quit monkeying around and show us some antiques!

:)

Very cool stuff...

OreotheCat said...

Oh yes ive already told mommy i needed new outfits...but why stop with one? i told her i needed four new ones!! she said shed she what she could do for my birthday...we dont have very many pet friendly clothing stores up here, so i hope Mommy can find me at least ne cute outfit!
~~~~Oreo~~~~

Kimo and Sabi said...

That's some crazy stuff! Do you gets to play wif the monkeys?

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Oh Our Comment Didn't show up!

Hi Daisy and Pixie, our human says her grantpa collected monkies too and she loved seeing the pictures - they bring back some good thoughts for her.

We would probably just get into trouble if they were around. I would have to taste them and Biscuit would surely blip them to the ground.

Thanks for the Votes! The Girl Kitty Cats Rule - however... that Merlin Cat has paid Mad Child to vote for him, again. She is a snot face teenager is what the human mom says.

Sending much love and purrs - Riot and Biscuit.

Oh and PS.., Zed says MEOWZA and thank you for your purrs, he is feeling a bit better today and says to tell Daisy 8 more days and she can help him do his itchy removal surgery!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

what an interesting collection!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Do yoo or yer mom know if organ grinder monkeez make a lot of munneys? This mite be an intristing career path that I wood wunt to persoo. (Did yoo notiss how industreeyus that makes me sownd?)

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Very interesting choice! I like it!

Piggy and Grover said...

Wow! That's a very cool collection! The monkeys are a little scary...just a little. Do you ever try to knock them over? I would. I'd get in trouble for it, too, but I'd still try it...

Daisy said...

Hmmmm, everyone seems a little scared of the monkeys. I wonder what they do at night? Maybe they wind themselves up. And then they escape from their shelf. And then they might come after me... Aaaaaahhhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

I just showed Christina (my oldest daughter) your bloggie. She thinks you are really cute too, Daisy.
<3

TorAa said...

As an antique breed, you know better than the monkeys. he-he put on this monkey hat. must have looked very antique.

=^.^=

Anonymous said...

its funny how a lot of people seem to like monkeys - great collection.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Daisy. That's a lovely collection of monkey stuff. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Jake said...

Hello daisy,
Great to see you and your friends. The Valentine's outfits were very amusing.
love Jake and Tibbles, UK

Tommy and Teaghan said...

That's reely cool antique stuff yur Mom collects. Way better than some of the stuff owr Dad has. Maybe yoo could wear dat monkey hat and try to get some change too?

Mo and The Purries said...

Daisy's Mom ~
That is a great collection, and so unique. I just collect antique bottles!
How on earth you got real monkey hats, I'll never know, but I think that's a cool collection!
Thanks for the comment on my "antique" photo hunters post!
cheers,
Morgen
(aka Not The Mama)

Lux said...

I'm amazed - your mother collects really unusual things! (*I'm not scared of monkeys because I'm The Whitest of Boys.)

Andree said...

That is the most unusual and creative collection I have seen in a long time! Those must be very difficult items to collect.

Anonymous said...

neat display -- who would have thought of collecting such things but it is certainly nice to see them.

Unknown said...

I've never seen those monkey figurines before. Look quite antique :-)

Sunflower said...

That is so cut!

Have a nice weekend!

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Both yours and Dragonheart's photo posts reminded our mom of her 1991 trip to Germany with Grandpa. Mom saw her first and only organ grinder and monkey on that trip, in the city of Schwerin in Mecklenburg, which was in the former East Germany and near where Grandpa was born. She felt like she was in another era there.

~J&B

Related Posts with Thumbnails