Sunday, February 11, 2007

Rubbernecking Sightseeing

My Mommie usually takes me out in my stroller about three times a week. I am always craning my neck looking at all of the interesting sights. Lately, I have been hoping I might see Skeezix out in his stroller, but no luck yet. I think we might need to go on a little bit longer stroll to get to Skeezix's house. So far, I have never strolled far enough to get to a different time zone.
You never know what you might see from your stroller. For example, look at this stuff I saw this week! Do you know what it is? It is called "Dog Vomit Fungus." It is not really vomit though. It is a kind of slime mold. Yeck! Do not try to eat this. Sometimes I see better things. Like these pretty birds getting a drink of water. I wanted to chase them, but I was locked into my stroller for safety. If you biggify this picture, you can see one sticking his beak in the water! This is the TPC golf course where they used to hold the Honda Classic.
And here is a dragonfly I saw. He was BIG. I asked him his name, but he wouldn't answer. He might not have been alive. I wanted to poke him with a stick to make sure, but I couldn't reach him from the stroller. Even with a long stick. I tried throwing that little twig at him instead, but I missed. I wonder what Skeezix is doing today....... ::sighs::

Share/Bookmark

23 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

What a wonderful time you have sightseeing in your stroller. :) My mom says that when summer comes to Munich, I'll get to go out in a stroller too! I can't wait! :)

Thanks for sharing the photos of your stroll. :)

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Hi Daisy!!! I think a stroller is such a brilliant idea. My human slave father says me and Mao should be allowed out but the human slave mother isn't too keen on the idea. She couldn't bear it if something happened to one of us.

It looks like fun on your strolls though! Love the pics! xxxx

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky to have that big stoller room for safety, and that you can go out for adventures.
"wildly fun!"

Caesar and Prinnie haave only been outside twice in their whole lives, but that was not intentional :-D
The worst time, Prinnie slipped quickly out the front door and ran across several back yards and under the neighbors icky spiderwebby deck... I went under there and retrived her *shivers*

I hope you have a wonderful happy day. Enjoy some of your cake! There are leftovers, right?

sammawow said...

Your stroller looks like great fun! Our Lady will only let us go out to our screened-in porch. But sometimes the Dad takes us out front to sit on the bench with him on his lap.

Are you having leftover cake today! That was quite a beautiful cake.

China Cat & Willow

Daisy said...

We do have some leftover cake! Pixie and I are going to have some more after lunch. (My Mommie says no cake until after I eat my regular food. If it was up to me, I would eat nothing but cake).

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Boy, what fun that stroller must be. I wonder if it would hold all three of us......

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Your neighborhood is so scenic. My mammacat thinks that Katie would like a stroller to go outside in. (I would probably be scared and pee in it) Maybe you and Pixie can stroller up here, we are in the same time zone! Bring a lizard to play with if you come over! I have never seen one!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

p.s. was the cake good?

Daisy said...

Icon, I been tryin' and tryin' to catch a lizard so I can put a leash on him and make him my pet. No success yet.

The cake was delicious!

Tara said...

I'm so jealous, what a neat place to get to go out in, and its not raining! Mom's not sure if she is going to get me a stroller or not, I'm pretty active, and I think the harness works better. A lizard on a harness sounds like a neat idea! Tara

Spoon of life said...

I think it's so cute that your Mommy takes you out in a stroller!!!
Enjoy it:)

M.

OreotheCat said...

Hope you had fun sightseeing! Maybe one day your mommy or daddy will take you so far you see Skeezix! And Happy late d-day! i tried to tell you last night but my blogger wasnt working to well! Good luck to you and Pixie in Miss Litterbox, you both have great pictures!

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Daisy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. The humans have been travelling and I don't have my computer!! It's hard to blog without it!

Kimo and Sabi said...

What a lovely stroll you had - we can't wait to get a stroller :)

Skeezix the Cat said...

We have a golf korse by my howse - it's beehind the big forest! Maybe it's the same one! I'll have to git the Food Lady and Mr TF to take me stroling thare and maybe I'll see yoo!!!!

BTW, I think Kismet's sister Sophie wood probly eet the dog vomit fungus. She likes eeting chunks.

Anonymous said...

Dear Daisy, the dragonfly"s name is George. Love, Grandma

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh oh, momma sez to see Skeezix yoor momma wood hafta walk for weeks. Ware yoo lif looks beyootiful (exept fur da dog vomit!) we has a golf course by our howse but it wood be to far fur mom to walk. Yoor travel adnenshurs iz alwayz intresting.

The M's said...

Very good stroller report.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi mom went to investigate da strollerz at da pet shop ... i woulden't need one becuz i'm a indoor/owtdoor. she jus wanned to see wut dey look like.
i have a golf course neer mi howse. maybe yer walkin in mi nayborhood.

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Oh I found a way past the bad browser and we can comment again! YAY! I am glad you had an excellent Birthday Daisy. And Pixie, we boys all voted for you. The girl Bad Kitty Cats were looking at the other boy Kitty Cats and didn't want to make a scene mooning over Icon. Of course I Zed Monster am having crushy lovey thoughts about Daisy and you. But don't tell Jezebel. We hope you win Pixie!

Your stroller pictures are great. NO SNOW! Wait, I don't know what that is.

Happy Sunday to you both!

Z Monster

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We have a stroller exactly like yours! We wish it were warm enough to go out here. You are very lucky to live in the warm.

Happy Birthday!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Looks like you have exciting times when you are out strolling!

Anonymous said...

Daisy,
that is one huge dragonfly!
they must grow 'em bigger where you come from! I love your stroller adventures!
your pal,
Daphne

Related Posts with Thumbnails