Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #8














I would like to introduce you to thirteen cats at the no-kill cat rescue shelter where my Mommie volunteers:



1. This is Baby. She is very special, because she was a foster cat in our house for a while. She has had a very hard life, and almost died. Baby used to weigh only 4#. She has gained weight now, but she gets sick a lot. Poor sweet Baby, we love you.





2. This is one of the kittens, Lady Heather. She had ringworm for a while! But she is better, and now she has been adopted. Yay!







3. This is one of the new kittens. He is very friendly and cute. I do not know his name yet. But he will probably be adopted very soon.











4. My Mommie is holding another kitten, Sarah. She is the sister to Lady Heather. She had ringworm too (the kitten, not my Mommie). Sarah has already been adopted by the same people who adopted Lady Heather!!







5. and 6. Batman is the cute orange kitten in front. Behind him is Toonces. He knows how to drive a car!











7. This is Silly. His brother's name is Putty. They are still looking for a home too.







8. And here is the sweet Koda. He looks kind of like Skeezix. I think they might be cousins or something. My Mommie always gives him extra hugs and kisses. He can't be adopted yet because he got sick, and then he got a skin infection. Everyone loves Koda.





9. Here is Laurel. He is Hardy's brother. They like to hang around where the action is!









10. This is Sassy. Her coat is beautiful. She was very shy at first, but now she has come out of her shell. I hope she gets a home soon.







11. This is Cricket. He has been at the shelter for a long time. He is a little shy. Here he is waiting for dinner. And his forever home.






12. His name is Peep. He hangs around up top with the feral cats. I think he has a very handsome, expressive face. And he loves Temptations!









13. Meet Chrissy. She is a beautiful calico!





There are actually over 70 cats there, so this is just a very small sampling of the wonderful cats who live at the shelter waiting for their forever homes.



Share/Bookmark

33 Notes for Daisy:

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
yer mom iz a grate purson fer workin at da shelter.
koda duz look a little bit like skeezix. dat'z why yer mom givz him sum extra luvin.
mi favrit iz cricket. he needz to leev da shelter an get a nice warm home like mi matsui did.
luv--jh

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

They are all lovely cats! I hope they find Forever Homes soon. It is so good of your mom to work at the shelter. My mom wishes she could foster or adopt another cat, but she can't because of my dad's cat allergies, and Sphynx don't normally end up in rescues.

Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful cats with us. I hope the ones who haven't been adopted yet find wonderful Forever Homes.

Raggedy said...

What a wonderful idea.
I liked all the cats but Sassy was my favorite. It is so great that you are taking such good care of them.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Christine and FAZ said...

Daisy, they are all so lovely I wish we could have some more cats to look after and love. I may even be prepared to share some of my food with them. I will speak to my human to see what she says. FAZ

Jenni said...

Silly and Laurel look the most intrigueing to me! They're all lovely though! xx

Anonymous said...

Their all so cute. #2&4 look like me:)

Anonymous said...

What a great place to work, with all of those fuzzy sweetie puffy kitties.
I would have a difficult time choosing one of these kitties.

Thanks for sharing these kitties. They look well cared for and loved. I really hope they find a new home soon.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

It am so nice dat yur Momma werks wif all dos kitties who have no Mommie. She sure is a furry gud Momma to do dat. WE hopes all dos kitties find their forever home furry soon.

Abby

LZ said...

They are all wonderful cats! I really hope they find forever homes soon. Your mom is really great to work with those kitties. The LL used to volunteer with shelter kitties and she wishes she could do it again.

Kaze

Forty Paws said...

Hi Daisy,

Doze r wunnerful pikshurs of da shelter poodins. Owr Maw broughted da nasty ringworm home wid her wun time frum da big box pet store Luv A Pet center wen she uzed to volunteer. Haf ov us gotted it. Efen Maw got it.

Dat is gud of yur Mom to volunteer. It is hard yob.

Luf, Us

Fence said...

They're all great looking cats. Hope they all find homes

Anonymous said...

Oh great, now my human says Chrissy and Sassy are so pretty and they would be so happy here...

...and I have to point out that those cats are very far away; they are used to warm weather, not the cold stuff here in Pennsylvania...

...and oh by the way... you already have Good Cats who like things the way they are. Sheesh...

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Ooo, cute kitties. Yoor mom iz furry nice to go work der. Our mom brings little babies home, uzhooaly wif der mom's but sumtimes she hasta bottle feed dem. We loved yoor dress frum Skeezix, he does haf a wunnerful fashun sense.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

They are so sweet! Give your Mom extra headbutts for taking care of those sweet babies! Meowm wishes she had Bill Gates (whoever he is) money so she could take care of tons of kitties!

Spoon of life said...

I want them all!!!

M.

Anonymous said...

awww - what a bunch of sweeties. your mom must smell really interesting by the time she gets home. when our Lady volunteers at the shelter, Cocoa rejects her till she showers and changes her clothes.
Grr

Mary said...

I love kitties so much, I wish I could take them all in. :O) Happy 13!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Oh we love Cricket, he kinda looks like Bubbles. We hope they all find good forever homes sson.

Hot(M)BC said...

Yore Mommy is so speshul for werkin at tha shelter. That's so nice of her. We hopes all the kitties gets furever homes soon!
Purrrrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee, Boni, Mini, Pepi and Gree

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Hi Daisy. I do admire your mum for working in a no kill shelter. I am not sure but I think there are similar policies where I live. I think all of those cats are beautiful and truly, if the human slave won the lottery, I know she would open a similar shelter!

The Crew said...

What a great lookin' bunch of cats. Sassy looks like my brother, Max and Cricket reminds me of my guy, Speedy! We hope they all find forever homes.

Your friend
Misty

Gene Bach said...

Best cat I ever had came from an animal shelter. Had him for 15 years.

Gene

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Our Momma says she wishes all kitties could have good furrever homes!!

Patches

Skeezix the Cat said...

Koda's my faverite. Are yoo going to adopt him?

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I love them! I love all 13 of them! (My mammacat volunteers her time and stuff at the shelter I was adoped from. I'm glad she does, cause that's where I found her!)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

What furry lovely cats your momma gets to work with. We wish that we had some room to 'dopt some more, but we have six in our family already ... Mom says that we've "bagged out limit."

It's good that the shelter has your momma doing good works.

DMM

The Lazy Iguana said...

Your no kill shelter needs a cat named "Bojangles".

The Fluffy Tribe said...

That is a great Thursday 13 list Daisy ~Merlin, SHadow, ko ko

Tara said...

What a wonderful TT! Those are all lovely kitties, and all deserve a forever home! Tara

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Oh what loverly Kitty Cats - Sassy looks like our Elijah. Sigh... It's good your mama helps out at the shelter! And that you all share her too! So very sweet.

Sending Kitty Love to all these beautiful Kitty Cats and to you Daisy and Pixie... Riot Zombie!

Karen Jo said...

You have a lovely idea for a Thursday Thirteen. All of the kitties look great to me. I hope all of them find forever homes soon.

Piggy and Grover said...

My mom wishes she could bring all these beautiful sweeties home. We are praying for wonderful new homes for all of them! Your mom is so generous of spirit!

Anonymous said...

Golly, your mom is an awesome bean to do this volunteer work!
She is an inspiration!
Maybe I can tell my Not The Mama that he needs to do something like this, too!
Give your mommy extra snugglies and purrs for me to say thanks on behalf of all us kitties!
your pal,
Daphne

Related Posts with Thumbnails