Saturday, March 10, 2007

Photo Hunters #9: Architecture

The Photo Hunters theme this week is: architecture. Can you guess what this structure is below? It is my very favorite structure! I think you guessed it - it is my wonderful SCRATCHER! From this picture, I think it looks maybe 100 feet tall.
It is perfectly designed for my every need! I can stand tall and scratch and it does not tip over.
I can climb all the way to the very top! (using your chin is a climbing trick I learned)
And I can sit on top and have a good view. It is covered with some kind of sisal that is so strong, it can withstand my toughest scratching and still look good as new! I love my scratcher.
You might not think my scratcher is a very impressive piece of architecture, but I think it is flawlessly designed!

Share/Bookmark

51 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great scratching tower Daisy! :) You are a very talented climber. Using your chin is very smart and creative! You look lovely perched on top of it!

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Daisy. That's a nice structure. I'm sure it caters well to your needs.

Thanks for sharing.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh daisy it is lovely and you sitting on the top is the best shot! you cutie pie you....

auntie bee

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your take on the theme!!!

Have a great weekend.

Sasha said...

Daisy, you look very athletic on your post.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely adorable!
And to you, I bet that architecture is the Taj Mahal. Great photos.

Sasha said...

Daisy, I just watched your catnip movie. Lynettea says you can come over any time. We have a lot of catnip growing in pots, so you won't have to pay anything or wrestle with the packet. She might even rub some on your fur.
Your friend
Diamond

Lazy Daisy said...

Awww Daisy girl, that is a very important structure in your life. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hehe great architecture Daisy! You're such a great climber! Nermal wishes he could climb like you, unfortunately he's too fat :D Happy Hunting!

Anonymous said...

Cats are great judges of architecture!

roman said...

Now that's a good eye for architecture, there's nothing more fun then finding a great piece and still be hours of enjoyment.
:)

H/H
Happy Hunting

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Oh Daisy, architecture of your very own! How nice!

Anonymous said...

super nice picture of the empire scratching post!! It is superhigh up and you look great sitting on top.

I hope you have a happy day.
((hugs)) to you and Pixie

Daisy said...

Hahahaha! That is what I am going to name my scratcher - The Empire Scratching Post!

Gattina said...

Daisy on her Empire State Building ! What a nice tower !

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

dat iz a grate scratcher ... an a award winnin photo uv it.
mi mom likez dat scratcher fer mi noo brudder matsui. ware did u get it?
ps--i jus lost mi entire sidebar! (duhr) i mite need da help uv mcskeez ...
i'm weepin heer!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Daisy, we love your Empire Scratching Post, and we're gonna tell Mom that we want one too. Mom told use that most of the taller ones at the store looked like they could topple. Like Jeter's Mom, our Mom wants to know where you got a sturdy one like that.

~J&B

Daisy said...

O'Jeter and J&B,
You can find out more about this scratching post by clicking here. It is really the best post I ever had, and it's almost like real furniture, really sturdy and heavy.

Anonymous said...

Nice architecture for a cat. :)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Daisy that is a lovely Scratcher! Very nice climbing photos too. Great take on todays theme :)

ribbiticus said...

hahaha! you are one lucky cat! great scratcher! mine's up too! ;)

Spoon of life said...

It looks like you really enjoy it...I wonder if Ben would like it hmmm...


Maria

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Daisy, that's a great view you've got at the top!

Thanks for visiting today!

Linda said...

What better piece of architecture could a cat ask for than a top-notch scratching post? I bet my cat would like one, too!

Mo and The Purries said...

Daisy -- that is an awesome scratching post! I love it that it's perfectly Daisy-sized on top for perching!
And how cute are you, using your chin as a climbing aid?
I should look into getting this scratching post for Jazper. The soft paws are NOT his idea of fun!
cheers,
Morgen
(aka Not The Mama)

Tara said...

Great and awesome post! You look so cute on top of it!
Tara

Andree said...

Daisy! I am amazed at your photography abilities! You took a great shot so that I can see what you see up there. Great work!

Forty Paws said...

Daisy, we are continually amazed at all of your abilities!! Using your chin as a climbing aid, going on safaris, making movies, demonstrating stroller safety, helping with surgeries, making your daddy a pencil holder. The list goes on and on!! You are so talented!

Luf, Us

srp said...

Daisy you are a character! The kitties here, at least the one photographer Clover, should have taken a picture of their friend Max's house. His grandpa designed it with a covered porch and everything. Max is their dog friend.

That tower would make the kitties here very nervous. None are very good at balancing on such a small top.

Thanks for stopping by.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi Daisy! i agree that cat scratchers are amazing architecture. Yours is very nice. I missed your fashion Friday yesterday and you looked lovely. Pixie had a nice message for Icon too!

Karen Jo said...

You have a wonderful scratching post. It's a great example of cat architecture. I love the idea of calling it the Empire Scratching Post.

Unknown said...

Daisy, do yoo think the wite rat saw yer kliming post pikchers and wint to yer howse to do sum kliming? I still can't find him, and the peepul do not seem to even notiss that he's not heer. Me and Rocky are gonna go owt looking for him.

Lux said...

Well, I, of course, am *way impressed with your scratching post, Daisy! It's perfect!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Love your scratching post, Miss Daisy! We have kitty condos and a perch for scratchin' (plus one of those Alpine scratchers) ... We've never had one like yours. Mooooooooooommmmm ...?
DMM

Kitikata-san said...

Daisy! That is a very tall scratchy post you have! You are queen of the world sitting on it!

Kimo and Sabi said...

You need to get shredding' on that thing girl!

Jose said...

Hey to each it's own, as long as the architecture serves your needs (which in your case it does perpectrly) that's all that matters. Sometiems sipler is better... right?

Anonymous said...

Part of good architectural design is functionality. A piece of architecture could be beautiful but if it doesn't suit the purpose what good is it? Your scratcher has both functionality and form, therefore it fits the criteria for good architecture. Well Done!

Durward Discussion said...

Daisy,

You reminded me that my guys and girls really need a scratcher. They love climbing in the windows and on top of the bookcases, but that just isn't the same as trimming those claw.

Unknown said...

Yep, we think you should get those stairs, and put one of those one the top!

PowersTwinB said...

Oh daisy, you are such a lovely lucky kitty! I love your take on the theme today! Thanks for visiting my photo today

a fluffy feline friend said...

Wow, that's the tallest scratchy post I've ever seen!

MaoMao said...

Wowie, whatta cool scratching post! And you look so cute sittin' up top of it. That's definitely my kind of architecture!

Anonymous said...

Great take on the theme. Thanks so much for sharing Daisy!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I WANT ONE!! But I'm a big guy... I'd probably make mine fall over.

Tiger Lily said...

I love your Empire Scratching Post and you look so beautiful sitting on it!

sammawow said...

Oh Daisy, we love your scratching post and you look so cute sitting right on top of it! You are certainly brave and clever to climb all the way up there!

Purrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Sunflower said...

That's definitely a nice architecture!

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, Daisy, I knew it! :) I thought Daisy has a scratcher, I take the house for as long it is in one piece. :)

This is pure architecture for cats!!

Have a wonderful weekend and greetz from Marlene and the curly cats from Holland.:)

caspersmom said...

Just love your scratcher Daisy. I want one like it. Wish Mom would get us one. Mom keeps saying she would like to get one of those things where we can sit on and look out the windlow but I never see it. She says they cost a lot of money. Whatever that is, who cares just get one.

That pink tennis sweater looks good on you but the look on your face looks like it says something else, like..........get this off me.

Casper

Spoiler said...

Love that scratching tower. Catsby's looks puny beside it.

I'd like to participate in Photo Hunters but can't figure out how to add the button to my blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails