Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Still trying to get high!

Even though I am very good at climbing, I have still not been able to climb to the top of the kitchen cabinets by myself. This is very frustrating. Usually I cry and cry and cry to try to convince my Mommie to lift me up there.Or, I just walk all around, looking up to try to figure out a way up there. But it is too high for me, even though I am a good jumper.
Here is a scheme I had that did not work out. Because the ledge is only about an inch wide!
I am not giving up. I know I will figure out a way up there somehow! Maybe I should see if Skeezix will teach me some of his rock climbing tricks....

Share/Bookmark

34 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

You are an excellent climber Daisy! Good luck figuring out a way to get on top of the cupboards! I'm only allowed in the kitchen when my humans are also in there, so I haven't tried climbing the cupboards.

Yes, my mom and dad put the Soft Paws on me, and it was fairly easy. I actually answered your question in full on my blog!

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Good Morning Daisy! Oh that's very high to be climbing. Please be careful. But Riot says it's not that terrifying. She is our roof kitty cat and we are not sure how she gets up there yet. Maybe she will share her secrets with you.

I, Zedekiah Monster, am still in time out, for playing in the pink candy dish, but it did not break. So I must hurry before I am caught on the compy machine. The Human is napping.

If you find a way to the top do not break anything. Or you may have to spend some time out with me.

Purrs - Zed Monster!

Anonymous said...

Your Mommy's kitchen cabinets look very pretty. Don't go getting them scraped up trying to get to the top!

Now that trick of getting on top of the mirowave is very athletic! Next step, a tightrope?

Tara said...

You look like you are trying so hard Daisy! But be careful, wall climbing is dangerous! I love how you can walk on that skinny little ledge.
Tara

Shilgiah the Cat said...

What a great climber you are Daisy! I used to be a super jumper and climber when I was young. My mom used to always freak out when I went way up high. Great job walking across the one inch top. Next try tops of doors (that used to be my favorite trick).

Christine and FAZ said...

Good luck Daisy but be careful. I can see you have a good head for heights but this looks like a dangerous mission you are on. Remember, if you do fall, to land on your feet like we're supposed. FAZ

Anonymous said...

Too bad you cannot get up there by way of the fridge. That is how caesar gets on top of ours. Prinnie does not get up there anymore... :-( too creaky.

I think you better be careful, Daisy ::shakes pointyfinger::

Have a fun day and give your sister a gentle hug.

Storm & Mocha said...

We's really like to climb high on our cabinets too. We're able to get on top of one of them cuz we can jump from the stove to the fridge to the top of the cabinet. It's a very nice vantage point of our domain.

Unknown said...

Good Morning, Daisy!
Do you have a ledge on top of those cabinets that you can jump to and see from the ceiling??? That's fun!

LZ said...

Wow, you are very determined! I bet you'll figure out a way to get up there. Chase just jumps from the counter to the top of the cabinets. I think he has springs for legs.

Kaze

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

That looks like fun...I know there must be a way to get way up high...ummm can you get to the cold box? Ping has learned if'n he wants to get way way up high he jumps on top of the cold box. Momma has been putting stuff up there to keep him from jumping though.

Abby

Daisy said...

In our last house, I could just jump straight from the refrigerator to the top of the cabinets. This house has cabinets built all around the fridge, so I can't even jump on top! It is a very big challenge.

Forty Paws said...

Poor Daisy. We can get up there by way of the top of the refrigerator. Too bad they foiled your plan with cabinets around the fridge. It's very warm on top of the cabinets. Yup.

Luf, Us

Unknown said...

Daisy, we bet that Skeezix would be thrilled to teach you his rock climbing skills!
We sit on the microwave and sometimes Dazey gets to the fridge but then she gets "GetdownnowDazey"!

The Meezers or Billy said...

that's kind of like my plan to stand on the ceiling - i almost get there, but i can't quite reach it

Anonymous said...

Don't give up Daisy.I kept trying and now I can climb all the way up on the refrigerator.Yet I'll admit once up there I get alittle scared and mommy has to help me down.

Anonymous said...

Not The Mama says: Daisy, your mommy has a beautiful kitchen!

Daphne says: Wow, look at you perching on the one inch ledge! You go, girl!

Jazper says: I like high places too! i think you almost had it there with the ledge. By they way, you look very cute in the ledge shot. Mrrroww!

~ your friends @
Purrchance To Dream

Anonymous said...

I would get yelled at if I did that! No one would help me get to the top. I do find that that the counter to the fridge to the top is good...

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We can't climb on top of our cabinets 'cuz of somfing called a sof-it. Der is like a wall all above da cabinets! Yeah, our howse is old and mom and dad neffur did any remodeling 'cept fur some lites and seeling fans. Keep trying Daisy, yoor furry good at dat stuff~Speedy

Victor Tabbycat said...

I'm not efun aposed to get on the counters. If they don't want me on the counters, they should leave the dirty dishes an food stuff on the floor.

I hafn't checked, but I fink our cupboards go alla way to the sky.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You're doing a great job Daisy! Keep working at it and you will figure it out. Meowm doesn't know it, but I jump all over the place while she is gone all day!

The M's said...

You are lucky that you have places above your cupboards, ours goes all the way to the ceiling.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, your coloring matches the cabinets and the tile. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

our cupboards meet the ceiling, so there's nowhere to jump up. plus, all the bags of Temptations are at our level, so we haven't been interested in going any higher in the kitchen. the living room's another story...

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hmmm ... You are much like Charmee. He likes to get high, too. He tried to leap from the 'frigerator onto the upper cabinets: He leaped, he grabbed, he missed, he fell onto the stovetop (luckily it wasn't "on"). He's also been on the fireplace mantel and gotten Mom REALLY mad at him. You and he should get together to swap leapin' strategies ...
DMM

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, I see that thare are small grooves on the kabinits. If yoo git sum nice pink toenales installed, yoo can wedge yer toenales into the grooves and pull yerself up. It's eezy!

The Lazy Iguana said...

My calico cat likes to jump on things. And knock stuff on the things she jumps on to the floor.

Fred the fat orange cat will jump on stuff, look right at you, then swat stuff to the floor with his paw if he wants to be fed and you do not get up.

sammawow said...

My hihgest place is the refrigerator where my own private water pitcher sits. Our cupboards go up to the ceiling so the refrigerator is as high as I can get. China Cat is not much of a climber anymore. So we share a water bowl on the floor too.

Good luck getting on top of your cabinets - I think that you will figure a way to do it!

Willow

INAMINI said...

Daisy, you are very nimble. It probably helps that you have such a good figure! Climb on!
LOKi

Tiger Lily said...

You look very determined Daisy! I'm not supposed to get on even the counters but I keep doing it. One of these days I'll try for the cabinet tops.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
yer a grate climber ... an u look verree byootiful on da microwave ...
i climb up on da cownter ... but after dat ... dere'z noplace else to climb.
luv--yer frend--o'jete

Just Ducky said...

Take your time and figure it out. The highest spot I can get to is the top of the cold box. Plus, be careful of the hot as hell box. We don't want you to burn your paws.

Anonymous said...

Ah, to be young and agile again like you, Miss Daisy... :-)

Lux said...

I have every faith that you are going to make it up there, Daisy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails