Monday, March 5, 2007

Strolling Adventures: How to build a LAKE!

Going out in your stroller can be fun and educational! For example, on this trip, I learned how to build a lake.
See, first you gather up lots of very big trucks. But do not get too close to them, because they could SMASH UP your stroller.
Then, you tell the trucks to dig a very big hole. Even bigger than you would dig to cover your poopies in the litter box.
Look, I went right to the very edge of the yawning chasm! And I SURVIVED! Because the brakes were on.
I do not know the next step, because the lake is not done yet. Maybe you just wait for rain.




Professor Daisy's tip for cats: Building a lake is hard.





Bonus: Since today is also Movie Monday, click HERE to see one of my very favorite videos. This is a cat who REALLY knows how to talk The first time I saw it, I watched the video, well, twenty-three times! Really? Really? Really? Really? Really?......

Share/Bookmark

35 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, lakes can be built?!? I thought they just existed, I didn't know that people actually built them!

It sounds like you had quite the adventure in your stroller. :) Mom's asked for one for her birthday (it's this month) so I can't wait until it arrives!

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Good Morning Miss Daisy, what a fine adventure you have been on! Oh how we would love a lake in our back yard! Catching fishy and birds... oops we mean to watch the fish and birds. Maybe some alligators would visit!

Purrs...

Hot(M)BC said...

Good thing you had the brakes on, Daisy. Let us know what you find out about the rest of building a lake.
Purrrrrrs,
your bud Pepi

Anonymous said...

Oooh, is it at a golf course? I hope the alligators stay away!

Anonymous said...

That orange kitty can count and talk. That was a very impressive video. I watched it three times.

I loved learning the details on this adventure, Daisy. Watching construction is exciting... remember we have a lot of it here too.
I am so glad you got to go out in your stroller.

I hope you and Pixie have a wonderful day. Be gentle with your big sis <3

Forty Paws said...

Oh goodness Daisy! You always have such wonderful adventures! We're glad you have brakes on your stroller. Make sure your mom takes it to JustBrakes and have them inspected periodically so they don't fail when you need them!!!
We watched the video and several poodins had to come check out what was going on!! It was so exciting!

Luf, Us

LZ said...

Wow!! That looks scary. I wonder if they build rivers the same way? I'll have to check for big machines next time I go down to the river. That is if we ever have warm weather again.

Latte

Shaggy and Scout said...

We are askeered of those big noisy trucks. But the lake will be a peaceful place to stroll by when it is all done.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like quite the stroller adventure!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

That was very informational. I would have been very scared to be right at the edge, you are so brave and calm.

Abby

Anonymous said...

I think we need to have a serious talk to our mother about a stroller. It seems we are missing many educational opportunities.

Side note:

consider yourself and Pixie {{{{hugged!!!!}}}}}

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow, effury time I visit yoor bloggie I lern sumfing! That video was really, really interesting. Sadie sometimes says 'momma' when she wants something and Zippy stands by the door yelling 'meoutside' but dats all da talking we do.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I can't wait to see how the rest of the lake is built!! I have never seen a lake before. Unless you count the time the parking lot flooded.

Unknown said...

Oh, Daisy, you know how it is...A guess there's no denying we're all a little ::whispers:: "kinky"...

::blushes::

Purrs,
Kaia

Victor Tabbycat said...

What always gets bigger, the more you remove from it?
A hole!
I fink we're gettin a lake by my howse, but it's where the 4-wheeled monsters roll frum our land to the big scary street. It's not stroller whether here yet, efun if I had one. Too much cold an snow an ice an cold puddles.

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, a whole lake!! we has a big empy spot 'ahind our house, maybe I can get mommy to build a lake.
i watchded the video and I fink that the kitty was really saying "birdie" - but that's just my opinion. - Miles

Daisy said...

Miles, I watched the video again, and I think you are RIGHT! He is saying "twenty three... birdies...birdies...birdies..." He is very smart to be able to count that high!

Kat 3 said...

Thanks for your help, Daisy!

I can't believe you got so close to the chasm! So scary! You are brave.

-Kat 3

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Hi daisy! Is it really that difficult to build a lake? I can't imagine but I expect your claws could potentially get full of mud. not good for a fine lady like yourself xxxx

Anonymous said...

our Grandma and Grandpa live next to one of those lakes the big machines made. they even put yummy fishies in it!

my e-mail address is kch917@sbcglobal.net regarding The Pink Ladies info.
Grr

The Crew said...

Daisy, you're so brave!

Skeezix the Cat said...

YOO ARE SO BRAVE!!!!!!!! I wood wet my pants if I got that close to the yawning chasm... and my stroler has good brakes!

Skeezix the Cat said...

I have a qweschun abowt lakes. Yoo know, the one in owr bak yard is a nice neet rektangul shape with pritty bloo water, but this lake looks derty, and it duzn't look like it was deezined vary well becuz the edges are all jaggy and thare's mud evryware. Do yoo know if thare going to make it into a nice neet shape and put pritty bloo water in it, or will it be dun once the rain puts water in it, and all the jaggy muddy parts will stay?

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks impressive! You're the first kitty who I've ever seen going out in a stroller! What a wonderful idea! Don't get too close to the lake though, soon it's going to be filled with water!

Daisy said...

McSkeezix! This lake is going to stay all jagged and dirty! And eventually, fish and alligators will get into it. Then I will not get so close to the edge. It is not for swimming like yer pretty lake.

Do you know how fish get into it? BIRDS fly above it with fish in their claws, and the fish or their eggs get into the water! Then, the alligators come.

Every time when we go strolling, we check out the progress on the lake.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is furry ixciting to see how the lake is made. We haf had so much rain that the bottom of some of our fields haf turned into lakes. We wuz furry inchrested watching dat talking kitty.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
thankz fer da lesson on how to build a lake. verree intrestin.
but more intrestin wuz dat videeyo ... reelee it wuz ... reelee ... reelee! i watched it 23 timez, too!
dat cat talkz more dan mi brudder mickey ... an he never stopz talkin!
luv--o' jete

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,
That looks like it's going to be one big lake.I love the video that cat is amazing.

momsbusy said...

daisy yu ars a fery brave kitty to get that close to the edge of that lake.

yuki & kimiko

Ivan from WMD said...

Good that you were safe in your cool stroller! Stay safe, Daisy!

Rascal said...

What a great lake. Too bad you had to be in your stroller. Of course your stroller is nice to. I'm just saying it's too bad you couldn't get out and go inspect it and see if any fish live there, or frogs, and what the water tasted like.

Anonymous said...

Wow I really love your stroller Daisy! Looks like the lake will be a pretty place for a stroller ride when it's finished :)

Tara said...

Wow, a lake! How cool is that! I'd love to do patrols around that!

And I loved the video! I tried to talk back!

Tara

Karen Jo said...

You get to see such interesting things from your stroller. If it rains a lot where you live, maybe that will fill up the lake. I loved that talking kitty. I think he/she might have been counting birdies, too.

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Daisy, you got a stroller? Where did you get a stroller like that? I want one for the Spice Cats at home too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails