Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Monster Trucks and Lakes

We strolled by the lake again this week to check out the progress. The Monster Trucks are still there.The hole for the lake keeps getting bigger! It rained a little this week, so some water got inside the hole too. And look, they put up a safety barricade. I think they might have seen me in my stroller getting too close to the big hole. Strollering can be risky.
This is another lake that is being built. Here you can see a different kind of Monster Truck that makes lakes, too. It has a long arm with a big mouth that hangs off the end. The mouth drops into the water, and scoops up lots of dirt and spits it out on the side. Then, you can play in the very big dirt pile.

And look, I saw George the woodpecker again! He is with a friend, and they are peck-peck-pecking at this tree. I asked George what his friend's name was, and he introduced me to Woody. I don't think this is the same Woody Woodpecker from the cartoons though. Do you see both of them?




Professor Daisy's Tip for Cats: If you play around Monster Trucks, you must be very careful. Or you could get hurt. Badly.

Share/Bookmark

32 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Daisy, you are very brave to get close to those monster trucks, even though you are in your stroller. The big pile of dirt sounds like fun to play in.

The woodpeckers are very cool! I make the photo larger and I could really see them.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wow ... i think i would climb rite up dat tree to play wid george an woody miself!
i espeshullee like da pikshur uv u climbin on da dirt pile! i like a girl hooz not afrade to get a little dirty!
luv--jh

Piggy and Grover said...

Oh my gosh, Daisy, you get rides in a stroller?! That is brilliant! However did you get so lucky to have a mom who is so sweet and thoughtful of your need to view Monster Trucks up close... and have the chance to see the world outside your house in such a grand fashion? WOW! I'm glad you were careful - those Monster Trucks are scary!
You are so cute. :)

Unknown said...

Daisy, Did you eat what Alice ate in the Wonderland to grow bigger than the Monster truck???? Cause you got Beeeeg!

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We are jealous. The woofie got to go for a walk last night without us. We want to go strollering! Mommy says it was because Daddy still isn't feeling well and she can't handle all 3 of us by herself. (Kesey doesn't really heel. He likes to yank on his leash until it makes him cough.) We still think we should have got to go too. Hmmph!

Parker said...

I'd love to play with those birdies and that big pile of dirt! It looks like you had a very fun stroll!

Christine and FAZ said...

Another good tip Daisy, in fact, I try to avoid anything bigger than me with wheels. Nice to know George came back and brought a friend, do you think Woody is his special friend? FAZ

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Daisy, you always amaze me with your adventures! After I made your Woodpecker picture bigger, I could see Woody and George!

Anonymous said...

This is quite an adventure you had in your stroller.... those big trucks are monsters. (YOu know we have them here too... because you used to live up here in the VirginiaLand when you were a kit-ten.) This looks like a great place to frolic around in the mud... is this just a pretend picture? because I bet you would have needed a big bath with the help of Pixie and mom to get all clean.

I can see you in your stroller. You looks sooooo cute.

~Prinnie

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Daisy - You certainly have a lot of activity and things to see and do!!

Me? I just sit in the window and watch people and cars pass by and I watch very carefully.

Tara said...

What a fun thing to get to go watch! You looked ginormous in that sand pile! And the woodpeeker was very neat.

Tara

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, that dirt pile looks like a lot of fun

Gemini said...

Oh those are furry big trucks around you Daisy. I hope you are furry careful!

Around Your Wrist said...

i'm glad your mom lets you have such fun adventures! it sounds like she likes to have adventures too.

the woodpeckers are pretty boys. are they friendly?

suz

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Giant pile of dirt=giant kitty litter. heheehee.

Mo and The Purries said...

Yes! we saw george and woody!!!
and we love the picture of you using their sandpiles.... are you leaving them a present?

not the mama & jazper

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You have so many cool things around your home! I gotta go strollering....it sounds like lots of fun!

Forty Paws said...

Great pictures and learning experiences as always Prof. Daisy!!! You know lots of boys with the name of George, don't you?

RE: Our four siblings looking so different: the V-E-T sez der mama "got around", ifn u no wat we meen.

Luf, Us

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

Wow look at all that water! We have already started worryin about the BIG MONSTER storms that come efurry year. Boo, Ping and Jinx and I have been through a few together. But Gracie hasn't. She wasn't born before the last ones came to our house. I keep purring on Momma to try to keep her from worrying too much.

I also keep trying to get her to get me one of those strollers.

Abby

LZ said...

Wait a minute....is that really a tree? I mean, it doesn't have branches or leaves...I've never seen anything like that before. Wow!

Kaze

Mr. Hendrix said...

Wow Daisy! There is a lot going on by you! What does Mr. Gator think of the monster trucks??? Has George come back?
I think you have a great meme list. I'm glad to know you and Pixie.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I see both of the woodpekkers! And yoo know whut??? We have a woodpekker, too! I wunder if it's the same one? He's making holes with his pekker in the telefone pole owtside owr howse!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Amazing! Monster trucks that "build" lakes! Giant piles of dirt for diggin' and playin'! And WOODPECKERS, too?!? Florida seems to have it all.
DMM

OreotheCat said...

FAnx for the tip Daisy, u look smart in glasses! Be careful not to get wet, i catch fishies in a little pond like that, but im careful not to get my paws wet!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Daisy!! Be careful!!! You do take risks you know!

MOL xx

DKM said...

Is your giant lizzard ok with those monster trucks all around?

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Wow, what an adventure you went on! I'm afraid of monsters! You are very brave! Will monster trucks try to eat me like regular monsters?

Love the big pile of dirt, or should I say gigantical litterbox?!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Dose monster trucks look skeery to us, yoo are furry brave to go so close. I see the woodpeckers. I wonder if I would be aybull to climb that tree to see them closer? I don't know what's wrong wiv mum but she sounded like she wuz choking when she read Skeezix' comment. Can't unnerstand why though.
Flynn

Chelle / Chel said...

Thanks for the Tip for Cats!

Chelle

Kalapattar said...

Dear Daisy,

My pet human once came upon a tractor on a construction site with the keys in the ignition. She got in, started it up, and drove around a bit.

Fun!

I don't have a stroller. I get to play outside, and I have a kitty door. We don't have any bad animals to hurt me here. Well, the skunk could make me smell bad, but I stay away.

Skittles, The Cat
http://kaboodlecats.blogspot.com

MaoMao said...

Daisy, you are both brave and wise! You have my admiration!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, I didn't believe my eyes when I saw you sitting in that stroller! And so close to the monster trucks.

Take care!

Related Posts with Thumbnails