Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #19


I love lizards a lot. Here are 13 things I might try to lure lizards into my house. If my Mommie will let me.
  1. Find out what their favorite snacks are.
  2. Leave a trail of those snacks from outside leading inside the house.
  3. Play lizard-y music for them.
  4. Leave my plastic toy lizards out so the real lizards will have friends to play with.
  5. Make a promise not to bother the lizards, so they feel safe (I will have my paws crossed, so it is not really a lie).
  6. Buy a box of bandages, so I can fix their tails when if they fall off.
  7. Spend more time learning to hyp-no-tize the lizards, so they will do what I say. I will practice on Pixie.
  8. Make a sign that says "Lizard Help Wanted: Inquire Within" and post it in the windows.
  9. Record old episodes of The Crocodile Hunter, and leave them playing all day long on the TV.
  10. Make my Mommie wear a t-shirt that says "I brake for lizards." She must wear this every day. Including weekends.
  11. Replace all the light bulbs in our house with heat lamps.
  12. Offer to take all visiting lizards out in my stroller. They will have to ride on the handlebars though.
  13. Buy cute pink lizard-sized outfits for them (note to self: do not include lizard-skin shoes).
ps: The picture above is of a green lizard from my backyard! And I did not break his tail off! The green lizards are much rarer than the brown lizards, because the brown ones are out-competing all of the green ones. You can read more about it here.


Share/Bookmark

50 Notes for Daisy:

TopChamp said...

Hello Daisy... I'm going to keep my new housemate (ginger tom cat Dixie fingers crossed it all goes ok with the home visit etc from the cat home) away from this thursday thirteen in case it gives him ideas!

Happy TT x

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

You are very lucky to have lizards in your backyard, Daisy! I have never seen a real, live lizard. I think all of your ideas are excellent ones to get the lizards to visit you.

Parker said...

Mommy snorted some coffee out of her nose when she saw the flashy sign! I think your list is well thought out and your Mommy should help you by wearing that shirt, every single day!
Mommy is silly today - she's excited!

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Great ideas! I get to see lizards when I go visit Grandmabean. She has lots of them in her yard. I'm not allowed out at her house though so I'll have to borrow a few of your suggestions.

You come up with the best lists!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We love lizards too! Our favorite pastime is watching them from our porch. IF only Momma would let us go and get them.....

Abby

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That's a furry good ideer to perswade them to go indoors. We don't haf lizzerds heer only newts, but mum sez they are simmyler. Do yoo fink when yoo find out what theer faverit snacks are, they will find out what your faverit snack is?

Anonymous said...

What kind of music is lizardy?

=^..^= said...

What is lizard-y mewsic? I haf not heard such mewsic befur.

~Bombay

Rosemary B❤️ said...

We really wish we had lizards here.
I hope you get a pet lizzard soon. I bet they would like a pink outfit.

We reallllly enjoyed reading this. What fun!!
have a happy Day curlie girl

~Princess

samulli said...

I'm trying hard to think of lizard-y music, but it just won't come. ;o)
We have 2 lizards in the garden, maybe I should invite them to the house as well. But we already have a mouse in the house that invited itself and I think my mother wouldn't be amused if there were any more houseguests (although I'm pretty sure she would prefer the lizards over the mouse in any case).

LZ said...

I think that is a sure way to get some lizards to visit! I'm still trying to spot one but I just don't see them around here. Maybe at the wedding we'll have lizards!

Kaze

Tara said...

Those are great tips, I may try them at our mountain house, we have lizards there. I really like the lounge lizard music idea!
Tara

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

this is furry good daisy! yesterday when i was riding in the car and at a redlight i saw an iguana and i took his picture too! i like the little green lizards best too but i almost never see them any more, just those old brown ones. have you seen the big brown ones with the curly tails?? they are furry scary to me! have a good day daisy!

smiles, auntie bee

The Lazy Iguana said...

Non native species are a major problem in South Florida.

I still see green lizards around here. But the brown ones are much more common.

Anonymous said...

We don't have lizzards here in Belgium it's too cold for that, but once in Italy my cat catched a lizzard and was very offended when it run away, leaving her with it's tail in her mouth!

The Meezers or Billy said...

how about a sign that says "George, come home"

Christine and FAZ said...

These are top tips. We don't get lizards here in Wimbledon but if I do ever see one I will know what to do. Do you know the best way to catch moths? FAZ

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Daisy... you're lucky that you've got lizzards. I've only got house flies to capture.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Our modem broke and then the woman went off to London yesterday.

The Crew said...

Oh, I wish I could see a lizard. Besides bunnies, racoons, birdies and visus deer, the only things I see in our yard are toads & small snakes, and bugs of course! I want to see a lizard!!

Your friend
Misty

Around Your Wrist said...

i think it's smart to avoid buying lizard-skin shoes for them...even though lizard-skin is so very stylish...on lizards! lol

love
--suz

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Hello Miss Daisy. I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm happy that you liked the post. I love seeing things in a way that tells a story. Weird huh? LOL!
Have a wonderful day, sweet girl!

Kim

Forty Paws said...

Tee hee. As usual, you crack us up Daisy!!! These all seem like wonderful and creative ways to lure lizards into your "den" of Georgeiquity.

Luf, Us

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, this was a vary helpful TT becuz I live in the howse and have bin wundering how I can lure the lizzerds into the howse to play with me. Tripper gits to play with the lizzerds owtside all the time. Last week he got one and broke its tale off. So maybe I'll sugjest that he git sum bandages.

Anonymous said...

Very creative ideas Daisy! I particularly like #11 about the heat lamps. That might cut down on your Mommie's heating bill too (although that is probably not much of an issue in Florida!).

DK & The Fluffies said...

So, how tasty is a lizard tail?

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

That is a great list, I'm sure you will have lots of lizards soon.
I would like to have a lizard to play with sometimes. It sounds like fun! Did you know, flies are great fun to chase too!

purrs,
Icon

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Doze is sum pretty good ideas Daisy. How about sitting in da window saying "here lizzard, lizzard, lizzard" like da Taco Bell doggy did. Oh wate, he ended up wif dat ginormus lizzard! Neffer mind...

Mo and The Purries said...

Daisy - you did a TT about lizards and didn't use the word "george" once!
Wow!
That must be a Daisy World Record!

:)

Karen Jo said...

I think you have come up with some very good ideas for luring in lizards. The article said that those lizard catchers used live crickets for bait. How does your Mommie feel about live crickets in the house? The article was very informative and interesting. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,

My mommy loves lizards.She use to have some when she was a teenager.
Now she just has the plastic ones.
Mommy says she wishes we had a backyard with lizards.

momsbusy said...

great ideas fer catchin lizards daisy! mommees wents to petsmart the other day and some lady bean had two lizards wif hers. one fit in her large purse and the other rode on top of the huge bag of dog food. she said it was an iguana and she let mommees pet it. we wooda been scared iffens we wuz there. hope yu only gets small lizards in yur house.

yuki & kimiko

Unknown said...

We didn't know there was a difference between brown and green lizards! We just thought that they changed colors from time to time.

Spirit and Ezra said...

Spirit sez... You should teleport ovfer here to Alabama, Daisy, We liff on a huge farm wiff lotsa woods and there are lizards EFFERYWHERE!!! You'de be in Heaven. Our big broffur, Dylan, gets to play wiff them all the time since he liffs outside.

TheSlyCat said...

Fantastic ideas Daisy. Please do teleport over. We have our uncle matt-o coming over to visit us tomorrow and Saturday, but we'll probably be planning a secret kitty party on Sunday until Mom and Dad get home. mom will be happy because she LOVE kitties. Everyone will just have to snuggle with dad though to get him used to kitties again. He LOVES us, but hasn't always been a kitty person. Well, got to go purr and cuddle mom for a bit until Dad gets home and they go.

Anonymous said...

very funny & cute as always Daisy :) I like lizards too!

The Furry Kids said...

Those are really great ideas, Daisy. I think lizards would be great friends. I wish we had them here. Momma laffed and laffed when she saw your sign.
Love,
Tazo

INAMINI said...

Wow, Daisy- you have a verry complete lizard-to-do list. You are a furry praktikal kitty. We would luv to see sum lizards, but all we haf is reely ikky slugs.
LOKi

Anonymous said...

Lizards! I'll pass your suggestions on to my gang of felines, since we have plenty of them in Florida but they never come in our house....maybe we'll try the Hatch n Grow ones.

Samantha & Mom said...

All the lizards in our yard, do not have tails because Tigger pulls them off, but he doesn't eat them. Go figure. I like your list. I will tell Tigger to say hi to George for you.
Have a funtastic day.
Samantha and Tigger

MaoMao said...

Oh wowie, Daisy! I'd love for bunches and bunches of lizards to come into my house. Me and all the Ballicai would have so much fun with 'em, chasin' them around. They move so fast, but wekitties are fast, too. Lizards are great kittytoys, like some buggies! I hope your mommy lets you get bunches of lizards into your housie.

Purrs and kittyhugs from MaoMao!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
nice lizard.
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Phoebe said...

Those are some very good ideas for getting the lizards to visit you. I have an idea for a lizard music song - crocodile rock! And you should get the lizards some little cowboy hats. I think they would look very good in cowboy hats.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I showed Mom your TT and she said, "Don't get any bright ideas, young lady."
DMM

Kimo and Sabi said...

We seen a little gurl on da David Letterman show who hypnotizes lizzards and put clothes & hats on them and poses them on things like toy cars, horses, etc!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, we would like to see your toy lizards in pink outfits to match yours! You are a very clever lizard whisperer.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie
p.s. What kind of music do you think is most lizard-y?

Milton said...

Daisy,
Be careful that you don't get one of the big joo-cee kitty eating lizards like the ones that live in the lake!
---Beezer

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

I know what you mean Daisy, the Spice Cats and Pelud love lizards too. They just cant keep their eyes off them!

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

That sounds like a good plan Daisy! Let us know if it works. I don't think we have lizards here, but there are lots of birds I'd love to be friends with and play with and stuff!

(PS. Don't let Pixie know you're trying to hypnotise her!)

Monty Q. Kat said...

You could try wearing your nurse outfit if you're opening a lizard hospital, it'd be more beeliveable. Or hanging an 'All You Can Eat Lizard Buffet' sign, an' not tell them they're the buffet...

Bogdan, the editor said...

Ha-ha! I love your "Welcome, Lizard!" sign!!

- Morning Scratch human

Related Posts with Thumbnails