Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Trees and Tummies on Tuesday

Last week, we had a bad thunderstorm. There was lots of wind, rain, lighting and thunder, and two trees fell down! I was a little bit scairt. The next day I decided to go outside in my backyard to see what a tree that fell down looks like. But first, I checked for lizards in the usual spot. And George was there! But I let him go because I had more important things to do. Here is one of our trees that fell down. He looks very sad to be laying on the ground. I told him to stand up straight, but he couldn't do it. He is called a tabebuia tree. But he has no name. Because he is a TREE!
I need a closer look... Yes, this looks very bad.
Look at me! I am climbing a tree! This isn't as hard as I thought... But I found out that I am not strong enough to fix the tree. My Mommie had to call some tree fixers.
Now that my work is done, I am going to take a little break. Ahhhh, a Full Monty in the sun. I am showing this picture especially for Skeezy!
The sun feels very good on my furs. I like to roll around a lot, too.

Share/Bookmark

54 Notes for Daisy:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh daisy honey, i am furry sorry your tree laid down and won't get up. poor tree. why don't trees have names? that does not sound furry nice to not name a tree. i haf hundreds of trees here in podunk and none uf them haf names either. i will haf to think about that. have fun today daisy!

smiles, auntie bee

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

my dear furrrend Daisy! I am so very sorry about what Skeezix did. He should have stayed home because my posty today is for my sweet ALICAT only. Now I see that you have a wonderful tummy picture just for him. Your tummy is nicer than mine anyway. I told him to go home!
I hope you will still be my furrrend. Mencats can be so confusing...
I think I am gona be in BIG trouble with my mommy.
Miss Peach the bad girl

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific photos Daisy! :) Nice job climbing the tree. I'm sorry to hear it fell down. The warm sun sure feels good on the belly, doesn't it? I'm sure Skeezix will love your Full Monty photos. Your belly looks lovely. *blush*

Daisy said...

Oh, Miss Peach, I will always be your friend, no matter what!

Parker said...

Wow Daisy - your walk was so exciting! George and tree climbing! AND I bet Skeezix loves that last photo of your tummy!

Millie said...

Oh boy, Skeezix isn't gonna get much napping done today. I bet he's gonna be spending some time in the icebox.

Awesome stuff you saw on your walk!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

Wow you did have a bad storm. I can see why you were scarit! We hopes none of us get real bad storms this summer.But you did have a very exciting walk, you saw George and then climbed a tree and rolled all around in the nice Florida sun...what more could a good kitty ask for?

~Abby

Rosemary B❤️ said...

What a super great adventure outside! you got to climb on a tree, that is really cool! just like a jungle tiger!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Oooo, Skeesix is gonna need a trip to the icebox after this post.

Anonymous said...

We're furry sorry about yer trees laying down. We haff lotsa trees in our back garden but dey don't lay down. Nice tummy pikshur!

Forty Paws said...

Your poor tree!!! We looked at the linkee and it looks like it has beautiful flowers in the spring. Well, it used to have beautiful flowers until it fell down.

Isn't rolling on warm surfaces the best?

Luf, Us

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Sorry that your tree fell down and needed fixin'. I love rolling and rolling around on the ground! Your tummy is so cute!

Dma said...

Wow what an exciting day for you Daisy. Hope the thunderstorm wasn't too scary.

LZ said...

Wow, that storm must have been really scary! I'm glad the tree fixers came to help out.

Kaze

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Big scary storms can be exciting, but not all the time. If my beans are in bed asleep during a storm, I can snuggle deep in the covers and then they are fun. If everyone is awake then they are just awful!

I love your warm, sunny spot! You look so happy in the sun, sexy, too!

OH! Of course girls can join the Extreme Cat's! I was gonna ask you personally!

Anonymous said...

You seem to have a great garden!!! But with that river (or what is it?) I now understand why your humans don't want to let you go outside by yourself. But you could hunt fishies there!
Poor old tree. Is he alright now again after the tree doctor came?
Love

Anonymous said...

Daisy --- sorry bout your beautiful tree! We had a storm last night, but none of our trees falled down.
Jazper likes to roll like that on the sidewalk in the sun in front of the store, too!!!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah my, glad your house is fine.
Great to see the sun shine, you must be afraid about big storm.

I do.
Seeing the threes fall down makes me a little bit sad. But it is great to see you walk out side help your mayor to inspect the damage condition.

And you are so good to climb three.~!!

Ali & Fiona said...

Daisy, you could turn that tree into on giant stratching post or use it for circus tricks.

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, that is a lot of inspecting you had to do, Daisy. I'm glad you got a good roll in afterwards. I bet you'll need a good long nap, too. What an exciting post!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Anonymous said...

You are a very brave cat living so close to alligators! The lizzards look more fun.
My male human has told me about lizzards in his homecountry Australia. I told him to bring back one of these creatures next time he goes there.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

eksellent tree climbin skillz daisy. it jus showz how multi-talented u ar!
sorree dat da tree wuz on da grownd, however. climbin strate up iz mor fun!
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Skeezix the Cat said...

AAAAIIIEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Will sumbuddy help me? I can't ketch my breth!

The Furry Kids said...

That's too bad about the tree falling down. That must have been a horrible storm. Good job on the tree climbing. That looks very exciting. I wish I could climb a tree.

EG

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Wow Daisy! I see your whiskers all ready to catch George, but am glad you decided to check on the damage to your trees instead.
What a great tree climbing feat you did, almost as amazing as your circus tricks.
I think Skeezix will love your tummy pikshure.
~Anna Sue of The Bunch

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Sorry yoor trees fell down. I love rolling on da concrete, if we had briks I'd love rolling on dem too!~Zippy

Unknown said...

Wow, what an exciting day you had and you got to climb a tree!

You look very cute rolling around on the sidewalk, I like to show my belly too.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Wowy what a storm! We hadded a tree fall down 2 years ago - and it came wifin 2 inches of landing on the next door neighbors car!
Nice sunny tummy!

P.S. - Hi George!

Anonymous said...

Ow, what a mess with the fallen tree. But good of you to investigate that close so we can see it too.

And I think the pink harness looks very good on you!! A harness would be very difficult for us, who's going to walk with all ten...?;)

With your last 2 photos we have indeed almost a same photo session. Rexes, huh... haha:)

Rebecca Meyer said...

awesome tree climbin there daisy! Did joo get to do the machinepaw on the tree ? that would be fun!

-tomtoms

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I'm glad that George survived the storm, and sad that the tree did not do as well. I bet it was nice rolling around int he sun!

Rocky the Gutter Cat said...

I love rolling in the gutter and on the sidewalk and in the driveway. It feels good.

The M's said...

We are sad about your tree, it looked like a young tree too.
The sun does feel good, especially on the tummie.

Shaggy and Scout said...

We are glad the tree didn't fall on your house! And we are glad George survived the storm too!

MaoMao said...

hehehe, such great pikshures, and I bet Skeezy's lovin' your full Monty! Yeah, thunderstorms are purr-etty skeery, aren't they? Espeshully if they makes trees fall down!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

The Cat Realm said...

So sorry about the poor trees!
No wonder you let that lizard go - after all the lizards you divulged at our BBQ!!!!
Thank you SOOOOO much for coming! It wouldn't have been the same without you!

Hot(M)BC said...

I nefur hearded of a tree fixer. I don't fink we has them here. We agrees it's reely good it didn't fall on yore house! Climbin it lookslike fun tho.
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee

Tara said...

So how come trees don't get names?
Tara

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a scary thunderstorm, Daisy! You are very brave to go and investigate its aftermath. And you look so cozy in the sun, in your Full Monty! Skeezix will be beside himself, *giggle*.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Anonymous said...

oh, the poor tree! was anybody able to fix it? the Lady says that her sister's husband hugs trees. maybe he could come and give it some love.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Oh no! Dat's a furry bad fing dat tree fell down. Good fing you and yur beans and house am ok. Yoo wuz spreading yur good girl vibes all ofur da place after tho. Dat is furry pawseative.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Wow! A fallen down tree...taht is so cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

That sure must have been a strong storm. You should have tried your machine paw on the fallen tree. A cat must keep her claws good and sharp.

You love to roll around on warm bricks just like I do!

Ivan from WMD said...

I'm sorry about your trees. But you did the best you could!

The Meezers or Billy said...

did the tree fixer fix the tree?

full monty! whooo hoooo

Honey P. Sunshine said...

those poor trees... breath skeezix breath

caspersmom said...

Oooh, that lizard looks really nice. Those down trees must have really held your interest to pass George by. Goodness that storm must have been a doozy. Looks like you had fun in the trees though. I guess you really do like to roll around and pose Monty's in the sun. You have quite few pictures to show that. Looks like you are really enjoying that sun.

Casper

DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh scary!

Lux said...

That must have been some storm - I don't mind admitting that I would have been scared! Did the tree make a big noise when it fell?

Cute tummy shot!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That's a furry big tree that fell in your yard. If a tree that big fell in MY yard, it would crush the back of my house 'cuz my yard is furry little ... There are trees in my yard: avocado, peach (yucky peaches, though), and Meyer lemon ... They're not that big.

I think that George is stalking you ... That would 'splain why he keeps showing up in your sunny spot.

DMM

Skeezix the Cat said...

just chekking bak for anuther look before I go to bed so yoo'll be in my dreems!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh we just wish George would come ofurr here we want to play wiv him hehe. Yoo must haf got lots of willpower to not pounce him.
We had a storm here yesterday wiv lots of flashies and big boomies, but no trees fell down. I watched the flashies out the window, but mum and Flynn hid in the bedroom cuz they don't like it.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Awww Daisy, you look so cute in your pink harness and leash.

So sad to see falling down trees. You really showed great self restraint by not putting the bite on George the lizard. I'm not sure I would have had such good self control.

Zoey and the furballs said...

We're sorry about losing the tree. That must have been a very scary storm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails