Monday, July 16, 2007

The One that Got Away

Last week I cried and cried and cried at the door until I got to go outside on my harness and leash. Because I wanted to go hunting for lizards!!! Here I am searching high and low. Mostly low. And I found one! A LIZARD!!! Can you see him? He is trying to run away from me.
He ran right up this little tree. Because he was scairt. Of me!
I leaped after him, and I almost even climbed a tree! But he got away. Rats!
After hunting, you should take some time to lay in the dirt. Then you can think about why the lizard got away, and plan for your next hunt. It is OK to get some mulch in your furs.

Share/Bookmark

55 Notes for Daisy:

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Wow Daisy that Lizzy got away from a great huntress like YOU?
It is a good thing you are nor a Persian like my before me cat Miss Minka....she always laid down in the mulch than came and jumped into mommies bed!:))
Short furrrrs have their good points.
ps: how do you draw a little line through words in your posts?

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I am glad you got to go outside on your harness Daisy. Too bad that lizard got away. I've been meowing and meowing to go outside again. Maybe today I'll be able to explore some more!

Parker said...

I'll bet that lizard was glad he got to keep his little lizard tail!

Ali & Fiona said...

We wish we had lizards in Ohio to hunt, instead we have to settle for bugs.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

You are a great hunter Daisy. I am sure the lizzard was watching you from his hiding place.

Happy Day Curlgirl

Princess

Anonymous said...

Miaow!

Nice to see a cat blog. Nice idea. Do you also belong to the social network for cats and dogs?

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We are very jealous that you get to chase lizards and lounge in mulch.

Tyler said...

Oh Daisy you almost got him! We don't have lizards here in San Jose. They seem like the perfect size prey. You go girl! You'll get him next time, I'm sure.

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh sorry that your lizard gotted away - maybe he will come back and let you catch him.

The Furry Kids said...

I wish we had lizards here. They look like they'd be super fun to hunt.

Love,
Tazo

LZ said...

I am so jealous Daisy. I mean, bugs are OK but I really want to hunt a lizard!!

Latte

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi honey! that was a furry good story today. i thought you did real good chasing that lizard! and mulch on your furs is okay too...

smiles, auntie bee

Monty Q. Kat said...

Hmm, I haven't tried looking for lizards yet, I should ask to go into the backyard and be a furocious hunter!

Dma said...

I continue to find your studies of lizards very impressive. I'm sure you've filed this particular adventure away and will use it for your next hunt. I particularly think the rolling around in mulch part plays a key part.

Gretchen said...

I don't get lizards where I live. But they look like so much fun to chase. My bean bought me a bag plastic lizards last week. pffff! Hard as a rock. They're no fun at all. I like your pretty pink halter and leash. My bean tried a red one on me and I put the bittey on every time she tried--then I'd roll right out of it before she could get it adjusted right. So she gave up and said I had to stay inside forever.

The Cat Realm said...

Daisy, from one lizard hunter to another: I only get every third lizard I try to catch! And I only get to keep half of those because the butler or the maid are taking them away from me!
You are a splendid lizard hunter, to even follow them into the tree!!!
Karl

Katnippia said...

Hi Daisy! I finks youz are a great huntress as well. I don't always catch the ones I am after either. I was hunting a itty bitty baby lizzie, and my meowmize rescued him from me. She said somefing like give him a chance to grow-up.
Purss, Sia

Unknown said...

Daisy, you are a natural on that harness!!! Great job spotting that lizard!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

It's always important to debrief after a hunt. Glad to see you picked a comfy spot to do it!

Anonymous said...

Well after all that activity I can see you'd need a rest!

sammawow said...

Oh, we're sorry that your lizard got away - maybe he'll come back later. Laying in mulch looks very comfortable. We have some outside our porch but we can't get to it.

Purrrrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Great pictures of the hunt, Daisy!
Your tree climbing is as exciting as your circus tricks :)

Skeezix the Cat said...

Oh, Daisy, my faverit pikcher was the last one ware yer tummy was showing and yoo were rolling in the dert. I biggifide it. I think I will look at it all day long.

Natalia said...

Hemmy's favorite past time is digging a hole outside. First, he lays in it. Then, he pees in it. I'm not sure why that's so much fun for him but it keeps him entertained.

Scout said...

we needz to kumpare notes so we can become mitey lizzerd hunters. that way they will tell all their lizzerd friends to bewear of us.

i am glad your mommy tuuk such grate fotos of the lizzerd.

and yes, it is good to lay in dirt. that way mommy will brusch you win you get reddy to go inside.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

I was standing on mom's lap looking at your lizzerd hunting pikshers and i got so acited I fell off! Is dat mulch good to lay on? We gots pink rocks outside, Zippy lays on dem but mostly she sleeps in da grass by da naybors basement window.~Sadie

Unknown said...

Daisy, you are a very furocious hunter! I have never seen a lizard, except on your blog. They look like interesting little guys. My main prey is moths, they are evil and it is my duty to save the world from them.

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Daisy!

Don't think too hard about why the lizard got away... don't stress, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry dat lizard got away Daisy. You could have introduced him to George and Snack. You are a furry good huntress but I guess lizards are sneaky running up trees and stuff.

Christine and FAZ said...

Daisy, you're a girl after my own heart when it comes to hunting and laying in the dirt. FAZ

p.s. you magnetty pic arrived - it's going on the hot water heater so you can stay warm in the cold English climate - the human is taking a picture of it to show you.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

You are a natural at this. I think if you had not had your leash on you would have gotten that lizard with no problem at all. Of course you may have given your Mom a heart attack, especially if she had to climb up the tree to get you.

*kittygiggle*
Mom's are as adept as we are in climbing trees.

Purrs
Abby

Bogdan, the editor said...

"Daisy the Lizard Hunter." Have you pitched a show on your lizard hunting adventures to a TV network? How about Animal Planet?

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Hi Daisy! I love your new blog look! It is very sophisticated!

I am sorry you did not catch that lizard, but maybe you will have better luck next time.

Shaggy and Scout said...

You'll get that that little devil next time!

Rascal said...

Well, if it hadn't been for that harness you would have gotten it.

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy: Great lizard adventure!! You are such a good huntress and tree climber!! We got our post up all by ourselves today!! Have a great day!
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger

Unknown said...

You are a good hunter, Daisy! I'm sure you'll get the next one. For observation and study, of course.

-Rosie

HRH Yao-Lin said...

daisy you look exhausted! I do understand how tiring hunting is. Having said that, I have never caught a lizard. I dont think we have them on the isle of wight. Shame.

xx

Unknown said...

I think the only lizards we have in Ohio are in cages. It's not fair. I love the new layout of your blog, Daisy.

Anonymous said...

"Wow" daisy you sure are lucky to be able to hunt lizards.It looks like alot of fun.

Anonymous said...

I like lizards even more than snakes cuz they are easier to lift up with one claw, Daisy! I can't believe that one got away from you. I think you were just having an inter-species moment of compassion.
Sadie
(I'm gonna demand a hot pink collar after seeing you in all that neon pink. Fetching!)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Great lizard-hunting expedition.

I really like your three columns on your bloggie ... I've been trying to do that on mine for months now, but I couldn't do it. Tips???

DMM

Zoey and the furballs said...

Daisy you are very good huntress. I love your harness. It looks pink. Is it?

PaHaRs said...

You are a great hunter Daisy!!! sometimes I hunt a lizard in my garden too. very excited!!!

Your furly smart friend
Batigoal

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, you look so pretty in your pink harness. We are very impressed not just with your lizard hunting skills but also your harness wearing and walking skills - very talented!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

WAHA~~~Your favorite lizard~! Glad to see you have lots of fun~! And great sun shine on you.
New templates~! Great~!
Your blog is so rich so it is about the time to using 3 column~! Great new blog, I love it~!

Lux said...

I learn so much from you, Daisy ...

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hmmm...maybe we should ask Mommakitty to put some mulch in da stroller so we can be closer to da earth!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

That looked like fun! We were bug hunting instead. Donny climbed da tree and shook some moths down for me to chase.

Come moth hunting with us sometime!

~Marie

snowforest said...

Oh Daisy you nearly caught the lizard ~ I'm sure you will catch it next time with all the planning and thought you are putting into it :)

Karen Jo said...

I'm sorry that the lizard got away. It was sneaky of him to climb a tree where you couldn't go because of the harness and leash. You will probably get him next time. I like the new look of your blog.

Ramses said...

That's so cool having a lizard to chase!

PS: I like your harness, it's pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

The lizard escaped? Don't be sure... Maybe your mommie helped her. Our mommie helped a mouse tonight. We (Ruis) and Djenna were going after that mouse but mommie caught her... and give 'r freedom...grrrrrrrrr :(

lordjaders said...

Daisy, I am prrroud of you forrr giving that lizarrrd a second chance. Overrr the weekend the little sticky boy killed a lizarrrd in the mountains. Now I know this might make you feel hungrrry, but it didn't him. We have a strrrict rrrule in ourrr family that you eat what you kill. So naturrrally, the little bean boy was disturrrbed and did not kill anymorrre crrreaturrres. He was lucky and did not have to eat it, but he did have to give it a prrroperrr burrrial.

Jade

Anonymous said...

Hey Daisy,
I can relate to the harness-maybe my ma can get a neon green,(no, looks like snakes) blue one for me like yours! ; )
Sorry the lizard got away-you are brave for a girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails