Saturday, July 7, 2007

Photo Hunters #26: Fake

The Photo Hunters theme this week is fake. See this chicken? I know he looks very very real! But he is FAKE! This was a big surprise to me, too. I tasted his beak, and he was very rubbery. Even though real live dead chickens can taste rubbery, sometimes.
So, I tasted his foot. Even rubberier. Yep, this chicken is a fake. Darn it! (I do not know why my leg is sticking up in the air like that.)
He even smells fake, too. This is a very big disappointment. Because I wanted to eat him all up. But I know better than to eat a rubbery chicken.
ps: He was still very fun to play with. Rubbery things are stretchy. In case you did not know this.


Share/Bookmark

58 Notes for Daisy:

Lux said...

Are you *sure that's not a real chicken, Daisy??? I think maybe you killed it!

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

Hahahah -- I love how your pictures tell such a good story.

Jaya said...

Dear Daisy-

Thank you for the heads up on
this rubber chicken business...
Now I know NOT to try and make
chicken soup out of the one I
have at home.

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

A fake chicken?? Now, that's just wrong!! We've never tasted a chicken but we think a rubber one is just silly. As always, you look cute investigating it, though, Daisy.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

CRIZ LAI said...

Haha...Daisy with a rubber chickie? Gosh...it sure taste bad with that elasticity. Happy 070707 and a Happy Weekend :) http://crizlai.blogspot.com/2007/07/photo-hunters-fake.html

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
gess wut! i havva fake chicken too! maybe dat'z wut i can do dat'z speshul today ... take owt mi fake chicken!
i'm thinkin abowt it!
luv--yer grate frend--jh

jennyr said...

hahaha! that's funny!

Anonymous said...

your cat's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Poor chicken! LOL

Great photos and clever choice for the hunt.

Mine is up too.

Whirlwind said...

The story with the pictures is very funny!

The Meezers or Billy said...

hee hee hee - why IS your leg sticking up?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yup, a fake chicken daisy! you are so cute honey. and such a good little girl...

smiles, auntie bee

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,

Very cute photos especially the leg
pose :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you told me that was fake. I just never would have believed it!

See, that consideration is what makes me think you're very well brought up. That is, until I read your comment on TNChick's blog ...
I'm sure I don't understand what you mean :)

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Hah!! Daisy, you're a nut :~)

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

I think your leg is up just in case that chicken decides to come to life, you can step on it!
Never can tell about these FAKE mouses and chickens.
~Gracie

Parker said...

rubberier <---- I like that word!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

rubber chicken is not good, but it certainly looks funny!

happy Saturday
*~*~Princess

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Fake chick-hens look furry, furry fun. Maybe we shood get one!

Forty Paws said...

Yup. Rubbery chickens just don't taste real.

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

I bet that was a lot of fun playing with that chicken. Great shots.

Cheryl said...

Oh . yeah..once again you make me smile...always something unique here to read!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

MOL!! That chicken woulda fooled me too!

~Marie

PowersTwinB said...

Hi Daisy! Thanks for visiting me at my photo hunt today! You look so totally engrossed in making sure your chicken is a fake! Love the photos!

Mark said...

Woow, you had me going there for a while, when you have finished with your poodle coat can you send it back as i will need it soon.LOL

Cheers Mark

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

hi Daisy!
I am sorry that the chicken is fake. I love some chicken, too!

Gretchen said...

Does it squeak, too?
Fancy leg work.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Daisy. Looks like you're enjoying your new toy. So full of concentration. Thanks for the visit.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Sorry that you didn't get to eat the chicken, Daisy, but at least he was fun to play with!

roman said...

An excellent collection of a 'fake' item. How's the chicken doing now a days.
:)

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, I inspekted the pikcher vary closely, and I think it might be a rubber cornish game hen rather than a rubber chicken. Although it duzn't matter to me --- I like looking at yer tummy in the ferst shot!

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't live on a chicken farm,..... you would be missing a few! Great photos!

jams o donnell said...

Nothing like a fake chicken in the absence of the real thing!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hmmm ... Maybe a rubber chicken sammich would be good.
DMM

INAMINI said...

I bet your lizards taste a lot better than your rubber chicken, but you can't blame a cat for trying!
LOKi

The Cat Realm said...

Did your Mom try to tease you with that fake chicken! How rude!
But it looks like you can at least play with it and have fun.
If you can´t eat it, play with it.
That´s a good motto!
You are a very smart cat, Daisy.

Anonymous said...

We didn't know chickens could be fake. How sneaky of them. Maybe he was scairt and lost all his feathers then got rubbery.

MaoMao said...

hehehe, that's one sneaky chicken, bein' fake and all! I'm sorry you didn't get to eat him -- bein' rubbery he woulda tasted kinda yucky -- but he sure looks fun to play with!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Yep - Mommakitty says she been to lots of parties where da chicken was like rubber! Did you notice our theme music this week? It's da great "chicken dance" music! We all loves chiken!

Anonymous said...

*giggle*, Daisy! You look like you're having lots of fun with that faux chicken. He might not be good to eat, but playing with something so stretchy can be lots of fun!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy, the chicken sure looked real and not "FAKE" to us. Maybe your leg was up so you could balance yourself and not fall over.
Samantha & Tigger

LEA said...

Ohhh, you know I don't think it is fake at all..I think that there chicken is just playing dead, that's all! LOL

Were you a Rockette in another life? That is one fabulous leg kick there! Wow, you are so FABU, Daisy!

snowforest said...

Too bad it's not a real chicken Daisy ~ I think it's excitement that caused you to lose control of your leg there ~ lovely photos!
ps. Thanx for sharing your experience with flying ~ I am thinking of the idea of having Snow and Forest in below the front seat ~ though there's still lots of time before the trip!

Around Your Wrist said...

those are great pictures, daisy! i'm glad you let us all know that there are rubber chickens masquerading as real live dead ones!

ben fuzz

momsbusy said...

hmmmm, real live fake dead chikens. what will silly beans think of next?

yuki & kimiko

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

So is putting the leg up in the air kind of like when a human puts their pinky up in the air when drinking tea? Very delicate! ;-) FAKE Photo Hunt

Karen Jo said...

Aw, I'm sorry that the chicken turned out to be fake. I love all the pictures, though. Maybe your leg is up in the air because you were getting ready to kick that chicken in disappointment?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is very true when you know the fake thing your action will do.

Lisa said...

Awww very cute. Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a great choice for the theme. Looks like you were having a lot of fun :)

Jake and Bathsheba said...

We never fail to learn things from you, Daisy.

~J&B

Biker Betty said...

What great pictures and love your commentary, Daisy. Thanks for visiting.

Happy Saturday, Biker Betty :)

Tara said...

Great rubber chicken! Looks like you are having fun!
Tara

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Now why on eurth wuld the peepul give yoo a fake rubburie chicken instead of a reel juicy one? How silly of them.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Haha that's a funny looking chick-hen. Fink yer probly rite and it is a fake. Yoo better just chew it and not try to eat it.

Anonymous said...

Great story told in pictures!

Happy weekend!

Dma said...

You make me want to buy a rubber chicken. Quite frankly, I don't care much how it tastes.

Anonymous said...

Great Chick! Nice shot! :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails