Saturday, July 21, 2007

Photo Hunters #28: Tiny

The Photo Hunters theme this week is tiny. Whenever I go outside on my harness and leash, I am always looking for lizards and bugs. And look what I saw! A very tiny dragonfly. He is less than 1" long. I think he has very pretty colors. But I do not like his big eyes. If you click on the picture, you can see him even bigger. But you might get a little bit scairt. It is OK to be scairt sometimes.



Share/Bookmark

55 Notes for Daisy:

jams o donnell said...

Great phot. You've captured it beautifully

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing a lot of great photography this morning. My didital camera isn't working properly, so most of the pics on my blog are taken with my cameraphone!

Have a great day.

RUTH said...

I've been really into photographing insects since I got a digital camera. Butterflies and Dragonflies are my favourite. I love these photos. Happy Photohunting.

Katya said...

Dragonflies are so cool to "capture" if and when you can find them sitting still! What a great picture!!!

Nancy Jensen said...

Very nice photo. Do you eat lizards? I hear they aren't good for cats. Please stop by my blog ( http://fancydancy.blogspot.com/ ) and check out my photos... and also let me know about cats eating lizards. My out-door cat is skinny during the summer and fattens up during the winter. People tell me that it's because he eats lizards (which hibernate during the winter).

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, that is a very tiny dragonfly. Wonderful photo Daisy! :)

HRH Yao-Lin said...

The human is petrified of dragonflies! I have no idea why! Well, actually, thats not true. maybe I do understand a little xx

Ginabee said...

Very cool picture .. thanks for finding it Daisy!

Cheryl said...

Oh, that's a great close up of the dragonfly! You must have a very nice camera.

CRIZ LAI said...

Very nicely blend together in describing the find. Great shots. Wishing you a calm, happy and lovely weekend! http://crizlai.blogspot.com/2007/07/photo-hunters-tiny.html

Rosemary B❤️ said...

The Dragonfly is very creepy. The eyes are ginormus and shiny too, ick.
You are very brave to get so close to that skittish flying buggie..
Happy Day Daisy and Pixie

headbutts~Caesar

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photograph Daisy! I love dragonflies.

Andree said...

I wasn't scairt, I was fascinated! Those are neat eyes. When we got Wingnut's HP7 book this morning, I was going to buy a dragonfly book but HP7 busted me! You take really really great macros.

Patricia said...

Daisy, I bet you do enjoy looking for tiny flying insects! Nice photos, and thanks for commenting on your visit to Pollywog Creek. Have a great weekend.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i wasn't scarit daisy! nice... mine is up now but it was late, sorry. i was asleep this morning..

smiles, auntie bee

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

That's a fantastic photo of a dragonfly!
I see that Herbie was adopted! What a cuite!

Forty Paws said...

Wowee those eyes are BIG!

Luf, Us

Gattina said...

Geez, I would be scared too ! I don't like insects, but Pookie yes, she eats them brrr.

Anonymous said...

what a great shot. I have never seen one so close.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We weren't scairt but we don't think der is really enuff bug der fur a snack so we'll leave it alone. It has pretty colors tho...

Dma said...

It's weird how big eyes can look so cute on some creatures and so scary on others. Happy exploring, Daisy....

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
i hav been "under da water" fer da las fyoo dayz (laffin an laffin) so i had sum catchin up to do.
#1--i luv da accessoriez dat skeezix sent u. da daisy iz verree byootiful on yer head.
#2--it wuz verree intrestin to learn abowt yer mom ... she iz one uv mi favritz. i espeshullee like da nerd pikshur. it makez me hungree.
#3--dat iz a nice bug u hav on yer paje. u took a eksellent close-up ... an i will biggify it!
finallee #4--yer paje lookz verree, verree good!
luv--yer frend--jh

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely little flying bug, Daisy. Very tiny. Did you chase it?

-tnchick- said...

My cat doesn't go outside but she does love to play with and catch bug... she'll sit at the door awaiting a moth to fly in! LOL

Love the shot of the dragonfly!

Anonymous said...

nice macro shot of the tiny dragonfly... great...

mine's up too... check it out...
http://alvin-chew.blogspot.com/2007/07/photo-hunter-tiny.html
have a nice weekend... cheers

Linda said...

What an excellent picture! You did a good job in finding something tiny for the Hunt!

Bogdan, the editor said...

Wow. Is that dragonfly in my living room? That photos makes it look like it's right here! *swats at computer screen*

-Bogdan

P.S. We really like your new banner at the top.

Anonymous said...

Now that explains why you're so intently looking in the plants. What a beautiful capture of the dragonfly too. Great photos and thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend.

Jose said...

Just the name "dragon" makes me scairt. Cool pictures and nice close up on the dragon fly.

DK & The Fluffies said...

We did a buggie also!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Cool bug eyes! We gots a lady bug!

Jenifer said...

Wow, that really was a small dragonfly!!!

tapps said...

that's a great pic. :-) that firefly was probably like. "uhh.. what are you looking at?"

Karen Jo said...

That's a great picture of the tiny dragonfly. It has very pretty colors, but the eyes are a bit scary.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I dunno. That dragonfly looks bigger than one inch!

Milton said...

Daisy,
you are such a good nature photo taker. I learn something new each time I visit!
---Beezer

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh ... I want to put the bitey on that dragonfly. He looks good enough to eat!

DMM

Samantha & Mom said...

Cool looking dragonfly Daisy. You are so good at finding the neatest stuff.
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger

MaoMao said...

Wowie, whatta kool dragonfly! I'm not too skeered of dragonflies but I don't like them ol' pinchy earwigs.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely dragonfly! You have such marvelous creatures in your yard to befriend. A couple of days ago, a lightning bug got into the house, and all of us Ballicai were checking him out. Mom rescued him, though, before any of us could eat him!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Kitikata-san said...

Hello Daisy, I like the photos of Dice and Herbie on the side. Aren't they just cute for smooth coat kitties? Of course, you still are the cutest curly coat kitty I have ever seen.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That sure is a good picture of the tiny Dragonfly, Daisy.
It does look a little scary when bigified!

Unknown said...

Your mommy takes very good pictures. My Lady has a very sucky camera and it doesn't take very good pictures. She is fortunately going to get another one soon.

Miz said...

That is a great shot, the dragonfly is lovely!

Tyler said...

Daisy, you find the best things outside.
Tyler

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Thanks for sharing dragonfly, michico loves dragonfly very very much. She has illustration work about fragonfly's wing. There it is:http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/31750816/

I love see your concentrate's back looking, very cool.

Ellen Whyte said...

Lovely picture; you must have very steady hands!

PowersTwinB said...

Daisy, I love your photo for this weeks theme...But, I was a little scared! lol..I want to tell you thank you for visiting my photo hunt! I so appreciate your visits!

Lux said...

I biggified the dragonfly and I *did get scared!

sammawow said...

That is one frightening dragonfly. Was it in the Harry Potter book???

Purrrrrrrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

We love to chase dragonflies but our human says no no because they only live 24 hours anyway. So we are nice. It sure is a tiny one isnt it.

Happy Weekend Daisy and Love to Pixie Too!

Z Monster

Zoey and the furballs said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful (and tiny) dragonfly.

We were happy to see that Herbie was adopted (he's adorable) and we hope that Dice is adopted quickly too!

TheSlyCat said...

That really is beautiful! Did you eat it?!?!?!?!?!?

BenSpark said...

That dragonfly is incredible, great photo.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Daisy. Pardon my late visit. I love dragonflies. They are so pretty and gentle insects. Great find!

Related Posts with Thumbnails