Sunday, July 22, 2007

Why I am scairt of thunderstorms

In south Florida, the weather can be very crazy. Saturday started off sunny and hot. Then, in the late afternoon, a very big thunderstorm came in. Here is a picture of the scary dark clouds. My Mommie had to turn the lights on inside, and it was only 3:00 in the afternoon! Then the rain started. See, the rain is coming right out of the dark clouds. Thank goodness I was not out in my stroller!
It also got very windy! This makes me nervous since our trees like to fall down. Remember? Luckily, all the trees decided to stay standing this time.
And then there is lightning and thunder. See that thing that looks like a little white string? Well, it is not a string. That is LIGHTNING! I do not like thunder or other loud noises. Sometimes, if I get too scairt, I hide under the bed. I am SAFE there.
Then, the storm went away and it was sunny again.
Share/Bookmark

46 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I'm glad that none of the trees fell down this time, Daisy. We had thunderstorms last night too. I didn't like all the noise.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Sorrys to hear you were scairt of the storm. I pay no attentions to noises but I do hide unders the table when it gets rainy out.

Parker said...

It's good that the trees stayed standing up. Thunder sounds scary, but Mommy says we are always safe in the house.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

::::Shivers::::
The wind might blow the house down.
Thunder and lightning are very scary
We hate them.

Have a wondermous day Daisy
(((hugs))) to you and Pixie
Purrrs, Princess

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Ooh. Luckily, we don't get many of those here. Scary, huh? Under the bed is a good place to hide during storms. You did the right thing.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

daisy you are furry smart to get under the bed. my son was in palm beach yesterday afternoon at work and that lightening hit his building! he is big and he was scarit!! i am furry glad you are okay sweetie...

smiles, auntie bee

Anonymous said...

Just found this blog for the first time. It's cute!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Glad none of yoor trees felled down this time! Under the bed is a grate place to hide when der is dat banging and flashing. Sometimes we think mom wood like to hide unner der wif us.

Milton said...

Oh, my goodness!
I've never seen a storm like that. But we gets earthquakes here. Even hiding under the bed won't help with one of those.
---Beezer

The Meezers or Billy said...

great pikshurs!! that looks way scarity!

Tatiana Gamarra said...

hellooooooooooo Daysi, your looking good!
Just hug your human, shell protect you!
We have our first video :P Hope you like it.....
xoxo
Cucarañas

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

that is very scairy!!
When the storm comes, I often hide to michico's closet. Because I can't stand the thunder noise.

Those are great picture, thank you for sharing.

Forty Paws said...

Oh my goodness. It was very dark and creepy during that storm Daisy! Good thing you can hide under the bed!!!

Luf, Us

The M's said...

We don't like those kinds of storms either. Glad to hear that the trees stayed up and that the storm did not last too long.

Chrissie said...

We get those kinds of storms here in Texas sometimes, too, but ours have big sucker-uppers that can hurt a whole house! Hiding under the bed won't help me if that happens!

Skeezix the Cat said...

I'm shur glad yoo servived it okay. I wood've bin happy to protekt yoo frum the storm, but I think that wood just meen that I'd be under the bed with yoo going "OHMIGOD! OHMIDGOD! OHMIGOD WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!"

The Cat Realm said...

Daisy, be careful!
After our friends Timothy and Rosey moved away from Florida a few years ago we didn't have to worry tooo much about the Hurrican season anymore.
Now that we know you we realized a while ago that we will worry A LOT again!!! And even if it is not Hurricane season yet - those thunderstorms look evil! We know about thunderstorms, because here in Tucson we have REALLY bad ones too!
So you just be REALLY careful, dear Daisy!!!!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

mm storms are scary indeed. Baby mao usually poos himself when there is thunder n lightning. I hope you stayed away from the window daisy!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Be safe Miss Daisy!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a nasty looking storm! My human doesn't like thunderstorms either. I guess they're ok, but very loud.

Your mommy is a very good photographer! She got a great picture of some lightning!

-Rosie

Dma said...

I'm with u Daisy. Storms scare me. Glad your latest went away with no damage.

Anonymous said...

Nothing to be ashamed of there. Storms are scary to humans too. I think my human would hide under the bed except my sisters Lizzie and Caitie are already there.

Lux said...

That storm looks scary, Daisy ... none of us like storms either, with blowy winds and stuff.

Tyler said...

Wow, I can't believe how ugly your storms are. Thank God we rarely have thunder and lightening and never in the summer. You poor thing. I would NOT like to see a frightful storm like you have.

Staying under the bed is a great idea! That's one of my favorite places. Sometimes I hide in my momma's bed, under the sheets. It's nice a dark and NO ONE can see me.

I hope your yucky storms go away. Let us know if any new trees lie down.
Hugs,
Tyler

Mr. Hendrix said...

thank goodness you were inside and dry and safe. keep an eye on the sky, and wear your raincoat while you're out!

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh, we hate those thunderboomers, too. That's a neat picture of the lightning!! And it is best watching it from under the bed.
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger

And.....................
MOM IS HOME!!!!

MaoMao said...

Wowie, whatta big thunderstormie! Dorydoo's a lot like you, Daisy, she's real perky and advenchurous, but she gets skeered of thunderstormies and goes off and hides.

I ain't skeered of thunderstormies at all! We hadda really big one a few weeks ago with big hail balls droppin' outta the sky and I stood at the window, pawin' at it cuz I wanted to go outside and play a game with the hail balls! Momma couldn't beleev her eyes. And um... Momma said NO to playin' with the hail balls.

hehe!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

sammawow said...

That looks like a really nasty storm. We're so glad that you weren't out in your stroller and that all your trees stayed standing up! We are both very good under-the-bed hiders too!

Purrrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Those black clouds look so angry! No wonder you were scared, we'd be too.

We hate the thunder and lighting, but we always watch mommy first to see what she does...and we copy her.

So if she is calm, when we stay calm and just stay put with mommy and even start grooming. Well, so far, it's been that way.

~Donny and Marie and Casey

Tiger Lily said...

Hi Daisy. Storms like that can be very scary sometimes. We get some bit thunderstorms in NM too. Jemima isn't scared of the noise so I have to not be scared too. I think Ruckus isn't afraid of anything yet.

Mom and my Daddy like to watch the storms. They go outside sometimes to watch them as they come in from a long ways away. Mom always comes inside before my Daddy does!

Unknown said...

I am just not scared of thunderstorms. I love them. Whenever I hear thunder, I run to the nearest window so I can get as close as possible.

Gretchen said...

I'm sacred of thunderstorms, too, but thankgoodness I live in a place that doesn't get many. My bean said she lived in Flordia when she was younger and she saw a lot of big winds and thunderstorms.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Yipes! And I thought earthquakes were scary!

Fox's Mom said...

Great pictures! I like under the bed, too. The covers come all the way to the floor and I feel very safe. And my people would help me if it was really bad. Do you have a hurricane evac pac? When my people still lived on the Gulf Coast she had evac pacs for her and Gator. Now I have one. But I really hope I never need it!

Daisy said...

Hi Fox's mom! We are all set for hurricane season with hurricane panels, box of supplies (food and stuff), a generator and portable AC. I hope we have a quiet hurricane season though!

Ivan from WMD said...

We think thunder and lightning is very scary too. Only our mom's bed is so low to the floor that no one can hide under it!

Kitikata-san said...

I don't like thunder storms also. When they come, I have to go hide.

Unknown said...

It must be that time of year for thunder & lightening because we had some this year too! I wasn't too scairt because I was right beside my Mummy, but if she wasn't beside me I would be scairt like you too.

I'm glad no trees fell down in your yard.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

az u may or mayn't know, daisy, da thunder an litenin storm wuz da cause uv da flood in mi basement las week! i hate dat!
wen mi mom wuz in florida vizitin mi grammy ... she took sum pikshurz uv da sky like yerz. dey were verree disturbin to me.
i am glad dat yer safe! under da bed, accordin to mi brudder matsui, iz a good place to hide owt!
luv--jh

Zoey and the furballs said...

Wow that does look very scary indeed!

Karen Jo said...

That was really a scary storm, Daisy. You were wise to hide under the bed. I am glad that no trees fell down this time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,
I am glad that the thunderstorm is over now at your place.
I have posted something on my blogg, come and see!
Love

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Hi Daisy

We had exactly the same weather on Saturday. Ours happened right at 5pm...it was furry scarey!

Purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

Wow that was a scary thunderboomer. We get scairt too and hide under mom's bed when we gets one of them.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I am glad all of the trees decided to stay standing. Does Pixie go under the bed, too?

Heart of Rachel said...

I would have been scared of the storm too. I don't like thunderstorms because I'm forced to turn off the computer. :)

Hope you're experiencing good weather today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails