Friday, July 27, 2007

Proverb Meme from Pixie!

It's me, Pixie! I was tagged by the lovely Miss Peach for the Meme about proverbs! A proverb is a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or the practical experience of mankind. They are often metaphorical. Here is Miss Peach's proverb:

Gather ye Catmint while ye may,
the time is right for drying.
For this same Catmint here today,
tomorrow will be steamrolled flat
by a herd of bulldozer cats!

That is a good one, Miss Peach! Now, here is my proverb:

It is no use closing the pantry door after the bananer has already been eaten.


Share/Bookmark

25 Notes for Daisy:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

miss pixie honey! you are adorable! and i like bananners too! i wish you could come and live with me, but in florida i live in a "no pet" building. that sucks. and sarge is allergic too. he has asthma. but i am going to pretend. (wink)

smiles, auntie bee

Unknown said...

You know, I think that I am going to have My Lady put bananers on her grocery list. They look tasty, you seem to like them anyway. I liked your proverb, it makes purrfect sense.

Rocky the Gutter Cat said...

Boy, yoo look pritty spicy in yer bananananer foto, Pix'. Yoo wanna join the Spicy Vixins???

Pixie said...

Hi Rocky! I think I am more crabby than spicy.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Pixie it's gurreat to hear from you!! That is a very deep proverb to be sure...altho I don't eat bananers.

~Casey

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hahahaha! That Pixie is a nanner addict!

PowersTwinB said...

Miss Daisy! I cant beleive you eat bananers! I am quite shocked...I had no idea a kitty would eat them! lol..just dropping by early for the hunt...I'll be bacccck

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Boy Pixie you sure likes your nanners. They looks tasty but I dont knows if mommys will give me some.

The Cat Realm said...

Hahahahahaha, Pixie! jeter would say "we are laffin an laffin"!
You are too funny. And the only cat we know who likes to eat BANANAS! We do not care for those at all....

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That's a great proverb, Pixie!

DMM

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

It is always love to see you showing Pixie, because you are represent the"cool" side of this blog~!
Your proverb is great~! Everytime I see you eating banana, I will you are so amazing, I just don't interested in That.

Good food and good choice, banana is really good for health~!

Ivan from WMD said...

Pixie, how can you stand those things??? Even smelling one makes my nose go all crunchy!

Around Your Wrist said...

pixie, that's a great proverb and a fun picture. i'm glad you have something you really like. it's got to be hard to not feel good and to feel crabby.

a deep rumbling purr from your friend benjamin

lordjaders said...

Ha, Ha--what an exprrression. Arrre you some new fangled brrreed of monkey cat? Purrrhaps a CATpoochin frrrom South Amerrrica?

They like ba-na-na-nerrrs therrre too.

Jade

Unknown said...

I got one fur you, Pixie:

A bananer a day, maykes da vet furry confused.

Luff, Minxy

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Pixie you are very smart.
This is a great proverb, and so absolutley true.

I hope you have a superfun week-end

Caesar!!

Lux said...

Excellent proverb, Pixie! :)

Mosaic Cats said...

This is so good, Pixie! We don't know any cats who love nanners. We don't even know if we love nanners. Wonder if we do? They are never in the house ("too high carb"), except for Chunky Monkey ice cream nanners (a zero carb food, of course.). Bianca LOVES nanners that way.

Michelle said...

Wow- I can't believe your cat eats banana's... did you put bacon on that banana? (I don't really think you did) too cute! -Michelle Smart not Cheap and One of a Kind Wisconsin

Gretchen said...

I like your's and Pixie's proverbs. Somebody must need potasium.

Bogdan, the editor said...

That proverb would work for all us kitties... Very smart of you..

Like:

For me: No use closing the pantry door after the potato has already been eaten.

For Sara: No use closing the pantry door after the avocado has already been eaten.

Kat 3: No use closing the pantry door after EVERYTHING has already been eaten.

Jaya said...

I wonder if Pixie has tried cantaloupe yet? I knew a cat once who loved cantaloupe so much he would dive into the trash to chew on the rinds!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Pixie my dear furrrrend! I just love your proverb! Tomorrow I am going to try to eat a banana...just for you:) I will let you know how I like it ok!
Oh and your blue outfit will be just purrrrfect for our trip to Hawaii!
Keep practising the hula girlfurrrend!

Diamond said...

Never saw a cat that would eat bananas before..LOL

Anonymous said...

daisythecurlycat.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails