Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Proverb Meme!

I was tagged by Jackie and the beautiful cats at We Three, Ginger Cats Tales for a Meme about proverbs! A proverb is a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or the practical experience of mankind. They are often metaphorical. Here is the the Ginger Cats' proverb:

Two cats in a bush,
Birds better beware.
One cat on a lap,
Birds safe anywhere.

Ah, this is very true. And now for mine. I been thinking very hard for this one! And I think this expresses a very commonly known truth:

A lizard in the Scientific Observation Pen is worth two in the wild.
To participate, just write your own proverb, link back to whoever tagged you, and then tag as many others as you wish. It is very fun! I am going to tag Skeezix, Marilyn MonREOW, and Honey P. Sunshine.

ps: If you haven't visited the ginger cats Elmo, Maurice and Pixie, you should! They have beautiful photos and entrancing stories that I think you will love very much.

Share/Bookmark

42 Notes for Daisy:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Woww, Daisy, that is deep.
You know, I really check the dictionary for"on the loose" mean, sorry for English is not my mother languange, but I think after checking the dictionary I got your proverb mean.

I think that one lizard in Scientific Observation Pen could let you watch and action to it carefree and don't need to chaise two free lizards tired around.
Isn't it?

You really like Lizard, really impressive me~! That is a very very adorable photo you are, so concentrate~!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

By the way, 3 the ginger cats blog is really beautiful, thanks for introduce, I love it and make the link already~!

Daisy said...

Michico, I changed the proverb a little from "on the loose" to "in the wild" but you got the right meaning! I am so glad you visited the Ginger Cats. Their blog is very beautiful!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

I do hope your lizard in the cute cage is not a rude lizard but a gentle lizard!
A fun Proverb meme too:)
I will visit the Ginger Cats this week too...we can use all the furrrrends we can find:)
Soft head bumps for my dear Pixie:) Maybe I can come over to your place and bring some tea and tuna puffs along...I know travel might be hard for Pixie.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

This is a fun meme! :) I like your proverb, Daisy. :)

Ramses said...

Oh cool you've got a lizard! :)

Samantha & Mom said...

Neat Meme. That's a a great proverb Daisy! We will go visit Elmo, Maurice & Pixie, too. Have a nice Wednesday.
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Daisy, yoo always impress us wif yoor inteliginse. We even haf our dad reading yoor blog every day! And that is saying sumfing.

Unknown said...

You are very good at proverb writing, Daisy!

-Rosie

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy! Thank you furry much for comin' to my page!
That was a great proverb, you must be a furry smart kitty.

Andrew Bun

Anonymous said...

Furry good proverb Daisy and so true. We agree about the lizards. Maybe some time in the Observation Pen will make them less rude. You could teach them some manners.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

two cats on my sidebars
are not worth
one cat in my lap!
how is that?

smiles, bee

Dma said...

Wow Daisy- that's a pretty intelligent proverb. And I gotta say I never really knew the definition of proverb before. You're pretty darn smart for a lizard chasin' cat. :-).

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

These are very cool proverbs. Here we can prove to humans that we kitties are VERY wise.

~Casey

LZ said...

That is a great meme! I think both of yours are very very true.

Kaze

Forty Paws said...

We love the Ginger Cats. They are so cool! You wrote a very nice proverb about George & George. Or is it George and Mr. Tom?

We don't think you would want to wear Dorf's sweater.

Luf, Us

Monty Q. Kat said...

Wouldn't one lizard in the tummy be worth two on the wall?

Gattina said...

Daisy you look like a scientific busy with lizard tests !

The Cat Realm said...

That is some proverb, Daisy! But I like the pictures to go with it even better!
Sorry you didn't win the monkeys...
I didn't either! But I had thought of sending every competitor a little monkeymagnet in case I win, which it would have meant they didn't get the monkeys. And as you still didn't get the monkeys I will still send you the monkeymagnet if you email me your snail mail!
Anastasia
thecatrealm at gmail.com

The Ginger Darlings said...

Nice one curly cat!
Lovely lizards too.
The sun is still shining today and we are all waiting for Martha to tell her story, meanwhile cat proverbs abound.
Today we met a girl named after you!
Gingercats

Tyler said...

I've never seen a lizard, but if it's as fun as catching a spider, I think that is a very smart proverb. Now does your mom open the SOP so you can eat the scientific object when you're done observing him?

Does Pixie like lizards too?

Tyler

Anonymous said...

That's a brilliant proverb Daisy!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Thank you Daisy, you let me learning more~!

*kiss*

Unknown said...

What a great proverb Daisy! You are very wise.

Skeezix the Cat said...

WOW, thanks for tagging me!! Yoo rote a grate proverb!!!

Mosaic Cats said...

Wow, your visual tools used to illustrate your proverb ROCK, Daisy! We are constantly amazed at how talented (and KIND) you are.
Skeezix was sweet to tag us. It was very exciting. And GUESS WHAT? Even before we came to see your submission, Sadie tagged all ginger cats! She's such a orange guy fetishist.
your friends.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

that is a wonderful proverb Daisy!! You look very scientific in your pic!!

Gretchen said...

A very lovely proverb, Daisy. It is very wise and thoughful. Love your lizard observatory.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I like your lizard proverb a lot! I'm going to visit the ginger cats right now!

MaoMao said...

Wowie, that's a superduper proverb, Daisy, and you are furry scyentifick, the way you study lizzards! Pretty soon you'll know enough to be able to kick Godzilla's butt!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

sammawow said...

Such an excellent lizardy proverb - we surely did like it! And we really did enjoy visiting the ginger cats, per your suggestion today! Lovely pictures and stories there.

Anonymous said...

What an excellent proverb, Daisy! I immensely respect your scientific mind. You're beautiful and brainy, that's for sure!

And thank you so much for the tag, dear. This will be fun!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
i wanna thank u fer participatin in da squillion contest. i luved yer entree az did so many uv da judjez!
u helped to make dis a grate week fer me!
luv--jh

snowforest said...

Thoughtful proverb. You look very observant watching that lizard!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Excellent proverb, Daisy! I really like your observation pen. I don't think that Mom would let me have one, though. I also don't think that I could handle Mom's screaming if I were to invite a lizard into the house.
DMM

Mosaic Cats said...

Daisy!
We had to come back to thank you for insisting that we visit the Ginger Cats Three. Wow. Mosaic Lady is enchanted and entranced, and has bookmarked the site so we can read each and every page in the fresh morning light.
The photos, the landscape, the writing, the pace, and the ORANGE GUYS...a very special, and very sacred, site.
Thanks for the wonderful referral!
Mystical Moments Mosaic Cats

Unknown said...

Oh my! I have been tagged twice for this meme already and I am now very creative, poetically. I have written one poem in my life on stinky goodness and I don't know if I could do it again, even something as short as a proverb. I will try, but I'm sure mine won't be near as good as yours.

lordjaders said...

A cat on a lap
Birds safe--so you see,
But not if the lap
Is sitting underrr a trrree!

Jade

A little twirrrp in my paw
Is worrrth two in the trrree!

Kitikata-san said...

I picked you as one of the 5 top Schmooze Blogger Awards! Why? Cuz you are so cute, and I love your happy blogs and photos.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That is a good proverb, Daisy.
We like your picture demonstrations!

~ The Cats

Lux said...

That's a great proverb, Daisy ... how smart you are!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Great proverb!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails