Monday, August 27, 2007

Alligator! In my backyard!!!

Sometimes when I go Outside on my harness and leash, I like to get close to the edge of the water in my backyard. Sometimes I can see FISH swimming in there! Well, I found out that it might be a mistake to get too close to the water. Because LOOK what came right to the edge of my yard! Can you see him? You might need to biggify the picture. Look very, very closely.
Here is a close up. A huge alligator! Aaaaahhhhhhhhh! He could eat me all up, too. When my Mommie was taking his picture, he decided to leave, and he made a big splash. I am not sure that my Mommie should be taking pictures that close to the alligator.
Here is another close up of his head. See his beady eye? This proves he is mean.
Finally he swammed away from my house. And I was happy.
You might be wondering what the alligator's name is. I did not ask him his name. Because I am not crazy.

Since the alligator came so close to my yard, my Mommie made a new rule. When I am in my backyard on my harness and leash, I am Not Allowed to get close to the water.


Professor Daisy's Tips for Cats: Do not get near an alligator's mouth. I mean it!



Share/Bookmark

71 Notes for Daisy:

Parker said...

That is very scary Daisy! Your tip about not getting close to his mouth is very sage advice!

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

ohhh, we would not want to be that close to take a picture either. Good rule Daisy. Stay far far away!

Happy Monday to Pixie and you and your Mama

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Dear Daisy,
We don't have aligators here on Long Island ... just annoying raccoons! Please be careful ... you would be a delicious meal for that critter!
I enjoyed your "D" entry yesterday!
Love--Mickey

HRH Yao-Lin said...

hehe no daisy you are not crazy! He looks horrible! But that is kind of cool that you have an alligator in the bottom of your garden. I just have worms in mine! c

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow Daisy, how scary that an alligator was so close to your house! I'm glad your mom made a new rule. I would not want the alligator to hurt you.

Snoskred said...

But Daisy Alligators can get out of the water too.. maybe it is Not Safe for you to go outside unless your Mommy has checked the yard to make sure no Bad Reptiles are hanging around.

I once saw a policemen catch one in somebodys garage on that COPS tv show. But those people had left the garage open. So tell your Mommy not to leave the garage open too!

I had some alligator friends at the Zoo, they were very nice but these are always wild animals and like you like to chase lizards they like to chase kitties.

That reminds me, how is the Sea Monkeys doing?

Snoskred
http://www.snoskred.org/

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Aaaaagh, dat was furry scary, Sadie is hiding ahind da couch after we bigified da pikshers! We loved your D meme yesterday, we were just sad and purraying fur Ana's return and din't comment. Dat is a furry good tip about not getting near an alligator's mouf, we wood avoyd da whole alligator!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

scary....

Sarge Charlie said...

Oh Daisy, don't go near the water.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like you have any brush or cover on the bank of your lawn for the alligator to hide in. THAT IS GOOD!! All your family should be very careful close to the water when they are mowing the grass and stuff, because big alligators tend to look on everything as potential food, and I know on Sanibel (I think it was Sanibel) Island, a number of small pets and humans were killed and/or eaten by these guys. They use the canals to move around their territory in. So all you guys be careful, okay? And keep the landscaping away from the water. And Daisy, you make sure you and your family stay at least 15 feet or so away from the water edge, because alligators are fast and not adverse to snatching a little snack off dry ground if it is close enough. Jeeze you guys...now I'm gonna hafta worry about you! But I have to admit, that must have been really cool and exciting!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Wowie.... scary ::shivers::

I am glad you are safe.

Happy Day sweetieDaisy

Ramses said...

Eeek, I hope there's no gators in our fish pond here! They look all big and scary, you're one brave cat sticking round long enough to see that one! :)

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHH, how scary Daisy! He did look like a mean alligator and was probably looking for a juicy cat to snack on. We are happy you did not become his snack and you should stay far away. Your mom is right to Not Allow you to get near the water. The hint from Professor Daisy is a good one.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah My god.... such a scary animal leave in your neighbor hood~!
You have to stay in safe ok??
Oah dear~!!!

Unknown said...

Daisy, that sure looked like a close call. You better be careful and not get too close to the water you know.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i was scairt of him too daisy!! wow, how did you effer stay that close to him? furry scairy!!!

smiles, auntie bee

Dma said...

OMG Daisy. I think your mom's rule is a very good rule. That is one mean lookin gator.

LZ said...

Um Daisy....I know you're very brave but I think that was bordering on dangerous. STAY AWAY from HUGE lizards.

Kaze

Tyler said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! An alligator!?!? In your backyard!?!?! I have a suggestion for a different rule. DON"T GO OUTSIDE EVER!

Please be careful Daisy. I don't have alligators where I live. Are you sure Mr. Tom is a lizard and not a baby alligator?

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep today. I'm all shook up.

The Crew said...

I think Tyler is right. Stay inside, Daisy. Otherwise you'd be a tasty tidbit for that nasty 'gator.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Daisy!!! How scarey to see that nasty ol' gator! We hear they love to eat kitties especially beautiful ones like you! We are so glad we don't have those in Chicago! Be sure to stay away from the water because we know the gators can move very fast!

Laila and Lilly

The Meezers or Billy said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - don't go near the water Daisy!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy, be safe from the alligator! That is so scary!

Chrissie said...

I think your mommie's new rule is a very good one! I'm sure that alligator would love to eat such a kyoot and fashunabul joosy yung cat as you! Stay far, far away!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Daisy
That would have made my tail furrs all bristles...wait wait I don't have a tail...no I would've arched my back real big (gee Mom says I am only about 12 " tall) and scairt the alligator away. Mom is shaking her head at me.

I think you're right. Don't go near the water! Water and cats don't mix well.

Purrs
Abby
Pee Sss
Momma says we have alligators down in the creek nearby where we live....OH NO!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! Daisy you need to make sure your Mommy stays away from the back yard because alligators can move very quickly. If you are ever being chased by one you need to run in a zig-zag, because they usually only run in a straight line.

Do your neighbors have a fog horn to blow to alert one another about the presence of the creatures? A tall brick wall would be good protection.

Be safe and please no unnecessary risks. Because they have legs they don't always keep to the water.

Anonymous said...

Oh I remembered. When we were at PetSmart the other night, I purchased an Indiana Jones type hat for Bobby. It is not quite big enough to sit perfectly be he has been having fun letting me try it on him. I told him that you always play dress-up. He's getting the hang of it but he ,likes to chew on it too.

P.S. I have a new site it is included in the url address.

Unknown said...

GASP! An alligator that close to your back yard! Oh Daisy, please be careful. I'm glad your Mum made a new rule. Maybe you should just go outside in your stroller! Your Mum was very brave to get those pictures - me and my Mum would have run crying into the house!

Anonymous said...

Daisy ... here is a link about those scary alligators

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Alligator

Lux said...

That's a good new rule your Mommie made - I was scared just *reading about your terrifying experience!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, I fayntid win I saw the pikcher of that ginormous allygator lizzerd in yer bak yard! I hope yoo never ever go owtside agin. Duz yer Mom take a shotgun with yoo win yoo go strolin'?

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Daisy, that is a VERY good rule your Mommy made! Your Mommy is very brave too for staying there and photographing the alligator. Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Shaggy and Scout said...

Reading Skeezix's comment gave us the funniest picture of your mom packing heat in the backyard.........!
Scout is dumb enough that he would try to stalk that gator then pounce at him. He stalks everything.
Ugly beady eyed allygator better leave you alone Daisy!

jenianddean said...

::Gulp:: A gator? Oh my goodness! Daisy please be very careful and I would never go near that water again. YIKES!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Jimmy Joe said...

That is even scarier than the swimming vishus deer, Daisy. You'd better follow your momma's rule on that one. And you should remind her not to get too close to an alligator, either. Unless she's at a college football game.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Karen Jo said...

Eeek! An alligator almost in your back yard! Stay far away from the water, Daisy. Your Mommie's new rule is a very good one.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! Bendrix & I are all for breaking the rules, but not this one. You make sure you follow this one and don't go close to the water. You're mommy is very brave for studying that alligator for us. Now we know what to look for. I have a creek in my backyard in Ohio, I hope I don't get an alligator!

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi Daisy,thanks for the welcome.WOW! I have never seen an alligator.Now I don't want to!
With Vishus Deer and Alligators,I don't think I will ever bug Mom to go outside.
Be careful Daisy! Purrs

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daizy- We iz furry impressed about da gator-beast. Your momee iz soooo curr-ageous, we tink she deserve a medal. & you too, fur standin' so cloze to da water. Be care-full, cuz we do not want to see you get into da H2o wit all doze teeth.

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

DAISY COOD I COME TO YER HOWSE TO VIZIT???? CUZ I WOOD BUNNYKIKK THAT ALLYGADER DED TO PROTEKT YOO FRUM GITTING EETEN BY HIM!!!! REELY, I COOD! CUZ I'M BIGGER THAN THAT ALLYGADER AND I'M NOT SCAIRT OF KILLING THINGS I KILL THINGS ALL THE TIME LIKE THE OTHER DAY I WINT INTO THE FOREST AND KILT A RAT IT WAS BIG BIG BIG AND I WUZN'T SCAIRT OF KILLIN IT IN FAKT THEY CALL ME THE TRIPINATOR WICH IS FRUM ONE OF MY ALLTIME FAVERIT MOOVEYS THE TURMINATOR IXSEPT I CAN'T REELY TELL ANYBUDDY THAT I LOVE THAT MOOVEY CUZ THE LADEY HATES AHHHNOLD I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE JUST DUZ AND I DON'T WUNT HER TO NOT LIKE ME CUZ I LIKE AHHHNOLD DAISY DID YOO SEE WARE I WUN THE MONTY Q CONTEST!!!!! AND IT WAS THE FERST CONTEST I WAS EVER IN!!!!!

Daisy said...

Tripper, I am very very proud of you for being a winner in the Full Monty contest. But I already knew you were a winner!

I am sure that you are a very brave cat, but DO NOT EVER bunnykick an alligator. I mean it!

The Cat Realm said...

That is sure a good rule!!!!
Daisy, thank you so much for your wonderful support in these hard times. I sure appreciate it a lot!
It will be very hard for us to post her last posts - but we think we owe it to her. She was such a sucker for the limelight, she would want EVERYTHING she had ever written being out there - no matter where she is.
Thank you Daisy for being here for us.
Karl

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Daisy, so glads you were safe! Thank goodness you were safe with your mommy.

Anonymous said...

Daisy,

I agree with mom's new rule.Please be careful.

DaCraftyLady said...

oh my Miz Daisy...what a scary thing to have happen to you....I would be so scared I think you are brave...

DK & The Fluffies said...

ok... I think I just dooted... ~Fiona Bun

Kimo and Sabi said...

Eeeeeeeeek! If we had pants on, we would have peed in them!

Anonymous said...

Daisy you live awfully close to the alligators! Be furry, furry careful. I don't think the alligators are mean, they just like to eat us!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh ... my ... gosh! That was a CLOSE one! You are furry fortunate to have been spared 'cuz I've heard that alligators are furry hungry eating MACHINES!
DMM

MaoMao said...

hehehe, Dorydoo loves yur answers to the D meme cuz her name is Dora the Explorer! And be kareful about them alligators! Them look like furry big and mean lizzards -- not polite at all!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Milton said...

That ali-gator is big and U-G-L-Y ugly!!
Stay away. I'm sure that you will be safe if you follow your mom's advice.
---Beezer

Around Your Wrist said...

your mommie makes good rules for you, daisy! i'm glad she keeps you safe.

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

AAAHHH! Daisy, be careful! We're glad your mommy made that new rule and you are going to follow-up. That is a little too close for comfort to old beady eye...
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Anonymous said...

EEK! Those alligators look much scarier than Godzilla! And I'm sure they are very rude. The new rule your Mommie made sounds like an excellent one.

You are a very brave girl, my dear!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Daisy, alligators are just TOO scary! Stay away! Run! How can you live in a place with monsters in the water?

~J&B

Tara said...

Very scary Daisy, I'm glad you didn't get too close! I chased a possum in our back yard last night, but that is not nearly as scary as an alligator!
Tara

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh my God, an alligator! I'm glad your Mommie isn't letting you get that close to the water any more.
That was too close for comfort.
Your FL furiends,

Poppy said...

Oh, that is so scary! You make sure to stay way far away back from that water! I'm glad you didn't ask his name. It was probably George anyway, right.

Poppy

Bogdan, the editor said...

Water + gator = bad bad bad

Christine and FAZ said...

YIKES - be careful Daisy and Daisy's mom. FAZ

darlene said...

gators in yur yard...yikes!!....thats crazy!....i guess i live in a different world...wow!!

Tink said...

I like gators, as long as they stay on Discovery Channel! ;-)
Please be very careful.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Daisy!! That was very close! I'm glad you didn't ask his/her name, alligators are whispering so you have to come close to hear them -- that's their trick.

So, I agree with Mommie's new rule, because your harness and leash is no guarantee nothing can happen.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so brave to live so close to those nasty gators! Be very careful when you go out!

Boy said...

Be VEWY careful Daisy!
That awwigator wooks BAD!!!!

Monica said...

Oh no, Daisy! That was very scary. I'm glad that your mom made the new rule.

Forty Paws said...

Pleeze be furry kirful Daisy. We dunt wunt yu to bee an alligator hors d'overs.

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

Glad you weren't an allie snack Daisy! Whew!
Is that a canal? Ma use to live in Florida when she was a little bitty and tried to climb a chain link fence where a canal was! Her ma caught her in time!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You have a lovely yard Daisy, I hope you obey your Mom's rule and stay far away from the water.

I would have been so scared if I had been there. We don't have alligators in our pond. But we did have beaver in it one time.

Andree said...

HOLY SHIT! That is awful! You stay safe, hear me??

Anonymous said...

Daisy: your mommy's new rule is wise. Stick with lizards smaller than your brave self. Next time you see one of those mean gators, maybe you might call on these guys to protect you: http://blog.feefifoto.com/2008/01/dog-pack-attack.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails