Friday, August 31, 2007

In Remembrance

Pixie and I are lighting a candle in memory of our sweet friends who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge. And I am wearing my pink wig in honor of Anastasia.
Goodbye Oscar the Puppy Cat, Anastasia, and little Ubee. You are very much missed, my friends.
This candle is in honor of all of our friends who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Pixie and I also want to remember the Cats-Who-Came-Before in our household: Slinky, Haiku, and Cricket.
Tribute To A Best Friend

Sunlight streams through window pane
unto a spot on the floor....
then I remember,
it's where you used to lie,
but now you are no more.
Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,
and muted echoes sound....
then I remember,
It's where your paws would joyously abound.
A voice is heard along the road,
and up beyond the hill,
then I remember it can't be yours....
your golden voice is still.
But I'll take that vacant spot of floor
and empty muted hall
and lay them with the absent voice
and unused dish along the wall.
I'll wrap these treasured memorials
in a blanket of my love
and keep them for my best friend
until we meet above.

Author Unknown

Please visit Kashim and Othello to learn more about the weekend of Silence and Remembrance.
Share/Bookmark

16 Notes for Daisy:

Around Your Wrist said...

that's beautiful, daisy! you captured the sadness--together with a little hope. exactly what we need!

Majhoula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That's a beautiful tribute Daisy.

Lux said...

What a lovely tribute to those waiting at the Bridge, Daisy ...

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Tank you Daisy, fur your beautiful candullz & we will be tinking of our own friendz in da sky too.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Daisy:
You've made a very sweet and thoughtful tribute to our furriends in the blogosphere.
DMM

The Furry Fighter said...

aw daisy that is a very moving poem.
i like your hoodie pictures too...you look bootiful! ise wearing a pink neckerchief today...xxx

DaCraftyLady said...

Oh Daisy...I love Purrrrrr Pink...You are soooo puuurrr-iful....

Unknown said...

Very beautiful Daisy.

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet, Daisy. Puuuuuuurrrrsssss.

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves you Daisy, because you are so thoughtful. I am sorry for yours and Pixie's losing your friends.

Gattina said...

Very sad, all these little darlings death now...

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

We are all remembering, too.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Very sweet <3

Karen Jo said...

You made a wonderful memorial, Daisy. I love the poem and the graphics. It is sad, but also hopeful.

The Cat Realm said...

I am starting to go out a bit, collecting pictures and awards for Anastasia'a memorial page - it is still so sad, and then I see all these wonderful things you have done, wearing her pink wig and honoring her and then I start crying again...
But I will be back soon, I promise! I had a bad day yesterday, when I tried to come back and learned about Alya...
Till soon, Karl

Related Posts with Thumbnails