Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A GIANT snake! In my house!!!

Look what got into my house last week: A gigantic snake! I know you are thinking that I am playing a joke with a rubber snake, but he is REAL. See his tongue? It is sticking out. In this picture you can see how gigantic the snake is. I never saw a snake this big before! I decided to study him closely. Because, I do not think he is dangerous. Snakes with venom in their teeths are very dangerous though. Stay away from them.
I touched the snake, but very gently, to see what he felt like. Then, when I asked him his name, he said "ssssssssssssss". I do not think snakes can speak very well. He might have been trying to say that his name was Ssssssstephen. But I am not sure about that.
When I tried to get even closer to the snake, my Mommie kept holding me back. It is hard to make new friends when your Mommie gets in the way.
And look at Ssssssstephen here! He is trying to make a smiley-face with his body. I never knew snakes were so happy.
My Mommie wrangled the giant snake into a plastic cup and made him go outside. And she was making a funny screaming noise when she did it.

Share/Bookmark

70 Notes for Daisy:

Parker said...

My Daddy would have made more than a little screamimg noise. He is very scared of Sssssstephens and all of his family

JT said...

Wow, Daisy! You're so brave! Your Mommie too! I've never met a snake, but I've seen lots of them on TV. I think they can eat cats!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, Daisy, a real snake! I've never seen a real snake. You are very brave to try to make friends with the snake.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

I don't blame your Mommy. It's hard to tell if a snake is poisonious without getting too close.

We had a snake in our garage but Scylla & Charybdis didn't see it. I am very glad because I think it was poisonous. Their Daddy had to kill it because we couldn't tell.

Mickey's Musings said...

Wow!!!!!! A sssssnake!I have never ssseen one before.You are breve to get close to sssee him.I think you have lots of interesting things where you live.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Snakes.... some are okay some are disgusting!
This little one does not look so bad, but really... not a happy thought to ponder that this creature was slithering in your house!

You were very lucky to atleast have a quick conversation with him before he was dispatched to the outside!

:::shivers:::

happy day Daisy and Pixiekins

Anonymous said...

We are lucky not to have any snakes where we live. Our mom would do more than scream - she would probably dance around screaming which is what she does when even a moth comes inside.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

have you bin watching reruns of steve irwin, he was always playing with snakes

HRH Yao-Lin said...

haha daisy you are so brave! If my human found one of those in her house she would have phoned environmental health and got them round to deal with it! She would never have put it in a cup! I think both you and your human are incredibly brave. I am gobsmacked! x

Monty Q. Kat said...

That's funny, MomBean is making the funny screaming sound now. Man she's loud...

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy! Between the alligators and the snakes, you are a furry brave kitty!

Andrewbun

Anonymous said...

Very scary Daisy! We had one in our house and our Mommie was crying and rocking back and forth in terror. Not sure why - it's a fun wiggle toy! Luckily, Daddy was home to "deal with" the ssssstephen. If Daddy wasn't home, Mommy would have just sold the house and moved.

The M's said...

uuh that looks like so much fun, can I have it, huh huh huh?,,,Munchkin

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ooohhhhh don't let sarge see that! he is furry askired uf enny snakes. he is furry brave on lots uf stuff, but not snakes!!! he runs FAST!

smiles, auntie bee

pee ess: i am not askirit of snakes. i once touched one. it was not slimy eiffer...

Dma said...

I think I'm with your mommy on this one Daisy- I'd be screaming too. You are much braver than many- and I'm glad you are always trying to make friends.

Anonymous said...

He is a beautiful snake Daisy, I'm so glad your Mom caught him and put him outside (even if she was screeching while doing it). Snakes are dry and smooth feeling aren't they? And they eat tons of bugs and rodents and little nasty creatures, but I think you'd need a much bigger snake to eat you! You're family is so cool! I hope Pixie is doing well!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what an experience! We don't see many snakes around here, much less in our own house. (And it's a good thing, too, because there are some nasty ones around here.)

-Rosie

Nomi said...

were I liff, we dont have sssstephens or gators or nuthin lyke that. Just as well, miewmie would go bezerk. Bad enuff when there is a spider around. I bought in a life mouse once and dropped it on the carpet. Ohh, dat was FUN.

Forty Paws said...

That snake is GINORMOUS! You be kirful Daisy!

Luf, Us

Christine and FAZ said...

This is amazing. We don't get snakes here in the UK very often so I was very interested to meet Sssssstephen! FAZ

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

OAH MY GOD, Daisy~!!! You are so so brave~!!!!
I live in very urban city so I never see a snake before. Michico only close to snake once while she is very little~!

We are very afraid of snake, most of the reason is we never try to and have chance to understand it~! But you and your mommy are amazing dare to move it outside~!! And that is momma will do, to protect the family~! Your mommy is awesome~!!!!

Thanks for sharing this, your house have so many different creature near by~!

Chrissie said...

Oh, my, bloomin' d-o-g! That is a looong and wiggly ssssssss! Your mommy was pretty brave to wrangle that herself! I haven't seen any of those around here.

Unknown said...

Daisy, if we had a snake in our house, our mommy would be screaming too. We bet they'd be fun to play with, like that mouse that got in one time.

LZ said...

Yet another reason we live in New Jersey and not Florida! Good job hunting!

Kaze

Anonymous said...

You have lots of cool adventures, Daisy! Since your mom just made the snake go outside, maybe Sssssstephen will come back in again. Just don't tell your mom when he does!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Do you think your lizzard George recommended your house and sent him over?

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow that's scairty!! you is a furry brave girl!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We love your sssssnake, Daisy! All we have here is our fake sssssnake to play with. But if a real one ever gets in the house, we've been practicing how to keep it away from momma and her screams that will scare the poor ssssnake.

Laila and Lilly

Anonymous said...

Wow, Daisy!
Lizards, and gators, and snakes!
And Sea Monkeys!!!
It's like Daisy's Wild Kingdom!!!
We're glad you are such a sssssnake charmer, and helped your Mommie get Ssssstephen back to the wild outdoors.
You and Mommie (especially Mommie!) are very brave. Not The Mama doesn't know Florida snakes very well, but a baby one that small should be harmless. He looks like a garter snake, we think.

Cheers to you & your Mommie, for another wild animal adventure!

Your fans from Purrchance To Dream,
Daphne & Chloe & Spooker & Jazper

Skeezix the Cat said...

Is that a boa constrikter or a python? It looks a lot like Monty the boa contrikter hoo livs at Bullevard Pet Hospitul. Win they lived in the howse beefore this one, my big bruther Mao used to ketch snakes evry day and bring them into the howse into the hallway and he'd rassle them by throwing them aginst the wall and the FL wood have a fit cuz she cood deel with anything but snakes and she'd yell, "Mr Tasty Face!!! Mao's got a [bad werd] snake agin and he got its blud and guts on the wall." His rekerd was 3 snakes in one day. Then the FL deesided to start taking them to the wildlife hospitul for injurd snakes wich ment she had to box 'em up and drive them in the car with her even tho she didn't like snakes vary much. Win she did that, she usually got stuk in traffik. So she's glad we don't live by a snake pit anymore.

Victor Tabbycat said...

OMG! You are so brave, Daisy! I don't know what I'd do. Mom would freak. She don't like snakes. She said it looks like a ribbon snake a friend had. Skeezix mite be rite, tho. Boa constrictors an pythons are gettin more common. Be careful! Make sure it doesn't come in again!

Daisy said...

Well, the giant snake did not try to wrap around my neck and strangle me, so I am thinking he is not a constrictor. I think he might be a garter snake, like Not the Mama said. Next time he comes inside, I will wrap him around my thigh and see if he really is a garter snake.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy!
You are so brave. I do not know what I would do if I saw something like that squiggling in my house. Perhaps our Mr. Jinx would take care of it. I think I would look at from a distance though.

Purrs
Abby

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy! My frend Delilah haz a pet snake dat she bringz into da house.Also, Iris da ring-tail calico, she leavez dos tings on da bathroom floor too. I myself, brought one into da hall way fur momee. But your momee iz more brave then my momee... cuz she won't touch dose tings at all, not even in a cup!

The Furry Kids said...

Did you hear Momma screaming all the way in FL? Because she's still screaming and hyperventilating. One time, Momma and my aunt came home and tried to get out of the car but there was a snake like yours in the driveway. They were super askeered and refused to get out of the car. They sat there for over an hour until their dad got home. He couldn't find the snake anywhere, which was supposed to make Momma feel better, except that it made her more askeered thinking that the giant snake was out there lurking somewhere. hee hee
Ssssstephen looks like he might be nice. I hope you get to know him better.

Love,
Tazo

Unknown said...

Ooh a snake! That would be a neat new toy to find in my house. My Lady thinks that snakes are neat. She would have taken it outside for your momma.

jenianddean said...

You and your mommy have some wild adventures. My mom would have been screaming like crazy if we had gigantic snake like that in our house.

Just a quick question - do you still just weigh 6 pounds? My mom wondering because my sister Maggie only weighs 7 pounds. Just curious...

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, that is an exciting adventure, Daisy! We've never had a snake in our apartment, which is probably a good thing, because Momma says she would scream so loud it would hurt our ears if one comes inside. There are sometimes snakes outside, but I just leave them alone. They're kinda shy, actually. Ssssstephen must be an unusually friendly snake!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Tyler said...

Wow, it's like you live on a wildlife preserve. So many of them make it into your house. I think you need to put up a sign telling the wildlife to stay out. I hope the alligator isn't the next one you'll find inside.

The Feline Sextet said...

WOW Daisy you's brafe! We's nefur seed a snake up close, Meowmy's not askeered of 'em,but she dussent likes dem eifur, Granmeowmy's turrified of dems tho, and so's da buddy! We agrees it lookies like a garter snake, and we's glad your Meowmy putted it owtside instead a killin it!
Meowmy had a little snake story fur you, a cupple weeks agos she and GranMeowmy was goin to da noble barnes store (what makes a barn so noble?) and dey droved by a empty house wif a buncha big birdies in da yard and one of dems had a BIG black snakey in it's mouf! Meowmy'd nefur seen ennyfing likes it, she said da snakey was prolly longer dan da birdie was big, and it was some sorta crane-type birdie, not a little one!
T.F.S.

DK & The Fluffies said...

aaaaaaaaaa Hop away! Hop away! ~Fiona Bun

The Crew said...

Daisy, I can't believe how brave you (& your Mom) are! Mom, Tipper & I would be very scared if we got a snake in our house.

Misty

The Furry Fighter said...

my oh my Daisy! we have never seen a snake before in our house, please be careful! however my meowmie saw a sssssssstephen snake in India when she was there, she was on the pottty (well, balancing above a hole in the ground if the truth be told) and a sssssstephen slid under the door of the toilet...the sssstephen was as frightened as her and it's neck went all big and it hissed at her. Meowmie ran from the toilet and the Indian toilet-man screamed and said that the sssstephen was something called a Cobra. meowmie has a photo somewhere, perhaps she will put it on her blog one day too xxx

Daisy said...

WOW! A cobra is a very, very scairty snake!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a snake! He looks like a very charming and happy little snake.

Mom and Dad both like snakes, well... as long as they're not venomous! One of Mom and Dad's family members has a gorgeous ball python, and Mom enjoys holding her. She's very friendly and curls around Mom's arm!

I think Ssssssstephen is an excellent name for a snake *smile*.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

DAISY I WOOD LOVE TO LIV AT YER HOWSE AND GIT TO BUNNYKIK SNAKES AN LIZZERDS AND GATERS AND SEE MUNKEEZ ALL THE TIME CAN I MOOOVE IN WITH YOO? PIXIE LOOKS LIKE SHE'D ENJOY A GOOD BUNNYKIKKING.

MaoMao said...

snake, snake, snake! Where? I wanna play with him, too! Sssssstephen looks KOOL -- and very friendly! It was nice of him to kurl into a smiley face for you!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Unknown said...

I love snakes. Taste like chikkin. And yoo can play with them a long time beefore they kik the bukkit - unlike Jeter's mowse.

Daisy said...

Mao and Tripper, my Mommie said you have to play gently with the snake.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! you're gonna put the snake around your thigh and see if it's a garter snake? that made our Lady laff lots. we've never met a snake, but the people that live in the house in front of us have a HUGE snake that lives in their garage which is RIGHT BELOW OUR FLOORS! sometimes they let it out to slither around tree branches and sometimes Mr. Tatoo Man (the snake's person) wears the snake around his neck and scares the kids in the neighborhood. we're worried that the snake might escape and come up through the floors to visit us, but so far we've only been visited by ants - a squillion and a half of 'em were in our kitchen this morning.

Kimo and Sabi said...

He looked like he wanted to dance! Maybe he could be yer special species friend.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk! Icccckkkkkkkk! Dat's what we say! Dat snakie is so long it coulda wrapped itself around yur neck or yur Mommies ankle and dragged her or you away! Ohhhhh ::thud::. *Dat wuz Mommy passin' owt* from da scare*.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Ssssstephan is a garter or grass snake. Dey is all over our yard...sometimes mom is not careful when she cuts da grass and snake bits shoot out of da lawn mower! Once, Zippy cawt a mouse and one of Ssssstephans cuzzins stole it from her. Dat's what she gets fur not paying attenchun.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Wow Daisy! You get all kinds of critters at your house! All I get is a mouse now and then. Meowm squeals when she sees mice. I think that is funny.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

nice snake, daisy.
jus wunderin ... how duz yer growt stay so whit an fresh (laffin an laffin!)
luv--jh

Dobby said...

I wished you woulda licked the snake to see what it tastes like.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Wowie, that looks like so much fun! So sorry, mommies sure get in the way of having fun, don't they???

Your mommy is brave...my mommy would have climbed on a chair and screamed and screamed until daddy got rid of it.

~Donny

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Holy smokes, daisy! You AND your mommy are very very brave. That snakey looks like he could really be trouble even though he was trying to make you smile with his smiley faces. We have heard that snakes are very deceptive so you and your mommy did the right thing by being careful and not trying to keep him or anything.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Your adventure with Sssssssstephen made me laugh, Daisy! I really needed that laugh this evening. Thank you! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

sammawow said...

My goodness, you and your Mommie are very brave wrangling that snake out all by yourselves!

Purrrrrrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Zoey and the furballs said...

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! That was Mommy running from the room. I think she maybe doesn't like the snake.

Rosie & Cheeto said...

How silly of hur to hindur yer friendship with the snake. Yer lady probublie got to meet the snake by speaking his language...funny screamy noise is problublie what he speaks.

Christine and FAZ said...

Hi Daisy, I've gotten myself something really warm to wear to the Antarctic, come and have a look. I think it would look really cool on you too. FAZ

ChicoryChick said...

That is hysterical!

Sarge Charlie said...

you must name the next brave sea monkey Daisy.........

ygen said...

you have such an adorable cat!:)

Anita said...

Wow! you are brave! Snake are dangerous and she was very very BIG! Muhahahaha!

Unknown said...

ssstephensssss are one of the reasons I moved 3 years ago. I lived in a first floor apt with a patio. Several times in one summer, I had ssstephensss (anywhere from 1 to 4 of them!!!) get into my LIVING ROOM from the patio! I wasn't kind. I killed most of them, but when I left there, there was still one unaccounted for! UGH!

Now, I live on the 3rd floor!!!!!

Andree said...

Daisy?
TIME TO MOVE!
We don't have crocodiles (or alligators or whatever they are) or snakes like that. our snakes you can eat! Cool, huh? they are safe for eating and do not attack.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Daisy, you are brave. I had a snake just like that one come into my kitchen once. It was very skerry and I was very afraid and not brave like you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails