Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Toesday Mistake

I was posing for what was supposed to be an "artistic" photo that didn't quite work out. Then, I made a very BIG mistake!
I showed off how long and sharp my clawrs had gotten! And guess what happened next?
The clippers!!! First I put my ears back and gave them a dirty look. This did not work.
So next I stuck my tongue out and looked sad. This did not work either.
Finally I gave in and raised my paw for the torture to begin. I kept my eyes squinched tightly shut.
ps: Do not worry, my Mommie had to put the camera down and use both hands to do the clipping.

Share/Bookmark

78 Notes for Daisy:

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

oh oh we do not like teh clippers either and momma saided yesterday that our claws need clipping soon she only was to tired yesterday to do it *phew*
hey but we love the picture of you sticking the tongue at the clipper!
puuurs KAshim & Othello

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those are very cute photos, Daisy. I can sympathize. I don't like having my claws clipped, but I am used to it since I have to have mine trimmed twice a week, because they grow so fast. I normally get stinky goodness afterwards, though, so that's alright!

Cat Naps in Italy said...

Not the clippers! You are such a sweet cat to sit there and take such wonderful photos! We love the one of your sticking your tongue out!

Love,
Opus and Roscoe

The Meezers or Billy said...

aww Daisy, so cute. we love the sad look wif the tongue out. i wonder why that didn't werk on your mommy?

Parker said...

Oh no! Clippy Claws! Not a good thing, not a good thing at all.

Ramses said...

Oh the claw clippers of doom! I had a visit from dem too yesterday before my trip to d'Vets to get my eye poked and cone head fitted... :(

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Mommy saids yous hads raptor claws. I thinks they are some sort of lizard. Are you turnings into a lizard Daisy?

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Poor Daisy. I am lucky, I do not get claws trimmed. I need them to hunt. And since I go outside, they do not get trimmed.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Wow, your nails were really long. I'm sorry Mommie saw them and used the clippers on you :-(

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh no Daisy. Bet yoo don't make that mistake again.We don't git our claws trimmed cuz climbing trees and fings keeps them short (and sharp)

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Oh fank goodness she used bouf hands. But isn't one hand aposed to haf treats in it for good girl clippins?

Mickey's Musings said...

Daisy,you are a very brave girl.You faced the clippers!!!!
I must confess,I am not nearly as brave.

Tink said...

Wow, but your nails were very long! Clipping them isn't fun to do either, but sometimes necessary... And of course you look cute as ever in the pics! :-)

Monty Q. Kat said...

BabyBean does the same thing when Mombean tries to trim her nails. I think you take it better than her, though...

Anonymous said...

Oh no the dreaded nail clippers! At our house we do not get our nails clipped because mom likes to keep her bloods inside.

The M's said...

Thanks for reminding me, Missy needs hers cut too.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

i got my nails done last week, lots of temptations followed

Anonymous said...

Did you get a after-pedi treat?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy,

I exactly knowing "not work" means~! If michico wants to cut my claws, no matter what I do, she just cut it~!!!

At least we do our best to save it! Don't we~?

You are so adorable at today's photos as always :)

Hugs,
Adan

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

You are so brave Daisy! Those were some pretty long nails!

Dma said...

I love your giving the clippers your best dirty look. I think that would have worked on me.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo gave in too easily, we all kick and scream like mom is killing us. Well, Sadie does anyway. I get snuck up on and have to twist and try to run away. Zippy doesn't get clippy-claws. She's speshul...and has no front claws.

Sassy Kat said...

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh clippers. I don't know why humans like to keep our nails short. I think yours was getting just long enough to have nail polish on. Oh, I was visiting with Beau today and he isn't feeling too good. Thinking if we all could visit over there and let him know that he is in our thoughts and prayers this might make him feel better. Thought you would want to know.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

daisy darling, us girls LOVE pedicures!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxo

jenianddean said...

UGH! "Spa day" That's what mom calls it. It really doesn't feel much like a spa. I think it's torture. (Maggie likes it.) My mom loves the picture with your tongue out. It made her giggle.

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Sarge Charlie said...

You are such a nice cat, Miss Bee would love it if you came for a visit.

Asta said...

Daisy
you awe an amazingly good giwl to sit so patiently..I would have pwobably wun away!

I love youw awtisic photo too, and all youw ways to twy to get youw Mom to not use the evil clippews..I hope it didn't huwt!
My nails get sandpapewed off at my wun cause it's made of cement, and i go evewyday and weaw them off heehhehe.
smoochie kisses
Asta

zevo hussein calamari said...

You poor darling... first you were tortured and forced to wear platforms...NOW the clippers? You deserve a spa day.

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

I love those long, beautiful Tallons, Daisy!! Too bad they had to be clipped.

Hey -- our clippers look just like yours!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I like the shot of you sticking your tongue out at the clippers! Puuurrrrrfect

Happy Day to our devoncurly girls

Forty Paws said...

Poor Daisy. You took it very well. It takes both Maw & Paw to trim our claws.

Luf, Us

LZ said...

Oh I'm so sorry! I can't stand to have my claws trimmed. Its a 1.5 person job and I purr the whole time as if to say "I'm cute, why are you killing me?"

Kaze

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

Do you know what? Momma has never clipped our nails herself...I don't know if she would know what to do! Oh the horrors..we go to the Vet to get ours done...

Purrs
Abby

Tara said...

It is not very fun getting your nails clipped. But you look like you accepted the inevitable very well.

Tara

Laura W said...

Very beautiful series of photos, Daisy. I especially love the first one, and in the last one, your counter goes so nicely with your coat.

Anonymous said...

"Oh No" the dreaded clippers.I hate having my claws clipped I always bite.You were very good though :)

Unknown said...

Daisy, those pictures of you making funny faces are great! You're very brave to just hold up your paw and get it over with. Now you have to get to work re-sharpening your claws.

Nomi said...

You woodent catch me beeing so brafe. I goes owtside so no clippy ippy for me !! Yor fotos are weely cute.

Unknown said...

The pictures are adorable, but your captions are down right funny!

panasonic massage chairs

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Ooo we hates the clippers. I cry when ever momma does mine but I hold still. The first time the parents tried to clip Empress's she made momma and daddy bleed ALOT. Momma let the V.E.T. do it when she went to visit her last Friday. Smart momma. :D

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, yoo reely need to git SoftPaws --- then yoo can be fashunubul and still keep long claws.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good cat about getting your toes done Daisy. I can't believe that you did not hide when the clippers came out.

Anonymous said...

Cats and humans have different ideas about claws. A cat needs long sharp claws but a human just cuts them off. I am glad I have my claws even if it takes both my humans to clip them.

The Furry Kids said...

Oh, Daisy. I thought the sad look would have definitely worked. Your Mommie sure does play hardball. I'm sorry you got your claws clipped. :(

Love,
Tazo

Frasier said...

Hi Daisy,
I never realised how popular you were,a lot of doggies speak highly of you!!!Thats rare from dogs ....you know !
I hate that nail cutting thing.In our house its a two man job!Because I wriggle very badly!
Frasier

The WriggleButts said...

We're sorry for your claws.. Rest in peace, little pointy pieces! Hopefully you'll have new, nice, long claws in no time! Just remember to hide it well!

The WriggleButts

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you are giving a good show, but it didn't work out. I hope you got many extra Temptations?!!

My claws has to be clipped 2 times a week too, and I just sit still so the thing is over very quick.

Headbutts
~Ruis

Black Cat said...

Wow, those claws are (were!) pawsome! You were such a good girl to sit there and not run away:)

I guessed right on your Monday Mystery btw:) xxx

Leona said...

Daisy you are very brave to face the demon clippers. Ma needs more than two hands to clip us- more like two hands, two feet, a straight jacket. We will never give in!!!!!!

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Oh poor Daisy! Your pictures are always very artistic.

Shhh! I'm not gonna let my mom see this post of yours. I already overheard her say that during the Holiday weekend she's going to give me and Tommy pedicures/manicures. I'm hoping she will forget.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are hoping our Mommy is too busy to read this post. It might give her the idea to clip our claws.

The Crew said...

Uh oh. Now Mom is thinking about claw trims. I have to go hide!!

Max S

Christine and FAZ said...

I have to go to the vet for my clipping - apparently my behaviour is anti-social (whatever that means). Did you get them painted as well Daisy for Fashion Friday? FAZ

Poppy said...

Oh, I HATE to get my nails clipped!!! Clover is very good about it though. Mommy uses the exact same clipper that you have!

Poppy

HRH Yao-Lin said...

hahahahaah!!! Oh daisy I am sorry to hear you had to have your claws clipped. I have never had mine clipped, the human wouldn't dare! x

Shaggy and Scout said...

Isn't it crazy how one things leads to another!

MaoMao said...

hehehe, those are such cute pickshures of you, Daisy -- and that's a good idea to stick yur tung out at yur Momma when she's gettin ready to clip yur clawsies!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Scout said...

I hate the clippy things! I am glad your Mommy put down the camera first.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Daisy, you are such an accomplished photographic model that you turn the most mundane task into a show.

Ferndoggle said...

Do you mean to tell me that Kitties have to endure those clippy things too??? I thought you guys got all the breaks.

I still wanna be a cat.

Lola

The Devil Dog said...

Oh, you are a very good cat, Daisy to raise your paw for trimming. You are such a good girl. I am not nearly so good.

Roxy

DK & The Fluffies said...

Quite possibly the scariest post ever! ~Fiona Bun

Gretchen said...

Yuck, I know those clippers. I have a pair just like them. Grrrrr...is what I say to those nasty little clippers. Both my beans have to hold me and one cuts....

darlene said...

hee hee!!...clipping is such a chore here as they all scatter....lol

None said...

Oh NO Daisy you just reminded my servants to clip my claws of hell! This is bad news for me, I hope you didn't put any other kitties in the same trouble.

Purrrs,
Tamra

Anonymous said...

Whannh! A manicure and a pedicure. How special! Did you Mommie paint your nails also, Daisy?

Anonymous said...

Claw clipping -- hrmmm, not a pleasant prospect. I think you did an excellent job of trying to dissuade your Mom, dear!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Phoebe said...

Oh, that is a very sad story, Daisy. I don't like to get my nails clipped either.

Anonymous said...

It's not fun getting nails clipped - but remember it's good for you! If they get too long they can get caught on things and rip out, and that would hurt a lot!

Andree said...

I'm jealous that you are a nice kitty and mine are so bad about their claws. I'm happy if I get away from them after clipping claws with only two bleeding wounds. What makes you so good??

Tyler said...

Happy Thanksgiving Daisy and Daisy's mom! Hope you have a wonderful time with family and or friends.

Unknown said...

Oh yuck! At my house we hate mani/pedi time! I hope you were okay!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, you are very brave! We try to run away and mommy must hold us down while daddy cuts our nails. It is very stressful...
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie
ps. we like the photo of you with your tongue sticking out!

PB 'n J said...

Oh - we hate Mani-Pedi too (that's what mom calls it to make her feel better for torturing us). Now she's thinking she needs to give us Mani-Pedi - oh no!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Your clippers are far scarier than mine. My momma uses little baby snap clippers with very sharp ends to get my claws down to nubs.

DMM

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
i haven't been arownd fer sum time ... so i jus caught up wid all yer postz.
i wanna congratyoolate u on all yer awardz. u deserve evree one uv dem!
luv--jh

Karen Jo said...

You are such a good cat, Daisy. I am surprised that you didn't run when the clippers came out. You did a good job of trying to dissuade your Mom, but you are very brave to face the inevitable and hold your paw out.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

One time Meowm took me to the v-e-t
just to get my claws clipped. She settled in to wait and I was whisked back out within a matter of seconds. Meowm was astounded! She was even more astounded when I got the "good cat" discount.

Related Posts with Thumbnails