Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thursday 13, Edition #44: Lizard Hunt!

Here is an illustrated 13-step guide to lizard hunting for cats:


Identify your prey. Do not be scairt if the lizard opens his mouth to show you his teeths. This is a trick.






Lock in on your target with your laser eyes. You must use strong concentration here.





Inch slowly closer....









At this point, you may attempt a one-paw lizard grab.








If he escapes, be ready to chase!






You can try negotiating with the lizard. This does not usually work, because lizards are not very smart. Or maybe they just have poor hearing.






Try for the lizard-grab again, only this time you can try to corner him against a wall.







You should not be surprised if the lizard tries something sneaky like running under a table and chairs.





Do not be fooled if the lizard tries to disguise himself with dust bunnies and other dirt found on the floor (sorry, Mommie).



You may ask a friend for help if you need it. This is not a sign of weakness.








I have found that, many times, it helps to understand things if you tilt your head left and right and look very quizzical.






Try not to let your Mommie catch you hunting lizards in the house. Because she will scoop the lizard up and steal him away from you.





Once the lizard has been released Outside, it is polite to thank him for the fun game, and wish him a happy life. Until you meet again.


Share/Bookmark

74 Notes for Daisy:

Parker said...

I'll bet he would have been very tasty in a stew! Was he a rude lizard, or did he thank your Mommy for sparing his life?

Poppy Q said...

Daisy you and your mommy should be comedians. Tanks for telling us what to do if we find a lizard.

Dat was very funny. I am glad your mommy set him free too. I don't really like lizard stew.

Ramses said...

Oh that's a great guide Daisy, now can you please send us some lizards to hunt so we can try our paws at it!? :)

Sadly we live in a lizard free zone... :(

Zoolatry said...

This is amazing! Is it a "real" lizard... if so, it must be a really lazy, lethargic lizard! Ours move way too fast for photos or much chase 'n play time. What fun for you...

Anonymous said...

Great guide! Had fun reading it :)

Happy Thursday!

Daisy said...

Maggy and Zoey, it is a real lizard. But I had been playing with him for a while before my Mommie got the camera out, so I think he was pretty tired by the time we took these photos. And he was just little. Notice how his tail was already missing? I did not make his tail fall off.

Gattina said...

What a cute cartoon, lol ! Lizard hunting ! My cats have never seen a lizard because in Belgium there are none. Only mice but that's another story !

Anonymous said...

Your mommie has a kind heart to let that lizard go free. Drat those kind-hearted mommies, always spoiling a cat's fun...

Don't get me wrong, mommies are very good things to have, but sometimes I wish they'd let me deliver a Killing Bite!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wonderful step-by-step guide to hunting lizards, Daisy. We don't have lizards in Germany, so I've never seen a real, live lizard.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

WOW! What cool toys you have there in Florida!

Monty Q. Kat said...

He looks tas...err, like he was a lot of fun!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

daisy is that hurricane rain headed for you?

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Do not try to catch anole by tail. It will come off. This does not hurt lizard and it will grow back later.

Do no eat the back end and leave the front end, still alive, sitting around. This grosses the humans out and they get upset.

Geckos are easier to catch as they are not so fast. But then they will try to talk out out eating them. Eat first, then listen.

Sasha said...

Daisy, you made one mistake with this lizard and that was not to get him in your jaws straight away. Lynettea visited another cat called Annie today who looks like you. Annie has started her blog, but her Mummy has not been a well human and hasn't been able to help her get it going. Maybe when her human feels better Annie will be able to join us in our chats.

Daisy said...

Diamond Emerald Eyes: Thanks for the excellent advice!

Diamond: I am looking forward to meeting Annie.

Honey: We are under a tropical storm warning. I think we will get lots of wind and rain. It is not too bad right now though.

Mickey's Musings said...

Those were very helpful instructions Daisy. I have never seen a lizard here,but now I know what to do if one comes into my house. Thanks!
Purrs

Dma said...

I love the tilt your head and look quizzical strategy. I think I'll add that to my own arsenal in my daily encounters I have with lizards of a different kind.

The Furry Kids said...

You guys are awesome hunters! I sure wish we had lizards here. I have learned some very important hunting techniques today. I would really like to try them out.

Love,
Tazo

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Daisy, I think this is one of my favorite T13 so far! I love that you and Pixie have fun activities together. Thanks for illustrating how to catch a lizard in case I ever come across one. Now I will know what to do!!

purrs and headbutts,
Icon

Forty Paws said...

This is a wonderful step-bystep instruction on lizard hunting!

Luf, Us

Jimmy Joe said...

That was a great instruction manual, Daisy. You should get it published as "Lizard Hunting for Dummies."
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

The Crew said...

Oh Daisy, you & Pixie have all the FUN!! We never get lizards at our house...mousies yes, but not lizards. I wonder if your lizard hunting technique will work for mousies too.

Your friend
Misty

Mom2fur said...

Thank you for the tutorial, Daisy! We do not have lizards here. Just mousies and sometimes a shrew or a bunny. Our mommy chases us away if we try to get a baby bunny. She is no fun. Why do mommies always rescue our 'toys' from us?
Signed,
Nutmeg and Mercedes, from Long Island

jenianddean said...

Daisy,
Thanks for the step-by-step instructions. We had an exciting day over here yesterday. First, when mom when out to light up the pumpkins, there was a lizard on the door and it jumped onto mom's shoe. She let out a huge scream and the lizard ran off!
And the second was a tiny snake got into our garage. You can read all about it on our blog. It was a nutty Halloween!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

This also works on buggies too.

Purrs
Abby

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We have studied yoor lizzerd hunting strategies just in case we ever get one here. Zippy gets mousies but only when she's outside. Dem mousies won't come in da house unless Zippy brings dem in and mommy doesn't like for her to do dat.

Anonymous said...

We have taken note of your skills Daisy. When Mom let's us get a lizard we are now all set to play. Thank you!

~ Shadow ~

Anonymous said...

But Daisy, if lizards are rude then you are being so polite to them--are you sure?

Anonymous said...

Oooooooo! Lizards! Ick! Only one of us like lizards and it ain't our mommy!

Tybalt said...

Great tips, Daisy! I will be prepared now for any lizards that might come my way.

None said...

Wow! That looked fun, I wish I had lizards here to play with. Looks like this one in particular didn't make it in your stew...

Purrrs,
Tamra

Tara said...

Great instructions Daisy, I took notes for the next time we go to our mountain house!

Tara

Scout said...

That was an excellent tutorial! I had Mommy print it out for me so I could study it more closely and be prepared when lizard season starts up again in the spring.

It must be sad that Mommy catches the lizard in the house. I have never had one come in. I have to find them in the back yard. You are lucky that they come to visit you!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

This is an awesome lession to me, Daisy~!!!! That is wonderful~!!!!
I am very happy I could take this fabulous class today~! I may not have chance to catch lizards(I don't have anyone in my house).

BUT, I enjoy the best hunter's class~!

Patti said...

What a cute post! :) And a very cute kitty! :)

Kimo and Sabi said...

Great TT! You could write "How To" books!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

One of our One Who Came Befores was an excellent lizard hunter. He would actually go and get lizards and bring them inside to his kitty brothers that were not allowed outside. Seeing your post reminded Mommy of Pookie and made her smile! Thanks for that!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Thank you for that lesson! Now I know exactly what to do if a lizard ever gets in my home!!!

Skeezix the Cat said...

We never git lizzerds inside owr howse... how do yoo git them to come in so yoo can hunt them?

Black Cat said...

That was an excellent tutorial Daisy. We don't see many lizards here in England (though I think there are some native species) but Oliver was a frog hunter. I was the one who had to rescue them because hubby didn't like to touch them!

I love, love, love your skeleton outfit that you wore yesterday. Hope you had a great Halloween with lots of treats:) xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish we had lizards here, I never see one. But maybe now I am on the road trip I get a chance to go after one, so thank you, Daisy for the detailed lessons!!

Headbutt
~Ruis

Shaggy and Scout said...

Daisy, do lizzerds have teeth in their mouths or do they just gum their food to death before swallowing?

Nomi said...

I shall adapt your excellent tutorial to huntin mices cos we dont haf lizzerds here. Well, very rarely but I hafent seen one.

Anonymous said...

You and Pixie are really good lizard hunters Daisy. It is too bad your mom took him away. We just have rude squirrels in our yard, but no lizards.

Poppy said...

Very informative! We don't have lizards, but that is what we do with spiders in our house. They never let us eat them!

Poppy

Daisy said...

Scooby, Shaggy & Scout: Lizards have teeths. But they are very tiny.

Skeezix: I do not know how the lizards keep breaking into my house! It is just the little ones.

snowforest said...

Lots of good advice for dealing with the lizards. You and Pixie are both furry good huntresses.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Daisy those were excellant instructions. Glad to see you and Pixie working togehter. Hunting things is so much fun-er with a friend. Our puter was bad this morning and we couldn't get online for the longest time. It finally got fixed, so we are droping by to tell our friends hi.

Mommy did a TT about November.

~Scylla & Charybdis (the mighty leaf hunters)

darlene said...

they are so neat them little lizards....gosh , here we would keep them as pets....lol

LZ said...

I really really really want a lizard. We don't have anything fun like that around here. Those lizards seem to entertain you guys a lot.

Kaze

Joyismygoal said...

i guess i need a cat i see them all the time:>

PB 'n J said...

Oooh good tips! We don't have many lizards here, but I think it would work on mice and frogs.

Kat 3 said...

WOW! You two are very good lizard hunters.

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,

I yam goin to print dis guide out on dadeez printer ting. Do you tink I could substitute lizard fur snake? we do not have lizardz here, but we haz lots o' snakes!


-Dr Tweety

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Those are great tips for lizard huntin' should one make his way into the house. MY first tip would be to turn down the volume on Mom 'cuz she'd be screaming so loudly that I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my hunting ... an' it might annoy the lizard so much that he wouldn't wanna "meet again."
DMM

Gretchen said...

That was a very brave lizzard to come in your house and play with you like that. You and Pixi were very kind to it.

Hugs...G

ASTOR CATS said...

Don's forget to mention that if you step on the tail the lizard may let you keep it. We got a couple of souvenirs that way!

Midnite & Stray Kitty

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Thanks for the guide, Daisy! I shall dedicate my next lizard trophy to you.
MoMo

Gaius said...

Oh Daisy, I don't think there is a day that goes by that you don't make me grin and grin and grin. I wish I had lizards to hunt... we just have moths. Though I don't think my Mommy would be too happy about little lizzies running aorund. hehehe

DK & The Fluffies said...

By the looks of that tail, it seems that George has met you before!

Sassy Kat said...

You must have been worn out with all of that lizzard hunting going on. I cannot believe that your mom put your lunch outside.

lordjaders said...

That was a good trrraining. How do you prrrevent one cat frrrom tasting the lizarrrd? I honestly thought the last picturrre might show us how to eat the little guy. Do they taste like Chicken?

Mimi Lenox said...

These get in my house all the time. Can I borrow Daisy?

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Oh Daisy, what a great tutorial on lizard hunting! We love the photo of you and Pixie double-teaming that lizard.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

PrincessMia said...

That was an awrsome step by step guide. I haven't had that much experience with lizards, myself, but I feel well prepared should I encounter one.

Anonymous said...

What are the alternative instructions in case Mommy does not catch you in the midst of lizard-stalking? Eat lizard? Play with lizard? Invite lizard in for tea?

Kimo and Sabi said...

We read at Lord Jaders bloggie that you didn't have many gobblins this year...niether did we - only 5! Whut's up wif that? Maybe cuz our beans were handing out healthy treats instead of candy? It was also furry furry cold and dark (not much moonlight)...and a school night....and -well, whutever. We were happy to not have to hear da doorbell ringing all night long! You sure did have a cute costume though!

Tiger Lily said...

Did you get part of his tail? That looks like a very fun game. If I ever see a lizard I will remember your tips!

Anonymous said...

Great Thirteen Daisy.That lizard is lucky your mom came and got him :)

Unknown said...

That is a great T-13, very informative, especially if I should meet up with a lizard in Western Canada : )

I was glad to see Pixie get in on the action.

Anonymous said...

SO true. But my cats (Lydia, Flat Cat, and Sampan) would like to add that the scoop is for your own good. You should NEVER eat the lizard. You---and everyone else---will eventually regret it when it comes back to haunt you.

We're late to the 13 party, but we've got some really pretty photographs (no text) this time

Just Ducky said...

You didn't get to eat it?

Misty DawnS said...

Wow, this was so much fun!

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Ohh these are great lizard hunting tips. Nico will be so pleased since she is learning all about this.

If our Human catches the Lizards she lets them escape too. We forgot our manners and will have to say thank you next time.

PURRS

Related Posts with Thumbnails