Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday 13, Edition #48: Cookin' with Lizards

Since everybody loved my Lizard Stew so much, I been thinking maybe I could think of other delicious ways to serve up some lizards. So I am prepared the next time I catch one. Here are 13 ideas I had for serving lizards:
  1. Peanut-butter and Lizard Sandwiches. Or, you can just call it PB&L.
  2. Lizard Jerky. If you find some deaded lizards that got all dried up by the sun, you do not even have to do any cooking for this dish!
  3. Buffalo Lizard Wings. Well, lizards do not really have wings. But their tiny front legs are almost like little wings. And I think they would taste good with a side of blue cheese dressing and celery.
  4. Lizard Tetrazzini. You can use this recipe when you have some old, tough lizards. I think the cream of mushroom soup will disguise the stringy flavor.
  5. Lizard Noodle Casserole. Another recipe that calls for cream of mushroom soup! Please do not use onions in this recipe.
  6. Lizard Sashimi. This is one of my favorites. You must be sure to use only very fresh lizards.
  7. Beans and Lizard Franks. The hard part of this recipe is making the little lizard frankfurters. You might have to bring your lizards to the butcher's shop for help with that part.
  8. Lizard Tacos. Ole! These are delicious with extra cheese and sour cream. If I was allowed to drink, I would have mine with a beer. If you are having Mexican Food Night, you can call your beer "cerveza."
  9. Lizard Pizza. This is almost as good as anchovy flavor!
  10. Lizard Tempura. Cooking with hot oil is dangerous, so you should probably have your Mommie help you with this one.
  11. Lizard Pot Pie. This recipe calls for Four and Twenty Lizards, Baked in a Pie. I am not sure where I learned that. But I am almost certain that is correct.
  12. Herb-Crusted Lizard. I recommend using catnip for the herb.
  13. Lizard Chiffon Pie. I never tried this recipe. It might not be very delicious. If it tastes bad, you can just eat the creamy topping.
I must tell you that you might have to buy your own baking utensils. Because so far, my Mommie will not allow me to cook any of these dishes in her kitchen. Even if I rinse the lizards off real good. I might try to save my allowance for an Easy-Bake Oven. Tune in this Sunday to see how that goes...

Bon Appetit!


Share/Bookmark

67 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

There certainly are a lot of different ways to make and serve lizards, Daisy. Too bad your mom won't let you use her kitchen to try out your recipes.

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

these are some interesting dishes Daisy. Unfortunately we have now lizards here in Austria otherwise we would have tried to talk momma into letting us try some of your recipes.

We hope you can convince your mom tho to let you use her kitchen.

purrrs, K&O

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are furry inchresting ressippeez Daisy. We hafn't got lizzerds here, but we haf got newts, which look the same. They are smaller, so we'll just haf to use more.We fink we will try lizzerd pizza furrst.

Poppy Q said...

We has lots of lizards in New Zealand dat you would like Miss Daisy. Cept my mum says the man at da post office would be very grumpy if we tried to post you some.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Maybe you can just make it 4-and-20 lizards baked into a pie? Then serve it up ala-mode?

Frankly, I'm all so skipping the cooking and going straight to the eating.

Anonymous said...

He, he!! That's a classic!!!!! Very yummie!

Ramses said...

Oh wow, you'z such a talented girlycat! Those recipes sound great the only trouble is we don't get lizards in the UK, can we'z substitute froggies for lizards?

Anonymous said...

Daisy, u crack me up!

Parker said...

Oh Daisy, I would like to try every one of those recipes! MMMM,MMMM,MMMM!

Sarge Charlie said...

Bon Appetit! Miss Daisy, I am sure you can get your favorites on the cruise......

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Just tell her yur making pot pie and den sneek 'em in dare.

Anonymous said...

MMM-MMM Good!

Mickey's Musings said...

Well,you could write your own cookbook about different ways of cooking with lizards.Sadly we do not have them,but I remember Tillie & Georgia saying how good your stew was!!

Purss

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Mmm, dem all sound really tasty. Maybe if yoo promis to clean da whole kitchen yoor mom would let yoo make one or two recipes? Yeah, prolly not...

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We think you make a very good chef Daisy. All your recipes sound yummy.

What is it with Mom's and lizards? Our Mommy won't let us make any of the delicious lizard dishes in her kitchen either.

Scylla & Charybdis

Anonymous said...

we bet you have a lot of free lizzard meat down in southern Florida. Very creative use of them Daisy.
Jackie, Gidget and Fritz

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We think the Food Network would be interested in talking to you about your own cooking show!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

you porolly could find an easy bake oven on ebay

Forty Paws said...

Yummy! You are a true master chef!

Luf, Us

Monty Q. Kat said...

MomBean says I can't recommend Lizard Flambe.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

These sound pretty tasty.
I bet that red one tastes like salmon.

Happy Day to the curlie girlies

~Caesar

Sassy Kat said...

Great receipes, will have to try some of those. A favorite and quick one is lizzard and just a dip, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Hey Donner stop over today at my place cause my post for today is about the cast of the reindeer for CCSI II The Santa Cast, ya all are featured today

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Herb crusty lizard sounds really nummers!

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, those sounds like some awfully good ideas for lizard dishes. Next time we visit, you will have to let us sample them.

Roxy

Patti said...

Great recipes, Daisy! Maybe you can keep working on your Mommy to allow you to cook in the kitchen. Just be careful with any sharp utensils! :)

Laura W said...

Truly an inspiring post, Daisy. (If anyone in this house cooked.)
I am very fond of Lizard Pesto.
If you do not have pinenuts, walnuts are OK to use.

Asta said...

Daisy
You should open youw own lizawd westauwant..those ll sound gweat ,even though I'm not suwe i like lizawd..I'm glad you'we coming to the pawty, don't be a fwaid, Mikulas had a bad photo that day, he's weally vewy nice and only gives tweats..you might give him youw wecipes
smoochie kisses
Asta

Anonymous said...

They all sound (kitty) delicious Daisy. Although I prefer my lizards alive and scurrying around.

Scout said...

You should have your own show on the food network! Or should it be on the animal channel? Hmmm, I will have to think about that one.

Purrs,
Scout

Nomi said...

You should pwint all dem ideeas in a cukbook Daisy. Dat foto of you wiv your shefs hat culd go on da fwont cover !! I have a fwog in my garden and I can't wait to twy out sum of yor ideeas. Maybe mummy will let me wadiate him in der microwafe.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i will get you a lizard lobster on the kitty crooze!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxo

Anonymous said...

OOOH, those sound really good! Bon apetit!

Don't forget temptations for dessert!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy,
If someday your mommy can let you using her kitchen~!
I would LOVE to order Lizard Sashimi & Lizard Tacos~!
Even right now I just thinking, I am drooling~!!! That must be super good~!

You are very good looking in cooker hat~! You are very professional, wearing the hat not let your hair fall into the dishes~!!! So I must order from you~!

LZ said...

Wow, you are just completely talented!

Kaze

jenianddean said...

Daisy - I love your chef's hat! And I think Josie is going to try and make a catnip crusted lizard. She said that sounded yummy! Thanks for all the cooking tips. As always, you are just too cute!!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, you should haf entered the Next Iron Chef comp-a-tishun, you would haf winned paws down!

Dma said...

Excellent and very thorough list. I'm tempted to try the lizard sashimi myself.

I think your mom should let you drink beer and use the kitchen but not at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Be very careful with your easy bake oven Daisy. You are getting to be quite a chef!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Our Daddy makes great tempura so maybe we can make him make us some lizzard flavor. This is a great list daisy - we have to try a lot of your ideas!

The Furry Kids said...

Those sound like awesome recipes! I wish we had lizards here. :(

Love,
Tazo

Tybalt said...

Daisy, I certainly think you have the makings of a Great Chef . . . plus you look adorable in the hat!

Siani said...

Eek! I started reading this earlier when I was eating my lunch (no lizards). Lizard Jerky sounds quite yucky, but I love pizza so much, I'd probably give Lizard Pizza a try, although I prefer pepperoni. Happy TT!

My list of thirteen bizarre phobias is up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

PB 'n J said...

Oh my, does this mean we should give Jake a new name - something with an L? Then we'd be PB&L too!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Daisy, your PB&L sandwich looks very tasty. I'm sure the rest of your recipes are tasty, too. Keep working on your Mommie to try to use her kitchen and utensils ;-)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

I think you are a master chef!

Purrs
Abby

Shaggy and Scout said...

Great list Daisy. We are drooling just thinking about these delicious dishes!

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

I really wish I had caught that lizard impersonator now! Maybe momma will let me hunt in the garage for him and I can start cooking. ~Queen Snickers

Clover said...

Daisy! You are so adorable! I had some funny comment to make about lizards, but I totally forgot what it was when I saw your cute little curly self with the chef hat!
Love Clover xo

Anonymous said...

Great recipes for lizards Daisy! Maybe you could write a cooking book with all your lizard recipes. They could pay you in Temptations!

Unknown said...

Those are excellent recipes Daisy. Unfortunately, we don't have lizards in Canada. I wonder can you buy them in the frozen food section at Safeway?

I like the way you took your hat from your Pilgrim fashion and used it as a chef's hat. It makes a wonderful chef's hat!

Skeezix the Cat said...

WOW! I am so lukky to have a speshul frend hoo is a gore-may cook! Man, thoze lizzerd dishes sownd even better than Fansy Feest sliced turkey in gravey!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Oh Daisy, you're such a classic! Those dishes are very yummy and very well presented. Perhaps you should consider opening a gourmet kitty restaurant specializing in lizard dishes! Chef Daisy!

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh Daisy, you always make me laugh.
Lizard Pot Pie.
You crack me up!

Not The Mama

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

If we can cath a lizard we're gonna try one of those recipees!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Hey daisy,
I took a quiz to find out which of Santa's reindeers I would be. Guess what, I am Donner! We are twins!

DK & The Fluffies said...

Yummo!

Graham Langdon said...

oh my god that cat is too cute

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,


Your cat hat iz furry nice. I wishez i had one like dat when I cooks stuff from Saveur. Your bloggie iz da only place where I seez recipeez fur lizardz howevfur, so mebbe I can send you a recipee fur Pizza ala Goerge.

-Dr Tweety

Chrissie said...

I especially like the Lizard Tacos! Put a little salsa on the side and maybe some queso and chips-oh, and a lime for the Cerveza!

Artsy Catsy said...

Lizard Jerky - that's a good one!! Hey Daisy, have you thought about auditioning to co-star in one of those Geico Insurance TV commercials with the lizard? You'd be a shoo-in!!

Rocky

Unknown said...

I really wish we had lizards here in Ohio. The only lizards we have are caged as pets in bean's homes. Not as fun.

Karen Jo said...

Those are all very interesting recipes, Daisy. I don't think I'll be trying any of them, but I bet kitties would love them.

Team Tabby said...

Those recipes sound so good. Do you think you can get the UPS man to bring us some lizards?

Mindy Moe

Samantha & Mom said...

Yummy! Thank heavens we live in FL, cause we have lizards everywhere. We think we'll talk Mom into cooking the Lizard Pizza first!
Your FL furiends,

The Crew said...

Hmmm...interesting choices of ingredients. Mom was going to make tuna casserole next week but I wonder if I could find a lizard to substitute for the tuna. I'll get on that right away!

Oh wait...we don't have lizards here. Do you think a mousie would be a good ingredient?

Your friend
Misty

Anonymous said...

So busy with my directors job and 24h a day on CCSI set takes its toll... I miss many posts in the blogosphere and your every day news!

All my birthday lizards are eaten, Daisy. :( But number 3 - Buffelo Lizard Wings - sounds so great, I think I ask Karl to catch me some new lizards.

Ruis:)

Chase and Mel said...

you are a very funny cat. I like your style and will add you to my page as a friend so i can keep in touch with you. Happy Saturday!
Mew Mew
Chase

Related Posts with Thumbnails