Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Toesday: Scratching & Shaking

I think everycat enjoys a good scratch. But sometimes scratching alone does not always work. ..Then you must shake, shake, shake your head all around until your ears make a flapping sound. Here I am mid-shake. It feels good! Do not forget to close your eyes before you shake so you do not shake your eyes loose. If you biggify the picture, you can see the frizzledy furs inside my ear!

Share/Bookmark

61 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very cute Daisy. :) My dad always laughs at me when I shake my head and my ears make that flapping sound! I guess my ears are very noisy because they are frootbat ears! :)

Parker said...

Ahhhhhhh! I can feel how good it feels from way over here! Good scratches are wonderful!

Tommy and Teaghan said...

What a cool picture! Caught mid-shake.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Oh, very nice. I definitely shake my head daily, but I try not to do this in front of my mamma (she will likely clean my ears- ick)

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i'm feelin a bit bored today, daisy. but yer pikshurz made me laff an laff!
i jus noticed da "raiz yer paw" shoot u did yesturday. mi brudder mickey an i will be raizin owr pawz later today!
luv--jh

Dma said...

I love your term "biggify." I'm adding that to my own vocabulary. You are definitely an expert scratcher...

Anonymous said...

Shaking feels good.Cute Photos :)

Unknown said...

I didn't know that my eyeballs could fall out from shaking my head. I will always remember to keep my eyes closed from now on.

Mickey's Musings said...

That is so cool! Mom is jealous I think because she cannot shake her body like we can. Heehee

Anonymous said...

Scratching and shaking are very good for getting those itchies away. It is very cute how you close one eye when you do that Daisy. We were scairt when we heared that you could shake your eyes out!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

you look like you've been drooling in that first foto

Monty Q. Kat said...

I usually try to get my entire back foot in my ear to scratch. I'll have to try the shaking thing instead.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We loves the curly ear furs! Ours are purrfectly straight. :(

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Oh you are winkings I thought but its to keeps your eyes in when yous shake. I will has to remembers that one. I make lots of noises too when I shake my head about.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I like shaking all the time as well.
Nice photo Daisy~!!! That is very very neat capture~!!!!

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

Your human takes the best photos. My human could learn from yours.

Black Cat said...

Hahaha, great photos! Hope your Mommie didn't clean your ears afterwards:) xxx

Louche Tabby said...

....you look like WC Fields in the second one!......

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Excellent ear flapping shot of you Daisy.
I like doing that too. flap-flap-flap-flap

Happy day to both of you furr girls

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Fantastic Daisy.
Those were great shots of you doing the 'flap"

Purrs
Abby

Titus said...

My ears make that flapping sound too. Mom just realized that Tazo and EG's ears don't do that. But they don't shake too much. And they don't have frootbat ears.

Zoolatry said...

Ooh Daisy... you always help us start the day with a smile and a giggle, thank you! By the way, was that a chocolate shake, or vanilla? Or maybe caramel delight!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, that looks like one heavy-duty scratch-n-shake. That's what it takes sometimes to get comfortable.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Skipper likes to pounce on the other cats and make them hiss and scream and carry on like something horrible is happening to them.

jenianddean said...

You are really doing some serious ear scratching and head shaking. Maggie is our resident ear scratcher and head shaker. My mom loves your frizzledy furs in your ears. Maybe your frizzledy furs are what makes your ears itch?????

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

It must be frootbat thing, my ears don't do that. mol you look cute doing it though!

None said...

You are a funny lady Daisy! Don't get into the habbit of flapping those ears too much or you will be confused with those dog things.

Tamra

LZ said...

Don't forget to fling some ear goo out. That is always very important.

Chase

(What do you mean all cat's don't have ear goo? I do.)

Anonymous said...

Georgia has an itchy head, but it is very hard for her to shake because otherwise she falls over. I laugh when that happens because it's funny.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Those are good stratches and shakes!!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Thanks for warning me abowt closing my eyes beefore I shake ... Sumtimes I don't do that I never knew I was in danger of shaking my eyes loose: yikes!

Forty Paws said...

That's a great in-motion picture of your ears flapping! G.T. can really flap his ears loudly. We'll pass along that public information message about closing your eyes prior to shaking. Thanks for the tip!

Luf, Us

Tybalt said...

Wow, Daisy! I was doing that head shake thing just last night!

The WriggleButts said...

Well thank you very much, Daisy! We love the earfrizz! We're so very, very smoot-and-shiny-smooth that we don't have anything that even resembles frizz. Neither does mom. We suspect that's why she'd like a curly cat, it's the only thing we can't provide! (We're very modest)

Smooth sniffs,
Bajas, Coco & Nimbus

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I love, love, love scratching! Especially along my jawline! And Meowm kinda rubs the inside of my ears....that is heaven!!!

Laura W said...

Oh no, Daisy, I have very tight eyes!

Listen...tell your Mommie to put the leftover Halloween candy IN THE FREEZER like ML did and that way she won't be able to get to it or eat it anymore.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I'm killing myself here today.
Please join me for Tattle Tail Tuesday. I know you have good dirt!

The Crew said...

Oh my! You look like you've got an ear halo around your head.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Speedy is da only one dat makes da flappy noyze when he shakes but we all love, love, love to do dat! We must close our eyes when we do it tho cuz we'z never lost an eye...

HRH Yao-Lin said...

daisy! YOu are gorgeous as always but that last picture is fantastic!! Honestly your ears have disappeared!! x

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

That's a gurreat picture, esp da 2nd one! We are all very impressed!

Thanks for your kind words about Missy, it made mommy feel better.

~Marie

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh Daisy!

Doze frizzeldy hairz are da bestee! Altough, I kinda like da goofy look in your eyeballz on dat second pic too. Dis what a good scritchee will do to da eyeballz.

-Dr Tweety

Kimo and Sabi said...

WOWY - it looks like you almost shaked yer ears off!
Kimo

I does da one-eyed head shake too!
Sabi

Unknown said...

Yeap...shaking feels good!!
Hugs my sweetie friend
Happy Tuesday
Feliz Martes

´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶
´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶´¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶
´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶O¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶
´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Luna Spain

Irishcoda said...

Daisy, you can come play with us and the catnip and the ferret any time you like! And we think it's great your mom volunteers at a no kill shelter! Kozzie was adopted from one of those!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Maybe I won't shake my head anymore, as now I'm afraid my eyes will fall out!

Team Tabby said...

Those are good shakin pictures, Daisy!

Unknown said...

Daisy, you are so cute scratching and shaking! Your Mommie takes such good action shots.

Karen Jo said...

It looks to me like you had a really good scratch and shake. It's a good thing you remembered to close your eye during the shake.

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, you are right!! Sometimes it is definitely not enough to just scritch. Shaking is something that Ollie does regularly and Chenny does sometimes when he is running out of his litter box.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

PB 'n J said...

We love a good head shake, but I don't think our ears make noise - maybe Bert's since he's a shorthair.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I can honestly say that I've never seen a photo of a kitty flapping its ears at high speed before seeing the photo of you! How wonderful! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Lux said...

I saw the frizzled furs, Daisy - you're so cute!

Ivan from WMD said...

Great instructions, Daisy!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha Daisy! I also have frizzled furs in my ears, that was the first thing I saw on your photo!

But are you sure every kitty can make the flapping sound with their ears? You and I and another few have big ears, but how about the kitties with tiny ears... do they have to shake, shake, shake and more shaking until they hear a the sound? :)

Headbutts
~Ruis

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Oh, that is the best feeling! Kate loves that flapping sound... it always makes her smile. Well done to your photographer for capturing the shake in action, too!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

we like yer raise a paw for a cause Daisy. You haf a good cause. We try and support what we can. Mom always laughs when Ko Ko does his shake until his ears flap 'cause his ears is so big that the go "flopflopflop" really loud ~The Fluffy TRibe

Leona said...

Oh Daisy you are just so cute!

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Hahahaha....you look so cute in the last picture, Daisy. You make me laugh.

Tara said...

Good work Daisy!

Thanks for coming to my party, and great guess. Roundup and winners on Thursday.

Tara

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Your winkies are just soooooo cute!

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm so glad you didn't shake your eyeball out. You're a very smart cat to think of that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails