Saturday, December 1, 2007

Photo Hunters #45: Red

The Photo Hunters theme this week is red. Here is a very pretty red rose. I am checking out the red rose, but I do not think I like it very much.
Nope. Nope, I definitely do not like the red rose. I will give it my meanest look.
Here is a close-up of the red rose. It is very red.
I will now do a poem about the flower:

Daisies Are Better
Roses are red
And I'm so scairt of them
I do not know why
Could be the thorns in the stem

Roses are red
And I hate them a lot
You could buy me a rose
But I'd rather you not

by Daisy


Share/Bookmark

67 Notes for Daisy:

jams o donnell said...

What a beautiful rose. Great shots. Happy weekend

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is a beautiful red rose, but I don't like roses' thorns either, Daisy. Cute poem!

You are right: I have outgrown my Christmas sweater from last year. I need to get my mom to crochet a new one for me. Hopefully the one from last year will fit my little brother. :)

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

*hehe* cute poem daisy.
gramlady loves roses, she has lots of thems but she won't let us sniff at thems. we are not allowed on the table at her house...

admin said...

nice close up shot of the rose you have here. Thanks for droppin my place BTW

theblogger said...

Happy hunting! mine's here -
http://www.chartherct.com/2007/12/01/photo-hunt-red/

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I like roses, but I get in trouble last time because I try to smell them and lost my balance and break Bean's vase. I did not mean to, it was an accident.

Parker said...

If you can't eat them or snuggle with them or play with them, what good are they???

Michele said...

Heh... love the poem. The flower is so pretty but definitely not cuddling material! But it is lovely to look at!

A. said...

A really perfect red rose, but the poem is the highlight of the post!

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Well done wif da red photos! Red roses are lovely but daisy's are forever.

Siani said...

Lovely pics, Daisy, and a great poem. I agree with you about roses being a bit scary. They lure us in by looking and smelling pretty, and when we least expect it, they spike us with their claws. Have a happy, purry weekend!

My red pics are up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

Mickey's Musings said...

I'm not crazy about roses either.Mom likes them though and likes that one. I guess you have to be a bean. Nice and red though!
I would rather catnip,nut that is not red.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Of course daisys are better :-)

Monty Q. Kat said...

Wowzers, what a picture at the end! Does Pixie like roses?

(How is she doin'?)

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah, Daisy~!
If I really have to buy you roses, I will buy the pink one :)

P.S. your mean expression still very cute :)

Happy Saturday for you~!

Ramses said...

Dat's my point entirely and why I prefur to send My Marie a dozen 'nip buds rather than rose buds! ;)

Sarge Charlie said...

Well now Miss Daisy, I never knew a lady that did not like a rose. But I must admit I like daisy also.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We like your poem Daisy.

We like wildflowers (including Daisies) better then roses.

Scylla & Charybdis

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We did our very first photo hunt today. We are excited.

Scylla & Charybdis

Dragonstar said...

Roses don't do much, do they? But they make beautiful pictures, and the close-up is purrfect.

Dragonstar said...

And I think your poem is excellent.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
dat iz da gratest poem ever ritten.
yer a talented an kreeaytiv cat.
luv--jh

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, Daisy, you are really giving the rose a mean look. I would be scared of that look. I hope it behaves.

Roxy

Forty Paws said...

That's a beautiful example of red, Daisy! Maw lufs red roses.

Luf, Us

tanabata said...

That's a very beautiful red rose, but I do like your poem. :)

Honey P. Sunshine said...

but roses smell so purrty

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Beautiful rose. Beautiful poem. Beautiful Daisy.

Unknown said...

great red shots and a very beautiful poem!

happy phot hunting!

mine`s up!thanx!

ghee

Dma said...

I think that literally is my all time favorite poem...

Mo and The Purries said...

Daisies are way better.

Thanks for my morning chuckle.

love,
Not The Mama

Dobby said...

Haha! What a great poem and a very mean look. I went potty on some roses once and their thorns attacked me too! When we have some at home, my kitties eat them. It's great.

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Daisy, we are sorry that you hate roses. Our mom likes them a lot so if anyone send them to you, you can just forward them to her.

We'd rather romp in a field of daisies rather than in a rose bramble any day.

~J&B

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy Red Day Daisykins.
I hope you and Pixie have a great December 1

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is a beautiful red rose. You look lovely with it even if you hate it. I do agree that Daisy is better than Rose!!!

Cindy said...

If looks could kill...that rose would be seriously wilted!

Mommy Lutchi said...

love the shots...and poem too ofcourse,Mine is up at 4 Seasons Of My Life and

2Cents Worth . Hope u can visit me too. Take care.

Jimmy Joe said...

That is a very pretty rose, Daisy, but thanks for the warning about how dangerous roses actually are. You are very considerate.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Your Photo Hunters is excellent today Daisy! What a great poem. Roses ARE scary! Daisys are much nicer.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Kimo and Sabi said...

I do not like red roses either! I prefer da pink ones from our yard - they smell good and make tasty snacks!
Sabi

Anonymous said...

Haha. Daisy, roses are beautiful flowers, and when someone gives you a red rose it means that they love you very much. You sure you hate them...?

And they might have thorns, you have claws.:)

But I love your post anyway!

Purrs,
Ruis

Poppy Q said...

I loves you poem Daisy it is a classic. Sorry you don't like dem red roses, theys awfully pretty.

Your mean look - awesome.

Anna said...

beautiful picture, I love roses too especially the red. Thanks for sharing them....

Mine is up too:
Every Beat Of My Heart

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I think that Daisys are better, too. They are FAR prettier and last longer.
DMM

Christine and FAZ said...

I would hate to buy you a present that you didn't like. FAZ

Unknown said...

You are right-Daisies ARE Better!!

Dazey

Anonymous said...

Mom gets roses from Dad sometimes and then Lucy eats them. Did your mean look make that rose behave itself?

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Thats a very nice poem good job!

Team Tabby said...

Daisies can be awesome. One year mom grew some beautiful Shasta daisies called "Alaska", the blooms were almost as big as her hand she said. Mom even likes the wild ones, but they are smaller.

We likes yer poem!

Moe & Mindy

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That's a furry byootyful rose Daisy, but we can unnerstand why yoo don't like it. We haf lots of rose bushes in our garden, and if we play thundering herds of ellyfants through them, they attack us.That wuz a grate pome, and of course Daisy's are better than roses.

Just Ducky said...

I like roses, they are very tasty.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of you with the red rose. Have a good weekend.

Anita said...

If I had this rose opposite to me ... I would bite it!

Muhahahahaha!

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Red is my favouritest colour, but I don't think I like roses either. I like Rosies, I know a lot of Rosies, they're all very nice cats. That's a very good mean look!

~Jack

Sassy Kat said...

Pretty rose, such a bright color. I was wonderin if ya have ever though of publishing your poems, I think ya would have a money maker.

Oh, check with your mom cause I sent the last photo ya needed. Let me know one way or other if ya did or didn't get everything. Sure hope everything came back from the black hole.

Anonymous said...

I almost used a rose today, too, Daisy!

I love this photo of you... what a great look! :-)

Mine's up... come visit!

http://lorivillarreal.typepad.com/do_you_realize/

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Daisy, how can you manage to look cute even with your mean look?

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We like yoor poem Daisy, cept we really like roses. Roses smell purrty and taste deelishus, um, we mean look purrty too. ::no mom we would neffur chew yoor flowers::*snicker*

Natalie said...

How fun! Great pics!

My photo hunt pictures are up too! :)

The Furry Kids said...

Daisy, that is an awesome poem. Momma thinks roses are bad, too. She likes to look at them, but she says the thorns can be hurty. She much prefers daisies, too.

Love,
Tazo

Anonymous said...

You look nice with the rose anyway, Daisy. I could imagine you dancing with the rose in your teeth. Just as long as the thorns don't dig into your gums... :-(

caspersmom said...

I think you really look good in your pink T shirt Daisy. You are so photogenic. Mom finally broke down and bought Cleo a dress but it is too small. She bought and XX small and it looks like it might fit a toy chiuahua. Mom also tried it on Patches too, with the same result.

Daisy could you please do my a favor. I saw your comment on Junior's blog. So it seems like you can get through to him. It's the same with Adan. Could you please tell him I have tried at least three different times now to post and it just won't let me for some darn reason. Tonight I tried and tried. T just want him to know I am thinking of him and appreciate his visits to my site. Thank You.

Casper

Juno said...

Look at the close up photo of this red rose!! It's veryp pretty like you, Daisy!!


Momo xoxo

Gretchen said...

Oh, I have missed coming to visit. I feel like I'm out of the loop.
I was doing some catching up and I absolutely loved the Catnip video.

I hope things settle down at my house, and I'll try to come by more often.

Hugs...G

Anonymous said...

Nice rose yet thorns are bad.Love the poem :)

Anonymous said...

Great photography there... and cute cat as well!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

No, roses are not eatable, more is the pity ;-)

Beautiful treatment of the flower!

Unknown said...

I think I have to agree - Daisy's are better than Roses. Roses are prickly, I found this out the hard way : (

Related Posts with Thumbnails