Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday Comics with Daisy!

Here is a comic I made about cooking with my very own Easy-Bake Oven!



The moral of this comic is all about truth in advertising. Because I do not think baking with a light bulb is "Easy." Maybe this toy should be called a Dangerous-Bake Oven.

Share/Bookmark

60 Notes for Daisy:

Zoolatry said...

Verrrry very good story Daisy; and we are quite sure you are really a Cordon Bleu Chef Extraordinaire!
It's THAT oven, you do know that the EBO was recalled, right? Sure you do... happy day.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Daisy! I hope you had a fire extinguisher nearby...

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I think you are right, Daisy. Cooking with a light bulb cannot be easy. I'm glad you weren't injured by your oven!

Ramses said...

Dis is why we'z leave all the cooking here to My Mummy! Iffen Dad's not safe in the kitchen we'z know we wouldn't be much better than him... ;) I'z so glad you weren't hurt while cooking!

Oh and Isis wants to know did any cute fireman kitties have to be called and if so was they all really cute and did you get any photos!? ;)

Please excuse my 'sis, she's a little boy mad at present...

Parker said...

Wow Daisy, Easy Bake Ovens are not what they are cracked up to be. Light bulb baking is hard. Maybe your sushi recipe is in order!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh no Daisy, yer right. Those lizzerds sirtinly look a little overcooked to us.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

It's okay if you like crunchy lizards. Say, have you ever thought of publishing a book with your comics? We're sure it would be a hit!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

hmmmmm
what a crummy oven...
Maybe mommie will let you use her oven with her assistance. Our mouths were drooling when we saw the Lizard Mix and the baking in the oven... we could almost smell it.

Purrrs, Prinnie

ps: happy day to both of you curliekins

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oboy! crispy critters! ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxo

Anonymous said...

"Oh My" be careful Daisy.

Sassy Kat said...

I hope ya are OK, did ya have to call the fire department? The lizzards looked good until the last frame. Oh hey, after ya sent me your auto bio. I'm givin ya the day off, ya have been working so hard on the set of CCSI II just relax today and have some fun.

Laura said...

Hey! That looks like our kitchen.
Maybe a lizard meat thermometer would help?
Mosaic Cats

Mickey's Musings said...

I just thought you were treating us like gods and giving us burnt offerings!!! heehee

Purrs ;)

Monty Q. Kat said...

Whoa! Did Tripper put the bulb in? 'cause I'm pretty sure that there is a limit on the wattage you can use...

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Hahahaha~!
Well, I think only seeing lizards on fire is much more fun than eat them~!

The Devil Dog said...

When dad was a little boy, he wanted an Easy Bake Oven. He never got one. I don't know why.

Roxy

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi dad callz dat "pittsburgh" ... black on da owtside an almos raw on da inside. i'm sendin him to florida to taste sum uv doze lizerdz ... dey ar done jus da way he likez 'em.
u make me laff an laff daisy.
luv--jh

Unknown said...

Daisy, our mom says it IS hard to cook with a lightbulb. She had a yellow easy bake oven when she was young (our gramma still has it!).

We hope the fire got put out quickly and no one was hurt.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

ER....maybe you should stick to the Mircowave, like your mom.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Our mommy hadded a easy bake oven when she was a little gerl. She made many, many tasty things and had it fur many years. She told daddy dat da new EBO's are crappy and dey do not meet da standards of da past. We're glad yoo din't get hurt by dat fire.

Forty Paws said...

Heh heh. Our Maw had an Easy Bake Oven when she was little also. Although she never made anything with lizards. We're sorry that your lizard dish burned up.

Luf, Us

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

P.S. Thank you for telling me that Casper have some trouble to leaving comments :)
Strange... it used to have the same way... I will check on that~!
Thanks!!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are sorry your lizard dish got burnt. We bet it would have been yummy, if the oven had worked right.

~Scylla & Charybdis

Chrissie said...

Did you set off the smoke alarm, Daisy? My mom sometimes sets off the smoke alarm, which send me under the nearest piece of furniture. She says it's not her fault, it's bad ventilation, but I don't see anybody eating that stuff, either.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Well, even if your lizzards didn't turn out, you are still very pretty in your chef hat!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I believe that that was a very important lesson Daisy. I think you could be a consumer advo-cat.

Unknown said...

Hmmm, what are you going to bake next?

DK & The Fluffies said...

I bet Millie's Mum could make you some lizzard pie for real!

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of an easy bake oven or baking with a light bulb. Now I know why...

Maybe if you look very, very sweet to your mommie again. Maybe then you can use her kitchen.

Lux said...

I'm glad you didn't get hurt, Daisy!

P.S. No, the alien beans sent me back before they got anywhere near my Spot 13!!!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

oh daisy I hear you!!! Lightbulbs are NOT the best way to cook anything.

x

snowforest said...

Furry interesting story - and a useful moral - guess wat - we got our own bloggie!! come visit -

http://snowandforest.blogspot.com/

Nomi said...

You should get your money back on dat ofen Daisy. It cud haf singed your beutiful furs. Shame about da lizzerds. I spose you cud say they were barbekew flaver.

Mrs. Sniffles said...

What a fantastic comic, Daisy! And thank you for my purthday wishes!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

KC said...
O, Daisy, i's too could almost taste them yummy lizzies at furrst. Yum. But down here's we's jus call them "blackened" lizzies.
Love tha comics, those were furry good. u's should be in ur's own comic books.
Purrs, KC
pee ess: tha Mites won ur's Friends mug on tha raffel! i's so happy.

Black Cat said...

Daisy darling, ditch that oven, throw it, chuck it, consign it to the scrapheap, but first get your daddybean to smash it into a squillion pieces so no other kitty or little bean can use it and get hurt. Trust me, I know about Evil Ovens!!! xxx

P.S. Glad you didn't get hurt but sorry the lizards got burnt.

The Furry Kids said...

Momma is pretty sure that the Holly Hobby EBO (it's blue) works lots better than the pink one. At least in 1978.
We're sorry that the lizards were a little over done. But it looks like you might have been taking cooking lessons from Momma. Or maybe we should've saved that for tattle tale Tuesday. hee hee

Love,
Tazo

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

We LOVE your comics! You should publish them! Cooking lizards looks dangerous!

Thanks for visiting our blog!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Looks like SS's cooking! Oooops, she is reading this. I'd better retract my comment otherwise she might just feed me those tonight instead of my gourmet cat food!

Hot(M)BC said...

Run Daisy in case of your human going nuts and whacking you and smooshing you to make sure you're not on fire! Srsly!
your bud Pepi

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Did you still eat them? Char-grilled lizards might be delicious!

Team Tabby said...

Daisy, next time try one of those energy saving curly light bulbs in yer oven and den, maybe, your lizards won't go up in flames....just a thought.

Moe & Mindy

TheSlyCat said...

That does sound dangerous. Be safe Daisy. Maybe stick with microwaving? But don't carmelize those lizards without water. Because my mom set the smoke detector off like that. Well, not with lizards, because she is weird like that and not doesn't eat lizards. weirdo.

Asta said...

Daisy
What a waste of pawfectly nice lizawds..that is a bad oven...hope you didn't get huwt in this kitchen mishap!!!ow go hungwy
smoochie kisses
Asta

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Oh Daisy, but mommy says everyone needs to have an Easy Bake oven! She remembers hers fondly yet it did not work so well at all.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Daisy, you made our mom laugh out loud when she read your comic on her little BlackBerry early this morning. She could just hear you deadpanning, "Because I do not think baking with a light bulb is 'Easy'." That cracked her up.

Back when she was a kid, she didn't have one of those ovens, but a friend did. They tried to make hot pretzels, but they never did bake right. So much for lightbulb cooking.

Keep up the good humor. It's good for our mom.

~J&B

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Daisy, you made our mom laugh out loud when she read your comic on her little BlackBerry early this morning. She could just hear you deadpanning, "Because I do not think baking with a light bulb is 'Easy'." That cracked her up.

Back when she was a kid, she didn't have one of those ovens, but a friend did. They tried to make hot pretzels, but they never did bake right. So much for lightbulb cooking.

Keep up the good humor. It's good for our mom.

~J&B

jenianddean said...

Oh my goodness Daisy! My mom and dad were talking about Easy Bake Ovens today! Dad told mom there is safety recall on the ovens because a child could put their hand in through the slot and get burned. And then mom said "Well the fact you are baking cakes with a 40 watt bulb and eating them, well that might be the unsafe part." They both laughed really hard...as I've said before my mom thinks she's pretty funny.

Anyway...loved the comic!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hmmm...we fink that is what is called flame-broiled-blackened lizzurd!

Karen Jo said...

I am sorry that your lizard dish got burned up, Daisy. I don't think baking with that oven is very safe. Better stick with lizard sushi.

Cat Naps in Italy said...

You cook like our human does! In our house, we don't call is burned we call it cajun style! hehheheeh!

You cute in that hat!
Puuurs,
opus and roscoe
ps. We love your poem!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You are becoming quite the consumer reporter. First we learn about Sea Monkeys and now the new EBO.....now Meowm knows things to NOT spend my food money on.

Thanks for letting me know that Casper can't get to my blog. I have no idea what the issue is but will see what I can find out.

Sarge Charlie said...

I hate it when my lizards get over cooked

The WriggleButts said...

Oh my... Maybe lizard tartar og lizard sushi might be an easier way to start your cooking experiences?

the WriggleButts

Anonymous said...

This is why I love cats. They can look at you with attitude and get away with murder-almost literally.

Beth

http://afrogtokiss.net

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh Daisy,

I justee read dis comic & I tink da Auntie Stinkie would find dis furry funny too, so I yam gonna read it to her. "Auntie Stinkie? Dere iz a lizard roastee goin on ovefur at Daisy's. Did you wanna go?" Oh she doez. She wants to know what Pixie iz doin'. Iz da lizard cookeez crunchee & leave you wit dat warm inside da tumee feelin.? If so, den she iz all for da EZ-Baker Oevfun. But I yam tinkin' dat mebbe what you really need is an exor-cyst.

Unknown said...

Ha, ha, ha.....that was a very good comic Daisy!

Sunny's Mommy said...

I hope your Mommy decides to allow you to use her kitchen things now that it's proven the Easy Bake oven doesn't work.

Frasier said...

Hi Daisy,
I love your hat!
PS:I have blue lizards in my house but I have never eaten any!!
frasier

Juno said...

Daisy, I love it!!! Hope you didn't get burn! :)

Momo xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails