Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Toysday Movie!

Since today is Toysday, I wanted to show you a very fun toy. It is called a Gommelgrabber. My Mommie got it almost 20 years ago, so I do not know if you can find one anywhere now. Sometimes old toys are the best.


Share/Bookmark

68 Notes for Daisy:

Isis said...

Oh Daisy that's so cool I'z want one too now! I'z going to ask Mummy iffen she can make me something like that to play with, cause I'm not supposed to jump around like a loony now I'z probably in the family way... Though I'z still gotta exercise to keep my girlish figure and myself nice and fit! :)

Leslie said...

Oh that was fun! We especially liked the bit at the end where it looked like you were going to jump right in the toy!

Parker said...

I wanted you to get the ball! That looks like a fun toy, but oh how I wanted you to get that ball!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That looks like great fun. We were hoping you could get the ball out too. We were worried you might try to go in after it and get your nose stuck.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

That toy looks like so much fun. We had a ball watching your movie.

Scylla, Charybdis & Sockie~Pooh

Poppy Q said...

Daisy looks like you is very good at that game, and having dainty wee paws such as yours helps.

Also your mommie has very clean carpets.

Anonymous said...

THAT is one cool toy!! You are an excellent pouncer! I really thought you were going to get the ball when you had it trapped on top for that second, with your paw in the top hole. Great video!!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great video Daisy! That looks like a very fun toy. :) We've seen something similar, made out of wood, advertised at one of the German pet supply stores.

Monty Q. Kat said...

That thing is cool!! I want one now!

The Furry Kids said...

That looks super fun! Way better than trackball even.

EG

Siani said...

Wow! Fabulous movie, Daisy. That Gommelgrabber looks like loads of fun. I'm about to Google it to see if I can find one for my Leo and Liberty.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

GREAT video and terrific toy...you're right the oldies are definitely goodies.

Purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

Daisy, we just want to say you looked beautiful in the movie, although a little perplexed. These human toys are made to frustrate us kitties...but we're having mom do an internet search to see if it's still available. We figure it will be good to torture Fritz with.
jackie and gidg

Mickey's Musings said...

Now,that looks fun!!!!That should keep the "little gray cells" working! Heehee Enjoy :)
Purrs Mickey

Dma said...

I want a gommelgrabber!

Nice choice of music BTW.

The WriggleButts said...

Wow Daisy! That toy looks like great fun - and we saw your cute toes through the hole in the box! :D

Hugs,
The Wriggles

Anonymous said...

Happy new year!
That thing looks like lots of FUN!!!

Tara said...

That looks like a very neat toy!

Tara

LZ said...

I like that toy!!! We don't have any cool old toys around here.

Kaze

The Furry Bambinos said...

daisy,

i really enjoyed watching you movie! i even sniffed you while you were playing, and i wondered how you got inside the computer screen. mommy told me that you are not inside the cmputer, that you are really in florida. great movie!

purrs,
meerkat

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I want a gommelgrabber too! I have to go find my mom now....she just HAS to watch your video to see what I want!
--JB

Tink said...

I remember those (oops, that dates me..*LOL*), but haven't seen them for ages. I'm sure my cats would like one too.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy,

I enjoy so much seeing yor play with the gommelgrabber~!!!!
I can see that is lots of fun~!!!!!
Really a great toysday~!!

Purr,
Adan

Tybalt said...

Oh Daisy, that looks like so much fun!

Pelu & Carlota said...

Amazing Toy! It looks very funny.
We don`t have much toys for now.
The dog bite all our toys :(.
However, Great video, and you have a cool toy!
Purrs
Pelu and carlota :)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Momma's first cat had one of those! She did not play with it as much as you though!

Gemini

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That looks like a very fun toy! I was rooting for you to get that ball! And I loved watching you pounce!

L. Alida said...

Oh what fun! You were very patient, but it seemed like you became a bit cranky when you couldn't get the ball. :) Cricket sure would be, and when she gets frustrated she heaves a very heavy sigh. (it's very funny) Thanks for the cuteness today sweet Daisy.
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a lot of fun!!! i loved this video honey and you are SO cute in it!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

That is a great toy! You were so close to getting that ball!

You are right old toys are the best.

Forty Paws said...

That is so cool! It needs to come back on the market!

Luf, Us

Chrissie said...

I LIKE THAT TOY! I want to get that ball! I REALLY LIKE THAT TOY!!!

Angus' Mom here: He's spazzin' out-we need to find somebody who sells that way cool toy-I told him he may not be able to fit his paw in those holes, but he's yelling, "I CAN, TOO, I WANT THAT TOY!"

BunGirl said...

I've seen something like this in one of my fave pet catalogs: you can find it here. Not exactly the same, but same kind of concept. Also, this one is leopard print!

Leona said...

That looks like so much fun! Get the ball Daisy! GET THE BALL!

The Crew said...

That's a great toy! Did you try "googling" gommelgrabber? (try meowing that 5 times!)

Monkee said...

That looks like a fun toy, but I think you should be able to get the ball after a while. That would really frustrate me if I couldn't get the ball.

P.S. You're always welcome to come over and be my snuggle buddy if Pixie gets to grumpy to snuggle with.

Anonymous said...

Get that ball, Daisy! That sure looks like a fun toy!

Asta said...

Daisy
What a terrifically clever,fun,toy!
I pounce just like that sometimes on my toys..Mommi says i must be pawt cat,hehehe
I hope you have houws andhouws of fun .I agwee, sometimes the old toys awe the best
smoochie kisses
Asta

Sunny's Mommy said...

That looks like a very difficult toy game to win. Did you get the ball out all by yourself? Or did your Mommie have to help you?

DK & The Fluffies said...

I totally want one now!

The Meezers or Billy said...

we was waiting for the ball to come popping out the top. that would be AWSOME!!

Frasier said...

Hi Daisy
Thats a cool toy to have.
Has you momma tried ebay ?
Frasier

Anonymous said...

Did you get the ball? Cool toy :)

Sarge Charlie said...

YOU CRACK ME UP WITH THIS GOMMELGRABBER

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Hey Daisy, I have so enjoyed your blog that I have an award for you in appreciation. Come over and get it.

SophieKitty said...

That toy looks like a blast! I want one. And I must say, you are very light on your feet.

Kimo and Sabi said...

WOWY - that looks like super fun!

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Hi Daisy!
Great video of you! We like watching you pounce on the gommelgrabber! You're an awesome pouncer :)

Love,
Rocky, Angie, & S'more xo

Skeezix the Cat said...

WOW! I wunt one of thoze! Ixsept I can't purrnownse it.

MaoMao said...

Oh, wowie! That thingie looks like such funsies! I'd go krazy tryin to get that ball, get that ball, GET THAT BALL!!!!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Cool! Does it come in pink? Oh, yeah ... Hard to find, right?

DMM

The Devil Dog said...

That looks like a very fun toy, Daisy. But it also looks like it might be very frustrating. Were you having fun?

Roxy

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

frustratin an disturbin fer me, daisy. if u cooda climbed thru dat hole u wooda grabbed da grommel (or gommel ... i dunno.)
in udder nooz ... yes ... i'm in luv wid mi monkey.
luv--jh

Sam I Am said...

SOOOOO FUNNY!!!!! Do you know I have never tryed that..
I think my paws would get stuck.
woof -woof

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

So happy Brit is adopted. That's a long time to be in the shelter. I purrayed that she would be happy in her furrever home.

Sassy Kat said...

Gee that could drive ya crazy. That looks like a neat toy though, your mommie should contact a cat toy company and see if they can make these again if they cannot be found, you could get rich; make them give you something for the idea.

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

What a neat toy, Daisy! You look like you were having a whole lotta fun! We wonder where it got its name...
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Unknown said...

Toys! We loves toys! And dat looks like a very good one. Mom....

ps. da music in da video is very cool.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful video, Daisy! And that toy looks like so much fun.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Randi said...

OH Daisy! That movie is SOOO much better than the pol-a-tick crap thats on TV tonight! I think your momma should loop that video & make it play 24/7 on your bloggy! Kinda like Law & Order..ITS ALWAYS ON!

Love & Licks,
Randi

TorAa said...

I'm impressed - both how Daisy handled the challenge and the functionality of this simple fun toy.

Anonymous said...

Mom searched on ebay... it apprears that you will have to share your Gommelgrabber Daisy. Can we be next? =^..^=

darlene said...

she is the cutest!!

Quecumber said...

I think that's one of the best toys I've ever seen! That was awesome!

Andree said...

that's a marvelous toy. I wonder if any kitties have ever figured that one out. I loved Daisy's expression when the ball fell in the top: her head did the quickest little tiny BOING! It as so funny!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! Funny video!

Spunky Doodle said...

I like your move, Daisy. That does look like a very fun toy. I liked playing with the PetSmart box that we got when we brought home Moe. It had holes in it too and Karen would poke her fingers or mice toys in and out of them for me. She would stick the mice in the holes and then I could hit them out. It was one of my favorite toys!

JD at I Do Things said...

What a fun toy! I Googled "Gommelgrabber" but only found Daisy-related posts! That's too bad, because my cats would love this toy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails