Saturday, January 26, 2008

Photo Hunters #53: Old Fashioned

The Photo Hunters theme this week is old fashioned. Here are some old fashioned monkey toys that my Mommie collected. I like these two because one is eating a hamburger with ketchup and the other one is licking an ice cream cone! When you wind them up, they eat! I looked at the ice cream cone more closely, and I saw that the ice cream is made of COTTON! That does not look very delicious or nutritious.
Here are some more old monkeys. Hi Monkeys! One is combing his hair, and the other one is practicing a Circus stunt! I tried to do that stunt where you flip around on the chairs, but I could not do it. Maybe it is easier to do if you are a monkey.

Please ignore the monkey on the bottom. I am scairt of him. I think he sneaks around at night and does bad deeds.
These old fashioned monkeys are very funny because when you wind them up, their tails go round and round like a propeller! The one in the middle has a baton and he tries to conduct an orchestra. I never heard any music though.
And finally, here are some old stuffed monkey toys. I am Not Allowed to touch them, but I think it is okay if I am very gentle. Hey! I just noticed that the monkeys have curly furs, like me.


Share/Bookmark

49 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Daisy, and perfect for this week's theme. Only thing is - all monkeys scare me! But not as much as dogs. Have a lovely, purry weekend!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those are very cute monkeys, Daisy! Great choice for this week's Hunt. You look adorable checking them out.

Poppy Q said...

Thanks for sharing one of your mommys hobbies with us. I can see you was being very gentle Daisy.

Leslie said...

We love seeing the old toys! That was brilliant!

We are working on gran's old photos from the 1920s.

I really like all your clothes you have been wearing lately.

Hey Daisy, mom has made me an old fashioned portrait for my first birthday next week. I'm in velvet. I look a bit swish! They are real clothes like you have.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, Perhaps you and the curly monkey are cousins? You should be able to play nicely with your cousin.

Ramses said...

Daisy I'z wonder if that makes you part monkey?! ;)

Mickey's Musings said...

What a great take on Old Fashioned! Those are very nice monkees and they do have curly furs like you!They look kinda cute too :)
Purrs Mickey

Anonymous said...

My son also collects monkeys, but he has nothing as rare and old fashioned as these wonderful toys!

Cindy said...

Keep those monkeys in line Daisy! Especially that one that sneaks out at night to do naughty things...

Monty Q. Kat said...

Hey hey it's the Monkeys!

Wait, that isn't right...

Anonymous said...

Nice monkeys!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

The monkeys are so CUTE. They fit the old-fashioned theme GREAT.

Scylla & Charybdis

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

The monkeys are great! I like them very much.
I did not know that monkeys ate cotton ice cream.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

These are quite a collection, Daisy~! Your mommy has very very good taste~!!!
I think you are very very gentle to these collection, that is ok~!

Dma said...

I am very impressed with your mom's monkey collection.

Mandy said...

Daisy ~ Those are very cute monkeys. Watch out though, monkeys can get in a lot of trouble. Even more than you do.

Kitikata-san said...

Those monkeys are very cute (even the scary one). I think the curly coat monkey is sweet like you.

L. Alida said...

Those monkeys are so cool! I bet when your mommie makes them move you become very curious. :) The only monkey we have is Mr. Sock Monkey. Have a fun Saturday Daisy.
Hugs and Purrs to you and Pixie,
Lorianna

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I can see that you are being very gentle with the old fashioned Monkeys. We like the ones that are eating best too!

Shaggy and Scout said...

That is a nice collection she has Daisy! Our mom is boring, she just has books & books & books.

zevo hussein calamari said...

Cool monkeys! My pet human loves monkeys too...though she does not collect them like yours. You look adorable posing with them.

Anonymous said...

Great choices! I've never seen toys of that sort before. I can bet they are a source of great temptation :)

Utah Mommy said...

Cute photos you got here. My son said your cat has cute eyes lol! Happy weekend!

Dragonstar said...

I agree with Siani - monkeys are scary!
You, on the other hand, are beautiful.

The Cat Realm said...

Thank you for showing us those wonderful and interesting monkeys! we immensely enjoyed seeing them!

Anonymous said...

Cute monkeys! Thanks for dropping by.

Liz said...

What a cute entry for old fashioned. Happy Sunday.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i am scairt of all monkeys and all birds too for that matter! you are b very brave to get so close to them!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxooxo

Unknown said...

me likez your monkey dollz, me think you is cuter but monkey is goodz!! happy saturdayz!!

Mo and The Purries said...

Thanks for sharing your mommy's collection with us!
I'd be scairt of that bottom one, too!
luv,
Not The Mama

Unknown said...

Those are cute pictures, Daisy, especially because you are involved, too - and you are definitely NOT old-fashioned =)

Sunny's Mommy said...

Those are very interesting monkeys your Mommie collects :-)

Sarge Charlie said...

I love your old fashioned stuff Miss Daisy. I sure took a long time for your site to load today. And of course I had to click on the gay wheels to see what was out of the closet. I am posting late today since I just got of the Carnival Freedom and their first annual Bloggers Cruise, 700 bloggers on board, it was fun, next one from New Orleans in February 09.

Milton said...

Daisy, those are great old toys. I'm sure that you are very careful with them.

Oh, I've tagged you for the nickname Meme. See my blog for all the info.

Jan Price said...

That was nice. You were very gentle with your mom's old toys.

jans funny farm

jams o donnell said...

Those old fashioned things look so interesting. Great choices for this week's theme

Anonymous said...

oh wow!!! i've just seen some of these kinds at the library the last time i went there. :) great job!

come by mine if u got a chance. :)
http://www.rareordinarythoughts.com/2008/01/photohunt-old-fashioned.html

Natalie said...

What fun old toys! :)

Come visit my Old Fashioned photos if you get a chance. :)

The Devil Dog said...

Those are very old fashioned monkeys, Daisy, very cool. I think I understand why you are scared of that other one, the one with the cymbals. He looks a little suspicious to me. I bet you get blamed for everything bad he does. Want me to put a bitey on him?

Roxy

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Oh! All those old Georges are beautiful! And they all look very curious, too.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I have munkeeys, too! Thare called Heer no Evil, See no Evil and Speek no Evil. I got them frum my best frend Jeter Harris. I like munkeeys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute monkeys great collection :)

Team Tabby said...

Those monkeys do look very old, a nice collection though. Daisy, you are looking at the monkeys with such intent - bet you would love to play wif dem.

Moe & Mindy

The Wanderer said...

your rights, I know one of thems monkeys is the one that hides in a closet right after doing somefing bad, and leaves the kitteh to get all the blames!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Dem monkeys is furry cute. Yoor right, a cotton wad is not either deelishus or nutrishus.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Them monkeys look furry fun!

SophieKitty said...

Your mommie has a cool collection!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...looks like good toys for you! Don't you hate when things are behind doors like that?
I enjoy all your posts, but can't say so on all. Just to let ya know.

Samantha & Mom said...

Your Mom has some neat old-fashioned toys! Monkey's are cute and you were so gentle with the soft monkies at the end!
YFF,

Related Posts with Thumbnails