Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday 13, Edition #53: Why I deserve a Lotus cat tree!

I have been dreaming and hoping for a Lotus cat tree for a while. I think it was too big for Santa Claws to fit it into his sleigh this year. So, here are 13 reasons why I think I deserve to get a Lotus cat tree:
  1. There might be an after-Christmas sale on them!
  2. It comes in a mahogany color that will match the bedroom furniture.
  3. I would share it with Pixie (whenever I am busy doing something else).
  4. It is very beautiful, almost like a piece of sculpture! Here is a picture of one:
  5. It is almost 6 feet tall! And you know I love to climb high.
  6. The platform supports up to 50#, so it will be strong enough for me. Even if I gain 44 pounds.
  7. If I can climb on this tree, I will not climb around in places where I am Not Allowed. At least, not as often.
  8. I will donate some of the monies I have saved up to help pay for it. I have one green paper, and 43 metal circles saved up so far.
  9. I already picked out the perfect spot for it. Right here, in the corner:
  10. I been a very good cat this year, so I think I deserve it.
  11. If I get the Lotus cat tree, I promise not to scratch anything Wrong.
  12. It looks like I can do some fun Circus stunts from this cat tree!
  13. It has a carpeted cubby-hole for hiding! I could even store some of my toys there.
Wish me luck on my campaign to get a Lotus cat tree!

Share/Bookmark

80 Notes for Daisy:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That's a lovely cat tree Daisy. We hope you find one in the sales, but we think you might need to save a few more green papers first.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those are very beautiful cat trees, Daisy. We hope they have a sale on them.

Leslie said...

I love the way they hold 50 pounds. All scratching posts should do this.

Here are Trixie's statistics:

Right, Trixie is five and a half kilos (12.1 pounds).

Pye weighs three and a half (7.7 pounds).

Tigger is a light weight. She's about two and three quarter kilos (6.1 pounds).

Trixie has a very fat, short neck so I had to get her a 13 inch collar. It was really hard to find one. All the standard grocery ones are 12 inch.

Mom finds her large 'cause she lies on her arm while she's typing, and because the other two cats are so light! It's a lot of weight to have lying on parts of you!

Also, she's not Siamese sleek, she's roundish. :) From her forehead to her tail.

But the good point is, she's got more to cuddle! Yay!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I think those are all good reasons to have a tree!

Parker said...

I think you have made a very good case. Since they are out of stock you can save some more green papers and get one for the Spring! They are very beautiful!

The Lazy Iguana said...

That is a cool looking cat tree. I hope that green paper has a picture of Ben Franklin on it! If it is a picture of George Washington you are going to need a lot more of them.

Ramses said...

Oh yes I'z fink one of those would be lovely! :)

Sarge Charlie said...

Climb up on mommie and do that foot pushing thingie until she says she will give you enough green paper to get one of these, you have been such a good little cat, I know you deserve one.......

Poppy Q said...

Daisy I will give you some green monies to buy this tree for you and Pixie Bananas.

In fact I thinks you should do a Daisy raffle to pay for it. Maybe you should raffles off some of your mugs, buttons etc. Then you could use the money for your cat tree and extra monies for your shelter pussy cats.

Have a great day friend.

Mickey's Musings said...

That is a very nice looking cat tree. I hope they go on sale for you.You might have to do some chores to earn more green papers though. There's always your birthday!
Purrs Mickey

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Hi Daisy, we have a muuuuch easier way that you can get this fabulous looking cat tree.
Go to daddies wallet (that foldie thing he carries withplastic squares in it and maybe a few papers) and get the plastic thing out... then go online and order it. you just give the numbers from the plastic card and you save your paper and circles for more important things like outfits.

It is really easy you can get it just sitting on the couch with mommie and it will come on a truck maybe from the man in the brown shorts!!
Happpy day and hugs from Prinnie

Jessica said...

I think my Kitter would like a lotus tree, too.

You make me smile, Daisy.

Dma said...

Very convincing points- I can't think of any reason you shouldn't get a lotus tree.

I like the picture BTW. (Of you not of the tree.)

Monty Q. Kat said...

Maybe you could make a calendar to sell and raise enough green papers for it?

MomBean says I'm too fat for it. :P

Gattina said...

Wow ! that's a very beautiful tree if we didn't have the wheeping willow in our garden I am sure my cats would like it too ! You know what ? do some blackmailing, jump on everything where you are sure you are not allowed to, scratch the furniture and meow loud in front of this picture until they will give up and buy you one ! (that's what my cats would do !)

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

That is a really neat cat tree and we totally think you deserve it!! Demand that your Mommy get it for you! if she doesn't, maybe we can pirate one for you!

The Furry Kids said...

HO.LEE.CATS. That is the best cat tree ever. Daisy, you definitely need one of those. I think our moms should buy us those. Right now.

Love,
Tazo

Anonymous said...

Alan and I have been looking on the net for some sturdy long-lasting well-built cat trees and that is one of the ones we looked at! We are getting a tax refund this year, and we plan to buy 3 cat trees, one for the living room, one for the bedroom and one for the extra room which is, basically, the kitty's room.

LZ said...

Good luck Daisy! I have a sneaking suspicion its more your Daddie you have to convince. How is his foot doing?

Kaze

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We hope you get the lotus cat tree Daisy. It looks lovely and like it would be a lot of fun to play on. It is perfect for you.

Scylla, Charybdis & Sockie~Pooh

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

lotus cat tree might be a great choice Daisy~!
And since this year only started for few days~~~ We can't be that bad, you certainly could get that gift~~~~

Just... even I have the cat tree. I have never scratch the cat tree before. That is not the material I like to scratch.

Good Luck.

The Crew said...

Oh my goodness Daisy, that cat tree is just elegant and we think it's perfect for you. If you're getting a petition together, we'll sign it!

Tipper & Misty

The Meezers or Billy said...

we can add in our 27 metal circles - some of them are even silver!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge won a lot of green papers at poker! i will tell him to give them to you! you deserve it daisy, you have been very good...

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Forty Paws said...

We sure hope you get your Lotus Cat Tree! You deserve one! We have 5 cat trees, but none of them are flowers.

Luf, Us

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Daisy,
I have never heard of a "lotus" cat tree before. It looks really nice and fun and high to climb! I thought it was a real tree like outside. Good luck on getting one.....my suspicions are that your mom already plans on getting you one!
--JB

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

13 very good reasons why you should get one! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey there.. wonderful article
Wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year 2008!

Cheers!
- Wakish -

Anonymous said...

The Lotus cat tree is great Daisy. Maybe your mom could pay money instead of Temptations for your modeling and the you would have lots of green papers to pay for it.

Nomi said...

Dat twee fing is surtenly a furry classic looking bit of firnitire !
Yor mummy cud take lots of pikchers of you and Pixie on yor twee.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope you get one Daisy! I quite like them too!

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

I think you should have one, we got a cat tree for Christmas but not like that one! I think you should go for the Birthday present angle, we did not get our stroller so that's what Empress is trying to convince daddy that is what she needs as her birthday is sooner than mine.~Queen Snickers

Anonymous said...

er, you may want to add "not being so generous with the bitey" to your list Daisy ;)

Patti said...

I think you definitely deserve a lotus tree. I've never seen one quite like that. I bet my Tedy would love one too! :)

L. Alida said...

All three of my kitties would love that tree! Billie would hide in the house, Cricket would climb to the very top and Cody would be right on her tail, chasing her down. Oh, the chaos! I do think you and Pixie would be much better behaved while playing on it. ;)
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna

Anonymous said...

I'd work furry, furry hard to talk mommy into the tree... Tell her Auntie Lois thinks you've been really good so far!

Shaggy and Scout said...

It would be perfect in the bedroom! A very nice accessory!

LZ said...

Hehe....my Tall Man would say the exact same thing as your Daddie!! He'd be all...."That thing is huge, we don't have any room for it!" and then the LL would give him that look and the sweet eyes and that usually works. But I think you've got a real edge with your Mommie waiting on him, he'll break soon!

Kaze

Jimmy Joe said...

Whoa, Daisy, that tree is beautiful. I have another idea for how you can bargain to get your tree: you can do some of your photo shoots by modeling on the tree and I bet it will pay for itself in no time.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

cindy kay said...

Good luck!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

THAT looks like a great new toy! I hopes you gets it!

Tybalt said...

That is one beautiful cat tree! I think you are right, Daisy. You certainly deserve it.

Saffi and Jasmin said...

We like the look of your Tree, daisy and we thinks you should definitely get one as you are an INTERNATIONAL
PURRRRRRRSONALITY. Do you thinks they make them in England? We have never seen one here yet.
Love Saffi and Jasmin xxx

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Ooo - Daisy, that is a beautiful kitty tree! You are so precious, you most certainly deserve one :)

Keep working on Mommy and Daddy and we bet you'll have one in no time! :)

Love,
Rocky, Angie, & S'more xo

Jan Price said...

Oooh, nifty! We like the lotus cat tree too. But we know we won't get one, so we'll just enjoy pix of yours when you get one.

jans funny farm

Lisa said...

That's a beautiful cat tree, Daisy! our girls would surely knock it over as they play so rough, the one they have now needed weights in the front feets to keep it from tilting over!!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Daisy!!! It is beautiful and you totally deserve one of those! I looked at the site and I think i deserve a refined litter box for me. Mao can have the old one xx

Alexi said...

Oooh, dat's a beauteous tree. We'll take three! Also, da blue cat man wants some of dose hidden litterbox thingys...good luck! Mommy will have to have lots of green papers!

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Wow that lotus cat tree looks wonderful! I gotta tell my mom. Mom...mom please can I have one of those cat trees! Pleeeeese!

Asta said...

Daisy
That is a gowgeous lotus cat twee!! I hope vewy much that you get one,(if I wewe a cats,I would absolutely wish fow one too) I have some metal ciwlcles too if it will help I'll send them to you..I would love to do youw ciwcus twicks on it, and what a fabulous cozy place to hide too!plus I think it would add to the booty of the woom! Good luck little cutie
smoochie kisses
Asta

Tyler said...

Daisy, that is a beautiful cat tree. I have a feeling that you will be able to convince your parents to get it for you. I think you have your mom wrapped around your little paw. Which is the way a cat deserves to be treated, by the way. Good luck. If you get it, will you invite us over to play "Chase You Up the Cat Tree?" In our house it's part of "Thundering herd of elephants." It's really really fun.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

You DESERVE that beautiful Lotus cat tree, Daisy. I suggest a "sit in" until it is safely delivered to your house.

DMM

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Yoo are used to going up high so dat cat tree would be a good fing for yoo.

Clover said...

Hi Daisy!
Happy New Year!
I hope you get one of those trees! I can see that it would look beautiful in the space you picked out.
Love Clover xo

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

That's a very practical and beautiful tree. I hope you mange to get it. Love your photo! A very pensive Daisy.

If you are looking for clues to Sassy's mystery, come to my blog. There are clues in the posting and comments for solving the mystery. Sassy and I are in this together. Good luck! You're a smart kitty, I'm confident you would crack it.

Anonymous said...

Of *course* you deserve that Lotus cat tree, Daisy! I think I speak for everyone here when I say that you are one special and amazing lady cat. You've gone to all the trouble of picking one out and choosing the perfect spot for it, and even made a list of 13 benefits -- I bet your Mommie couldn't come up with a list of 13 negatives! Keep us posted...

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo should get yoor mom's plastic money card and order one. It will make yoor mommy furry happy. Really.

Anonymous said...

I think you deserve it cause your sweet and adorable :)

Artsy Catsy said...

Yes Daisy, we absolutely agree that you MUST have a Zen Lotus Cat Tree. A spiritual, metaphysical curlycat such as yourself must have a proper place to meditate!

And you don't need our T-13 to feel smart. You are the most brilliant kitty we know!

Rocky

Kaz's Cats said...

Wow! That's one great cat tree. Of course you should have one. You're right - it might have been a bit big for Santa. That just means that your humans NEED to get it for you - they just haven't realised it yet! LOL

Thanks so much for visiting our blog and saying hi,

Purrs & Headbutts

Gypsy & Tasha

The Devil Dog said...

I think those are very good reasons you deserve a lotus cat tree. It is very pretty. If I had any green papers or coins, I would send them to you to help pay for it, but I am not interested in either so I can't help. Sorry.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful cat tree, I agree!!

You 44 pounds... hahahaha. Then you have to eat tons of Temptations! :)

Ruis

ps -- I am surfing the internet at 35,000 feet... haha... some last visits before our cruise begins.

Chrissie said...

Those cat trees are muy cool, Daisy. I hope there's a ginormous sale on them and that your mommie lets you chip in for one. I think you deserve one for all the rude lizards you've had to put up with last year!

SophieKitty said...

You totally deserve that cat tree, Daisy. I have a tree (my kitty command tower) but it's not nearly as nice. I would totally contribute to a "Get Daisy a Tree" Fund!

Ivan from WMD said...

I hope you get that tree, Daisy! You'd look perfect resting in it.

Anonymous said...

That is really a nice tree for you to climb on. Maybe if the beans get income tax moola-ha!
I am liking the litterbox cabinet too. Don't know if it's too dark in there though.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Daisy,
I was tagged!
Take a look and continue the game!

http://jbsbigworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-was-tagged.html

Read the rules on my friend Anna's site:
http://myonlyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/01/farm-windmill-to-windmill-farms.html

See you later!
--JB

Siani said...

Good luck, Daisy. Just remember - green papers are more useful for saving up than metal circles, although it all adds up. Happy TT!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Oh boy, Daisy! We hope you get one! Good arguments in your favor. We would like to convince our mommy to get us one of those, too. Good luck!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy!!

I couldz contry-bute to dis ting...if dat iz what you truly wants. I yam not rich, but I do haz a few of doze copper linkydotcomz, if you could uze dem.

-Dr Tweety

Mimi Lenox said...

I think you deserve a lotus tree, Daisy. I never had one myself. I don't even know what a lotus tree is, but a carpeted hole to hide in sounds very nice about now.

I'm sure you've been a good cat this year. Santa was not fooled! The delivery was just a bit delayed. I'm sure of it.

You're not afraid of heights are ya?

Motor Home Cats said...

We think you should get one too - it is very pretty, but it wouldn't go well in our house. We have a different kind, but Tiki can't climb up it too well now.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Sam I Am said...

From the DOG .

daisy-
Kleenex alert!!
I am always amused when a cat goes in and rolls all the paper off the toilet
I had to stop by and bark I just love your picture.sniff-sniff

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, I have a lot of Euros I can send yoo. The FL calls it funny munney, wich meens yoo can laff win yoo buy yer Lotus Cat Tree with it!

Karl and Ruis said...

We are on the cruise now!!!!
Come on over and check out our cabin at the Antarctic cruise ship!!!
Karl and Ruis
P.S. We will both help you petition for the beautiful Lotus cat tree, you certainly deserve it!

Boy said...

That's a fuwwy exciting twee Daisy! I want one too!!!!

Queen of Halloween said...

I'm going to use your reasons and maybe mommy will get one for me too or maybe make me one...I can dream..Happy New Years to all of you...purrs...Suki

Samantha & Mom said...

That's a cool looking cat tree! We will keep our paws crossed that you get one!
Your FL furiends,

Sunny's Mommy said...

I hope you get it, Daisy. You certainly deserve to have it!

Gretchen said...

I fianlly got to go visiting today. I love your Lotus tree. I wanted a tree for Christmas, too, but Santa didn't bring me one. I think he didn't have room, either. I'm sure he couldn't have forgotten something as important as that.

I hope you get yours.

Hugs...G

Related Posts with Thumbnails